Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner . - page 15. (Read 21885 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
See the media reports. Vinnik is accused of laundering $4 billion in cash through BTC-e. That amount is the entire trade volume of BTC-e. So the American authorities think that every single user (including me) of BTC-e engages in money laundering. We must act against this.

Even though it may seem so, I still haven't found any sort of article explicitly stating that it is in fact BTC-E that has been used for said accusations. I am however glad that the server(s) haven't (at least, it seems so) been compromised by the authorities. In terms of people's funds, if the authorities seized everything related to BTC-E, people will have a very hard time seeing even a penny back. Investigation alone could take years due to the size of this 'scandal', and another thing, if people will be offered an opportunity to withdraw their funds, they will likely have to fully verify themselves in order to get back what is theirs. That way the authorities can precisely see who and what sort of people are involved in using this exchange.

Edit; it seems that after reading the latest articles BTC-E does indeed get mentioned.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
im just curious how and if you had why would you launder 4 billion dollars?
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
See the media reports. Vinnik is accused of laundering $4 billion in cash through BTC-e. That amount is the entire trade volume of BTC-e. So the American authorities think that every single user (including me) of BTC-e engages in money laundering. We must act against this.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Reminds me of what happened with the Liberty Reserve. That one was also run by the Russians, and the FBI closed it down. The American authorities are removing any competition for the banksters by taking down ventures such as Liberty Reserve and BTC-e.
On some cases, i do agree with you.
yes it is competition, taking down some of financial virtual money authorizes will removing their competitor.
News published Alexander Vinnik has been related about allege laundered "$4 billion in cash...through a bitcoin platform since 2011." "Vinnik, according to reports, was detained for money laundering, conspiracy and transacting in cash obtained through illegal means. US authorities are reportedly seeking to extradite him based on a warrant drafted earlier this year in California"
https://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-connected-bitcoin-money-laundering-arrest-greece
its been 6 years, why need waiting take so long and its happened coming august.
congratulations US, at future, you will take all btc people money to your wallet  Cheesy
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Erm /....

Greece .. How appropriate Cheesy

What happened with "Goldman Sachs legal action from Greece over the complex financial deals in 2001 that many blame for its subsequent debt crisis."  Huh

The investment bank made millions by helping to hide the true extent of the debt, and in the process almost doubled it.">*How Goldman Sachs Profited From the Greek Debt Crisis
The investment bank made millions by helping to hide the true extent of the debt, and in the process almost doubled it.

Last time I checked Goldman Sachs was alive and kicking Cheesy

Well played Greece well played ....NOT !!!

Alexander Vinnik may the force be with you .... :-)
This is ridiculous. The Americans have detained a Russian citizen in Greece, for running a Bitcoin operation from Bulgaria. Now they want him deported to the United States. WTF? Why the Americans can't mind their own business.

This is for the good cause of the world. Such criminal acts are not to be encourage. I am also one of the affected victim as i still have some coins in the exchange but justice still need to be served and it is right that we capture the culprit. I would see this as an international effort to work together successful. It is so extremely hard to make this raid a success.

Are you high on weed? Is setting up a Bitcoin exchange a criminal activity? Most probably Alexander Vinnik had no idea that the stolen Mt Gox coins were being traded through his site. This is another pathetic attempt by the Americans to remove competition to the bankers.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
This is ridiculous. The Americans have detained a Russian citizen in Greece, for running a Bitcoin operation from Bulgaria. Now they want him deported to the United States. WTF? Why the Americans can't mind their own business.

This is for the good cause of the world. Such criminal acts are not to be encourage. I am also one of the affected victim as i still have some coins in the exchange but justice still need to be served and it is right that we capture the culprit. I would see this as an international effort to work together successful. It is so extremely hard to make this raid a success.
Reminds me of what happened with the Liberty Reserve. That one was also run by the Russians, and the FBI closed it down. The American authorities are removing any competition for the banksters by taking down ventures such as Liberty Reserve and BTC-e.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

This.

Are they the World Police or what? It should be the Japanese police, through interpol, if stolen Gox funds are laundered.

I guess it is the same reason they want Europe to stop North Stream pipeline. Economic warfare to get rid of competition, and have US exchanges control the market  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1006
beware of your keys.
fam maybe BTC-e going down is expected, suppose that you have put any fund in it, you have been scammed by those exchange. that's why shouldn't have put your fund into those exchange. btw i was not in aware in the BTC-e so i don't get them all by guarantee.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
dont understand why so much pressure on these dnm and what not. like already the us dolla is used more than anything for things ppl "shouldnt" have. then in the end the legit users of btce and other places have to worry about the cash gone. sadly they are now saying 5-10 days.... i really hope it comes back....
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Did fbi become crazy these days? They closed alphabay and hansa, not only these one, btc-e also. (probably this as op says but still can't understand, is arrested man owner lf btc-e or bitmixet or both together? Very, very strange facts at the same time).
Directbet, bitmixer, alphabay, btc-e (problems) what the hell is happening? Why are leaders leaving their places? seems bad

Anonymity / pseudonymity are bad words in the dictionary of governments. There seems to be targeted action against companies whose backers are not known. I am not sure if it is good for the Bitcoin economy.
Activity: 5
i think this is all bullshit , the guy is bilionaire he can fake this news all over the net there is some picture of two junkies holding a russian guy , and btc-e still tweeting , if this peice of shit he is captured by us gov then the website  it might be a shit like this one http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/15/article-0-0BA5DC8700000578-651_468x338.jpg , btc-e is just a ponzi long term , last tweet 6h ago :
We are still continue to perform our unscheduled ongoing maintenance.  Will keep you updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.

whene you see maintenance it means a ponzi scam , Wink take a look at their tweeter account : https://twitter.com/btcecom (wich it might be seized aswell by gov) they started to pack and run away from 12 jul by providing more traps see :

BTC-E‏ @btcecom  12 juil.
We are happy to annouce that we have added a service of coin exchange to cash with a delivery to 20 new countries for your convenience

BTC-E‏ @btcecom  20 juil.
LTC withdrawals are temporary halted due to high load on the network

Due to possible risks, from 25.07.2017 to 15.08.2017 we increase the number of confirmations required for Bitcoin deposit from 3 to 6
Unplanned maintenance in data center, possible problems with access to btc-e
Due to technical work in the btc-e data center, #btce may be temporarily unavailable

Our engineers are still looking into the issue in data center. We hope to get back online soon. Will continue to keep you updated
note if the site is down by gov , every user might receive his funds , gov never steal users how the hell the users know that the owner was cybercrime artist , so tomorrow paypal's owner will be caught and all users lost their funds ...
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
Did fbi become crazy these days? They closed alphabay and hansa, not only these one, btc-e also. (probably this as op says but still can't understand, is arrested man owner lf btc-e or bitmixet or both together? Very, very strange facts at the same time).
Directbet, bitmixer, alphabay, btc-e (problems) what the hell is happening? Why are leaders leaving their places? seems bad

Personally I've been expecting the G-men to clean house for years now. Idk about Directbet, but I definitely think the DNM/Bitmixer/BTC-E closures are definitely tied together. As well as SEC now looking into ICO's, this was something I've been waiting for since they declared Bitcoin as taxable property.

The only one that hasn't truly been confirmed yet is Bitmixer, and there's reason to believe Dream market is compromised too. I'd imagine things will come to light about these places soon as well.

I think they did all their investigations over the last 3 years and made sure their arrests all coincided in order to have the maximum effect on the network as a whole. They are simply cleaning house.

I like to think of it as a good thing, it might temporarily drop the price of bitcoin, but long term it means that bitcoin is becoming more mainstream due to the bad actors being weeded out. This leaves only the exchanges/businesses that are regulated and do things on the right side of the law, something that we all should appreciate.

Activity: 18

Exactly!!
WTF is going?? They need first to solve problems inside their country.
Fuck Yankees.

Alphabay,Hansa now BTCE .

Why they decide for everyone???

Because btc-e had many American users
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Exactly!!
WTF is going?? They need first to solve problems inside their country.
Fuck Yankees.

Alphabay,Hansa now BTCE .

Why they decide for everyone???

Activity: 2352
Merit: 905
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
omg, i didn't expect to be this far. I have never believed anyone who says anything about a good exchange and this exchange was one from some good Bitcoin exchanges which have very high amount of trading money rolling in them. people sometimes even forget that they have money in this exchange and after a year when they visit this exchange the money was still there. I literally being inspired by this exchange and now it is gone.
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
So what will happen to btc balances on siite? It looks like all funds are gone.. Huh

It's a bit ironic. Gox got goxxed due to btc-e - Now, it's like a reverse goxx'ing....  Huh Scary/sad stuff. Let's see if this guy actually makes it out of the prison - Pretty sure the russian mobsters who "own" this guy won't let him spill much if anything... Time will tell I guess... Not sure how people who do this kind of thing sleep at night, but then again when you are insanely rich you probably feel a bit ahead of the pack.

Gox hacked by btc-e admins sounds almost as trustworthy as Americans landing on the moon:)
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
this doesn't say anything specifically about BTC-E. It does say they laundered billions of dollars over the years, but that is probably more likely to be Virwox. That shit is shady as hell and makes no sense. u ever go to that one?

http://www.dailythess.gr/h-megali-klopi-bitcoins-dark-web-ke-chlidati-zoi-tou-rosou-pou-entopise-fbi-sti-chalkidiki/

IT'S ABOUT BTC-E, wake up ! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: