Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 103. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
May 21, 2013, 11:20:29 AM
It sounds really thrilling. I mean the comments! Drama, comedy, adventure, action and lots of fun too!

Did some one already pointed that ASICs are FBI/NWO scheme? it's me? Oh so smart me, good me, lol.
Activity: 6
May 21, 2013, 10:56:13 AM
Is there any alternative ASIC rigs out there?
Activity: 6
May 21, 2013, 10:49:23 AM
I think I'll stick with FPGA mining for now; far safer than ASIC's!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
May 21, 2013, 10:07:20 AM
I gave in and ordered a jalapeno on April 30th through paypal, prob will never see it who knows. but what I do know is that 44 days after then order if it is not shipped I will open a dispute through paypal. Now regardless of what BFL states when you order. Paypal seller terms clearly state that a seller has 20 days from accepting preorder money to come forth with goods to be shipped. I do not understand how they are able to provide payment through paypal when paypal also clearly states in its eula that the sales of btc or btc related harware are prohibited.
SO they violate 2 of paypals regulations. So I feel I am covered if I choose to ask for a refund within 45 days of my purchase. Now I know what some will say, that I need patience that i will be far down in the queue ect ect, blah blah. I could care less. 45 days is all I am going to gamble, if I  get a refund in 45 days and in 60 they ship then so be loss is mine, but given their track record the odds are in my favor.

Man, of course it will not be shipped 45 days after order. Did you know that they have already a +10 months delay? You are at the very end of the queue, so do not expect your Jalapeño to be shipped before 2014 (and no, I'm not joking, these are facts based on past history and actual preorder backlog).
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
May 21, 2013, 10:02:25 AM
I gave in and ordered a jalapeno on April 30th through paypal, prob will never see it who knows. but what I do know is that 44 days after then order if it is not shipped I will open a dispute through paypal. Now regardless of what BFL states when you order. Paypal seller terms clearly state that a seller has 20 days from accepting preorder money to come forth with goods to be shipped. I do not understand how they are able to provide payment through paypal when paypal also clearly states in its eula that the sales of btc or btc related harware are prohibited.
SO they violate 2 of paypals regulations. So I feel I am covered if I choose to ask for a refund within 45 days of my purchase. Now I know what some will say, that I need patience that i will be far down in the queue ect ect, blah blah. I could care less. 45 days is all I am going to gamble, if I  get a refund in 45 days and in 60 they ship then so be loss is mine, but given their track record the odds are in my favor.
Activity: 7
May 21, 2013, 03:12:10 AM
BFL took our money to develope ASIC, then use the ASIC rigs to mine for itself.
Activity: 20
May 21, 2013, 02:32:54 AM
When I placed my order which was late Feb, they stated they were in the final stages for shipping; we are now past mid May. I cancelled my order through paypal early April as there were further delays and no guarantees made for delivery.

I cancelled an order for a 25Gh cube.  I still have a jalapeño order in, placed before the price increase.
People have waited longer than I did with larger orders in the queue.  I doff my hat to their patience.  I can risk a small amount on a hobby.  I wasn't willing to wait months or years for a major purchase.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
May 21, 2013, 02:26:10 AM
So it was you that approached Josh at a convention with your coworkers about helping him with the power consumption concerns? He declined the help right?

I've never met Josh before nor do I ever want the displeasure.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
May 21, 2013, 02:25:16 AM

Funny, it links to the pre-order tracking site, which is still a nearly-solid sea of red undelivered orders.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
May 21, 2013, 01:51:01 AM

So it was you that approached Josh at a convention with your coworkers about helping him with the power consumption concerns? He declined the help right?

He could have saved himself a great deal of pain if he only listened to experts.

I really do wish all the best for BFL and even though they don't mention the possibility of the company using pre-oreder money for Rnd (after all there is no proof) I did find it fair and balanced. It did point to a great deal of information about the history over the year. At the same time past criminal behavior was also omitted but I think that would be to slanderous for BFL and non productive. Lets just get the job done. Either way I'm backing off (for now)

Besides the fact that now everyone knows that I "can’t even form a cogent thought" Thanks Josh ASSHOLE lol

Edit: Thanks Dan good article. I guess you were real after all. My bad...

gives thumbs up*
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May 21, 2013, 01:27:09 AM
If a scam scams a scam, is it still a scam?
Activity: 4
May 21, 2013, 01:09:24 AM
I emailed them asking for a refund, because shortly after I ordered one of their units I lost two days of work due to a power outage and medical emergency and could no longer afford the gamble of waiting for their product. I explained this in my email requesting cancellation to them. They didn't answer me after a few days, so I disputed the charge with paypal. Minutes after filing my dispute I received a "Credit memo" in my email that looked sort of like my original invoice except a $6 fee was removed, bringing my refund to just slightly less than what I paid. I felt great, like I would have my money back and be okay financially. Except no money came in that day, nor over this last weekend weekend, or today. No person from Butterfly Labs ever contacted me since I began requesting a refund a week ago. I've just escalated my paypal claim for PayPal to review.

Philip
Activity: 14
May 21, 2013, 12:48:51 AM
they are damn n00bs ! dont trust BFL  Cool
Activity: 7
May 21, 2013, 12:40:17 AM
Yes and they are obviously being manipulated by the shadow jewish international banking cartel..sigh.
Activity: 5
May 20, 2013, 10:04:05 PM
Seems just as likely that they are just incompetent.
Activity: 10
May 20, 2013, 09:39:53 PM
Any company that is this dishonest with their customers deserves 0 dollars
Activity: 12
May 20, 2013, 09:32:46 PM
I ordered the 5Mh/s version back in March. I'm just going to gamble and hope it ships. If the company decides to steal from us, I'm sure the law will get involved and we'll have a class action lawsuit against them.

The "law" won't do much good if the company launders the money out of the U.S. prior to the suit/asset freeze.  You can sue and sue and sue, but you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip.  I would still be wary - did you pay with Paypal, and have the payment source into Paypal be a credit card (preferably American Express)?  That way, you still have the chargeback option if things go south.
Activity: 54
May 20, 2013, 09:04:32 PM
I ordered the 5Mh/s version back in March. I'm just going to gamble and hope it ships. If the company decides to steal from us, I'm sure the law will get involved and we'll have a class action lawsuit against them.
Jump to: