Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 33. (Read 316457 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
what the fucking fuck?
good timing with the neobee ipo  Angry

so now I have to take a huge loss selling it all in order to get my btc out or what?
are you kidding me?
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
I bet a lot of people would be happy to take over BTC-TC... This is amateur...

+1000

Sell it, and walk away.  Don't let it go to waste.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100

What's the reasoning behind not selling the site?

+1

There are countries where the site can still be operated, including my own; I really think this was not the best decision neither for the market participants nor for the website owner.

Hongkong
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I bet a lot of people would be happy to take over BTC-TC... This is amateur...
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
What will happen to your ASICMINER PT?
Activity: 79
Merit: 10

+1

There are countries where the site can still be operated, including my own; I really don't think this was the best decision for the market participants or for the website owner.
Activity: 420

Activity: 238
Burnside, will you have any hand in enforcing buyback clauses on all the various securities out there? I trust some operators (such as Deprived/TAT) a great deal in fairly conducting buybacks stipulated by their contracts but I have a feeling other operators will need some persuading.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
If you walk away from this with 10% of your original principle count yourself lucky.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
Link, please.

"You knew it all the time that it is illegal to operate an exchange like this."

As a result of recent changes in the virtual currency regulatory environment, the btct.co and litecoinglobal.com virtual stock market websites will be closing down.
What recent changes? You knew it all the time that it is illegal to operate an exchange like this.
Did you spend 50k for lawyers to learn that. Good job wasting money.
What will happen to the legal retainer?
Will you buyback shares?
Why don't you sell the site?

Knew or should have known, at the latest after GLBSE and gigaminer's debacle.
All these assets are securities and as such fall under SEC regulation in the US (and similar ones elsewhere)
Denominating them in bitcoin changes nothing, any contract thats tradable for value is a security. Regardless if that value is dollar, oil, corn or bitcoins.
Activity: 448
I was fucked because they released the information but did not close all the trades. Angry
Sou
Activity: 210
(Bitcoin related text here)
why did you let NEOBEE to IPVO?

Money.
Activity: 126
why did you let NEOBEE to IPVO?
Activity: 266
I think owners didnt know nothing, because even the well managed ipo's didnt talk about it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
How about that .00025 of my BTC you are holding onto? You gonna run off with that on everyones accounts?

If so I'm scam taggin' your accounts bud.
EDIT: You worry about that? I just tried to get my coins out of there and it says " Trading is currently frozen.". WITHDRAWALS ARE NOT JUST MANUAL NOW! THEY ARE FROZEN!!!

Activity: 252
Were all asset owners contacted well prior to this to make alternative arrangements?
Activity: 296
Link, please.

"You knew it all the time that it is illegal to operate an exchange like this."

As a result of recent changes in the virtual currency regulatory environment, the btct.co and litecoinglobal.com virtual stock market websites will be closing down.
What recent changes? You knew it all the time that it is illegal to operate an exchange like this.
Did you spend 50k for lawyers to learn that. Good job wasting money.
What will happen to the legal retainer?
Will you buyback shares?
Why don't you sell the site?
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
How about that .00025 of my BTC you are holding onto?

I think the 0.0025 fee reserve should be removed..  Although it is like 30 cents US.
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
There will be no smooth transition,

Smoother than GLBSE I bet.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Hmm... I'm an being slightly braver and hoping that the prices correct back to 'normal'.

I see the merits of 'panic selling' but at the same time.. we have a month until it all closes properly. I don't know, don't think there is a 'right' answer. For now I will hold for a little while longer and see if I can avoid losing 50%.

I'm going to be watching assets of issuers I deem trustworthy to resolve the aftermath properly. Pick up cheap shares of those.
Pages:
Jump to: