Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 19. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 03, 2017, 10:52:50 AM
u guys know how long is 72hours ... right?
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
September 03, 2017, 10:42:20 AM
Anyone who withdrew gotten their funds as yet?

Very good question.
And I'm curious ... oh, not that I do not trust.

I just want to know how long the blood bath will hold on the markets (as this is one of the reasons why the whales have dropped the price at the BTC)
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
September 03, 2017, 10:22:14 AM
So are US citizens not welcomed to the new exchange? I cannot find any new info whether or not we are accepted and the old post from BTC-e on the Russian sub forum on bitcointalk saying "no longer serving usa" post has been deleted. I've also checked the FAQ on there website and there is no mention about banning US Citizen either. 
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
September 03, 2017, 09:39:55 AM
Anyone who withdrew gotten their funds as yet?
Activity: 32
September 03, 2017, 08:06:15 AM
US citizens should withdraw now.
I'm from France . I have only 1300e in btce so I will wait till 15th September.
Activity: 45
September 03, 2017, 08:01:07 AM
https://poll.pollcode.com/62684153_result?v

Are you withdrawing now or waiting until september 15th?

Activity: 32
September 03, 2017, 07:58:21 AM
Anyone else get an email like this:-

At this moment 65% of balances on wallets is in stock, the rest of balances on wallets will be turn into tickets, which we will buy from you. Vouchers can be buy and sell on our market. On September 13 we will start money transfers to your purses. Before September 8, please fill a blank which you must download from the attachement, and send it to [email protected]

BTC-e managers.
scam
erk
Activity: 826
September 03, 2017, 07:22:57 AM

At this moment 65% of balances on wallets is in stock, the rest of balances on wallets will be turn into tickets, which we will buy from you. Vouchers can be buy and sell on our market. On September 13 we will start money transfers to your purses. Before September 8, please fill a blank which you must download from the attachement, and send it to [email protected]

BTC-e managers.

Sure got several, shoved them in the trash straight away before infection.
Activity: 160
September 03, 2017, 07:18:46 AM

BTC-e managers.
erk
Activity: 826
September 03, 2017, 07:06:12 AM
By your logic, you'll then want to anonymize your coins after withdrawing.  There are some pretty advanced systems out there to link wallets to real identities.  So if you truly believe there is a risk receiving funds from BTC-e, then you have work to do separating yourself from them.  Personally, I don't think individuals are going to be targeted by any 3 letter organizations.  If you can show your deposit to the exchange, then you can prove you are just withdrawing your own money. 

I take it you'll be waiting til Sept 15th?

One of the troll box people set up a poll

Are you withdrawing now or waiting until september 15th? VOTE: https://vote.pollcode.com/62684153
Activity: 613
Merit: 305
September 03, 2017, 06:45:56 AM
From here https://btc-e.nz/refund i read that you can get the 55% of your money immediately without verification, BUT you have to refuse to take the 45%.

It would not be that bad , but what should we do for getting also the 45% ?
I did not find an explanation for this on the official site.

I have "just" 1.43 ETH in total after all, but it's just for curiosity
Activity: 7
September 03, 2017, 06:32:21 AM
By your logic, you'll then want to anonymize your coins after withdrawing.  There are some pretty advanced systems out there to link wallets to real identities.  So if you truly believe there is a risk receiving funds from BTC-e, then you have work to do separating yourself from them.  Personally, I don't think individuals are going to be targeted by any 3 letter organizations.  If you can show your deposit to the exchange, then you can prove you are just withdrawing your own money. 

I take it you'll be waiting til Sept 15th?
Activity: 139
Owner@ CryptoFundingTracker.com
September 03, 2017, 05:52:43 AM
If anyone wants to weigh in on the risk of waiting until Sept 15 for NON US citizens, that'd be good.

in my mind, the primary distinction is not between US and non-US. if you're a brit or aussie, do you really want to risk sending your documents (and DNA sample, etc. given their past verification procedures) to the new exchange? they were indicted by the goddamn feds, who consider btc-e's funds to be the proceeds of money laundering. i'm not fucking with the FBI and neither should you, at least if you're from a western/non-CIS country.

if you're russian or from a former soviet republic, you don't have much to worry about. and maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion. but i'm probably gonna give up 5 figures value here to walk away from this without having any of that hanging over my head.

plus, maybe i can get access to funds sooner this way, and can hedge as i see fit. two weeks in this volatility is a lifetime longer to wait.

DNA sample? When was this, what kind of DNA??

regular verification was already harsh, not just passport/utility bill but notarized paper copies sent to some unknown person in Malaysia. but if you ever got locked out of your account (e.g. if you were inactive for one year or more) then they would institute very arbitrary means of verification. search around the forums a bit; there are many cases where people were unable to pass this verification (even after ID documents, email verification, etc.) or where they simply stopped responding. asking for transaction IDs from funding transactions from 4 years earlier, or signed messages from associated addresses, etc.

it's the ambiguity around verification that makes me think i shouldn't wait around to find out what the terms are. they say you can withdraw now "without verification" OR use the new site  which "will operate in the legal field of AML, KYC, the necessary licenses"......

Would are the implications of getting caught up with the FBI if you're outside their jurisdiction?

outside their jurisdiction, like where? russia? kazakhstan? china? then you have no concerns here. but US jurisdiction goes quite a lot further than its borders, as evidenced by the domain seizure (aussie company), the vinnik arrest (greece), the frozen funds (british company).

i'm not so worried about something like a criminal investigation. but there is a slight worry about civil asset forfeiture. any funds from them could be considered seizable by the US government (new brand or not). so just be careful about how you deal with the taint when cashing out to fiat in the future.

like i said, maybe i am blowing this out of proportion. maybe i am paranoid. but i never saw the feds indict a fucking BTC exchange before, and say in the press release its customers are all criminals. that's some shit i'd like not to be involved with.

You will be able to do SOME THINGS without verification, the question is exactly what...

we can trade. they are being deliberately opaque about the terms for withdrawals without verification. i take that as a major risk factor here. i'm not one of those people with 0.05BTC in my account. it makes a huge difference what kind of limits they will place on withdrawals.

the stuff i mentioned above is because i am pretty confident their servers will be seized again by the feds in the future. unless they really are setting up in the donetsk. Grin but i'm actually more worried about my identity getting stolen. we don't know the terms of verification, and if it's as bad or worse than previously, i'd much rather get 55% now and walk away from it. having that hanging over my head.....no thanks. Undecided

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
September 03, 2017, 04:45:40 AM
I will wait and verify. Happy that I'm not from that 3rd world idiocracy called Murrica.
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.
September 03, 2017, 04:35:16 AM
so is the window for 55% still open? if yes until when?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
September 03, 2017, 04:32:18 AM
This is kinda funny.

Give up 45% of the account to walk away now without I'D

For those that wait they will get the 45% of those who didn't wait....
 Debt paid off without tokens and everyone should be happy.

Long live btc-e 😂🤣😅
Activity: 56
September 03, 2017, 04:18:49 AM
Hi people!

In my account has few money, becouse this account was for learn. I see refound but i accept this condition, i'm recive  0.03 btc/0.06
I'm want to recive 0.06 btc since I need them.

what do i do i wait? Will the verification be as complicated as you are saying?i wait?

Thank you so much.
Activity: 196
Merit: 15
September 03, 2017, 03:35:08 AM
Before btc-e crash I had 12000 ppc in my account and now checked it and 12000 ppc is in my account. No ppc-e all of it ppc. After 15 sep 45% will be converted to token or what?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
September 03, 2017, 03:10:39 AM
If anyone wants to weigh in on the risk of waiting until Sept 15 for NON US citizens, that'd be good.

in my mind, the primary distinction is not between US and non-US. if you're a brit or aussie, do you really want to risk sending your documents (and DNA sample, etc. given their past verification procedures) to the new exchange? they were indicted by the goddamn feds, who consider btc-e's funds to be the proceeds of money laundering. i'm not fucking with the FBI and neither should you, at least if you're from a western/non-CIS country.

if you're russian or from a former soviet republic, you don't have much to worry about. and maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion. but i'm probably gonna give up 5 figures value here to walk away from this without having any of that hanging over my head.

plus, maybe i can get access to funds sooner this way, and can hedge as i see fit. two weeks in this volatility is a lifetime longer to wait.

DNA sample? When was this, what kind of DNA??

regular verification was already harsh, not just passport/utility bill but notarized paper copies sent to some unknown person in Malaysia. but if you ever got locked out of your account (e.g. if you were inactive for one year or more) then they would institute very arbitrary means of verification. search around the forums a bit; there are many cases where people were unable to pass this verification (even after ID documents, email verification, etc.) or where they simply stopped responding. asking for transaction IDs from funding transactions from 4 years earlier, or signed messages from associated addresses, etc.

it's the ambiguity around verification that makes me think i shouldn't wait around to find out what the terms are. they say you can withdraw now "without verification" OR use the new site  which "will operate in the legal field of AML, KYC, the necessary licenses"......

Would are the implications of getting caught up with the FBI if you're outside their jurisdiction?

outside their jurisdiction, like where? russia? kazakhstan? china? then you have no concerns here. but US jurisdiction goes quite a lot further than its borders, as evidenced by the domain seizure (aussie company), the vinnik arrest (greece), the frozen funds (british company).

i'm not so worried about something like a criminal investigation. but there is a slight worry about civil asset forfeiture. any funds from them could be considered seizable by the US government (new brand or not). so just be careful about how you deal with the taint when cashing out to fiat in the future.

like i said, maybe i am blowing this out of proportion. maybe i am paranoid. but i never saw the feds indict a fucking BTC exchange before, and say in the press release its customers are all criminals. that's some shit i'd like not to be involved with.

You will be able to do SOME THINGS without verification, the question is exactly what...

we can trade. they are being deliberately opaque about the terms for withdrawals without verification. i take that as a major risk factor here. i'm not one of those people with 0.05BTC in my account. it makes a huge difference what kind of limits they will place on withdrawals.

the stuff i mentioned above is because i am pretty confident their servers will be seized again by the feds in the future. unless they really are setting up in the donetsk. Grin but i'm actually more worried about my identity getting stolen. we don't know the terms of verification, and if it's as bad or worse than previously, i'd much rather get 55% now and walk away from it. having that hanging over my head.....no thanks. Undecided
Activity: 216
September 03, 2017, 02:53:42 AM
Pages:
Jump to: