Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 20. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
September 03, 2017, 02:48:35 AM
If anyone wants to weigh in on the risk of waiting until Sept 15 for NON US citizens, that'd be good.

in my mind, the primary distinction is not between US and non-US. if you're a brit or aussie, do you really want to risk sending your documents (and DNA sample, etc. given their past verification procedures) to the new exchange? they were indicted by the goddamn feds, who consider btc-e's funds to be the proceeds of money laundering. i'm not fucking with the FBI and neither should you, at least if you're from a western/non-CIS country.

if you're russian or from a former soviet republic, you don't have much to worry about. and maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion. but i'm probably gonna give up 5 figures value here to walk away from this without having any of that hanging over my head.

plus, maybe i can get access to funds sooner this way, and can hedge as i see fit. two weeks in this volatility is a lifetime longer to wait.

DNA sample? When was this, what kind of DNA??

Would are the implications of getting caught up with the FBI if you're outside their jurisdiction?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
September 03, 2017, 02:43:46 AM
If anyone wants to weigh in on the risk of waiting until Sept 15 for NON US citizens, that'd be good.

in my mind, the primary distinction is not between US and non-US. if you're a brit or aussie, do you really want to risk sending your documents (and DNA sample, etc. given their past verification procedures) to the new exchange? they were indicted by the goddamn feds, who consider btc-e's funds to be the proceeds of money laundering. i'm not fucking with the FBI and neither should you, at least if you're from a western/non-CIS country.

if you're russian or from a former soviet republic, you don't have much to worry about. and maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion. but i'm probably gonna give up 5 figures value here to walk away from this without having any of that hanging over my head.

plus, maybe i can get access to funds sooner this way, and can hedge as i see fit. two weeks in this volatility is a lifetime longer to wait.
Activity: 7
September 03, 2017, 02:32:19 AM
Activity: 39
September 03, 2017, 12:05:06 AM
Isn't btc-e going to release another FAQ regarding verification today so people can make a educated decision to withdraw today or not?

it's already there
https://btc-e.nz/refund

Being in the US I opted for the refund. It seemed to be the safest thing to do. Hoping to see something within 72 hours.

Can you guys clarify what the terms are? What does it say when you log in and click the refund tab? I won't be at home for like 8 hours and I just get an error message when I click the refund link while not logged in. Could you copy/paste the terms? We have to wait 72 hours and we will get output based on the current market rates (at withdraw time)?

Thanks in advance.

This page is made for an immediate return of funds for those who do not want to wait, or do not believe in us.
You can receive 55% of your funds immediately, without verification, provided by your consent to refuse to receive the other 45% of funds.
All funds will be returned in coins only. That is why if you had funds in fiat currencies (USD, RUR, EUR), first they will be converted into USD at the exchange rate of Central Bank of Russian Federation, after that USD will be converted into liquid coins(50% BTC, 25% LTC, 25% ETH) at the exchange rate of other cryptocurrency exchanges and returned to them.
After the return of funds following this procedure, your account will deleted forever, without a possibility to restore it. If you wish to continue working with us after relaunch, you would have to open a new account.
All funds will be returned during 72 hours.

I am curious about how the fiat converter rate to BTC/LTC/ETH (50/25/25)
If rate before its shutdown, than fiat will not lose much since the coin value rise since then.

no the refund page shows that its todays rate... which kinda sucks
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
September 02, 2017, 11:56:34 PM
Isn't btc-e going to release another FAQ regarding verification today so people can make a educated decision to withdraw today or not?

it's already there

Being in the US I opted for the refund. It seemed to be the safest thing to do. Hoping to see something within 72 hours.

Can you guys clarify what the terms are? What does it say when you log in and click the refund tab? I won't be at home for like 8 hours and I just get an error message when I click the refund link while not logged in. Could you copy/paste the terms? We have to wait 72 hours and we will get output based on the current market rates (at withdraw time)?

Thanks in advance.

This page is made for an immediate return of funds for those who do not want to wait, or do not believe in us.
You can receive 55% of your funds immediately, without verification, provided by your consent to refuse to receive the other 45% of funds.
All funds will be returned in coins only. That is why if you had funds in fiat currencies (USD, RUR, EUR), first they will be converted into USD at the exchange rate of Central Bank of Russian Federation, after that USD will be converted into liquid coins(50% BTC, 25% LTC, 25% ETH) at the exchange rate of other cryptocurrency exchanges and returned to them.
After the return of funds following this procedure, your account will deleted forever, without a possibility to restore it. If you wish to continue working with us after relaunch, you would have to open a new account.

I am curious about how the fiat converter rate to BTC/LTC/ETH (50/25/25)
If rate before its shutdown, than fiat will not lose much since the coin value rise since then.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 02, 2017, 08:24:10 PM
So those six check boxes at the refund page is to agree to withdraw funds now and lose 45%, as well as your account?
Yeah, the check box that says "I agree that my account will be deleted without an option to restore it after the return of 55% of my funds."   might be related to that.
Activity: 5
September 02, 2017, 08:16:46 PM

it's already there

Thanks in advance.

So those six check boxes at the refund page is to agree to withdraw funds now and lose 45%, as well as your account?
Activity: 13
September 02, 2017, 07:30:27 PM
trezor have all u have mentioned
nothing better than that...

You can use Yobit.net
worst joke ever
Anything I should know? But again I'm am just looking for a quick substitute exchange, not some kind of fancy wallet system.
September 02, 2017, 07:23:37 PM
You can use Yobit.net
Thanks for giving actual useful advice. As a heads-up for anyone else who looks at this, they seem to use BCC instead of BCH as the symbol for Bitcoin Cash. Almost didn't think they had it at first. But they do, so thanks again.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 02, 2017, 07:20:18 PM
Can anyone recommend a no-hassle (probably crypto-only) exchange that deals in all of BTC, BCH, LTC and ETH?
https://www.exodus.io/eden/
Eh, I don't really consider installing experimental unsupported software "no-hassle". I'm just looking for an online exchange where I can quickly stash the less valuable coins until I decide what to do with them, and have the option of converting them to BTC if I decided that's the best course of action.

A multi-curency wallet program sounds cool and all, but it's not what I'm not really up for messing with that at the moment.

trezor have all u have mentioned
nothing better than that...

You can use Yobit.net
worst joke ever
erk
September 02, 2017, 07:04:07 PM
Can anyone recommend a no-hassle (probably crypto-only) exchange that deals in all of BTC, BCH, LTC and ETH?
Eh, I don't really consider installing experimental unsupported software "no-hassle". I'm just looking for an online exchange where I can quickly stash the less valuable coins until I decide what to do with them, and have the option of converting them to BTC if I decided that's the best course of action.

A multi-curency wallet program sounds cool and all, but it's not what I'm not really up for messing with that at the moment.
bad luck for you then. Keep looking.
Activity: 131
Merit: 18
September 02, 2017, 07:03:43 PM
In the refund page :
"To refuse payment by currency, write "-" instead of the address. "

What do that mean ?

We can withdraw only selected coins ?
Yes, but just that means they keep the rest. I think the current wording is "To refuse payment (donate)..."

This is pretty annoying for me. The part where accepting an immediate refund closes our account was an unexpected twist. I have small amounts on there in a couple of currencies that I don't have my own wallet for. So now I have to scramble to set something up or else abandon those if I want my BTC back.

You can use Yobit.net
September 02, 2017, 07:00:00 PM

erk
September 02, 2017, 06:53:37 PM
September 02, 2017, 06:42:51 PM
In the refund page :
"To refuse payment by currency, write "-" instead of the address. "

What do that mean ?

We can withdraw only selected coins ?
Yes, but just that means they keep the rest. I think the current wording is "To refuse payment (donate)..."

This is pretty annoying for me. The part where accepting an immediate refund closes our account was an unexpected twist. I have small amounts on there in a couple of currencies that I don't have my own wallet for. So now I have to scramble to set something up or else abandon those if I want my BTC back.

Activity: 133
September 02, 2017, 06:29:59 PM
This is bullshit and down right extortion. Nobody knows what will happen later. They might be doing that to let their biggest client get away and we lose the cash.

I'm not taking a 50% loss.
erk
September 02, 2017, 06:29:28 PM
I believe that depends on how many of us decides to get refunds now. I think they will give a more solid answer after this refund period. They can recalculate all those that forfeited their 45% adn then they will know how much more they can reward those who stayed.

Exactly.

I stay. I'm not a mobster, I did not wash money ... why do I run?
I hope my stay helps them because it is worth it.

Some people need fiat so they take what coin they can now and cash out whilst market is up to compensate for 45% haircut.
Others just weak hands, much fear.

Activity: 133
September 02, 2017, 06:28:17 PM

it's already there

Thanks in advance.

Activity: 541
September 02, 2017, 05:45:50 PM
I believe that depends on how many of us decides to get refunds now. I think they will give a more solid answer after this refund period. They can recalculate all those that forfeited their 45% adn then they will know how much more they can reward those who stayed.

Exactly.

I stay. I'm not a mobster, I did not wash money ... why do I run?
I hope my stay helps them because it is worth it.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
September 02, 2017, 05:39:28 PM
The way I understood it was 55% of each crypto in your account which was accurate.
Not with me. I only had BTC and fiat in my account, but yet they offer me ETH and LTC alongside BTC and BCH.

They did credit BCH 1:1 but just like all the other cryptos you could get 55% now or wait till the 15 and get 55% + 45% in thier tokens.
That's not really 1:1 if they take 45% from it directly after that. If they only offer people 55% of BCH, they should state it as such, and that hasn't been the case as BTC-E is just trying to flash its users this way. But still, if I add up the values of each offered currency, it isn't even touching 50%. I had slightly over $10,000 in fiat, and 5BTC in my account, so you can understand that the decisions will weigh heavily in case I decide to agree with their ridiculous terms to have the other 45%, or better said, 50% discarded.
Pages:
Jump to: