Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 13. (Read 415627 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
February 13, 2015, 04:05:57 AM
I also received this mail...do not fall into this trap
Activity: 586
Merit: 251
February 12, 2015, 12:43:26 PM
Maybe not out of the game just yet. Received an email today from BFL. Perhaps a last ditch attempt to make some $$$?

Pre-orders of Monarchs and Cloud Mining

All pre-order customers have been notified and nearly all have selected a shipping option (with offers to receive more hashing power than originally ordered) or refund. Check your dashboard if you’ve missed our emails or phone calls!

Now open for new, immediately shipping orders: 400-675 GH Monarchs

The Monarch

We are now open for new sales of immediately shipping 400-675 GH Monarchs, starting at $500 each. There are limited quantities available at reduced prices. They are available for new orders, but current refund requested pre-order customers may also request them in place of refunds or rebates. Please check the Product page to check availability as they come online.
Order Now
Thanks,
 ButterflyLabs
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
February 11, 2015, 02:09:28 AM
Ok, I've got the popcorn ready. When is the action going to start?

As per docket entry 251, the trial has been moved to start on November 16th, 2015, 9am, Courtroom 7D, in Kansas City (BCW) before District Judge Brian C. Wimes.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10315710

Ah, such a long wait! At least they're mostly out of the game for now.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
February 07, 2015, 02:59:21 PM

As per docket entry 251, the trial has been moved to start on November 16th, 2015, 9am, Courtroom 7D, in Kansas City (BCW) before District Judge Brian C. Wimes.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10315710
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
February 07, 2015, 09:34:41 AM
That's just a sidebar. What I'm mainly talking about is that he threatened Garr by refusing to deliver the equipment he paid for because Garr was complaining and talking shit about BFL. Garr was essentially beaten into submission because he had a large order for a group of people and couldn't afford to have his delivery canceled. Josh was using his order as leverage to control Garrs behavior by threatening to cancel or delay it. I'm pretty sure the court would agree that speaks to Josh's character.

There's another word for that.  It's called "extortion."  It's a RICO predicate, incidentally.

You mean this threat?

Duly noted Garr and I understand your concerns.  I will get your refund processed first thing tomorrow when I get into the office.

I did not request a refund.

I'm done here, your refund will be processed by COB tomorrow.

In order for me to keep my pre-orders Josh is making me do the following:

• Apologize Publicly for calling Josh and BFL liars
  • Admit "Werner" is a sock puppet account uner my control
  • Apologize for using "Werner" to troll him

Therefore, in the best interest of Cognitive, the people who have purchased pre-orders from me, and myself:

Dear Inaba and BFL:

Sorry for calling you liars. Werner is a sock puppet account under my control. Sorry for utilizing said account to "troll" you.

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

Also, I apologize to all who I may have put at risk by speculating that BFL may have been acting in a dishonest fashion. If I had known that the cancellation of orders placed by me would result of this I would not have acted in such a way, as that would be a direct violation of the fiduciary duty imposed on me by handling others' assets.

Well done blackmail, Josh. Well done.

#askftc

Blackmail... nasty. Just nasty.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
February 05, 2015, 10:58:49 PM

yeah i'm wondering this myself...I mean really....how long is this gonna drag on any ideas (court wise) i suppose i should go thru the thread
but things seem to be at a stall?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004
February 05, 2015, 09:39:36 AM
the moderator should lock it.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
February 02, 2015, 02:36:36 PM

Most of the "action" is being commented at: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bfl-fucked-us-over-again-nsfw-150803

oh i was missing it all along
Thank you

Don't waste your time. That thread is an abortion of complete crap. Last I checked it was a drug thread with pictures of Cheech and Chong. I don't think any reasonable on topic info has been posted there in 50 pages.
Activity: 462
February 02, 2015, 12:52:24 PM

Most of the "action" is being commented at: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bfl-fucked-us-over-again-nsfw-150803

oh i was missing it all along
Thank you
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192
I don't believe in denial.
November 27, 2014, 09:03:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
November 27, 2014, 04:33:41 AM
legendary
November 27, 2014, 12:08:41 AM
That's just a sidebar. What I'm mainly talking about is that he threatened Garr by refusing to deliver the equipment he paid for because Garr was complaining and talking shit about BFL. Garr was essentially beaten into submission because he had a large order for a group of people and couldn't afford to have his delivery canceled. Josh was using his order as leverage to control Garrs behavior by threatening to cancel or delay it. I'm pretty sure the court would agree that speaks to Josh's character.

There's another word for that.  It's called "extortion."  It's a RICO predicate, incidentally.

You mean this threat?

Duly noted Garr and I understand your concerns.  I will get your refund processed first thing tomorrow when I get into the office.

Therefore, in the best interest of Cognitive, the people who have purchased pre-orders from me, and myself:

Dear Inaba and BFL:

Sorry for calling you liars. Werner is a sock puppet account under my control. Sorry for utilizing said account to "troll" you.

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

Also, I apologize to all who I may have put at risk by speculating that BFL may have been acting in a dishonest fashion. If I had known that the cancellation of orders placed by me would result of this I would not have acted in such a way, as that would be a direct violation of the fiduciary duty imposed on me by handling others' assets.

#askftc

Oh good, you found it. Thanks! I looked and looked to no avail.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
November 27, 2014, 12:07:38 AM
Josh, better get used to this...open wide for the C.M. Sandwich
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 26, 2014, 11:21:01 PM
Josh is a cocksucker
Activity: 448
November 26, 2014, 06:50:34 PM
What I'm mainly talking about is that he threatened Garr by refusing to deliver the equipment he paid for because Garr was complaining and talking shit about BFL. Garr was essentially beaten into submission because he had a large order for a group of people and couldn't afford to have his delivery canceled. Josh was using his order as leverage to control Garrs behavior by threatening to cancel or delay it. I'm pretty sure the court would agree that speaks to Josh's character.

I remember that playing out here on the forums Sad It was shameful watching Josh humiliate and manipulate Garr over his order.

Now, it's "rich" watching Josh and crew play the victim card after being the victimizers for so long.

Karma is a real bitch.
I don't see why Garr wouldn't just temporarily withdraw his complaints about BFL until they delivered his order and once all the machines in his order were confirmed to be received and in working order he could resume expressing his opinions/the truth
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
November 26, 2014, 05:50:33 PM

You mean this threat?

Dear Inaba and BFL:

With regret,
                                                     Garr255

#askftc
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
November 25, 2014, 02:52:42 PM

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
November 25, 2014, 02:22:49 PM
What I'm mainly talking about is that he threatened Garr by refusing to deliver the equipment he paid for because Garr was complaining and talking shit about BFL. Garr was essentially beaten into submission because he had a large order for a group of people and couldn't afford to have his delivery canceled. Josh was using his order as leverage to control Garrs behavior by threatening to cancel or delay it. I'm pretty sure the court would agree that speaks to Josh's character.

I remember that playing out here on the forums Sad It was shameful watching Josh humiliate and manipulate Garr over his order.

Now, it's "rich" watching Josh and crew play the victim card after being the victimizers for so long.

Karma is a real bitch.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
November 25, 2014, 01:26:00 PM
You're the only one living in a world of denial. You can't bring any actual facts or evidence to the table, whereas I can.

Oh, you're here to provide facts? Here's a fact I'd love to know the answer to:

http://ia802308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.166.1.pdf

JOSH ZERLAN: Well, we do our burn-in testing for about 24 hours per unit, we do it on our local network to our local test-net in a box.

What date did you stop using test-net and started mining on live-net with the burn-in testing?
legendary
November 23, 2014, 03:26:18 PM
So posting a link to a reddit account somehow proves I have sock puppet accounts on bitcointalk how, exactly?

This it what I'm talking about.
If the FTC cared about BFL's sockpuppet accounts (which, to be fair, only may or may not exist until proven beyond reasonable doubt), they would subpoena the relevant records. They have been granted the authority to do so by the court.

Given that no such subpoena has been issued, we can only assume that the FTC believes its case is strong enough based on Inaba's and SLok's personal posts on this forum, without going into the minutiae of their potential sockpuppets. And judging by the evidence I've read - particularly BFL's claims regarding the Monarch being in the "final stages of development" in November 2013, contrasted with their statements in the confiscated internal Skype chat log - I'm inclined to believe the same.

Since this particular element of the accusations against BFL will likely not be proven untrue any time soon, it would be better to drop it and concentrate on Josh's specific lies that have been proven lies through sworn and/or impounded evidence. That will be enough to hang them.

Their case is more than strong enough. I'm not worried about that. It's doubtful they will use any new information at this point to pass judgement. The FTC is going to look pretty bad if they don't close down BFL and liquidate their assets to reimburse customers.

Josh is so stupid he can't see the future. When BFL is closed and everyone can't be repaid because attorneys have eaten up all the funds, a class action lawsuit can take everything he (and every other principal at BFL) owns away from them. Josh's life is on hold for years to come. That's the best punishment of all.
Pages:
Jump to: