Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC.com | Bitcoin & Bitcoin Cash WALLET Mobile & Web | Secure & trusted. - page 8. (Read 33530 times)

legendary
Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021
From what i can see right now, there are at least 3 users affected by perhaps a bug in the btc.com site. Streamplus, mombay and bitasker. I understand that the blockchain fees are high right now but i don't think that's the reason for 3 people to have similar problems with the same wallet at once.

Asking for $400 is sort of ridiculous, imo. I don't think that any transaction apart from mass payments with tons of inputs and outputs which i assume you guys don't even offer on your site would require such high fees.

Please fix this up whoever's in charge. You're really putting your reputation on the line here.

Hi all, sorry for delay we're looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
From what i can see right now, there are at least 3 users affected by perhaps a bug in the btc.com site. Streamplus, mombay and bitasker. I understand that the blockchain fees are high right now but i don't think that's the reason for 3 people to have similar problems with the same wallet at once.

Asking for $400 is sort of ridiculous, imo. I don't think that any transaction apart from mass payments with tons of inputs and outputs which i assume you guys don't even offer on your site would require such high fees.

Please fix this up whoever's in charge. You're really putting your reputation on the line here.
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
Do you know how they do it? I assume that the their part of the keys are hosted in a server somewhere, perhaps it is generated through the seed instead?

But doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of having a multisignature wallet in the first place because of the fact that anyone with the recovery phrase could go and retrieve the amount of bitcoins without having to get the other part of the key from blocktrail?

Would be nice if neutralLTC can give a more comprehensive explanation...

The recovery document should be safe otherwise you will lose your coins obviously. I could be wrong so hopefully neutralLtc will confirm this but I believe the way It works is there is three keys. A primary key (the one you control), a backup key (never used unless you want to recover funds), and the BlockTrail key (this key alone is not enough to access your funds) used to co-sign transactions with your primary key. Then there is the BIP39 Mnemonic which have both your primary and backup key, and its used to recover your funds.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Ah, okay. Thanks for the reply, once again.

however since btc.com holds one of the keys if they decide to shut down their service for whatever reason and not provide the keys that would otherwise 'unlock' the bitcoin balance, what would users be able to do?

Would they still be able to use the opensource tool even if BTC.com does not provide its keys?

Sorry for the trouble, once again. I'm just looking for an alternative web wallet to use and btc.com looks interesting.

According to their FAQ: https://www.blocktrail.com/faq You should be able to restore your funds even If their services are not longer available and you don't necessarily need to use their recover page, you can use Bitcoin core for this process.

Do you know how they do it? I assume that the their part of the keys are hosted in a server somewhere, perhaps it is generated through the seed instead?

But doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of having a multisignature wallet in the first place because of the fact that anyone with the recovery phrase could go and retrieve the amount of bitcoins without having to get the other part of the key from blocktrail?

Would be nice if neutralLTC can give a more comprehensive explanation...
staff

however since btc.com holds one of the keys if they decide to shut down their service for whatever reason and not provide the keys that would otherwise 'unlock' the bitcoin balance, what would users be able to do?

Would they still be able to use the opensource tool even if BTC.com does not provide its keys?

Sorry for the trouble, once again. I'm just looking for an alternative web wallet to use and btc.com looks interesting.

According to their FAQ: https://www.blocktrail.com/faq You should be able to restore your funds even If their services are not longer available and you don't necessarily need to use their recover page, you can use Bitcoin core for this process.
Thanks. So if i start using the BTC.com wallet, i'll automatically be using the multisig wallet?

But who holds the individual keys to claim the btc? For example do i hold a key and btc.com hold a key, or do i just hold all my keys(which sort of defeats the purpose of multisignature wallets in the first place, doesn't it)?

Is there any way to recover my btc.com wallet without the btc.com website functioning? Or rather is there an offline way to do it, even when btc.com is down?

Sorry for so many questions. Plus are you involved with btc.com? Thought neutralLTC was the forum rep here.

The wallet is automatically multi signature yes. You are holding a key and BTC.com is holding another one, the recovery page is open source: https://github.com/blocktrail/wallet-recovery-tool You can always download it and run it locally If you wish to. Finally, no, I'm not affiliated with BTC.com, I just like the services they provide so If you have a bug to report etc. Its better to contact neutralLTC.

Activity: 299
Merit: 256
Please solve my issue with your service !

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blocktrail-btccom-problem-transactions-unconfirmed-and-hold-my-bitcoins-2120589

Your support never answer to questions !!!

Notice that i am merchant with you from a long time and each time i get issue with you !

You hold up to 300$ in my wallet and you ask me to pay 400$ fees to send them out !!!

3 Transactions not yet confirmed for up to one week ! And this because your system didn't calculated the right fees and minimal required for it !!!

I can't even extract my private keys in order to use them in another service or local application !

Please give me a solution !!!! I am following you from long time to solve it and not yet done until now, not even a notification to ask me to wait for one of your support or anything !

You are here to make ADS for your webwallet without giving a support for your members ...

Same problem here !

I have around 0.1 BTC but can't withdraw since blocktrail say that i must pay 0.2 BTC of fees !

Please fix your system problem !
staff
Thanks. So if i start using the BTC.com wallet, i'll automatically be using the multisig wallet?

But who holds the individual keys to claim the btc? For example do i hold a key and btc.com hold a key, or do i just hold all my keys(which sort of defeats the purpose of multisignature wallets in the first place, doesn't it)?

Is there any way to recover my btc.com wallet without the btc.com website functioning? Or rather is there an offline way to do it, even when btc.com is down?

Sorry for so many questions. Plus are you involved with btc.com? Thought neutralLTC was the forum rep here.

The wallet is automatically multi signature yes. You are holding a key and BTC.com is holding another one, the recovery page is open source: https://github.com/blocktrail/wallet-recovery-tool You can always download it and run it locally If you wish to. Finally, no, I'm not affiliated with BTC.com, I just like the services they provide so If you have a bug to report etc. Its better to contact neutralLTC.
I have a question: How do you export your wallet? I saw an option to import external wallets but saw none to export. Otherwise, how is it accurate advertising to call your wallet "Putting you in full control"?

Also you guys have advertised about the multisig wallets. I'm a bit confused as to whether this is activated by default on every wallet (so you guys hold a key, the user holds a key so that if any one of the two keys gets compromised the funds aren't lost), or is this optional?

Thanks for your time!

The multi signature wallets are made by default and you can't use something else. As long as your addresses start with 3 instead of 1, you are using multisig. The option to export is more called 'recovery' and you could use it using the PDF document they first gave you through: https://recovery.blocktrail.com/

Activity: 107
Merit: 0
Please solve my issue with your service !

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blocktrail-btccom-problem-transactions-unconfirmed-and-hold-my-bitcoins-2120589

Your support never answer to questions !!!

Notice that i am merchant with you from a long time and each time i get issue with you !

You hold up to 300$ in my wallet and you ask me to pay 400$ fees to send them out !!!

3 Transactions not yet confirmed for up to one week ! And this because your system didn't calculated the right fees and minimal required for it !!!

I can't even extract my private keys in order to use them in another service or local application !

Please give me a solution !!!! I am following you from long time to solve it and not yet done until now, not even a notification to ask me to wait for one of your support or anything !

You are here to make ADS for your webwallet without giving a support for your members ...
legendary
I switched to English and now I can see. Thx. But u have to correct your russian version. In Russian it says not "logout" but "reset wallet". Also, if u press the button it says "all your data will be deleted".

So the only way to get bitcoincash is to buy them on exchange and transfer to bitcoincash wallet?

Thanks a lot for that information we will be fixing it in the next release to say logout instead of reset wallet.

Correct, at the moment, you will have to get bitcoincash from an exchange then transfer to your btc.com bitcoin cash wallet.

Thankyou
Activity: 7
I switched to English and now I can see. Thx. But u have to correct your russian version. In Russian it says not "logout" but "reset wallet". Also, if u press the button it says "all your data will be deleted".

So the only way to get bitcoincash is to buy them on exchange and transfer to bitcoincash wallet?
legendary
2 quick questions:

1. Why there is no logout option when using IOS wallet? How to change bitcoin to bitcoincash wallet quickly?
2. How to transfer money from bitcoin wallet to bitcoincash wallet directly?

1. Settings -> BIG red button that says 'Logout' There is no option to change your bitcoins into bitcoincash (yet)
2. You cannot transfer bitcoin to a bitcoin cash wallet, they are two different coins.

We are working to make the app seamless, i.e. so you wont have to log out and log back in when using one or the other. Stay tuned
2 quick questions:

1. Why there is no logout option when using IOS wallet? How to change bitcoin to bitcoincash wallet quickly?
2. How to transfer money from bitcoin wallet to bitcoincash wallet directly?
staff
I have a question: How do you export your wallet? I saw an option to import external wallets but saw none to export. Otherwise, how is it accurate advertising to call your wallet "Putting you in full control"?

Also you guys have advertised about the multisig wallets. I'm a bit confused as to whether this is activated by default on every wallet (so you guys hold a key, the user holds a key so that if any one of the two keys gets compromised the funds aren't lost), or is this optional?

Thanks for your time!

The multi signature wallets are made by default and you can't use something else. As long as your addresses start with 3 instead of 1, you are using multisig. The option to export is more called 'recovery' and you could use it using the PDF document they first gave you through: https://recovery.blocktrail.com/

Thanks for your time!
Problems solved, finally reached their destination )
Hi, guys.

Will really appreciate if you can help me with one issue.

I've sent some bitcoin to IOS btc.com wallet, blockchair said money received but both my wallets show 0.

Also, left the message to your system - Thanks for reaching out to Bitmain-Ticket ID 129458
legendary
staff
Hello. I saw your tool for charging BitcoinCash. I have some questions. Is it safe? I enter the recovery phrase and you get access to my wallet at Blochkchain.info. Can I continue to use the wallet at Blockchain.info? Will I have a wallet with Bcash on BTC.com?

It is safe and you can continue to use your Blockchain.info but If you are afraid that they take your bitcoins as well, you can always move them to another wallet and yes BTC.com do have a BCC wallet but the recovery tool doesn't include that If it works the same as the one I used, they will simply ask you for an address where they want to send the funds to so you will have to make the wallet in your own If you want to store them there.
Pages:
Jump to: