Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC in your country - page 25. (Read 44503 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 30, 2015, 08:13:32 PM
in my country(india) very few peoples know about bitcoin so its a big inaccebilty here because of so less use of it..but still i have a lot of advantages too i can buy some stuffy with bitcoin and i can suprise my friends and familys with it Cheesy they think it is cool but they don't know what it is
India has also the Bitcoin exchange such as BTCXIndia and Unocoin, BTCXIndia is the first Bitcoin exchange in India, last year there were Bitcoin Interaction and Hangout organized in Mumbai on 2nd August 2014 at Coffee Bean Tea Leaf Bandra. About 40-45 Bitcoiners attended the meeting and discussed and shared thoughts on various aspect of budding Bitcoin environment in India.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
June 30, 2015, 07:58:30 PM
I don't know many people around me who uses bitcoin as a currency to buy or invest on a daily bases. But a lot of people do know about bitcoin the technology, they're just not willing to invest in this. I think it's because bitcoin hasn't been well the recent year or so, and people lost interested as bitcoin declined and other cyrpto coins rise. But it will get better as it just hit the $260 mark.  Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 30, 2015, 07:51:46 PM
well Portugal as i had read received an atm on there already ,about the way it is there i dont know since i live in Brazil soo here still like i dont know what it is.Just some people know and use bitcoin but surely reaching more people daily
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 30, 2015, 02:44:40 PM
In my country it is a bit developed, but less, when i was abroad i had seen 0 articles or atms regarding btc but i did see one in my country surprisingly... i thought i'D see more in Eu.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
June 30, 2015, 12:11:25 PM
As far as i know, only rupiah is the legal currency. It means bitcoin & other currencies isn't allowed Sad

So, can't we use foreign currency then in there, like USD?

You can't use it to buy things or pay any food using USD in Indonesia, may be there have some but not many places do that. If there is acceptable market, they are just saving it for the future, like investment too, because from what I know fiat exchanger add too much in every change that you make and it will make you loss some of your fiat so it is better to sell something using USD or any other currencies to prevent this
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
June 29, 2015, 01:06:11 PM
yes, that right. but we may conclude that the legal medium of exchange in indonesia should be only rupiah and people are allowed to buy, sell and own bitcoin as long as it not used as a medium of payment.

So what will you do then after bitcoin is banned in Indonesia? I'm curious if bitcoin user in Indonesia never do transaction with bitcoin as the medium payment? In online shop maybe? If so, isn't it break the rule?

It already happened in China. A very few places were starting to take it as payment in 2013. All the government had to do was order merchants not to do it. Hey presto, end of actually useful BTC economy there.

I'm sure it could continue just fine between private individuals, but any time interacts with any area where authorities watch over it such as banks or businesses it's easy enough to turn out the lights.

I have heard about China and Russia, maybe people in Indonesia have other methods to do the transactions then. In China, there were some online shop didn't accept bitcoin since the government ban it, but bitcoin is growing rapidly there. I have no idea about bitcoin development in Indonesia and how many shop that accepting bitcoin there.

As far as i know, only rupiah is the legal currency. It means bitcoin & other currencies isn't allowed Sad
But, government don't care much about bitcoin so bitcoiner in Indonesia still can use bitcoin without any problem for now.

There are few shops which accept bitcoin in indonesia, but most of them are online shop.
Also, Bank Indonesia (Central bank of the Republic of Indonesia) said that they only found 2 shops which accept bitcoin few years ago
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
June 30, 2015, 02:35:54 AM

So, can't we use foreign currency then in there, like USD?

There are few shops which accept bitcoin in indonesia, but most of them are online shop.
Also, Bank Indonesia (Central bank of the Republic of Indonesia) said that they only found 2 shops which accept bitcoin few years ago

Yeah I think online shop is safer place to use bitcoin than in real world then. So, what the central bank did to shops, since bitcoin is being banned in the country? But I'm impressed the bank did search the shops that accept bitcoin, I guess it means bitcoin has influenced economy of Indonesia since few years ago.
Activity: 508
Jahaha
June 30, 2015, 01:57:38 AM
In Iran no one uses Bitcoin. We had a group which promoted the coin, but the public awareness is literally zero.

Lol.... if no one uses Bitcoin in Iran, then you wouldn't have joined this forum.  Grin

There is a Persian thread in the local section of this forum. Only a few users are active there, but I am really hopeful that in the near future, a full fledged Farsi subsection could be started.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/persian-620798

Yes, I always check that section and answer user's questions.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
June 29, 2015, 11:05:53 PM

Banks banned the bitcoin into indonesia, they were scared when people used bitcoin and they have no more customers. Thats why they banned bitcoin. And also they pride are so high, they don't need anything or they don't need help of bitcoin to grow their economy.
the good thing about bitcoin is that it is decentralized so they can always use bitcoin and invest in it no matter the government says. they only need access to cash to buy bitcoin and put it in their wallet without the need of any sort of banks.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
June 29, 2015, 10:38:51 PM
Bitcoin in Indonesia?
The lack of recognition of Bank Indonesia (BI) to use Bitcoin virtual money do not hinder the instigators continue to conduct transactions.
In the middle of public ignorance about bitcoin, the number of users actually recorded an increase.

Currently in indonesia bitcoins is not so populer yet.
but, one a positive note, indonesia central bank did not have details policies in place to govern bitcoin

it could explain why the awareness about bitcoin is rising, and why there are more people using it there, basically in non regualted place bitcoin is rising more because there is less oppression from the government

so the theory about the fact that people do not want to use bitcoin because of their government's restriction is true, they actually want to use it but are intimidated by their legislation
Yeah i also notice that, and i didn't get or i don't know what is their valid reason, or maybe they just only want to block bitcoin etc. And i don't have any idea about why they not accepted bitcoin although its purpose is only to easy the transaction and have only a low fee without tax.

Well not only Indonesia, but also there are several countries that banning bitcoin too. If you want the valid reason, maybe you can read it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country

Since there were many crimes involved bitcoin, it will be harder for us to develop it in our country.
Banks banned the bitcoin into indonesia, they were scared when people used bitcoin and they have no more customers. Thats why they banned bitcoin. And also they pride are so high, they don't need anything or they don't need help of bitcoin to grow their economy.
Activity: 560
June 29, 2015, 06:18:12 PM
i were say that the government if cant steal the money into some place they wont look into it as an option they will just follow it if some countries enter on those new world otherwise wont happen soo soon and yes were steal wrong typed  xD
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1007
June 29, 2015, 12:46:18 PM
yes, that right. but we may conclude that the legal medium of exchange in indonesia should be only rupiah and people are allowed to buy, sell and own bitcoin as long as it not used as a medium of payment.

So what will you do then after bitcoin is banned in Indonesia? I'm curious if bitcoin user in Indonesia never do transaction with bitcoin as the medium payment? In online shop maybe? If so, isn't it break the rule?

bitcoin can be traded as a commodity ( a digital commodity) same as gold. bitcoin is allowed to exist in indonesia.

legendary
June 29, 2015, 11:32:38 AM

It already happened in China. A very few places were starting to take it as payment in 2013. All the government had to do was order merchants not to do it. Hey presto, end of actually useful BTC economy there.

I'm sure it could continue just fine between private individuals, but any time interacts with any area where authorities watch over it such as banks or businesses it's easy enough to turn out the lights.

I have heard about China and Russia, maybe people in Indonesia have other methods to do the transactions then. In China, there were some online shop didn't accept bitcoin since the government ban it, but bitcoin is growing rapidly there. I have no idea about bitcoin development in Indonesia and how many shop that accepting bitcoin there.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
June 29, 2015, 10:44:48 AM

it could explain why the awareness about bitcoin is rising, and why there are more people using it there, basically in non regualted place bitcoin is rising more because there is less oppression from the government

so the theory about the fact that people do not want to use bitcoin because of their government's restriction is true, they actually want to use it but are intimidated by their legislation

then this is another reason why bitcoin is seen as investment only and not as a currency, if they keep it like that and do not let it grow, in some country it might remain forever as an investments only

i'm interesting in knowing if they could actually stop those that will use it directly, in exchange for goods, locally in india
And also they seen bitcoin as only a way to transact easily without interrupting or any paper to sign. Because some user of bitcoin, saw bitcoin as a wrong way, like they introduce it into a newbie on using bitcoin as only investment and easy transaction.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 29, 2015, 10:20:19 AM

then this is another reason why bitcoin is seen as investment only and not as a currency, if they keep it like that and do not let it grow, in some country it might remain forever as an investments only

i'm interesting in knowing if they could actually stop those that will use it directly, in exchange for goods, locally in india
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 29, 2015, 10:16:40 AM
In Iran no one uses Bitcoin. We had a group which promoted the coin, but the public awareness is literally zero.

Lol.... if no one uses Bitcoin in Iran, then you wouldn't have joined this forum.  Grin

There is a Persian thread in the local section of this forum. Only a few users are active there, but I am really hopeful that in the near future, a full fledged Farsi subsection could be started.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/persian-620798

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 29, 2015, 10:10:57 AM

legendary
June 29, 2015, 10:00:10 AM

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1007
June 28, 2015, 01:28:14 PM

copper member
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
June 28, 2015, 12:42:32 PM
I think in my country BTC is not much popular, very few people are using or doing business with BTC, I talked to many people and told them about btc and they didnt believe me that its a good currency to work with.
Pages:
Jump to: