Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 32. (Read 316457 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
No one should panic sell a decent security because of this.  The underlying company that you own part of is not the same as btc-tc, and Burnside is not going to steal from you.  The biggest chance to lose from this is if you panic sell at a stupidly low price.  Also, it's a good chance to pick up some good securities cheap.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000
ETA when the site goes back live?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
This should've been coordinated with the big asset issuers, would have prevented such panic selling. Really bad organisation ethan...

He doesn't care about 1000's of people losing shitloads of money.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
When will manual payouts will be done?
Activity: 448
I'll answer a bunch more of these questions tomorrow, but I think these are important to address quickly:

First.  The asset issuers have what they need to continue after the trade-freeze.  I am not selling my assets because I hold assets with issuers I felt like I could trust.  In other words, think about what you're doing before you do it.

Second.  If you're trying to withdraw and it's locked, please make sure you've plugged in your address on this page first:  https://btct.co/account?tab=tab2  We have everyone's funds, though I am going to have to pull some funds out of the offline wallet tomorrow I am almost certain.

Third.  ASICMINER-PT shareholders will be fine.  We have lots of options.

Cheers.

Go to hell
legendary
Activity: 1025
The site is wrecked, can't even access it. wtffff
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
I'll answer a bunch more of these questions tomorrow, but I think these are important to address quickly:

First.  The asset issuers have what they need to continue after the trade-freeze.  I am not selling my assets because I hold assets with issuers I felt like I could trust.  In other words, think about what you're doing before you do it.

Second.  If you're trying to withdraw and it's locked, please make sure you've plugged in your address on this page first:  https://btct.co/account?tab=tab2  We have everyone's funds, though I am going to have to pull some funds out of the offline wallet tomorrow I am almost certain.

Cheers.

great way to support the community that supported your website, which in turn supported the growing of your wallet.....

the massive dumps were probably you  Tongue
Activity: 493
Merit: 262
This should've been coordinated with the big asset issuers, would have prevented such panic selling. Really bad organisation ethan...
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
This might be of relevance in the light of recent news:

Colored coins client isn't ready yet, sadly. (At least the one I've been developing.)

The reason is lack of developers who are qualified enough to develop things like this on their own. (We do have a team of developers, but I have to micromanage them, and that's the bottleneck.)

So if you're a developer, and you're interested in decentralized p2p exchanges, and qualified enough, and can commit your time to the project, please PM me. We likely have some funding. (People pledged Bitcoins for the implementation, but I'm not 100% sure they will hold their promise.)

If we get right people I think we can make a usable client in two weeks or so.

We had a working prototype back in Jan 2013. It had some bugs, but was otherwise functional. We ditched it because at that point we thought it makes more sense to develop a new one from scratch.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
maybe the btct.co hacked by some1,it's just a joke.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer

Cheers.
Activity: 148
Site down? Perhaps just struggling with the hits on the pages/trade engine.
Activity: 476
Damn panic runners!
I have just deposited some BTC and was going to buy cheap shares from the panic sell when you brought the site down. This sucks worse than burnside's announcement!
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
burnside, what should we do?  Huh

Amazing how there are still people here who thinks that scumbag gives a shit what you do.
Activity: 245
Well, we've got until October at least. Gives the "Issuers" some time to organize their shares and shareholder's information. Shares will likely all be accounted for by the "Issuers" themselves if they don't close.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Now Bitfunder will crash, it's slow already and now it will be slower to the bottom. GO for picostocks (lol) Wink
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

What I have done: sold and getting bitcoin out. I don't want to be that bagholder. But I might be making a mistake.
Activity: 379
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
what the fucking fuck?
good timing with the neobee ipo  Angry

so now I have to take a huge loss selling it all in order to get my btc out or what?
are you kidding me?

You can hold but it's likely many of the companies will collapse from this and maybe its better to just sell at a loss instead of selling at 0.

I'm freaked out, so much money lost.
Activity: 160
Burnside, will you have any hand in enforcing buyback clauses on all the various securities out there? I trust some operators (such as Deprived/TAT) a great deal in fairly conducting buybacks stipulated by their contracts but I have a feeling other operators will need some persuading.

+1
Pages:
Jump to: