Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 33. (Read 407326 times)

Activity: 634
Merit: 500
September 06, 2013, 06:08:01 PM
Thx! I'm gonna celebrate by forgetting about bitcoins, mining gear, fans, and exchange rates for a WHOLE day! Cheesy

It can't be done.

Happy Birthday.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 06, 2013, 06:06:31 PM
BTC261 are peanuts for AsicMiner!  Tongue Panic buy? Ha, I say buy more shares! Lower that average price paid. Ok maybe not, everyone wants to hoard our reinvestment funds. There's just something so exhilarating watching bitcoins accumulate while value compounds thanks to (for the most part) rising exchange rates.

Anyway I'm done poking the bear.

Nice pickup on the BitFury vaporware established and efficient next gen gear. Looks like you managed a better rate than most others.

In case I forget next week, Happy Birthday old man!  Grin Plan on celebrating with a few USB Eruptors? ahah!

Shhh... Trying not to alienate any more of my fellow shareholders over here. Wink

Yeah, real happy with the way our bf purchase looks. Dave is getting gear shipped ninja style!

Thx! I'm gonna celebrate by forgetting about bitcoins, mining gear, fans, and exchange rates for a WHOLE day! Cheesy
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
September 06, 2013, 05:53:55 PM
BTC261 are peanuts for AsicMiner!  Tongue Panic buy? Ha, I say buy more shares! Lower that average price paid. Ok maybe not, everyone wants to hoard our reinvestment funds. There's just something so exhilarating watching bitcoins accumulate while value compounds thanks to (for the most part) rising exchange rates.

Anyway I'm done poking the bear.

Nice pickup on the BitFury vaporware established and efficient next gen gear. Looks like you managed a better rate than most others.

In case I forget next week, Happy Birthday old man!  Grin Plan on celebrating with a few USB Eruptors? ahah!

I'll be 45 next week. I'm old enough to know I don't know half as much as I thought I knew when I was half as old as I am now.

I rather enjoyed this piece of wisdom, however I needed to repeat it about 3 times!
September 06, 2013, 02:20:57 PM
anyone noticed the Asicminer's mining wallet address received 191 bitcoins  and 70 bitcoins
see here: https://blockchain.info/zh-cn/tx/c6f0bbcd7b0b3b17beb0f11d366234734c1dab3ef04c7f83c96e14b613c8a303
and here: https://blockchain.info/zh-cn/tx/5375b5b7fbf2f45d27bf3b7d0ce2069116926798e384621494a5baa03609bf22

I guess the FC franchising business is already on the way.  Lips sealed

But, just personal guess, we need to wait offical message from FC.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3095710

I like FC. Smiley
September 05, 2013, 04:05:35 PM
It was plainly losing momentum, mostly I believe due to Mt Gox's inability to accomplish pretty much anything effectively...ever. BTC will be more stable when Gox rightly takes it's place amongst the dinosaurs and dodo birds of history. This space moves at warp speed. Adapt or die.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
September 05, 2013, 03:56:34 PM
Feeling pretty smug ATM about making that purchase at yesterday's exchange rate. Jist sayin'.

It's as if you knew it was going down!  That's one way to get a discount Wink

Take care
September 05, 2013, 11:34:01 AM
CreativeX does not panic buy. FC has said ASICMiner will deploy 1000Th/s in 2013. Also they have their own Gen 2 products in the pipeline. The market doesn't care ATM because Ken Slaughter says he'll have a 28nm chip of questionable worth hopefully maybe sometime in late November NDAtm.  
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
September 05, 2013, 10:53:10 AM
what's our current plan with the asicminer shares? it seems like creativex saw the rally last time and panic bought at 3. Hopefully it turns around, but barring major news I don't think we will see 3 for quite some time.
September 04, 2013, 09:01:32 PM
Feeling pretty smug ATM about making that purchase at yesterday's exchange rate. Jist sayin'.
September 04, 2013, 12:11:07 PM
This was just posted by Labcoin:

As we already stated, chip documentation isn't ready yet for public distribution.
We will start distribution to third parties when hashing power deployed will meet the goals we have set. This is our top priority right now.
We want to mention that we have received interview requests from several well know parties, CNN and Bloomberg being the most prominent  and late progress with our 65nm design lead us to believe we will deploy 200-300 TH within 2013.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3080599

...and this:

Deployment is proceeding according to plans and pictures of the devices will be revealed later. Hashing will start on the promised date.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3080644

There's still almost nothing but words to back up their claims, but if true this is a significant increase in hashes.
Activity: 406
September 04, 2013, 12:10:16 PM
I'll be 45 next week. I'm old enough to know I don't know half as much as I thought I knew when I was half as old as I am now.

Cheers.

Too bad you won't be able to celebrate with new hashing hardware  Wink or maybe you will  Roll Eyes
September 04, 2013, 12:07:43 PM

Cheers.
legendary
September 04, 2013, 11:37:41 AM
You're fine, this is a stressful time with a dreary outlook for mining profits in the near term. I've learned to use maths as a guide but to not rely on strictly numbers to make my purchasing decisions. Accepting as fact that each vendor will deliver on their claims has proven to be a mistake time and again...someone will likely miss their target in a major way. I believe we've placed an order with the most reliable vendor of gen 2 equipment available and the only one that's delivered anything to date.

Altering the 70/30 split would require a shareholder vote and I'm not yet convinced that doing so is necessary. We'll still have 665ish in our growth fund after this purchase and we'll continue to pile up more while waiting on our additional 800Gh/s. If we continue to see these quickening +30% retargets then we may have to make a change, but I'm hesitant to reduce our dividends unnecessarily.

Cheers. 

Thanks creative,

I trust your judgement.  I also like the way you run the business with transparency and an open mind.   I read in a Forbe's magazine article that listening to input from others can dramatically improve your decision making process.  I like that you never give negative feedback to other's input.

Take care
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
September 04, 2013, 08:25:46 AM

Altering the 70/30 split would require a shareholder vote and I'm not yet convinced that doing so is necessary. We'll still have 665ish in our growth fund after this purchase and we'll continue to pile up more while waiting on our additional 800Gh/s. If we continue to see these quickening +30% retargets then we may have to make a change, but I'm hesitant to reduce our dividends unnecessarily.

Cheers. 

I trust you to know if we need to add more than 30% to our fund but i am open to it...
Activity: 406
September 04, 2013, 01:42:25 AM
Exciting news, if new machines truly arrive in october, we should see double return from them (BTC wise).
Activity: 238
September 03, 2013, 11:08:46 PM
You're fine, this is a stressful time with a dreary outlook for mining profits in the near term. I've learned to use maths as a guide but to not rely on strictly numbers to make my purchasing decisions. Accepting as fact that each vendor will deliver on their claims has proven to be a mistake time and again...someone will likely miss their target in a major way. I believe we've placed an order with the most reliable vendor of gen 2 equipment available and the only one that's delivered anything to date.

Cheers.  

Only 17 blocks to 86 mill difficulty.  When I got my B2 Avalon the diff was less then a quarter of that  o_O
September 03, 2013, 09:54:15 PM

Cheers. 
legendary
September 03, 2013, 08:29:18 PM
I apologize to everyone for my last rant.  Obviously there is some psychology and other market factors at play and I am only looking at it from a mathematical perspective.  I believe that you have a good long-term strategy Creativex and it is also important to refresh the mining equipment as the previous generation becomes obsolete.  Even if we break even, we are keeping up with the increasing difficulty so there wont be a need to play catch-up when things settle out.

Perhaps we should increase the percentage of mining that goes back into equipment purchases until thing settle out.  Just throwing it out there.

Take care
Activity: 238
September 03, 2013, 08:19:35 PM
I think waiting is the right move for the most part, at the moment. The price of hashpower should crash to 'sustainable' levels by February/March at least.

Although ... it might be a good idea to contact BTCGarden and see if you can't get a hold of some of their 1.5Ph/s they're planning on producing in a couple months. For 800BTC they might cut a good pre-order deal. The other option might be cointerra raw chips, which I think are like $5.5/Gh. But you'd need to get a rather complex board assembled in order to use them.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
September 03, 2013, 08:06:57 PM
Seems like a great choice but why only 2 of them ?

What's wrong with you guys?!  AS it is, we might break even on this purchase IF it comes early in October.  Based on the current rate of increase in network hashing rate there is nothing out there for sale that will be profitable.  Bitfury seems to be the best choice but people have not grasped the fact that they are playing a losing game and all of these companies producing ASICs are still able to sell them.  There are unscrupulous people offloading their 5G BFL Jalapenos for over $1000 because there are uneducated consumers buying in on the hype.  I wish we would all step back and see the reality of the situation.  We are in a good position with BTC in the bank right now.  Letting the market settle out is an excellent plan.  NOOOooo you people would rather pressure Creativex to spend it all now on VAPOUR!  He might as well disburse the pot of BTC to the shares and let bASIC-mining die as to do that.  Creative has a good plan - let him execute it!!

Sorry, I had to vent.

Take care

I agree! Even though shares are going down, don't think hasty! Sure if we buy more hashing power it might cause the shares to go up but think of a few things:
1) creativex doesn't have the equipment in hand
2) Since he doesn't have it in hand, there are chances we may never break even with them, thus wasting the money in the pot

Buying more equipment won't be the solution when share prices go down, if they do again. Just watch and see. Wink

I'm fine that creativex hasn't bought any equipment for around 3 weeks, that isn't a very long time. He seems to buy smart, which is something most people here don't seem to understand/agree with but I think it'll pay off in the future. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: