Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 25. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
September 01, 2017, 09:27:39 AM
If anything, trading means switching between fiat and crypto multiple times a day. For me at least. If you are actually holding and keeping 'your' crypto on an exchange, that is the actually retardation right there.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
September 01, 2017, 09:22:19 AM
Some of them may had hold their BTC from 2540 to 4800 but sure most of them wouldn't.

LOL please.
There has been NO major correction since BTC-e size.
Neither panic-selling.
It has been a continuous uptrend.
Therefore... most of the users would have hold indeed.

You cannot seriously think that most of the users would have liquidate 45% of their assets a month ago.
Especially in the biggest uptrend in BTC history.

Nonetheless, 55% plus token is better than nothing.
And it is also ok to socialize the losses.
I would have prefer a different token system though.
Like the original proposal, 1 BTC converted at today rates in USDtoken.
Because now, our 45% is basically frozen and we are missing the uptrend.

This gentleman has the correct opinion

In future fiat holders should be kept in a secure quarintine area for risky assets. Similar to rabies containment. Also they should have a marker next to their name in the trollbox so people know they are dealing with fiat holders
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
September 01, 2017, 07:54:29 AM
Some of them may had hold their BTC from 2540 to 4800 but sure most of them wouldn't.

LOL please.
There has been NO major correction since BTC-e size.
Neither panic-selling.
It has been a continuous uptrend.
Therefore... most of the users would have hold indeed.

You cannot seriously think that most of the users would have liquidate 45% of their assets a month ago.
Especially in the biggest uptrend in BTC history.

Nonetheless, 55% plus token is better than nothing.
And it is also ok to socialize the losses.
I would have prefer a different token system though.
Like the original proposal, 1 BTC converted at today rates in USDtoken.
Because now, our 45% is basically frozen and we are missing the uptrend.

Activity: 19
September 01, 2017, 07:31:11 AM
any news?
Activity: 9
September 01, 2017, 07:21:21 AM
For those that complaint that BTC holders are bailling out Fiat holders:

BTC holder had 1 BTC@2546USD at downtime -> now 0.55BTC@4800= 2640USD AND 0.45BTCET@XXXBTC. They have no loses but great profit instead!

Fiat holder had 1000USD. Now 550USD converted to BTC/LTC/ETH at who nows which rate (downtime date rate will be great but sure its not happening) and 450USDET.

Conclusion BTC holders are not bailling out a shit because they are going to have big profits. Some of them may had hold their BTC from 2540 to 4800 but sure most of them wouldn't.

We fiat holders will have probably a 45% losses while BTC and ETH will have profits. No bailling out here.
Activity: 60
September 01, 2017, 06:32:32 AM
New FAQ has been released by btc e admin

Question – Answer

Cases of phishing emails have been more frequent recently.
We would like to officially acknowledge our users that we never send any verification letters by email, please do not open files and do not follow links in those letters.

When will be the opening of trading?
If we do not encounter any bureaucratic issues, trading will be launched next week on a new platform.

How will my funds and profile be transferred to the new platform?
It will be done automatically; no additional actions from your side are required.

Will there be new passwords/2fa or all the security data will stay the same?
Everything will be transferred to a new platform.

Was my coin deposit credited to the account after 25.07?
All deposits up to the 1st of August included will be credited later (1-2 of September), it will be done automatically, no additional actions from your side are required. We will not be able to credit the deposits made after the 1st of August, as they are being controlled by the US.

My account was verified, will this verification be relevant?
The company that fulfilled the verification has abrogated a treaty unilaterally, that is why you will have to go through the verification again on a new platform.

I do not receive any emails?
Check the spam box, most likely our emails were filtered there.

When will you start paying out available funds?
This process can start in the next few days; we will let you know 1 day prior the launch.

The pool is asking for the private key to transfer ETH funds.
We can send you your private key if you create a ticket.

Will MT4 and PAMM be available in future?
Metatrader 4 White label and PAMM platforms were provided to us by Fxopen company. But after the charges were made by the US to our service they abrogated a treaty unilaterally.

Will there be access to trade without going through verification?
Yes there will be.

Will it be possible to verify several accounts that I had on the platform at once?
Yes it will be possible.

Are old coin deposit addresses still working?
Old addresses do not work now and all the coins sent to those addresses will not be deposited. New addresses will be generated for you on our new platform.

Will there be Bitcoin Betting on a new platform?
Yes, after we receive all necessary licenses.

You should submit a ticket if you encounter the following difficulties; Ticket system will be available from the next week.
Balance is displayed incorrectly
Funds from MT4 and PAMM were not deposited
The password is incorrect, you need to reset the 2fa, turn off white IPs list.
You did not receive funds that you requested for the withdrawal to the payment systems.
Your account has been blocked.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
September 01, 2017, 06:19:20 AM
Just checked, my old login and 2-factor authentication worked. I also had all my funds (LTC and USD) visible on my user. Will they later remove 45% of the funds and replace it with random crapcoins, or what's the deal now?

My balance is restored in full, to how it was just before they went down. I think in the next couple of days BTC-E will take the time to incorporate their debt tokens, and from there indeed remove 45% of your initial funds, and replace them with these debt tokens. After that it's up to you to do whatever you want with these tokens. I personally will not mind taking a hit of 10% in case I end up selling these tokens below their supposed issue value. I just want to get everything of value off that exchange as soon as possible. Added benefit is that they at least are fair enough to hand us over our BCC's as well. In my case it's 5BCC, which at their current market value equals 0.625BTC.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
September 01, 2017, 05:23:49 AM
So If I have 1k fiat and 1k NMC for example, I will get 550USD and 550 NMC. And probably 450 USDET and 450 NMCET. USDET and NMCET = Future payment obligation.

Or at least thats how I think they will do it, seeing that every currency has it's own separate token market.

exactly, thats the way it is. not all is lost Smiley
Activity: 24
September 01, 2017, 05:15:56 AM
Hey guys,

So what is the deal with the PAMM accounts. I had very little on BTC-E. Most of my funds were tied up in PAMM. Obviously gone for the moment.

Any infos?

Cheers

WW

Activity: 107
September 01, 2017, 04:55:03 AM
So If I have 1k fiat and 1k NMC for example, I will get 550USD and 550 NMC. And probably 450 USDET and 450 NMCET. USDET and NMCET = Future payment obligation.

Or at least thats how I think they will do it, seeing that every currency has it's own separate token market.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
September 01, 2017, 04:22:48 AM
Will they later remove 45% of the funds and replace it with random crapcoins

yes - replace the 45 percent with tokens
Activity: 86
September 01, 2017, 03:35:19 AM
Just checked, my old login and 2-factor authentication worked. I also had all my funds (LTC and USD) visible on my user. Will they later remove 45% of the funds and replace it with random crapcoins, or what's the deal now?
Activity: 216
September 01, 2017, 03:24:03 AM
Hi Mayax, please give us an update with your opinion of current situation, we all greatly respect your opinion.

Grin
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
September 01, 2017, 02:58:10 AM
Mighty iron testicles confirmed

Official Scores just it: Russia 1:0 America

I have told you all BTC-e would return. I hereby request tribute

BTC-E reborn.
This episode proved to me that the Russians are terrible people.
Stalingrad was not an exception.
That's what the Russians are.

Because the name of Victory is Russia.
Eternal glory for their!
Activity: 854
September 01, 2017, 02:44:17 AM
After couple simple test with incorrect password didnt get thorugh which mean the site HAVE OUR PASSWORD, so they do have our data, login or not is nothing different.

Just dont provide new data just to withdraw the fund, this might be a flag if they really do request it.
I don't disagree with most of what you are saying but it needs to be pointed out, again, that user logins are a comparison of the result of a salted(?) and hashed password against the salt+hash stored in the DB. They are NOT decrypting your stored password to compare with what you typed. In theory this means if a rather sophisticated operation was going on (meaning BTCe had their twitter etc compromised) a bad actor could still have a functional login and NOT actually know your password (but log it when the hashes match). I am not suggesting this is what's happening and tbh I think the .nz site is most likely legit but let's not spread misinformation about how user authentication works.

I dont know the complex things about login and password operated.
I do know that i can see all my things there as it was.

If the critical data store in different kind of database, how they have that.
I dont have any penny there  Tongue so if you have doubt about the site, dont touch it, as i have nothing to lose just to share my thought.
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
September 01, 2017, 01:40:25 AM
After couple simple test with incorrect password didnt get thorugh which mean the site HAVE OUR PASSWORD, so they do have our data, login or not is nothing different.

Just dont provide new data just to withdraw the fund, this might be a flag if they really do request it.
I don't disagree with most of what you are saying but it needs to be pointed out, again, that user logins are a comparison of the result of a salted(?) and hashed password against the salt+hash stored in the DB. They are NOT decrypting your stored password to compare with what you typed. In theory this means if a rather sophisticated operation was going on (meaning BTCe had their twitter etc compromised) a bad actor could still have a functional login and NOT actually know your password (but log it when the hashes match). I am not suggesting this is what's happening and tbh I think the .nz site is most likely legit but let's not spread misinformation about how user authentication works.
Activity: 854
August 31, 2017, 11:20:40 PM
Nobody is worried that this is just a complete snapshot of the 'old' BTC-E with the chatbox and the database before it went down and nothing else (considering the trading backend/withdrawal system is not active).
What if it's just exactly as I mentioned in the first sentence and everyone logging in is actually giving their complete login info to people that want to have full access to your BTC in those accounts?

Activity: 196
Merit: 104
August 31, 2017, 11:00:30 PM
To be totally honest (and be the devil's advocate)
I have been surprise from the very beginning that the FED did not seize BTCe twitter account...
I mean twitter is in US, the feds could simply ask for the password and having it delivered in a couple of minutes.

Therefore, two options:
-everything is in FEDs hands.
-BTCE is back.
Honestly I don't even care if the feds own the site now if I can get my NMC withdrawn. I was only concerned about someone tricky trying to harvest logins. I've never once attempted to take cash back so don't even have concerns over taxes. All I got to lose at this point is the coins themselves (and they're already in limbo) hence the caution with logging into a site that isn't quite functional yet.
Activity: 241
August 31, 2017, 10:26:05 PM
really hate their approach to give announcement in russian like they don't give a shit about rest of the world
https://twitter.com/btcecom/status/902932502481846273

I think their English is terrible like me.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 13
August 31, 2017, 10:11:23 PM

To be totally honest (and be the devil's advocate)
I have been surprise from the very beginning that the FED did not seize BTCe twitter account...
I mean twitter is in US, the feds could simply ask for the password and having it delivered in a couple of minutes.

I think they only seized stuff that would be useful for their investigation. No transactions were done on twitter so would be of little use to them.
Pages:
Jump to: