Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 28. (Read 407326 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 15, 2013, 04:49:02 PM
The chances that labcoin is a "scam" is near zero IMO, but they're not being transparent and their last posts make some of their previous posts borderline lies. When you say "We're hashing at 2Th" and then later say you're having trouble tweaking miners and you hope things are way awesome in late October...well...this seems like management speak for "SELL! SELL!". At any rate their credibility is non-existent at this point so there's no reason to hold. They also said there'd be a doubling of hashpower to 4Th/s by tomorrow, but they've since ignored every question about what their current hashrate is. This after their projections went from 6 to 3-4 to 2 to unknown. No idea what's really going on because we're getting conflicting reports while we're being given reasons to doubt their every word.

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
September 15, 2013, 04:36:53 PM
Well it looks like Labcoin might be mining: http://blockchain.info/address/1NBDEAYH49tZvFMJ95oa4kYrqgecgnc16C

Someone posted this address in the main thread and that's about the output that 2TH/s should be doing. Not sure what the chances are that it is Labcoin though, because someone said its out of Chicago, and Labcoin isn't located there.

Hi guitarplinker. If labcoin or TheSwede75 didn't post the address or confirm that it's theirs then there's no reason to invest based upon the submitted address. Labcoin is playing games and stalling for a reason. Their credibility is shot, their website still has not been updated beyond 180nm chip talk. The last posts I read were from labcoin and he was talking about holding on for results until Halloween. There's no reason to invest until they regain some credibility.

Cheers.
That's all very true. Although that address did make the price go up a little bit, not very much though.

I guess I'm spreading the good news I can find around it to make myself a bit more positive that the 40 cents I invested in them isn't completely gone and it isn't 100% confirmed a scam yet/  Cry
September 15, 2013, 03:38:22 PM
Well it looks like Labcoin might be mining: http://blockchain.info/address/1NBDEAYH49tZvFMJ95oa4kYrqgecgnc16C

Someone posted this address in the main thread and that's about the output that 2TH/s should be doing. Not sure what the chances are that it is Labcoin though, because someone said its out of Chicago, and Labcoin isn't located there.

Hi guitarplinker. If labcoin or TheSwede75 didn't post the address or confirm that it's theirs then there's no reason to invest based upon the submitted address. Labcoin is playing games and stalling for a reason. Their credibility is shot, their website still has not been updated beyond 180nm chip talk. The last posts I read were from labcoin and he was talking about holding on for results until Halloween. There's no reason to invest until they regain some credibility.

Cheers.
September 15, 2013, 03:32:08 PM
Creativex, just in case you missed it, burnin's own bitfury design - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitburner-fury-hashrate-protection-294735

it looks like price is even better than bitfury original. Of course it depends on when bitfury will ship the chips

Thanks JimiQ84, I have kept up on burnin's progress and even sent proposals to him. He did not respond. CryptX is not the least bit trustworthy IMO, an opinion I've formulated based upon his dealings with his own shareholders. There are serious questions as to whether burnin will be able to produce this product in a timely fashion and now he's outsourced sales to a questionable vendor. We're better off dealing with bitfury US.

Cheers.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
September 15, 2013, 03:31:34 PM
What was the IPO price of BASIC? Considering any and all splits?

0.33 before the 1:10 split. It means 0.033 now.
legendary
September 15, 2013, 02:22:35 PM

Activity: 364
September 15, 2013, 12:59:17 PM
What was the IPO price of BASIC? Considering any and all splits?
Activity: 406
September 15, 2013, 12:52:40 PM
Creativex, just in case you missed it, burnin's own bitfury design - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitburner-fury-hashrate-protection-294735

it looks like price is even better than bitfury original. Of course it depends on when bitfury will ship the chips
September 14, 2013, 01:30:10 PM
Hi Angelsky. I liquidated our labcoin position @ .002514. Management appears to have gone from overly optimistic to outright deceitful. No reason to hold if you can't trust their reports. We have a loss of roughly 4BTC precisely 3.97125 on the position. I apologize to shareholders, to my mind the potential rewards outweighed the risks until it became clear that labcoin management was not acting in good faith.

Cheers.

Good decision. Thanks for your transparency. 0.002514 was not that bad after all  Grin
September 14, 2013, 11:01:43 AM
Hi Angelsky. I liquidated our labcoin position @ .002514. Management appears to have gone from overly optimistic to outright deceitful. No reason to hold if you can't trust their reports. We have a loss of roughly 4BTC precisely 3.97125 on the position. I apologize to shareholders, to my mind the potential rewards outweighed the risks until it became clear that labcoin management was not acting in good faith.

Cheers.
September 13, 2013, 11:38:47 PM
You sold your LC shares @ what price ?
September 13, 2013, 05:28:40 PM
Right, + bitfury for October, possibly avalon G2 for October, hashfast, cointerra, etc...

This has the potential to get ugly in Q4. Rather than risk capital on gear that could be rendered unprofitable within just a few months, we should instead focus our efforts on obtaining hardware that will be hashing long after G1 products are kicked off the blockchain. 25.5 sounds reasonable, but it's .307/Gh of G1 equipment. Bitfury for October delivery is .156/Gh right this second and has an efficiency that will see it hashing even after knc gear is unplugged.

Though the avalon for 25.5 would be hashing for us sooner than the same BTC applied to an additional bitfury order, it still doesn't make sense as our risk of never seeing a positive ROI is far higher with the avalon purchase. Just a few weeks ago this equation would've been completely different.

Cheers.
legendary
September 13, 2013, 04:54:17 PM
Well it's sitting at 25.5BTC right now and ends in 7 hours. Smiley

The Genesis Block says it won't ever break even though, it'll be at best $800 in the hole if you paid around $3700 for it. Not sure if their estimates are accurate for long term growth though, I think when KnC ships it'll be more than 100% increases per month.
September 13, 2013, 04:13:55 PM

Thanks guitarplinker, I'll keep an eye on it. That's about the necessary price range at this point. Unfortunately it's in CA, auction/escrow/shipping will take time and difficulty is set to go up a further 27% in 32hrs. I'm hesitant to deploy further funds in G1 hardware with current difficulty projections. In fact I think we should begin looking at a system in which we can liquidate our G1 equipment at a rate similar to our additions of G2 hardware. I've been mulling over the best way to achieve this and will put those thoughts into words in the form of a motion in the near future.

Cheers.
legendary
September 13, 2013, 02:53:30 PM
September 13, 2013, 12:40:41 PM
Me too, though I don't like shoveling snow. Other factors that would make our GPUs more profitable include:

1) A less bullish BTC/fiat exchange rate. This would lower our ASIC purchasing power and would be an overall negative for us.
2) Gox management finally showing some competence and getting LTC listed on their exchange. Let's not hold our breath shall we?

Cheers.
September 13, 2013, 12:25:58 PM
did we actually got any BTCs out of middlecoin? everytime I check spreadsheet, there's lots of zeros

Hi JimiQ84. BTC? No. Satoshi dust, yes. Middlecoin pays at unpredictable times of the day, so if I do not have a payment from them by the time I calculate 24hr earnings then I simply leave that field blank. Grand total received from middlecoin is: 0.22242836. Last payment received was 0.01002828 on 9/10(dispersed on 9/11). txid: d7793db2878c69ac0b33dda08b27e299c8ee3586a257230252b3a4ff4e075c24

Please realize that GPU mining is not very profitable and generates a ton of heat. This heat has to be removed as it heats up our ASIC hardware, lowering their output. This can quickly costs us much more than we make from the GPUs. For these reasons, the rig feeding the GPUs is often put to sleep. Colder weather and a less bullish BTC exchange rate could change this situation, but we're not likely to make a ton of BTC off our GPUs.

Cheers. 

Thanks for info. I realize the heat problem, so I hope you will soon experience some crazy winter time.  Wink
September 13, 2013, 12:10:48 PM
did we actually got any BTCs out of middlecoin? everytime I check spreadsheet, there's lots of zeros

Hi JimiQ84. BTC? No. Satoshi dust, yes. Middlecoin pays at unpredictable times of the day, so if I do not have a payment from them by the time I calculate 24hr earnings then I simply leave that field blank. Grand total received from middlecoin is: 0.22242836. Last payment received was 0.01002828 on 9/10(dispersed on 9/11). txid: d7793db2878c69ac0b33dda08b27e299c8ee3586a257230252b3a4ff4e075c24

Please realize that GPU mining is not very profitable and generates a ton of heat. This heat has to be removed as it heats up our ASIC hardware, lowering their output. This can quickly costs us much more than we make from the GPUs. For these reasons, the rig feeding the GPUs is often put to sleep. Colder weather and a less bullish BTC exchange rate could change this situation, but we're not likely to make a ton of BTC off our GPUs.

Cheers. 
September 13, 2013, 07:06:18 AM
September 12, 2013, 12:47:56 PM
Guess I'm getting predictable eh? Smiley Pre-orders with long lead times are horribly risky and they're finally starting to be met with closed wallets. CoinTerra has been fairly responsive to feedback which is a good sign. In response to criticism re:complete lack of specs they've recently posted this:

We have updated our FAQ and product details in the web shop with additional silicon details :-

Global Foundries 28nm HPP
FCBGA Package
1.4GHz clock frequency yielding a minimum of 500 GH/s
0.765V
State-of-the-art Liquid Cooling System

Meanwhile their price scale has fallen from $7.875/Gh to $6.9995/Gh for December to $2.9995/Gh for January which is actually getting close to reasonable. Now if they'd just come up with a decent bulk pricing arrangement. A 1.78% discount for committing to a 5x2Th gamble 3 months out is rather underwhelming. If they take *THIS* post to heart we may just have a winner:

A 1.78% discount for pre-ordering 5 expensive rigs is weak.

Edit: 10% off a January 5 pack with a solid delivery date might be worth considering given the enormous risks involved.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3137446

Pages:
Jump to: