Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 89. (Read 407332 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 26, 2013, 10:50:18 PM
Nah.. i just wanted to say all that, without caring if it has been discussed before..

Thanks again for your contribution. Does that mean you didn't notice that I linked to threads with posts written by people that have received batch 1 & 2 Avalon mining gear?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
May 26, 2013, 10:45:18 PM
Avalon has the same great opportunity that BFL has -- why ship out something to your customers if you can plug it in and double your ROI?  Sell it to them after the difficulty climbs up 2x.  Wouldn't you do the same?  This inevitable business strategy that comes from these mining companies causes dreamers like creativex to sit back waiting for someone to sell him a golden shovel.  Nobody will sell you a golden shovel, dude.  If someone had a supply of ASIC chips that were 4x cheaper than eruptor blades, they WOULDN'T let you have them!  It would be like giving away free money, you would be insane to think that you might be able to get some -- stop dreaming!

Thanks for another valuable post.

Please see this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-asic-users-thread-140539

...and this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-i-got-my-asic-thread-batch-2-146451

...and this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announcement-avalon-asic-batch-1-ships-137534

...and this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-i-got-my-asic-thread-batch-1-141154

Nah.. i just wanted to say all that, without caring if it has been discussed before..
May 26, 2013, 10:36:49 PM
Avalon has the same great opportunity that BFL has -- why ship out something to your customers if you can plug it in and double your ROI?  Sell it to them after the difficulty climbs up 2x.  Wouldn't you do the same?  This inevitable business strategy that comes from these mining companies causes dreamers like creativex to sit back waiting for someone to sell him a golden shovel.  Nobody will sell you a golden shovel, dude.  If someone had a supply of ASIC chips that were 4x cheaper than eruptor blades, they WOULDN'T let you have them!  It would be like giving away free money, you would be insane to think that you might be able to get some -- stop dreaming!

Thanks for another valuable post.

Please see this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-asic-users-thread-140539

...and this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-i-got-my-asic-thread-batch-2-146451

...and this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announcement-avalon-asic-batch-1-ships-137534

...and this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-i-got-my-asic-thread-batch-1-141154
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
May 26, 2013, 10:21:52 PM

So what do you suggest? Buy AM Blades? I voted for it, but many more voted against it and the motion will be refused.

The other motion, for purchasing an existing AVALON (batch 1 or 2) from secondary market, is much more likely to be accepted. I also voted for it, but who will sell it for less than say 200 BTC right now? That makes it about the same pricetag as 4 Blades (about 4*12.5 = 50 GH/s). But the Blades do ship immediately. Do all the people who vote NO to the Blades and YES to the Avalon realize this? I'm not sure.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
May 26, 2013, 10:16:03 PM
May 26, 2013, 07:16:11 PM
I will dare to sound a bit rude on this one, but here's my thought on buying BFL pre-orders:

While I believe that BFL *might* eventually (like in a year or so) ship either was they promised or not-that-much-what-they-promised-but-better-than-nothing, I have good reasons to think that they may fail completely and never deliver anything, and the primary reasons for this wouldn't be technical reasons.

The current business conduct of BFL and/or Josh is unacceptable. What would you expect from a business that has failed to deliver their pre-orders for almost one year? You would expect them to stop taking MORE, NEW pre-orders, wouldn't you?

Second, Josh seems to spend a considerable time fighting back libel and/or insulting those who insult him, like if he were a kid in school fighting back others "that have started it". This is not business behavior, but rather childish.

Possible outcomes could be someone going really crazy about the whole thing and shutting them down completely with legal lawsuits. This is a much more probable outcome in my opinion than what others seem to think on the forum. And as much as I would hate that, if things go to awry for them and it gets really personal, someone too angry could go beyond reason and physically attack him (even shoot him down). This is the main reason why I think they pretend their most expensive "Mini-Rig" to be soldout, they don't want to take the risk of holding too much money from the same man.

These are the reasons why I think buying BFL pre-orders from people tired of waiting is a bad investment.

I share your concerns about BFL.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
May 26, 2013, 05:54:54 PM
Some nice volume and price increase here.  I hope it keeps up!

Here's a chart (warning, dev server in alpha):

http://coinflow.co/chart/BASIC-MINING

Gorgeous chart, really nice work. Tip sent.

Edit: Going over the chart reminded me that I'd intended to change my contact email from att.net servers to broadstripe.net servers as att.net has been unreliable of late. I've asked burnside to make this change.

Shareholders, please contact me at [email protected] if you need to reach me or simply PM me here. I'm occasionally slow, particularly on weekends, but I'll get back to you.

OP updated to reflect this change.

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it!

I updated the email on my side here, too, though it should pull from the API automagically every once in a while as it updates the contract data.   The site's still in alpha, so I hope I can make it even more useful in the future.  Feedback like what I've read in this thread helps.
May 26, 2013, 04:51:46 PM

how do you handle buying bfl preorders? if you were to. I dont understand how the exchange would work

Not following, is it no longer possible to pay with Bitcoins?

not that, its about how do you keep people accountable in pre-order resales

like do they give you their BFL login/password and change the shipping address? I don't really see how escrow would be helpful for all legs of the exchange etc. this is more so curiousity because I see alot of other ppl doing it

Both BFL and Avalon have stated that they'll not change shipping addresses for pre-orders already placed there's no reliable mechanism in place to efficiently change shipping addresses. That being the case I believe it's a mistake to purchase someone else's pre-order. As a result of this I haven't spent a great deal of time hypothesizing on how best to do this, but I think it'd depend on the level of trust established with the original purchaser of the pre-ordered gear. Escrow-ed funds + two instances of shipping would likely be the safest method.
legendary
May 26, 2013, 04:51:01 PM
I will dare to sound a bit rude on this one, but here's my thought on buying BFL pre-orders:

While I believe that BFL *might* eventually (like in a year or so) ship either was they promised or not-that-much-what-they-promised-but-better-than-nothing, I have good reasons to think that they may fail completely and never deliver anything, and the primary reasons for this wouldn't be technical reasons.

The current business conduct of BFL and/or Josh is unacceptable. What would you expect from a business that has failed to deliver their pre-orders for almost one year? You would expect them to stop taking MORE, NEW pre-orders, wouldn't you?

Second, Josh seems to spend a considerable time fighting back libel and/or insulting those who insult him, like if he were a kid in school fighting back others "that have started it". This is not business behavior, but rather childish.

Possible outcomes could be someone going really crazy about the whole thing and shutting them down completely with legal lawsuits. This is a much more probable outcome in my opinion than what others seem to think on the forum. And as much as I would hate that, if things go to awry for them and it gets really personal, someone too angry could go beyond reason and physically attack him (even shoot him down). This is the main reason why I think they pretend their most expensive "Mini-Rig" to be soldout, they don't want to take the risk of holding too much money from the same man.

These are the reasons why I think buying BFL pre-orders from people tired of waiting is a bad investment.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
May 26, 2013, 04:38:42 PM

how do you handle buying bfl preorders? if you were to. I dont understand how the exchange would work

not that, its about how do you keep people accountable in pre-order resales

like do they give you their BFL login/password and change the shipping address? I don't really see how escrow would be helpful for all legs of the exchange etc. this is more so curiousity because I see alot of other ppl doing it
May 26, 2013, 04:20:24 PM

May 26, 2013, 04:10:07 PM
K, thanks. Americans please do not buy any virtual shares, it's bad...or may be at some point in the future.

Perfect.

For those that think this is inadequate there's always this mess:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75802.2360

I'm not interested in following that path.

If that's settled, I'd like to stay on topic please. That being mining hardware.

haha okay guess thats settled then, lol. I just wanted to ask how you were dealing with it, and was surprised to see that you were ignoring it, thats all.

May 26, 2013, 03:59:44 PM
K, thanks. Americans please do not buy any virtual shares, it's bad...or may be at some point in the future.

Perfect.

For those that think this is inadequate there's always this mess:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75802.2360

I'm not interested in following that path.

If that's settled, I'd like to stay on topic please. That being mining hardware.
May 26, 2013, 03:48:46 PM
just curious, what are your plans for when the SEC gets an emergency injunction and seizes all your assets. you are an american issuing securities

maybe you should look into a reverse merger and list on the pink sheets, you have enough funds for that

you can't confirm that the people buying are americans but you should at least pretend that this isn't offered to americans

Hi stslimited. I'm not so arrogant as to think I can slow the tireless march of Fascism. I expend my energies attempting to control the things within my sphere of influence. To the rest...

Stercus Accidit

+1 creativex well said. Regarding jurisdiction isn't btct registered in Belize?

this has nothing to do with bitcoin or the location of a stock exchange, lol, read the securities act of 1933, holy shit you guys need legal counsel

BASIC-MINING is publicly listed as having an address in the united states and is offering for sell of securities

creativex needs to AT LEAST rationalize some exemption under the act, or feign ignorance to the fact that americans are the primary shareholders while simultaneously saying this is not offered to americans

look, the SEC is only concerned about wording. they won't bother americans that figure out how to buy shares as long as you say you aren't offering it to americans, IANAL and all of their agency actions are very subjective
May 26, 2013, 03:31:59 PM
Ty...and yes it is.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
May 26, 2013, 02:54:02 PM
just curious, what are your plans for when the SEC gets an emergency injunction and seizes all your assets. you are an american issuing securities

maybe you should look into a reverse merger and list on the pink sheets, you have enough funds for that

you can't confirm that the people buying are americans but you should at least pretend that this isn't offered to americans

Hi stslimited. I'm not so arrogant as to think I can slow the tireless march of Fascism. I expend my energies attempting to control the things within my sphere of influence. To the rest...

Stercus Accidit

+1 creativex well said. Regarding jurisdiction isn't btct registered in Belize?
legendary
May 26, 2013, 02:45:22 PM

Stercus Accidit

Excellent answer. And no jurisdiction is immune to their government freaking out with Bitcoin. Sames goes to ASICMINER / friedcat and the Chinese authorities, and I'm pretty sure European governments are no better when it comes to freezing and seizing all assets of some people who are a threat to their supervision power (and money is the key to that power).

Bitcoiners must be ready to go through this, or sell off and cash out. And yes, Ghandi...
May 26, 2013, 02:38:22 PM

Stercus Accidit
May 26, 2013, 01:57:12 PM

May 26, 2013, 01:44:23 PM

Please god no...
"PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE END OF THE AUCTION. This payment can ONLY be made using Bank-Wire Transfer"
not to mention there are no items in his feedback score which even comes close to the value of this avalon.  This tells me he would be completely willing to sacrifice his perfect feedback score for this quick shady sale
at least we know he won't get scammed with AM blades.  Investing in a possible scam known as avalon carries far more risk, especially in a shady ebay sale that demands payment within 24 hours.   Roll Eyes

I'm opposed to buying someone else's pre-order. If a premium is to be paid it should be for hardware that's in hand. If it's at all possible, I'd prefer to drive or fly to their location to inspect and purchase said gear.

Cheers.
Pages:
Jump to: