Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner . - page 14. (Read 21885 times)

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Here's the court docs - this started back in January 2017 - https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndca/press-release/file/984661/download

Note: There are 2-7 people in total involved, but all but Vinnik are redacted. 
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
PM me for posting ANN.
They recently tweeted that they will be down for another 5 to 10 days
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
No one will get their money back from BTC-E.

We  will find those guilty who stole your funds from MtGox   and we will bust all your funds at BTCE in a name of Justice!!!
 Cheesy
Thank you America ,bye bye money.  

I think this is somehow connected to present russian-american sanction war.

Bitcoin is a great opportunity for business to bypass all political shit.

And they decided to interupt this ability too.

It is not connected to MtGox or money laundry.
Its pure bullshit with vector drawings in Adobe which shows no evidence.

I think Greece will not extradict Vinnik.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
This is ridiculous. The Americans have detained a Russian citizen in Greece, for running a Bitcoin operation from Bulgaria. Now they want him deported to the United States. WTF? Why the Americans can't mind their own business.

This.

Are they the World Police or what? It should be the Japanese police, through interpol, if stolen Gox funds are laundered.

I guess it is the same reason they want Europe to stop North Stream pipeline. Economic warfare to get rid of competition, and have US exchanges control the market  Angry
Fuck yee-haw! Go America!!
Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
"Greek police arrested a Russian man suspected of running a money laundering operation involving turning $4 billion from illicit business activities into the digital currency bitcoin."

Wow, what a big operation! I am sure he was able to swindled a lot of people of their money and laundered it to make it look legit. Now, the arms of the law has already caught him and he has no more escape.

This should be serving a big warning to all scammers and hackers. Alas, scammers/hackers are beyond being warned as the smell of money is so strong for them.

My goodness! $4 billion is really huge amount! Wow! Its a history in world of crypto( i guess). I wonder where he store those funds. Does he even sleep well at night knowing that he scammed many people? I think the victims can chase him now and punch him right in the face. Luckily i don't store any penny from that exchange. I feel sorry to those victims of this asshole. Hope this will be a lesson to those who want to scam or trying to scam. You can run but you can't hide.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 950
fly or die
No, they are trying to kill cryptocurrencies that are threatening US power gained thanks to controlling the dollar.
I dont think so, crypto space is relatively small, they dont need to destroy it, just to buy it. But the first measure in order to buy it all is to make all actors accountable, the efforts are going that direction, just my 2 cents Smiley

Keeping it small and killing it is the same thing in my book.

If I want safer investments with government control I will buy stocks or bonds.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Don't you guys know...it's not safe to keep money online.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
It definitely starts to look like that. I mainly used BTC-E as arbitrage exchange, but haven't been as active there in the same manner as I used to be (lucky for me turns out).

If the exchange never comes backs again, I'll lose the $300 I had in fiat, but that by far doesn't come even close to what certain people have lost.

I fully acknowledge my mistake in this matter ~ I should have never left anything of value in an exchange that thrives on anonymity. I will stick to Bitstamp and Kraken from now on.
Activity: 160
Tortle Ninja
No, they are trying to kill cryptocurrencies that are threatening US power gained thanks to controlling the dollar.
I dont think so, crypto space is relatively small, they dont need to destroy it, just to buy it. But the first measure in order to buy it all is to make all actors accountable, the efforts are going that direction, just my 2 cents Smiley
Activity: 215
Merit: 101

Pity, I have about 200 NMC there collected from years of merge mining. Should have converted them to BTC and withdrawn when I had the chance.

Who bothers to run their own NMC wallets anyway?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
I have my account at Btc-e but never traded using that platform. Even though they most of the times had lowest rates of bitcoin on their exchange, I couldn't buy anything from their site as they had restrictions for the outsiders and going with another option of using VISA was a costlier option for me. However, I don't think it will affect the price of bitcoin massively because the current focus of the market is on 1 Aug event.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
A few days ago, BTC-e announced that it had been under maintenance for more than 24 hours, raising concerns among Bitcoin users that the platform was hacked. But it seems that now, another explanation for the disappearance of this trading floor is causing the community to lose their sleep. BTC-e owners were arrested and charged with money laundering. I read this news and felt that it was quite unexpected because BTC-e.com appears to be one of the largest electronic money trading platforms. Fortunately I did not send money to it
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
fly or die
Activity: 160
Tortle Ninja
This is part of a continious operation to clean al the crypto scene.if  I had BTC on that exchange I wont count on recover it without explaining where that BTC came. They are trying to push all the exchanges to be registered and to KYC with all they customers.
Activity: 129
I have no money in BTC-E, but found this post on reddit.

submitted 8 hours ago by jetrbc

No its NOT. DO NOT PANIC Question is why they wouldn't run at this time? 1-They earning very good money everyday, more than 1M USD per day (Avarage) 2- Company worth Millions of dollar based on their income. 3- Most of people took their money out of any exchanges already. being ready for 1 August. 4- 26/07/2017 was a very quiet market day. They could do it on 21/07/2017 with 10 times more coins and volume or even a day after. 5- They've never got hacked as they are secure ( Hacked Once for a little money outside exchange ) and learned lots of lesson from other Exchanges (Or they might be hackers by themselves ) and much more.

So its quiet clear that they have never had EXIT and RUN strategy, No one hacked them and stole money from them aswell. So Why they are offline now ? Its very Simple story .... Alexander Vinnik Was the CEO or one of the co-admins of BTC-E. He has been arrested just before website down on 25/07/2017. BTC-E just Panicked about this and turned it off immediately. We all know that maintenance for EXCHANGE website not gonna take 10 days. They just temporary disabled the website as they don't know what to do now. they are also trying to buy some times to see what will gonna happen to their CEO.

A good News is : CEO of the BTC-E is under control of FBI, he can not run with peoples money. BTC-E now deciding a best way to face this problem ... They are Smart and They will not gonna make things worse than this and I'm pretty sure that they will reopen the website very soon, They have lost their CEO or ADMIN , but they will not going to lost BTC-E Company which one of the biggest BTC market worth millions of dollar. They are one of the oldest and biggest market. So GUYS do not PANIC, every thing gonna be fine. Share and TWEET This and let others know. I have also Joined Telegram Group btcecom_eng , you guys can join I would really be happy to read your comment about this.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I read the news site that the owner of BTC-E Alexander Vinnik was arrested for money laundering. While I have saved some of my altcoin there over an enormous amount. I hope there is a policy from the BTC E to return all our money still stuck there. Or do you all think it will be forfeited?
Activity: 462
Merit: 255
This is ridiculous. The Americans have detained a Russian citizen in Greece, for running a Bitcoin operation from Bulgaria. Now they want him deported to the United States. WTF? Why the Americans can't mind their own business.

This is for the good cause of the world. Such criminal acts are not to be encourage. I am also one of the affected victim as i still have some coins in the exchange but justice still need to be served and it is right that we capture the culprit. I would see this as an international effort to work together successful. It is so extremely hard to make this raid a success.

How interesting!!!! Great idea!!!
If I find bitcoins that were stolen from someone. Made or purchasing of drugs.
I can come to your house and all you take away?

Wow!!! As well!!!
fly or die
You can lookup Poloniex right here (and whoever else, assuming they have MSB's).. https://www.fincen.gov/msb-registrant-search

Poloniex says:

MSB Registration Number: 31000091844018
Registration Type: Corrected Report, Re-registration
Legal Name: Poloniex, Inc.
DBA Name:
Street Address: 1013 Centre Rd, Suite 403-B
City: Wilmington
State: DELAWARE
Zip: 19801
MSB Activities:
 Money transmitter, Other
States of MSB Activities:
 Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia,
 Federated States Of Micronesia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas,
 Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Marshall Islands, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri,
 Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma,
 Oregon, Palau, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah,
 Vermont, Virgin Islands, US, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

All States & Territories & Foreign Flag: Foreign
Number of Branches:
Authorized Signature Date: 08/29/2016
Received Date: 08/30/2016

Poloniex doesn't deal in fiat so that probably helps their case.
Pages:
Jump to: