Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 36. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
November 04, 2013, 07:58:24 PM
 I got my BFL stuff after a long delay. Hashing away at 30gh  Cool
the wait killed me. LOL  Cheesy
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
November 04, 2013, 07:50:31 PM
This is all about timing - BFL has taken care of it's customers. Most of us who purchased fpga gear and upgraded are doing exceptionally well... even with the increased difficulty...

I now own 6 sc singles - all upgrades. paid for with btc that the fpgas mined. My roi is met. it's still pure profit for me.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
WTF???
November 04, 2013, 02:52:31 PM
They have refused refund (paid via Bitcoin 7 months ago), so they should now be officially tagged scammers.
I was a newbie then and got fooled. No company should be allowed to operate like this.

Being new doesn't mean you shouldn't read and do your own due diligence.
Activity: 3
November 04, 2013, 02:48:56 PM
I received my miner a couple weeks ago and I ordered it in early March 2013. The wait was long, about 2-3 months longer than I thought, but they did deliver. And it does what they said it would do. I thought about immediately selling it on ebay, but I really like having a money making machine regardless of what the ROI is.
Activity: 322
November 04, 2013, 02:41:12 PM
Do you people realize that there is no hardware currently selling that can make you profit or break even? Even if you start mining with it today.

Simple math (takes difficulty increase into account): http://www.vnbitcoin.org/bitcoincalculator.php

All those mining hardware sellers are just scamming ignorant people.

Miner's are future speculative's, all this working out doesn't matter because no one can tell you how much BTC will be in a year/2 year/3 year. Miner's are in for the long haul and the one's that thought differently, Well there just greedy scum bags like josh and deserve what comes to them Wink
Activity: 10
November 03, 2013, 05:58:54 PM
Do you people realize that there is no hardware currently selling that can make you profit or break even? Even if you start mining with it today.

Simple math (takes difficulty increase into account): http://www.vnbitcoin.org/bitcoincalculator.php

All those mining hardware sellers are just scamming ignorant people.
Activity: 448
November 03, 2013, 04:41:10 PM

What I think is going to happen soon, if it's not happening already is that we are going to get big government mining bitcoins...

If I was the leader of a small industrialized nation, I would definitely being doing that right now.

It's like suddenly finding a gold mine in your backyard... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
November 03, 2013, 04:19:46 PM
They have refused refund (paid via Bitcoin 7 months ago), so they should now be officially tagged scammers.
I was a newbie then and got fooled. No company should be allowed to operate like this.

Activity: 5
November 03, 2013, 01:19:55 PM
It's as simple as selling pickaxes in a gold rush. The irony.
Activity: 533
November 03, 2013, 11:21:27 AM
Yup, there is always someone taking chances even if the expected return is likely negative.

And giving money upfront I would consider only to very trusted company, and BFL never was one in my eyes.
Activity: 644
November 03, 2013, 11:08:27 AM
If i thought there was a way to win in the mining game, short of being a chip developer selling to the masses, I would have no problem ordering a monarch from BFL. But i'm out of the mining game - I don't care if it's BFL, ASICMiner, Cointerra, or KNC. There is far too much hashing power hitting the market for anyone to have any confidence in their returns. Well, you can have zero confidence because you have no idea how much more is coming.

I've said before, with the Fed and Bernake, the entire world knows how many dollars are out there and how many more the Fed is creating a month. Yes, its inflationary, but we all have enough information to correctly value things in relation to the dollar.

Bitcoin - we know how many coins exist, we know the rate they're produced, and we know the maximum number. That's fine. And while we know the network hash rate and how fast its increasing, we have no visibility into how much more is coming online. We can guess, but that's all it is - a guess. On the mining front, it's essentially impossible to project anything meaningful. Which, I think, raises a big question mark, because without mining and people willing to continue investing in it, well, bitcoin loses it's use.

It's prisoners dilemma right now, and everyone is taking the choice of ratting on their codefendant.

The producers have no reason to stop - they're standing to make a ton of fiat money, so long as they can talk a good bitcoin talk (protecting the network, etc), and everyone else is spending more and more money to insure that they maintain a small slice of a pie that's going to continually shrink...
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
November 03, 2013, 10:41:51 AM
The bullet run was a dud.

Just to update everyone on where we stand with the Monarch at the moment.

Current chip production has an expected delivery date in early/first half of December. We expect to have chips at that time and hope to have our first units shipped out the door by the end of December. We did not reach our goal of November delivery. Unlike our first generation ASIC devices, we already have the vendors in place and ready to go, along with the substrate design and manufacturing slotted in and geared up. Right now, we are not anticipating any issues but unexpected things do pop up. If they do, I will let people know as soon as I have definitive information regarding that, otherwise we are on target for a December release. If anything changes, I will let everyone know, via this thread, as soon as I have the information.

Let me reiterate that if you are uncomfortable with pre-ordering for cutting edge, custom designed technology and all the risks that it implies, please do not place a pre-order and wait until the products are shipping and available. If you do choose to pre-order, please understand that unforseen problems and delays can and do happen and we will do our best to alert everyone to them when we encounter them and have had time to assess what the impact will be on the timeline.

Our production capacity is geared up and ready to go. With the extreme simplicity of the Monarch compared to our 65nm product line, we do not anticipate any difficulties in getting units built and out the door in a rapid fashion. Compared to our current generation, assuming no parts shortages, we should be able to product more than 1000 Monarchs per day. For reference, the Monarch should use ~12 screws and two discrete parts (board and HSF), compared to even our most simple device, the Jalapeno, which has over 20 discrete parts, assembly is trivial and should pose no issues.

The current expected date for our chips out of the foundry is early December. Obviously nothing will be shipping in November. Projected target is end of December but that is, as usual, subject to change. When I have more info I will share it.
Keep it up!, Newbies need to know that BFL is NOT a trustable company
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
November 03, 2013, 06:41:44 AM
I received my unit, mined with it for 6 weeks and sold it for the same (fiat) price I payed for it on eBay.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
November 03, 2013, 06:28:40 AM
Projected target is end of December but that is, as usual, subject to change.

Two more weeks, as usual  Cheesy
Activity: 616
November 03, 2013, 06:18:19 AM
Cheesy
Activity: 149
November 03, 2013, 01:06:44 AM
The bullet run was a dud.

Just to update everyone on where we stand with the Monarch at the moment.

Current chip production has an expected delivery date in early/first half of December. We expect to have chips at that time and hope to have our first units shipped out the door by the end of December. We did not reach our goal of November delivery. Unlike our first generation ASIC devices, we already have the vendors in place and ready to go, along with the substrate design and manufacturing slotted in and geared up. Right now, we are not anticipating any issues but unexpected things do pop up. If they do, I will let people know as soon as I have definitive information regarding that, otherwise we are on target for a December release. If anything changes, I will let everyone know, via this thread, as soon as I have the information.

Let me reiterate that if you are uncomfortable with pre-ordering for cutting edge, custom designed technology and all the risks that it implies, please do not place a pre-order and wait until the products are shipping and available. If you do choose to pre-order, please understand that unforseen problems and delays can and do happen and we will do our best to alert everyone to them when we encounter them and have had time to assess what the impact will be on the timeline.

Our production capacity is geared up and ready to go. With the extreme simplicity of the Monarch compared to our 65nm product line, we do not anticipate any difficulties in getting units built and out the door in a rapid fashion. Compared to our current generation, assuming no parts shortages, we should be able to product more than 1000 Monarchs per day. For reference, the Monarch should use ~12 screws and two discrete parts (board and HSF), compared to even our most simple device, the Jalapeno, which has over 20 discrete parts, assembly is trivial and should pose no issues.

The current expected date for our chips out of the foundry is early December. Obviously nothing will be shipping in November. Projected target is end of December but that is, as usual, subject to change. When I have more info I will share it.
October 31, 2013, 10:48:30 PM
Re:  YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL

Why hasn't anyone squashed the cockroach?
If everyone with an outstanding order refuses to accept the package (no big loss these days). Then that cockroach will be gently squeezed, harder and harder as more and more packages are returned.

What will BFL do, keep the money ? that would be fraud.
Keep re-posting and costing them $$$$ ?
All sales are final,   When they have been delivered !

If you have requested a refund, BFL owes you a refund, if they do not, they are acting unlawfully and when the FTC actually get around to them they will deal with them appropriately. I Hope.
Activity: 322
October 29, 2013, 09:02:23 PM
Scummy scammy josh! Bfls vaporware, monarch, is even out dated now and they don't even exist! Same as with there aweful 65nm machines that are completely untested and just sent out to customers(if they have not mined already with your h/w).

No one as ordered anything, there trying to play the market and even if someone as.... There stupid and the amount of network power they will own diminishes everyday so they wouldn't hold much at all and the fact that other companies offer better h/w available today (not Nov 2014 at best) means that they've just lost..... $1m! I call some scam going non here though, no one is that stupid..... Could be Justin Berber just found out about it though, never underestimate the stupidity of some people, that's what bfl preys on!
October 29, 2013, 08:53:50 PM

Josh, what the hell?  You guys still have $500 of my money for an 'upgrade' that no longer exists, and yet here you are defending your company's actions in the most uncalled for manner. 

Do your bit for customer service and refund.

Joshie, please tell, how does BFL Intend to resolve such issues.

A) Run off with the guys money.
B) Supply a free miner to attach the upgrade to.
C) Refund

Its a simple question, why don't you answer the guy..  Tongue

They offered me a 'credit' onto my account for my next order.  However, I pointed out that I do not wish to have a 'credit' or indeed order from them again, and they went silent.

No matter, I have my banks fraud team on the case.

I have it in writing that you have received my money, BFL.  I also have it in writing that you were going to either process me a refund in BTC or bank transfer.  Then, another of your 'colleagues' changed their mind.

Companies don't act the way BFL do.  Fraudsters, however....

You may have a product, and you may have manufacturing difficulties, but that does not excuse you acting like a complete a hole.
Activity: 616
October 29, 2013, 06:01:21 PM
someone sent BFL a million bucks...

http://kryptonews.com/?p=68

Definitively bad day for semeone when he realizes whats going on.

Probably 20+ Monarchs

Someone? How about BFL just took the BTC they mined with your equipment and cashed out.
That would be a stupid move.. Unless they are hiring lots of lawyers Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: