Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 23. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
September 01, 2017, 09:07:08 PM
I'm an Australian, currently living in Japan. I've had no issues connecting to btc-e.nz, receiving emails and checking my balance. All is going smoothly seeing as I'm outside the US obviously.

I have 7000USD in fiat and 550LTC.

Could I get some opinions on the choice between cashing out tomorrow and waiting til Sept 15th? I'm guessing the latter is mostly a risky move for US citizens but could anyone else weigh in given my holdings situation, and the risk of anything else going wrong between now and that date?

This is obviously not a small sum of money so I need to calculate the risk very carefully.

Thanks.

Any chance of a 2 cents?

I'm in almost the same situation, but am a US customer.   I would be a lot less worried not being in the US.   I was verified before and wouldn't have a problem verifying again, but we won't have that luxury.   If I were in your situation and didn't NEED the coins right away, I'd stick it out.  The 55% is better than nothing but I think I'd kick myself for not staying for the other 45%.  Btce has always came through, hopefully this will be no different
Activity: 7
September 01, 2017, 08:58:56 PM
I'm an Australian, currently living in Japan. I've had no issues connecting to btc-e.nz, receiving emails and checking my balance. All is going smoothly seeing as I'm outside the US obviously.

Could I get some opinions on the choice between cashing out tomorrow and waiting til Sept 15th? I'm guessing the latter is mostly a risky move for US citizens but could anyone else weigh in given my holdings situation, and the risk of anything else going wrong between now and that date?

This is obviously not a small sum of money so I need to calculate the risk very carefully.

Thanks.

Any chance of a 2 cents?
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
September 01, 2017, 08:53:06 PM
Thought they said that they'd credit deposits up until August? Made one on 25th July (day of bust) and it's not showing on my balance.
Activity: 26
September 01, 2017, 08:48:47 PM
If geolocation bans we're worst case, I'd be fine with that and try to continue to use the service.  But I'm afraid there will be more than that with the new exchange.  The fact it says you can trade without being verified gives a little hope though.

That's the problem, though. We would have to operate on hope. Personally, I'd prefer to continue using the service (after withdrawing most assets) and waiting on token redemption while trading the tokens.

I was happy to see that bit about no verification to trade also, but they are dangling this vague threat of KYC while already banning US residents. I think if they give us the option, we need to cut and run. It almost feels like this is the *wink wink nod nod* to US peoples to GTFO without verification while you can.

That is the BIG issue. The whole new investment firm AML/KYC thing and actually banning US residents IP. I couldn't login until I use a VPN. Who knows if they really will step it up. But yes I also agree and get the feeling that this is BTC_E way of (WINK WINK GTFO and take out whatever you can). I really loved using the exchange and happily continue dealing business with BTC-E return but looks like it is time to move onto another.
September 01, 2017, 08:47:29 PM
Well I don't want to withdrawal and lose 45%, but I also don't want to NOT be able to withdrawal anything on the new exchange.   Tempted to stay because I had already pretty much written off the coins as a loss, but being in US is higher risk
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 01, 2017, 08:39:19 PM
Hopefully tomorrow update will have some better info that might sway the decision.  I was in ltc,  losing 45% is definitely going to hurt, especially with ltc prices going up the way they have the past few days.  I guess one way to look at it is the monetary value is about the same as when exchange was taken down.

What more info do you need?  it's pretty simple, if you want to withdraw now, you can only have it in crypto, and there is a 45% withdrawal fee.

September 01, 2017, 08:37:27 PM
What if you only withdrew 25-40% tomorrow and left the remainder, would it be converted to the new exchange?  Or is an all or nothing 55%?  Anyone seen more details in the Russian threads?
September 01, 2017, 08:29:40 PM
Hopefully tomorrow update will have some better info that might sway the decision.  I was in ltc,  losing 45% is definitely going to hurt, especially with ltc prices going up the way they have the past few days.  I guess one way to look at it is the monetary value is about the same as when exchange was taken down.
Activity: 267
Merit: 255
September 01, 2017, 08:19:03 PM
If geolocation bans we're worst case, I'd be fine with that and try to continue to use the service.  But I'm afraid there will be more than that with the new exchange.  The fact it says you can trade without being verified gives a little hope though.

That's the problem, though. We would have to operate on hope. Personally, I'd prefer to continue using the service (after withdrawing most assets) and waiting on token redemption while trading the tokens.

I was happy to see that bit about no verification to trade also, but they are dangling this vague threat of KYC while already banning US residents. I think if they give us the option, we need to cut and run. It almost feels like this is the *wink wink nod nod* to US peoples to GTFO without verification while you can.
September 01, 2017, 08:11:03 PM
Activity: 26
September 01, 2017, 08:03:41 PM
FeelsBadMan for those who are US Citizen and other countries that are IP banned. Either we take the %55 and lose %45 tomorrow (no verification required I think) or take the chance on the fully relaunch to get the %45 tokens but chances are that maybe the requirement for verification can affect the withdrawal and end up losing everything.

Hopefully BTC-E can give more detail about it later.

Yes I heard there will be different tiers for accountants. Unverified can trade and take out certain amount daily. Only issue will be if they decided to step up there game on banning Geo location IPs 
Activity: 7
September 01, 2017, 07:50:40 PM

Thanks.
September 01, 2017, 07:46:08 PM
I'd continue to be a loyal customer, as i have been since 2012, but they aren't really giving US residents the option.
Activity: 251
Merit: 257
September 01, 2017, 06:42:19 PM
I read it if you withdraw the 55%, you accept the 45% as tokens (not you lose it).

Depends on when you withdraw.

Tomorrow, on September 2, 2017, it will be possible to withdraw 55% of the funds from the account in koins on the condition that our debt obligations are abandoned to the remaining 45% of funds in the form of tokens.
So if you cash out 55% tomorrow, BTC-e are not obliged to give you tokens for the remaining 45%, so you take a 45% hit.
Look at it as the "withdrawal fee from hell" for those that are impatient.

BTC-e is probably smart to do it this way. It is expected that there will be an exodus. The users that would immediately leave upon relaunch would crash all the markets trying to get BTC out otherwise. Now they can separate exiting users (including most US users), and give them less back. And they will give their "loyal" customers more back, showing goodwill and encouraging them to stay on the new platform. This should bring some stability to their markets upon relaunch.
erk
September 01, 2017, 06:28:42 PM
I read it if you withdraw the 55%, you accept the 45% as tokens (not you lose it).

Depends on when you withdraw.

Tomorrow, on September 2, 2017, it will be possible to withdraw 55% of the funds from the account in koins on the condition that our debt obligations are abandoned to the remaining 45% of funds in the form of tokens.
So if you cash out 55% tomorrow, BTC-e are not obliged to give you tokens for the remaining 45%, so you take a 45% hit.
Look at it as the "withdrawal fee from hell" for those that are impatient.

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
September 01, 2017, 06:21:51 PM
erk
September 01, 2017, 06:00:39 PM
The update also said trading would be possible without verification. Unless I read it wrong?  So you could trade but not withdrawal unless you are verified on the new platform?

Yes, this is still very confusing. I really hope this is all clarified by tomorrow. They said you can trade without verification. They also said originally that there are 2 verification tiers (one totally unverified, and one verified with ID/passport). The latter point made me believe that US residents (at least those with small accounts) could withdraw unverified.

But their wording of the last update around AML/KYC makes me scared that we (US residents) shouldn't wait around to find out.

These are the hoops you have to go through when trade in countries where the governments are full of ex banksters.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
September 01, 2017, 05:53:03 PM
The update also said trading would be possible without verification. Unless I read it wrong?  So you could trade but not withdrawal unless you are verified on the new platform?

Yes, this is still very confusing. I really hope this is all clarified by tomorrow. They said you can trade without verification. They also said originally that there are 2 verification tiers (one totally unverified, and one verified with ID/passport). The latter point made me believe that US residents (at least those with small accounts) could withdraw unverified.

But their wording of the last update around AML/KYC makes me scared that we (US residents) shouldn't wait around to find out.
September 01, 2017, 05:33:57 PM
The update also said trading would be possible without verification. Unless I read it wrong?  So you could trade but not withdrawal unless you are verified on the new platform?
September 01, 2017, 05:27:37 PM
Losing 45% sucks, but so does waiting for new exchange and possibly losing 100% if there is not an unverified withdrawal option of any sort for US customers.    What a dilemma
Pages:
Jump to: