Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 3. (Read 76460 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 24
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
April 27, 2024, 05:03:30 PM

I agree with you that taking a loan to invest in bitcoin is not an option, because if we mess up our bitcoin investment, how are we going to repay our loan when it is due for repayment? If there is no money to invest in bitcoin, we should calm down and wait until there is money to start our bitcoin investment. We shouldn't take a loan to invest in bitcoin because bitcoin is a long-term investment.
Actually if you are able to do that and have larger funds to be ready to take the same risk as Saylor did then it can still be done but on the other hand we must remember that we are not someone who is rich like Saylor so taking out a loan just to invest clearly must be reviewed further because it can be very risky for the future we have because it is an ordinary person and is in an economic level that tends to be ordinary or even still lacking then it can be suicidal for them if they force this as an option.

It is enough in a conservative way where investing when you are able to do so because even though bitcoin will be profitable for the future but we do not need to do aggressively as a whole because in the end there is a moment where we have to think carefully and decide to be reasonable and there is a moment where we have to act aggressively in addressing something including investing in bitcoin.

The idea is not good to be adopted BTC investment is not like fiat investment where you take loan and do some capital project or infrastructure that can generate your income to pay back if it can't within the deadline been taking as collateral. Borrowing  is bad idea reason being that the market can be at dip after investing with the borrowed money and the deadline is at hand selling off your BTC can render you loss, and this can also deprived you of Long time holding if you have not meet up to the term and conditions of the money borrowed to invest, you will be forced to sell off your BTC therefore closing your investment.

The only best option is to invest according to what you can afford and avoid over investing that will mount unwanted pressure and plan all courses of quick withdrawal that can hinder your long term holding especially the area of emergency fund that has been over emphasize because it has been one of  the courses of failure of this Long term holding.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 641
https://duelbits.com/
April 27, 2024, 04:05:52 PM

I agree with you that taking a loan to invest in bitcoin is not an option, because if we mess up our bitcoin investment, how are we going to repay our loan when it is due for repayment? If there is no money to invest in bitcoin, we should calm down and wait until there is money to start our bitcoin investment. We shouldn't take a loan to invest in bitcoin because bitcoin is a long-term investment.
Actually if you are able to do that and have larger funds to be ready to take the same risk as Saylor did then it can still be done but on the other hand we must remember that we are not someone who is rich like Saylor so taking out a loan just to invest clearly must be reviewed further because it can be very risky for the future we have because it is an ordinary person and is in an economic level that tends to be ordinary or even still lacking then it can be suicidal for them if they force this as an option.

It is enough in a conservative way where investing when you are able to do so because even though bitcoin will be profitable for the future but we do not need to do aggressively as a whole because in the end there is a moment where we have to think carefully and decide to be reasonable and there is a moment where we have to act aggressively in addressing something including investing in bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Merit: 84
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 27, 2024, 01:31:39 PM

In as much as investing 100% could be risk or over investing but with this method you have explained I think it will be very difficult to get into trouble during the accumulation process because you have already eliminated any possible risk that could arise along the line, actually this method has been very helpful for so many investors today and funny enough I have make use of this method sometimes, especially when I'm very close to receiving my monthly salary and by then I have cleared all possible needs that would arise so I will then putting 100% percent of my available funds at that moment while waiting for the salary to come so that I could balance the equation and from their continues my DCA.

Actually I only use that method whenever I feel I'm free from any needs and my monthly salary is very close, however it takes a proper understanding for an investor not to make a mistake on this method because like you have explained that investing 100% is only good before the pay period so that they will not ran into trouble but funny enough most investors will still be aggressive trying to be greedy.
This method is no difference from buying aggressive when there is more money to spare. The only reason you are able to comfortably put 100% of your income into Bitcoin is because you have various source that you make money, and you don't rely on your monthly income to cover up for everything you need. Despite the general advice of not putting all our money into one asset you still choose to neglect because you feel it is less risky for you since you have no upcoming needs. But let me give you some reasons why this idea is wrong.

1. You are not expecting any needs, but life throw curveballs, things could go wrong like health and emergency need which you will need money for that is why it is important to keep reserve funds.

2. There could be a time where you might see a delay in receiving your income, thereby you need more money to survive and invest.

This your idea might seem logic to you, it's still a risky move to make. At least try to diversify instead of putting your entire money in one basket even if there is a huge assurance in that assets and even with a paycheck coming soon. Money that is not in your hand cannot be called you money unless you receive it.

The earlier you understand that in cryptocurrency, their is no diversification the better, because their is no substitute to Bitcoin in the crypto industry, all other coins are just means in which  these developers used in  milking investors of their hard earned money, so I would advice that you take your diversification else where, somewhere away from cryptocurrency entirely.

And lastly, concerning what you said about other source of income, though I sees it as an of topic here, in this thread, but if I must respond to that, then  it's very wrong to survive on a single income, because the rate at which inflation is ravaging the fiat and making it lose value is really a cause for alarm, so it's  adviceable to have more than one source to keep you afloat, in your daily lives.
I doubt you've carefully read through what @agbamoni wrote down there to have gotten the point right. From what I get from his ascertion, he seems to be talking more about the reasons why it's not advisable to invest 100% of your earnings into Bitcoin as it's certainly going to give you lots of issues in the long run and not about diversification of your investment into whatever shit coin that's out there.

And yes, I subscribe totally to the fact that it's not right to invest 100%  of your earnings into Bitcoin and to be really honest, it seems very vague and untrue if someone claims that he is able to invest at such rate and that he will be able to do that consistently for at least four years while getting his life in shape. Let's try to be realistic enough to the fact that Bitcoin investments is just an aspect of our lives and definitely don't play the biggest role in our lives. As we continue to DCA, we can't do it leaving other aspect of our lives on pause till we've reached our accumilation goal and that's the whole essence of DCAing since you can just take the range of 10% to 30% out of your income and use the remaining 70% or so to still sort out yourself. This is not just a medium to air out things that aren't real and practicable and so, as much as we try to point out some possible scenario that we've not reached the level of doing, let's try to tailor down our opinion to the fact that we've got to still invest responsibly with an amount that's within our financial strength and that will allow us take care of our emergency and daily needs.
Activity: 280
Merit: 159
April 27, 2024, 01:09:09 PM
It's important to follow the rules, of course, but I think the most important thing is how well you can continue to invest the wealth you invest in the future. If you can regularly add money to invest your assets then you can continue the investment process as per the rules.
Of course, one should invest for future life. Start investing with courage, but don't show courage where you have to invest through a loan process. If you are a normal person then you cannot take big loan, even if you continue investment process with small loan money in long term investment process you will naturally face big loss. Of course we have to focus on additional income projects instead of focusing on loan projects, from where money can be earned and money can be invested. If you have a strong interest in investing then you must find new small income sources, small income projects will collectively grow into a big income source in the future. Investing can only proceed when the incoming sources work consistently.

If I am in a position to advise a friend, I will strongly advise them not to invest with loans. Especially if they are not currently managing businesses with assets that can be replaced with the initial loan taken as per the value of the loan meant to be returned. If not for big businesses who have multiple streams of income and insurance, taking loan for another investment should be discouraged. Otherwise, I will advise my friend to invest with the profits they've realized from their existing businesses, however small. Every businessman or woman has a vision, such visions can be translated as one's business foresight for the future. But, come to think about it, the future is just an imagination which every one builds in their subconscious mind. Planning for the future is essential, but planning for the present is even more important. In a nutshell, whatever decision you intend to take for the future, should not be detrimental to the present.
If it's taking loan to invest in bitcoin, I won't support that. Taking lone to invest in bitcoin is something that we shouldn't try, because you will be putting unnecessary pressure on yourself. What happen when your loan is ready for repayment and your bitcoin maturity date hasn't arrived and there is no money to pay back, you will definitely resort to selling your bitcoin in order to repay your creditors and all your efforts will become fruitless in the end. For me instead of someone borrowing money to invest in bitcoin, it's best the person dispose items and properties the person don't have much need for them anymore and raise substantial amount that can be used for the investment. It is better that way, a good investment is the one you make and have peace and rest of mind.
Merit: 109
April 27, 2024, 12:56:21 PM

In as much as investing 100% could be risk or over investing but with this method you have explained I think it will be very difficult to get into trouble during the accumulation process because you have already eliminated any possible risk that could arise along the line, actually this method has been very helpful for so many investors today and funny enough I have make use of this method sometimes, especially when I'm very close to receiving my monthly salary and by then I have cleared all possible needs that would arise so I will then putting 100% percent of my available funds at that moment while waiting for the salary to come so that I could balance the equation and from their continues my DCA.

Actually I only use that method whenever I feel I'm free from any needs and my monthly salary is very close, however it takes a proper understanding for an investor not to make a mistake on this method because like you have explained that investing 100% is only good before the pay period so that they will not ran into trouble but funny enough most investors will still be aggressive trying to be greedy.
This method is no difference from buying aggressive when there is more money to spare. The only reason you are able to comfortably put 100% of your income into Bitcoin is because you have various source that you make money, and you don't rely on your monthly income to cover up for everything you need. Despite the general advice of not putting all our money into one asset you still choose to neglect because you feel it is less risky for you since you have no upcoming needs. But let me give you some reasons why this idea is wrong.

1. You are not expecting any needs, but life throw curveballs, things could go wrong like health and emergency need which you will need money for that is why it is important to keep reserve funds.

2. There could be a time where you might see a delay in receiving your income, thereby you need more money to survive and invest.

This your idea might seem logic to you, it's still a risky move to make. At least try to diversify instead of putting your entire money in one basket even if there is a huge assurance in that assets and even with a paycheck coming soon. Money that is not in your hand cannot be called you money unless you receive it.

The earlier you understand that in cryptocurrency, their is no diversification the better, because their is no substitute to Bitcoin in the crypto industry, all other coins are just means in which  these developers used in  milking investors of their hard earned money, so I would advice that you take your diversification else where, somewhere away from cryptocurrency entirely.

And lastly, concerning what you said about other source of income, though I sees it as an of topic here, in this thread, but if I must respond to that, then  it's very wrong to survive on a single income, because the rate at which inflation is ravaging the fiat and making it lose value is really a cause for concern, so it's  adviceable to have more than one source to keep you afloat, in your daily lives.
Activity: 448
Merit: 146
April 27, 2024, 12:35:30 PM
When it comes to bitcoin investment, we should not invest all of our money in it so that we will always be able to solve our financial needs when they arise.

This discussion has been treated more than ones here, so I believe every investors or a beginner should be able to understand the concept that keeps their investment healthy and running however I believe this is one of the reasons why at @JayJuanGee introduce the method and the reason why an investor should have an emergency funds and also a reserve funds was actually because of a situation like this so that with a proper utilization of it an investors could hardly run into a problem no matter how it may be, however just like you said is not an investment wise to put in everything you have on investment because with the lack emergency funds or reserve funds their is a big chance of getting into trouble on the process.

I think you need to follow some small rules for investing. If you rush to invest when you don't, you will face big losses. We need to know some good rules for investing and what are they.  Apply and invest.

We should invest only as much as we will not face any problem and after investing we can live happily and peacefully with our family. There are some people who think of investing with money loan. If they face loss after investing, then  I prepare to invest thoughtfully when I think about how they will repay the loan and how they will manage the family. If we want to do good all the time, we must have a good interest in investing.
I sincerely agree with you, investment shouldn't come as a constraint to any investor, investment should come as a well thought out plan that allows you meet the other needs of your life. However the Idea to invest with loan money is not always a bad decision, because it's either you actually collected the the loan to invest in a certain business with an expected return in investment, which is why most businesses loans are collected. Moreover a hodler is not supposed to collect a loan to invest in holding, because holding takes a lot of time to yield profit, the person offering the loan might have that kind of patient.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 579
April 27, 2024, 10:24:41 AM

Actually, what you say is quite confusing because we are here discussing bitcoin so why diversify assets if our goal is only to buy bitcoin. To be honest, the other points are correct but need to be corrected a little, if putting 100% of the money you have into investing in Bitcoin is certainly very risky because it will disrupt your living needs. So it's better to allocate 10% or 20% of your salary to invest in bitcoin.

We tend to see that everyone always experiences failure in their planned investments. Because their investment behavior is very aggressive by investing large amounts, but when their economic situation reverses, their decisions will have quite an influence on the course of the investments they make.
Activity: 266
Merit: 276
April 27, 2024, 09:48:36 AM

Activity: 238
Merit: 161
The great city of God 🔥
April 27, 2024, 06:23:17 AM
When it comes to bitcoin investment, we should not invest all of our money in it so that we will always be able to solve our financial needs when they arise.

This discussion has been treated more than ones here, so I believe every investors or a beginner should be able to understand the concept that keeps their investment healthy and running however I believe this is one of the reasons why at @JayJuanGee introduce the method and the reason why an investor should have an emergency funds and also a reserve funds was actually because of a situation like this so that with a proper utilization of it an investors could hardly run into a problem no matter how it may be, however just like you said is not an investment wise to put in everything you have on investment because with the lack emergency funds or reserve funds their is a big chance of getting into trouble on the process.

For me I don't see any difference between what you are saying and what mayor of ogba is saying. You both are saying thesame thing, if you read down to the end of his comment you will realise that he said about emergency fund and accumulate strategy which he mentioned also DCA to be presise. So both of you are saying thesame thing.

Everyone who has been in this thread for so long should have known more about emergency fund and it's important, so needless of well knowledgeable member to ague about it, rather you should be in good position to educate more newbies about it. Emergency and reserved fund is ideal for any Bitcoin investor to succeed in his accumulating process, but not advisable to over due it in a manner that wit will affect us.
Merit: 159
April 27, 2024, 05:09:08 AM

Since emergency funds are necessary for bitcoin investment, it is not wrong if I talk about it even though it has been discussed before because this thread is like a classroom where we learn how to invest in bitcoin and hold it for the long term. New members keep joining this thread to gain a clear understanding of how they can start a perfect bitcoin investment without getting burned. If we stop discussing emergency funds, I think those new members who have joined this thread will not know what to put in place before they can start investing in Bitcoin. Guiding a newbie who wants to invest in bitcoin to have emergency funds before he or she can start is important.
Activity: 154
Merit: 107
April 27, 2024, 03:40:04 AM

Surely if someone is investing 100% of his discretionary income into bitcoin that might be on the border of too aggressive because he might not be adequately accounting either his income or expenses, so there would be no room for mistakes, unless, he were to invest that amount at the end of the pay period rather than at the beginning, meaning that if he were to only make his investment of all his extra money right before his next check had arrived, so then he would be at least eliminating the possibility for mistakes, so then his next period starts again after his check for the next pay period arrived.

There could be some folks who say that they are doing 100% but they really are not because they are keeping various kinds of cash cushions, but then they could still be accurate in claiming that once they calculate their various kinds of cash cushions are in place, then they will invest 100% of their remaining cash into bitcoin, whether that is weekly or some other period of time of spreading out the buys.
You are very right here! Investing 100% of discretionary income into Bitcoin is generally not advisable. This is because the investor is jeopardizing everything he earns thereby putting them on high risk since Bitcoin is a highly volatile asset. Another reason is because one should not put all his eggs in one basket, diversification, emergency fund, business and small savings is really important for an investor so that they wont get to tap into their investment. If a person invest all his discretionary income into Bitcoin he leaves no room for a safety net.

No matter the price action I feel that there will be more work opportunities in the future. It is good to use for something meaningful just like investing but not all of them into one thing. IMHO People should stop (especially beginners) converting their discretionary income into Bitcoin until they have achieved the necessary mental balance they need of multiples business, emergency funds and month budget expenses. These application does not imply to the rich because they have more than enough to invest and enough to remain.
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
April 27, 2024, 03:19:28 AM
It's important to follow the rules, of course, but I think the most important thing is how well you can continue to invest the wealth you invest in the future. If you can regularly add money to invest your assets then you can continue the investment process as per the rules.
Of course, one should invest for future life. Start investing with courage, but don't show courage where you have to invest through a loan process. If you are a normal person then you cannot take big loan, even if you continue investment process with small loan money in long term investment process you will naturally face big loss. Of course we have to focus on additional income projects instead of focusing on loan projects, from where money can be earned and money can be invested. If you have a strong interest in investing then you must find new small income sources, small income projects will collectively grow into a big income source in the future. Investing can only proceed when the incoming sources work consistently.

If I am in a position to advise a friend, I will strongly advise them not to invest with loans. Especially if they are not currently managing businesses with assets that can be replaced with the initial loan taken as per the value of the loan meant to be returned. If not for big businesses who have multiple streams of income and insurance, taking loan for another investment should be discouraged. Otherwise, I will advise my friend to invest with the profits they've realized from their existing businesses, however small. Every businessman or woman has a vision, such visions can be translated as one's business foresight for the future. But, come to think about it, the future is just an imagination which every one builds in their subconscious mind. Planning for the future is essential, but planning for the present is even more important. In a nutshell, whatever decision you intend to take for the future, should not be detrimental to the present.
If it's taking loan to invest in bitcoin, I won't support that. Taking lone to invest in bitcoin is something that we shouldn't try, because you will be putting unnecessary pressure on yourself. What happen when your loan is ready for repayment and your bitcoin maturity date hasn't arrived and there is no money to pay back, you will definitely resort to selling your bitcoin in order to repay your creditors and all your efforts will become fruitless in the end. For me instead of someone borrowing money to invest in bitcoin, it's best the person dispose items and properties the person don't have much need for them anymore and raise substantial amount that can be used for the investment. It is better that way, a good investment is the one you make and have peace and rest of mind.
Activity: 392
Merit: 269
April 27, 2024, 02:57:00 AM
From my understanding, an investor faith in Bitcoin can determine buying Bitcoin agressively or rather with a little amount. From the illustration above, we have two set of investors, investor A and B whereby both investor choose to invest separately despite their financial status being equal. Personally, when it comes to investment choice one ought to think careful and their allocation monthly or weekly should be in position, for example I don't expect anyone to buy Bitcoin using 100% monthly or weekly all in the name of being aggressive besides from my study people who invest like this end up selling before reaching their target. Note, my approach towards Bitcoin investment will determine my believe and at the same time investor still have responsibilities, needs to settle, holding an emergency fund etc so by the time an investor will consider all this factor monthly or weekly will definitely determine their accumulation approach.

Surely if someone is investing 100% of his discretionary income into bitcoin that might be on the border of too aggressive because he might not be adequately accounting either his income or expenses, so there would be no room for mistakes, unless, he were to invest that amount at the end of the pay period rather than at the beginning, meaning that if he were to only make his investment of all his extra money right before his next check had arrived, so then he would be at least eliminating the possibility for mistakes, so then his next period starts again after his check for the next pay period arrived.

There could be some folks who say that they are doing 100% but they really are not because they are keeping various kinds of cash cushions, but then they could still be accurate in claiming that once they calculate their various kinds of cash cushions are in place, then they will invest 100% of their remaining cash into bitcoin, whether that is weekly or some other period of time of spreading out the buys.

Activity: 196
Merit: 70
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
April 26, 2024, 11:22:57 PM

Your right about all that but I think you seem to mis understand the hypothetical, in this case it is not about needs or disposable income available it's more about two different investors with equal financial situation and equal discretion income and disposable income that choses to allocate different percentage and that is due to the risk or proximity of the investment not doing well.

Let me explain as I've understood.

MR A Understands the fact that bitcoin has a probability of not giving him any returns or going to zero and still choses to give 25% to bitcoin without putting himself on any pressure and is totally comfortable with it and it does not bother him, but MR B despite being in the same situation like Mr A doesn't go well with having too much in bitcoin and rather decides that it would be better to have only 10% in bitcoin and have the rest in cash.

You see they both have everything equal on both sides but they don't chose the same allocation to bitcoin because they don't both agree that it would be good to be aggressive in bitcoin based on the fact that it could also not give any returns and that should be seen as risk tolerance.
In both cases there is risk level in mattering. And you are right that Mr A has more confidence about Bitcoin and he really believes in. So he is putting 25% of his income in Bitcoin. And I am sure if he believes in Bitcoin so definitely he will be in huge profit at certain point. Mr  B will also be in profit but due to low investment he can't get much like Mr A will get.

That is the game of mind. If your mind is saying you shouldn't invest much just because of loss fear so you can't invest much.
But if you believe on anything you don't listen mind you just invest in it and wait for the better time. Smiley
We don't determine who believe more in bitcoin by the size of our investments, what really determine the size of our investment is our financial capacity. Two investors can have same trust and believe in bitcoin but one with more money will have a bigger portfolio because he financial capacity is more than the other one who has less portfolio, but that doesn't mean that the  one with less portfolio in bitcoin doesn't believe in bitcoin. It's all about staying within your limit and not over doing yourself. You have to understand that at the end of the day it's about investing what you can be able to lose that will not affect your life negatively.

This is part of the reasons why some persons fail in life because they want to be in same measures with others without evaluating themselves if they can be able to endure what another person can endure. Investing in Bitcoin doesn't mean one needs to have huge amount before engaging oneself and it has been discussed severely that we should endeavour to invest what we can endure because unforeseen circumstances can happen and the reverse be the case so in such situations how can you be able to handle your emotions when you have sacrificed all your income in such an investment? that is why an alternative to your funds is necessary so that in a situation where things doesn't work the way you plan, the emergency funds can stand as a yardstick to make plan B and you continue with your investment journey because if you must grow in your investment, you must look for a way to continue and restrategize in a case where your initial plan failed.
Activity: 378
Merit: 182
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
April 26, 2024, 02:29:19 PM
At this particular point, I really don't think it's logical to be timing the market now because as an investor that we are, our primary concern now should have been how much Bitcoin can we accumulate, so as not to be left behind? So if we decide to be timing the market, it's a complete waste of time, because the bull run can start anytime and you will start feeling regret for not buying and accumulating now that is the best time to buy, so in order not to be in that kind of space, it's best we utilize this opportunity by accumulating more Bitcoin through the DCA method regardless of the current price now, because the amount of Bitcoin in your possession will definitely define how profitable you are going be, during the bull season, and another thing we should not forget is, we should only be thinking long term, because it's only a long term holder will definitely reap the full dividend of his or her holdings.
Their is no need timing the market because it is not a way of making profit from the market because the market can't be predicted.  This is the time to buy as much as you can and wait till the bull market gives the kind of profit you want. Real investors don't time the market because they know they will definitely get what they want from the market.  Most people that have the habit of timing and predicting the market are just so desperate to make money quick.

Now that the price of bitcoin is low the goal is to buy more Bitcoin and hodl because it will surely yield more profit. When you believe in hodling their won't be any feeling of doubt of bitcoin.

Market prediction is not part of Bitcoin investment, to me it is just a waste of energy and time, I think what every investor should be doing at all time is to keep hustling to acquire more asset and keep holding, the predictions that we see people do is just for trying of luck and at the end of the day once it happen the exact way the predicted it, they will see themselves as gurus in the system not knowing that that's the direction of the market at that moment, it has been said severally that Bitcoin price is been controlled by the market influx, though some events too can excalate the price to a profitable level but the truth is that this event may not really have an immediate effect on the price but gradually it will, this is why most people expect bullrun and halving to have a noticeable change in the price of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency but it didn't happen that way but rather the market started creating a kind of panick that can lead some imvestor making a regrettable decision, lets keep holding and acquiring more assets to keep our portfolio more active.

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
April 26, 2024, 01:48:15 PM
[edited out]
Thank you sir, for breaking it down to the lowest understanding, because this is the exact situation I found myself in late last year that I started buying Bitcoin true the dca accumulating method,  during that period due to how excited I was as a newbie not having much knowledge of Bitcoin and how it works, I was in the opinion that the more Bitcoin in my possession, the more money I will make, not even knowing that holding is another thing all together, so that spur me to invest more than I can afford from my monthly salary, which wasn't that easy for me, because toward the end of the month when I can no longer fend for my basic needs, I will just have to fall back to my holding, and withdraw a fraction of my holding just to survive till I have been paid my monthly salary, and of a truth, that actions I took limited me so much.

So with time, I started gaining knowledge from this forum about Bitcoin and  how to go about it, so the moment I stop buying aggressively, and I started buying according to what I can afford, and the money for my monthly upkeep being kept aside, I observe that I no longer struggled to consolidate to my holding as before, so that's why I believe that if an investor can invest according to money he can do away without, holding wouldn't be that difficult, as long as his source of income never runs dry.

Yes.. so one level of mistake of overinvesting is not to project out your expenses well enough, so then your BTC ends up serving as an emergency fund, which is not what you want to have, whether the BTC price is up or down, you want to mostly be keep building your BTC stack, even if you are in profits, especially if you are still in earlier times of building your stash.

So yeah having various cashfloats can help you to never have to touch your BTC, except as a very last resort.. and so the way that you structure your cash reserves can vary, and personally, I think that there should be some cash reserves that you never have to touch almost no matter what, except a true emergency.. and if you are already anticipating irregular cashflows (income), then that is not an emergency, and if you already have bad health and you expect that you might have some extra medical expenses, those are not emergencies either..... so frequently cash reserves and cash floats will be used to address cashflow irregularities or expense irregularities that you may or may not anticipate, and so you might go 20-30 years or more without ever touching your actual emergency funds, and so if you never have to touch your emergency fund, you are also never going to have to touch your bitcoin, so yeah, it can take a long ass time to build all of these kinds of reserves that may also allow you to invest more aggressively into bitcoin once you have various kinds of cash reserves in place.. ..

So the BIG tests of whether you are doing these things well and/or correctly will come during various kinds of times in which many negative things might be happening and you are still able to hold onto your bitcoin and maybe even continue to buy BTC when everyone else around you seem to be panicking.. .but none of what I am saying should necessarily stop any normie from regularly, consistently and persistently buying BTC through something like DCA and other methods, yet there surely is a lot of importance in making sure that you are keeping some cash cushions and having some decent ideas about how your income and your expenses might change from time to time, and if you decide to spend money on something that is not of your normal behaviors, you might really have to account that your purchase could end up affecting other things that you do down the road and even screw up some of your abilities to continue to buy bitcoin if you have not structured your various purchases, including bitcoin, in ways that also account for your keeping various cash cushions in place that you would use those cash cushions prior to your emergency fund and prior to your even having to come close to touching your BTC.

From my understanding, an investor faith in Bitcoin can determine buying Bitcoin agressively or rather with a little amount. From the illustration above, we have two set of investors, investor A and B whereby both investor choose to invest separately despite their financial status being equal. Personally, when it comes to investment choice one ought to think careful and their allocation monthly or weekly should be in position, for example I don't expect anyone to buy Bitcoin using 100% monthly or weekly all in the name of being aggressive besides from my study people who invest like this end up selling before reaching their target. Note, my approach towards Bitcoin investment will determine my believe and at the same time investor still have responsibilities, needs to settle, holding an emergency fund etc so by the time an investor will consider all this factor monthly or weekly will definitely determine their accumulation approach.

Activity: 504
Merit: 198
If bitcoin be for me...
April 26, 2024, 12:46:25 PM

It is as a result of the problems of emergency needs that every investor is advised to make room for savings aside while carrying on with the DCA  investment plan. An investor is more likely to make success in his investment having an existing savings plus a reliable income source as it is a dyke against challenges that could make investor tamper with his investment. A good investor should be able to delineate a systematically way of investing because it is out of a lack of knowledge that newbie investors do go all in while investing in bitcoin.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
April 26, 2024, 11:35:02 AM
Of course, one should invest for future life. Start investing with courage, but don't show courage where you have to invest through a loan process. If you are a normal person then you cannot take big loan, even if you continue investment process with small loan money in long term investment process you will naturally face big loss. Of course we have to focus on additional income projects instead of focusing on loan projects, from where money can be earned and money can be invested. If you have a strong interest in investing then you must find new small income sources, small income projects will collectively grow into a big income source in the future. Investing can only proceed when the incoming sources work consistently.

Merit: 120
Cashback 15%
April 26, 2024, 11:13:19 AM

Your right about all that but I think you seem to mis understand the hypothetical, in this case it is not about needs or disposable income available it's more about two different investors with equal financial situation and equal discretion income and disposable income that choses to allocate different percentage and that is due to the risk or proximity of the investment not doing well.

Let me explain as I've understood.

MR A Understands the fact that bitcoin has a probability of not giving him any returns or going to zero and still choses to give 25% to bitcoin without putting himself on any pressure and is totally comfortable with it and it does not bother him, but MR B despite being in the same situation like Mr A doesn't go well with having too much in bitcoin and rather decides that it would be better to have only 10% in bitcoin and have the rest in cash.

You see they both have everything equal on both sides but they don't chose the same allocation to bitcoin because they don't both agree that it would be good to be aggressive in bitcoin based on the fact that it could also not give any returns and that should be seen as risk tolerance.
In both cases there is risk level in mattering. And you are right that Mr A has more confidence about Bitcoin and he really believes in. So he is putting 25% of his income in Bitcoin. And I am sure if he believes in Bitcoin so definitely he will be in huge profit at certain point. Mr  B will also be in profit but due to low investment he can't get much like Mr A will get.

That is the game of mind. If your mind is saying you shouldn't invest much just because of loss fear so you can't invest much.
But if you believe on anything you don't listen mind you just invest in it and wait for the better time. Smiley
We don't determine who believe more in bitcoin by the size of our investments, what really determine the size of our investment is our financial capacity. Two investors can have same trust and believe in bitcoin but one with more money will have a bigger portfolio because he financial capacity is more than the other one who has less portfolio, but that doesn't mean that the  one with less portfolio in bitcoin doesn't believe in bitcoin. It's all about staying within your limit and not over doing yourself. You have to understand that at the end of the day it's about investing what you can be able to lose that will not affect your life negatively.
Merit: 111
April 26, 2024, 10:17:27 AM
Snip
Please check your quoting. It's difficult to see which and which is your personal thought.

About holding though, I believe we all aware about why it is been advised to hold
Trading is a zigzag way of falling deeper into losses without knowing.
HODL helps circumvent this. In my country land is a necessity
It's something everybody wants /need to have to be branded successful.
Take owning a Bitcoin as a necessity
A need rather than a want. It would help you hold for a very long time.

Mind you everybody have their own plans based on various circumstances so there's no definite time for how long one should hold
It's dictated by our personal plan but would you sell all your land when you know you would later need it?
Don't forget unlike Bitcoin Fiat is a depreciating asset
A year or two ago, #150 could buy a bag of water (20pcs) now it could barely afford 5.
Sometimes I go to old thread especially one about Pizza and saw that Theymos sold some amount of Bitcoins for couple of dollars
Imagine then he held
This would be the same thing people years to come would say when they join the forum.
They would see people selling their Bitcoin for $70K, $100K and be like imagine this people held.

Don't go all in in any investment like has been mentioned countless times
Invest what you can afford to loss
Take it like you paying a bill for a service you enjoying.
Currently ain't really focused on Bitcoins price nor have I checked how much have accumulated
I like good surprises, I want to check one day and be like "How did I get this rich "Lol.
I know my average price but don't to check how many unit I have.
Nobody is saying don't collect profit but make sure the reason is worth it.
I do trade once in a while to get the adrenaline running but a fact is I detest it
A fancy way to make losses or minute gains.
A living proof that trading is not the best in a long run be an investor rather than a Trader.
Personal opinion. Thanks for reading I guess
Pages:
Jump to: