Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 7. (Read 76390 times)

Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
April 23, 2024, 08:16:12 AM
Wether they take quick profits or not Bitcoin still remains, it's all by choice and how we view from our perspective, each investor knows what's suitable and good for him because the needed funds used to invest was raised by him, despite all these happening, we only just advise investors to purchase/ keep on purchasing Bitcoin, restrain from selling and continue to hold for the long run in order to maximize the profits and store this wealth for a longer time.

Emergency funds are compulsory units in the process of accumulating Bitcoin that should not be neglected, life is full of unforseen circumstances that may come either at the appropriate time when funds is surplus or not, during this point in time a persons emergency funds will step in to resolve that issue instead of altering one's investment portfolio just to solve the need.
But unfortunately, not many Bitcoin investors can determine when they will take their profits. Many of them cannot wait patiently for the price of Bitcoin to increase very high. Most of them are still consumed by the issues raised by unclear news.

They will panic and make decisions without thinking twice. They cannot find more information about the situation that is happening so that they make instant decisions. For those who can still be patient, they can see when they can sell their Bitcoin and take the profit.

For emergency funds, it is best to separate it from investing in Bitcoin so that it does not interfere with our investment plans. But there are also investors who use some of their Bitcoin to meet their emergency needs because their emergency funds cannot cover them. This is understandable because we often experience emergency needs that we must fulfill immediately.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
April 23, 2024, 08:10:04 AM
the truth is that the majority of people that are talking about taking out there profit whenever they are able to see a little top up in there holding haven't really decided that they are ready for long term investment and have probably not figured out what it takes to invest in the long run and so anything to them looks like a good profit that should quickly be leveraged on. If you're yet to figure your financial life out and you're still looking for quick means to earn money or double your income, you wouldn't be able to invest for the long term and it would be very deficult to manage your emotions whenever you're in profit as it will most likely seem like the little profit you've been able to get from investing with that little amount will help you fix your life's issues after all.

Outside of setting out emergency funds and proper accumilation plan that will help you DCA long enough to have had a good portfolio, you should necessarily ensure that your primary source of income is intact and that you you're able to upscale in getting more income from your business or work if it will be possible so you can possibly increase the allocation that goes into your routine DCA and also factor out l how much will go into your emergency funds so instead of thinking about taking quick profit from your holding and in the process reducing the quantity of your stack, you can decide to dig your hands into your emergency to fixing whatever it is that comes up as a reason to taking out part of your holdings.

And again, while it's still not a good idea to tamper with our emergency funds when we're in situations that pushes us to do so, it's even better you tamper with your emergency funds than visiting your Bitcoin whenever you have a need to fix and this is one reason why you should also make good provisions for emergency funds such that it will be good enough to meet up the needs that might come along when way while still at your accumulation stage.
You have made some valid points. Investing for the long term requires commitment, focus, and not quick gains. Lots of beginners do not understand this which is why when there are market fluctuations they do not know how to manage emotions which is a very crucial part of long-term trading. Another necessary thing you forget to mention is having a stable source of income. Dipping into investment for short term needs isn't ideal for a long term investor, and the reason for doing such is because he refused to prioritize having an emergency fund before starting investing.

I came up with a solution that has helped me have a secured investment to stay for long since i started investing and it has not only helped me in my investment but i have been able to understand the importance of having a budget and a separate savings plan for the sake of unexpected expenses which in any way i wont think about tapping into my investment or stay stranded.

First thing i did was to download budgeting apps that helps me plan a financial foundation for log term. During the investment process i acknowledge unexpected expenses that i have no choice than to dip into my emergency funds but i immediately rebuild it as soon as possible so that my investment wont be next. Although i allocate a particular 20% of my income into the emergency fund and also include money that was giving to me like a bonus or friends and family.
Activity: 224
Merit: 195
April 23, 2024, 05:50:19 AM
Also people need to know that there's nothing wrong to take a profit at this current situation since its normal for investor to take something when they need it. What's important is there's still a balance left so they would not missed another good opportunity that they could able to earn once same good situation will happen and bitcoin price would pump again then reach for another new ATH.
Your statement shows that someone just wants to take profit from his bitcoin investment just because the person feels like taking profit to sort himself out. This is why it is important not to invest all your money in bitcoin so that you will have enough money to take care of your financial needs any time they arise, and not to sell part of your bitcoin investment to sort yourself out. 

Actually many may miss out some things that seems hidden on this aspect of investment by going into profit taken because one need it, I believe allot of information and knowledge on how this long term holding and basically the DCA we mostly in concerned with work, for any investor to rush in taking profit because it deem it necessary base on challenges to solve other responsibilities might have some side impact because one would have set out this so called emergency fund before now reason because even the so called profit has it way of adding to your accumulation as you practice the Long term cutting it off is another way if reducing the acculturation it would have amounted at the end of the period I think this knowledge might seem hidden to investor who is so eager for profit withdrawal.
Any person who is so eager in taking profit from Bitcoin is not a serious investor and shouldn't think he or will see anything meaningful. As an investor before you put money into bitcoin you must have organised yourself very well and do all the preliminaris very well, such as keeping your emergency funds. Mind you emergency funds is very important, so it's not something you refer to as the so called emergency funds according to your statement. It's just like someone building an up stair with the wrong foundation, the building will surely collapse. If you are into bitcoin for long which is expected of you, you have to take emergency funds serious if you don't there is no way you will ever succeed in your holding. If you are well prepared on your bitcoin accumulation journey, by making all necessary provisions available for the beginning, you will notice that holding bitcoin is not as difficult as my people makes it sound.
Wether they take quick profits or not Bitcoin still remains, it's all by choice and how we view from our perspective, each investor knows what's suitable and good for him because the needed funds used to invest was raised by him, despite all these happening, we only just advise investors to purchase/ keep on purchasing Bitcoin, restrain from selling and continue to hold for the long run in order to maximize the profits and store this wealth for a longer time.

Emergency funds are compulsory units in the process of accumulating Bitcoin that should not be neglected, life is full of unforseen circumstances that may come either at the appropriate time when funds is surplus or not, during this point in time a persons emergency funds will step in to resolve that issue instead of altering one's investment portfolio just to solve the need.
Activity: 966
Merit: 340
April 23, 2024, 04:39:16 AM
Many got afraid for thinking that this is already the peak but they forgot to realize that what they said their intention here is to hold for long term. If they are afraid to buy now then this mean that they are not really prepared to hold bitcoin for long term since what they are seeing its current value and they afraid to see a dump since it will affect them so bad. Maybe those people are for trading so maybe for that they should follow their guts rather than gaining a lot of stress for thinking on everything they are not sure especially on their goals. And comeback later on their plan to hold once they learn on how to execute their plan to hold for long term.

Also people need to know that there's nothing wrong to take a profit at this current situation since its normal for investor to take something when they need it. What's important is there's still a balance left so they would not missed another good opportunity that they could able to earn once same good situation will happen and bitcoin price would pump again then reach for another new ATH.
This is only natural because Bitcoin's movement has been quite drastic in the last few months without any deep correction, so there is a fear of entering (buying) at this time.

If we already believe it will be different from people who still have a lot of calculations and of course everyone has different speculations.

Personally, I don't care about the continued increase because I believe that in the long term holding Bitcoin will be a big enough profit that I will continue to make purchases if I have the money without caring about high prices like now.
Since bitcoin is a long-term investment, waiting to see if it will dip below this current price before we can accumulate it is a bad investment move. No one can buy the bottom. And since we are not selling our bitcoin in the next 4 years, it is good that we keep on accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy so that it will help us accumulate bitcoin when it is increasing and decreasing, and we will not have to wait for bitcoin to dip before we can accumulate it.

What dip they are waiting? To many scenarios happening in the market and maybe they can't spot the right timing they are waiting. If they are really going after for long term investment then I guess waiting is not a big deal here. Much really better if they can buy at the moment since they are not for short term their main intention is supposed to be for long term that's why this people should not only look for short term result since since they have set long term goals either another 4 or 8 year cycle on bitcoin. The main goal is to have balance for that time span so once we achieve to reach that target year then we are happy earning all the efforts on accumulation with bitcoin. Those people who wait for dips before they accumulate most likely will fail on their plans and cannot execute to hodl since they might get afraid on some situation since they don't want to lose their money.
Activity: 280
Merit: 159
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 23, 2024, 04:07:58 AM
Many got afraid for thinking that this is already the peak but they forgot to realize that what they said their intention here is to hold for long term. If they are afraid to buy now then this mean that they are not really prepared to hold bitcoin for long term since what they are seeing its current value and they afraid to see a dump since it will affect them so bad. Maybe those people are for trading so maybe for that they should follow their guts rather than gaining a lot of stress for thinking on everything they are not sure especially on their goals. And comeback later on their plan to hold once they learn on how to execute their plan to hold for long term.

This is only natural because Bitcoin's movement has been quite drastic in the last few months without any deep correction, so there is a fear of entering (buying) at this time.

If we already believe it will be different from people who still have a lot of calculations and of course everyone has different speculations.

Personally, I don't care about the continued increase because I believe that in the long term holding Bitcoin will be a big enough profit that I will continue to make purchases if I have the money without caring about high prices like now.
Since bitcoin is a long-term investment, waiting to see if it will dip below this current price before we can accumulate it is a bad investment move. No one can buy the bottom. And since we are not selling our bitcoin in the next 4 years, it is good that we keep on accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy so that it will help us accumulate bitcoin when it is increasing and decreasing, and we will not have to wait for bitcoin to dip before we can accumulate it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 84
April 23, 2024, 03:58:54 AM
Your statement shows that someone just wants to take profit from his bitcoin investment just because the person feels like taking profit to sort himself out. This is why it is important not to invest all your money in bitcoin so that you will have enough money to take care of your financial needs any time they arise, and not to sell part of your bitcoin investment to sort yourself out. 

Actually many may miss out some things that seems hidden on this aspect of investment by going into profit taken because one need it, I believe allot of information and knowledge on how this long term holding and basically the DCA we mostly in concerned with work, for any investor to rush in taking profit because it deem it necessary base on challenges to solve other responsibilities might have some side impact because one would have set out this so called emergency fund before now reason because even the so called profit has it way of adding to your accumulation as you practice the Long term cutting it off is another way if reducing the acculturation it would have amounted at the end of the period I think this knowledge might seem hidden to investor who is so eager for profit withdrawal.
Any person who is so eager in taking profit from Bitcoin is not a serious investor and shouldn't think he or will see anything meaningful. As an investor before you put money into bitcoin you must have organised yourself very well and do all the preliminaris very well, such as keeping your emergency funds. Mind you emergency funds is very important, so it's not something you refer to as the so called emergency funds according to your statement. It's just like someone building an up stair with the wrong foundation, the building will surely collapse. If you are into bitcoin for long which is expected of you, you have to take emergency funds serious if you don't there is no way you will ever succeed in your holding. If you are well prepared on your bitcoin accumulation journey, by making all necessary provisions available for the beginning, you will notice that holding bitcoin is not as difficult as my people makes it sound.
the truth is that the majority of people that are talking about taking out there profit whenever they are able to see a little top up in there holding haven't really decided that they are ready for long term investment and have probably not figured out what it takes to invest in the long run and so anything to them looks like a good profit that should quickly be leveraged on. If you're yet to figure your financial life out and you're still looking for quick means to earn money or double your income, you wouldn't be able to invest for the long term and it would be very deficult to manage your emotions whenever you're in profit as it will most likely seem like the little profit you've been able to get from investing with that little amount will help you fix your life's issues after all.

Outside of setting out emergency funds and proper accumilation plan that will help you DCA long enough to have had a good portfolio, you should necessarily ensure that your primary source of income is intact and that you you're able to upscale in getting more income from your business or work if it will be possible so you can possibly increase the allocation that goes into your routine DCA and also factor out l how much will go into your emergency funds so instead of thinking about taking quick profit from your holding and in the process reducing the quantity of your stack, you can decide to dig your hands into your emergency to fixing whatever it is that comes up as a reason to taking out part of your holdings.

And again, while it's still not a good idea to tamper with our emergency funds when we're in situations that pushes us to do so, it's even better you tamper with your emergency funds than visiting your Bitcoin whenever you have a need to fix and this is one reason why you should also make good provisions for emergency funds such that it will be good enough to meet up the needs that might come along when way while still at your accumulation stage.
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
April 23, 2024, 02:54:53 AM

Activity: 560
Merit: 286
April 22, 2024, 07:49:57 PM
You know most of these newbies investors don't really know much when it comes to bitcoin and altcoins. Some of these people depends on what people they see as experienced people tell them to do. This thing is common among the female newbie investors. I have come across many and they practically don't know anything and there are people out there taking advantage of such newbies who are willing to invest on any coins that are shilled to them. As a newbie who doesn't know the difference between bitcoin and altcoins, and you are surrounded by altcoins investors, you will think that altcoins is all there is out there. At this point if they tell that newbie investor that the altcoin is the bitcoin the person will believe and invest without knowing the difference and be thinking he/she has invested in bitcoin. Not everyone out there is knowledgeable like me and you

Well I will say the reason why such newbies are easily manipulated are due to the fact that they lack the habit to do their own personal research. Before jumping into any form of investment, just as they say you don't need any complex knowledge before investing in Bitcoin, just having the basic knowledge one is good to go in his Bitcoin accumulation journey.

But if one lack such habit of always researching before taken any action, he or she may endup encounting a shitcoiner that will do a great job in misleading them investing wrongly into the wrong projects. So those that have the privilege to see the beauty of Bitcoin should use such privilege for their good and favour by taken action in accumulating and  investing in Bitcoin While holding some fiat that will serve as an emergency funds.
Research is always important in every area of life we find ourselves in, because it is through research that we can be able to find the truth and set ourselves free. If a new investor is guided by someone only interested in investing in shitcoin, that new investor will also be investing in shitcoin because he or she was never taught about bitcoin. But if the investor can do his research, he or she will find out that bitcoin is a real asset to invest in. For newbies, they should do their research to also see the reasons why it is not good to invest in shitcoin.

Generally, shitcoins cannot stay in the market for a long time, and if you invest in a shit platform, you must invest at a high price and the market will end up dumping in a short period of time. If your investment shrinks and you cannot sell at a profit, the first condition, and the second condition is that you cannot identify a reliable way from the market. The third week is when Shitcoin plays enough to destroy the investor. There are many other factors that you will find in ShitCoin.

But you notice that Bitcoin is the most trusted coin to survive for a long time, it will survive for many generations to come. So investing in bitcoins is definitely low risk, and it is the best way to invest, the more you invest, the more bitcoins you can collect.
April 22, 2024, 05:39:36 PM
You know most of these newbies investors don't really know much when it comes to bitcoin and altcoins. Some of these people depends on what people they see as experienced people tell them to do. This thing is common among the female newbie investors. I have come across many and they practically don't know anything and there are people out there taking advantage of such newbies who are willing to invest on any coins that are shilled to them. As a newbie who doesn't know the difference between bitcoin and altcoins, and you are surrounded by altcoins investors, you will think that altcoins is all there is out there. At this point if they tell that newbie investor that the altcoin is the bitcoin the person will believe and invest without knowing the difference and be thinking he/she has invested in bitcoin. Not everyone out there is knowledgeable like me and you

Well I will say the reason why such newbies are easily manipulated are due to the fact that they lack the habit to do their own personal research. Before jumping into any form of investment, just as they say you don't need any complex knowledge before investing in Bitcoin, just having the basic knowledge one is good to go in his Bitcoin accumulation journey.

But if one lack such habit of always researching before taken any action, he or she may endup encounting a shitcoiner that will do a great job in misleading them investing wrongly into the wrong projects. So those that have the privilege to see the beauty of Bitcoin should use such privilege for their good and favour by taken action in accumulating and  investing in Bitcoin While holding some fiat that will serve as an emergency funds.
Research is always important in every area of life we find ourselves in, because it is through research that we can be able to find the truth and set ourselves free. If a new investor is guided by someone only interested in investing in shitcoin, that new investor will also be investing in shitcoin because he or she was never taught about bitcoin. But if the investor can do his research, he or she will find out that bitcoin is a real asset to invest in. For newbies, they should do their research to also see the reasons why it is not good to invest in shitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
April 22, 2024, 03:44:42 PM
Many newbies even thought that it's a deflationary currency, not a fixed-supply and currently still a inflationary currency that halves the inflation every four years.

The newbies who "got disappointed" because nothing happened immediately after the halving, should learn the hard way. - That by selling at the current price "in disappointment", they will FOMO again during a surge to $100,000 giving them less units in Bitcoin.
Halving is often associated with a surprise price that will increase many times over and that is the dream of Bitcoin holders, not just beginners but everyone. If you look at 2022 when bitcoin falls to $15k and in 2024 it rises to $73k of course the increase has already occurred many times over and they have to measure it to be a definite comparison in what they expect.

In this halving it may be a little unique because at the time of the halving we were hit by war between Iran and Israel but the price of Bitcoin was still strong enough to stay at $60k so my assumption is that when the war ends we will see a lot of money going into BTC which will make the price Bitcoin will rise again and continue to print a new ATH.

Holding is an action that must be maintained, therefore do not cash out if there is no urgent need for our living needs.

HODL seems to mostly apply to when you have run out of money to buy more.  If the BTC price is dipping or just staying flat, then it seems that there should be some additional emphasis upon continuing to buy.. just continue to buy until you have enough or more than enough.. and ONLY you will know when you reached such a point in terms of your own individual factors.. and if you are thinking in terms of long term, then that should help to guide you regarding whether you have "enough" or more than enough.

Getting to fuck you status need not be the ONLY measure, and there are other ways to measure in terms of likely your having gotten to a spot that you have multiples of years of income into BTC, then you are on the right path of getting to fuck you status, even though there can be some controversy regarding how many years you need.. under traditional systems, you would need around 25-ish years of income, yet I am currently thinking that in the ballpark of 12 years of income in bitcoin (using the 200-WMA as your value measurement), may well be enough to reach entry-level fuck you status.   Guys who have been in bitcoin for a while have to make these measures for themselves, and hope that they are able to calculate how much is enough and/or the extent to which there can start to be some moves away from strict BTC accumulation.. .. even though surely in the first several years in bitcoin strict BTC accumulation (such as in a practice of aggressive DCA) likely would be the route forward for an overwhelming number of normies and even if their circumstances may well vary, DCA should still fit into any such newbie approach.. whether rich or poor... even though rich have other options that may or may not be as good as DCA... but that's another story.

Also people need to know that there's nothing wrong to take a profit at this current situation since its normal for investor to take something when they need it.

You are talking about trading not investing, and deviating from the topic of this thread which surely should be focused on building your holdings, and you don't build your holdings by selling... .. yeah, sure there might be scenarios in which you have over-accumulated, yet that also is not the topic of this thread..

Not only is taking profits the language of a trader, there is a bit of a presumption that it is good to go from bitcoin to dollars and if dollars is the profits that we need to be in..   

I am not going to deny that it is NOT healthy to be 100% bitcoin, so sometimes we have to be careful in regards to making sure that we hold enough dollars for our expenses and so that we never run out of dollars for our expenses and perhaps to be able have those dollars to be able to buy more bitcoin from time to time, but most folks are likely under-allocated to bitcoin and in this thread, we are talking about ways to build up your bitcoin allocation.

What's important is there's still a balance left so they would not missed another good opportunity that they could able to earn once same good situation will happen and bitcoin price would pump again then reach for another new ATH.

yeah, never sell all of your bitcoin, but it is even more ridiculous to be talking about these here current prices as if they might be tops..

In my opinion the price of BTC will continue to rise based on current demand and not just past experience - I wouldn't be at all surprised if the price touches $100k in the next 3 months as BTC market depth suggests this is positive. No investor can be tempted to sell BTC in this market.

Yeah, sure BTC prices might touch $100k in the next 3 months. .and maybe that shows that it might be better to be buying now, if you are able to buy now, rather than having to buy when the BTC prices are in the $100k territories.

Sure.. it could tell us to accumulate more and not to sell, and surely it is better to attempt to be ahead of these kinds of points so that you are not feeling desperate during times in which the BTC price is bouncing within ranges that are historically low.

We cannot completely know what to do, even though we can attempt to try to use history to our advantage, and hope that we are not choosing wrong in terms of how much we are investing or if we choose to change our level of aggressiveness based on any of the moving average indicators, including the 200-WMA.  
That's the main thing I want to know that what to do in the period when spot price goes below 200-WMA. It's good time to accumulate Bitcoins rather to sell. If you see past price of Bitcoins then in the long run spot price always recovers no matter how much down it goes.

You still have to attempt to budget, since there is no guarantee that the BTC price is going to end up coming back.

Sure, the odds might be low that the BTC price might not ever recover, but the odds are not zero, so you have to temper your own investment into bitcoin and to balance your cashflow, and if you were already convinced about bitcoin, you might not have any extra money when the BTC price ended up dipping below the 200-WMA because you had already been investing aggressive and/or overly aggressive prior to the BTC price even dropping below the 200-WMA, so part of the reason that it is difficult to know is partly based on your own situation, and if you had been accumulating all along then why would you have extra dollars merely because the BTC price happens to be down. 

Sure, you could have some extra dollars coming in during times like that, so you can use much if not most of those extra dollars to buy BTC, yet many times when the BTC prices are very low, there might also be other things going on in which you don't have a lot of extra cash, and whether or not you earn extra cash or there might be some places in which you could draw some extra cash may or may not be possible or you might not be willing to do it.  It frequently can be difficult to get into a position in which you obviously have a lot of cash available during those kinds of times, even if you may well recognize them as great opportunities to buy, each of us also have our limits in terms of how much cash we are able to conjur up.

So based on past price of Bitcoin we must not get worry even if price of Bitcoin is going below 200-WMA.

You should be able to have some confidence, but it still remains up to you regarding how much conviction that you have and no one is going to save you if you end up estimating wrong in terms of how you choose to balance your own cashflows.  You are also going to be the one who is going to have to suffer if you make the wrong balancing choices.

June 2022 to October 2023, I think that's the same duration when price of Bitcoin goes below 20k and just imagine if somebody has bought BTC at that price then how much profit he is having right now.

Also imagine that you are talking like a trader who tries to time the bottoms and the tops, and yeah a guy might be investing $100 per week, and then during June 2022 to October 2023, he might increase his weekly buys to $200 per week... so yeah, he will be more profitable, but it still takes a long time to build wealth.

There might have been some folks who just heard about bitcoin during that time, yet I doubt that they were backing up the truck and buying bitcoin, many of those newbies were waiting for the BTC price to go to $12k rather than buying in the $16k to $20k prices, or alternatively they waited until the BTC price went higher.. Even though some folks try to talk about how they are killing it, yet normal people do not tend to have abilities to invest like that, and even a newbie to bitcoin, might decide to divide his investment amount into three parts of DCA, lump sum and buying on dips.. so he may or may not go all in with the amount that he decides that he has available, and there is nothing wrong with that, especially if we are thinking and investing like an investor rather than like a trader... and if we are investing 4-10 years or longer, then it may not make a lot of difference if we have several buys that are spread out between $16k and $30k, which can be part of the challenge for anyone establishing their initial stake in an investment like BTC.

Even if you look at Saylor, he has been buying BTC for nearly 4 years, and sure maybe he is starting to feel like he has a decent stake in bitcoin, although he cannot help himself in terms of his using financial instruments to leverage his bitcoin investment... and even normal people could take several years to establish their BTC position, even if they might not be as aggressive as Saylor, but they still could be somewhat aggressive in getting a stake into BTC, but still take a decent amount of time to establish their stake.. 1-2 years or even more might not be unusual.. Of course, I could give some examples, but we have already gone through several different kinds of examples where a guy might take time to establish his position and use lump sum, DCA and buying on dips to accomplish such BTC position establishing practices.

That seems to be the correct conclusion, so long as bitcoin continues to perform.. and surely we have a lot of craziness in recent times with what seems to be ongoing attacks on the ability of normal folks to use bitcoin for transacting, and including the ongoing flow of money into the bitcoin spot ETFs.    It is hard to say how much bitcoin's reputation and investment case can get damaged when so much money seems to be getting put into crappy aspects that are questionable whether anyone is making money in such process of keeping the onchain fees so persistently high, so it is costing those inscription/ordinal generating folks a lot of money to keep using the bitocoin blockchain in such way that increased just a couple of days ago at the time of the halvening with the introduction of Runes... .. so many folks are still watching how long the fees are going to stay so high and will there still be opportunities for the blockchain to be used for relatively normal transactions.. as I had many times been mentioning to members that they need to be careful in terms of their generating smaller UTXOs that might come unusable during times like this.. and so then there is either a need to wait until the fees come back down (and surely they should), or maybe figuring out other ways to transact with bitcoin, which might be acceptable, yet less preferable if many of us are forced into having to use solutions that overly rely upon 3rd parties in the custody or transacting of our coins..
As far as ETF thing is concerned, its not something new. Whenever there is something new people rush after that. Remember 2017 ICOs?

ETFs are not the same thing as ICOs. 

You are getting distracted into shitcoins. 

Fuck shitcoins.

Or maybe you were referring to my comment about runes and the BTC blockchain getting filled?

With the runes thing, there may be some similarities to ICOs, and surely there could be some of the same folks working bitcoin to try to make some money and/or otherwise creating hype, but there are differences as well... so yeah, similarities and differences, and I would be careful to attempt to say that "it is just like ICOs" because then you likely are just getting some kind of a superficial interpretation regarding what is happening.

There was huge money going into ICO and after that we have IEOs then come NFTs and so on. Right now its ETF era and it's normal that people will rush after that. Let's just wait and see how long it lasts.

Oh gawd.. your analysis sucks.

We have the runes thing on bitcoin that are surely like adding shitcoins to bitcoin, and it may or may not last, but it is interfering with abilities of normal people to transact on bitcoin.

and we also have the BTC spot ETFs that are creating additional demand for BTC, and those are opening up channels to most likely longer term investors, but those investors do not hold their BTC, instead the ETF providers hold the BTC...

But both is going on at the same time and they have some affects that differ from each other in terms of having some ideas why folks are involved in them, but there is also some convenience in terms of causing transaction fees to go up, which might cause more folks to want to buy ETFs or to use third party services rather than for individuals to directly hold their own BTC (UTXOs).

There are many folks around who are investing in ETFs but I am one of few who is least interested in this ETF stuff.

There are some folks, institutions and/or governments who would have never been ready, wiling and/or able to invest into bitcoin directly, so the ETF provides an onramp to bitcoin that had not previously been available to certain kinds of investors to get exposure to bitcoin.

I believe that simple Bitcoin investment is better then going for ETFs.

Sure, direct bitcoin ownership is more powerful and better than owning ETFs because you do not own your own UTXOs, and in many ways ETFs seem to have perverting effects on the power of BTC and BTC's incentives and also including what makes bitcoin valuable is the ability to own it directly.  So yeah there are some tensions in regards to the existence of the ETFs, but there is no way of really stopping ETFs from happening and for people to use them, whether they end up being a kind of attack on bitcoin might be another story, yet at the same time, they are pumping bitcoin and they are even telling us that they have plans to pump bitcoin more and more and  more, so they would prefer NOT to have to tell us about their pumping of bitcoin, but in several senses, those companies have disclosure requirements.. so there is good and bad and hopefully, people are still building on bitcoin's being able to be used and held directly since those investment vehicles are not really using bitcoin in a lot of the self-sovereignty ways that bitcoin remains powerful.

[edited out]
You know many people are easily carried away when it comes to investing in Bitcoin, they just get in without proper planning and when challenges of life hits, they start selling their Bitcoin to settle them. This is not how to hold Bitcoin for long as it will only keep depleting the already purchased assets. I have been in this situation before, where I have to sell my Bitcoin for something little funds would have solved should I had made provision for emergency funds. Naturally, I don't like borrowing, so when those issues came up, I had to sell my Bitcoin.

Now I have learnt how to add the concept of emergency funds which now make it easy for me to solve such problems without resorting to selling my Bitcoin. I think everyone who want to hold Bitcoin better and for long period of time must work out a way of investing such that their is always emergency funds kept for such needs. 

Exactly.. keep an emergency fund that hopefully you will never have to ever touch (except for an actual emergency), and then you have a float and reserve funds that would be available to you and what you would draw from prior to having to touch your emergency funds... so if you have various shortages in cash then you would exhaust your reserve funds and float prior to touching your emergency funds, and if you get to a point in which you are exhausting your reserve funds and float, then you better already be trying to take measures so that you don't have to dip into your emergency funds... which surely should be pretty extreme circumstances before you ever have to touch them, since you should not want to be dipping into your emergency funds, and then an actual real emergency comes, and you have already been fucking around with dipping into your emergency fund... and then you have nothing left to draw from and so the next thing comes dipping into your BTC at a time that was likely not of your own choosing.
Activity: 252
Merit: 157
April 22, 2024, 03:43:07 PM

There shouldn't be any fear of buying Bitcoin at anytime if the person understand the importance of investing on Bitcoin, I no that each investors is entitled to their investment decisions but using the current state of Bitcoin to determine if they will invest now or not is totally not advisable and also I wonder why most persons allow speculation to influence their mindset of investing on Bitcoin at this time because at first there was a rumor or rather speculation about the possibility of Bitcoin making some corrections after creating the new ATH which affected the mindset of most investors of waiting for the correction before buying and funny enough till now we have not really seen any serious correction on Bitcoin, so perhaps this is to show that people should keep accumulating Bitcoin and stop waiting for dip before buying.
Activity: 294
Merit: 172
April 22, 2024, 01:58:09 PM
You know many people are easily carried away when it comes to investing in Bitcoin, they just get in without proper planning and when challenges of life hits, they start selling their Bitcoin to settle them. This is not how to hold Bitcoin for long as it will only keep depleting the already purchased assets. I have been in this situation before, where I have to sell my Bitcoin for something little funds would have solved should I had made provision for emergency funds. Naturally, I don't like borrowing, so when those issues came up, I had to sell my Bitcoin.

Now I have learnt how to add the concept of emergency funds which now make it easy for me to solve such problems without resorting to selling my Bitcoin. I think everyone who want to hold Bitcoin better and for long period of time must work out a way of investing such that their is always emergency funds kept for such needs. 
Activity: 630
Merit: 195
April 22, 2024, 01:40:24 PM
Sure.. it could tell us to accumulate more and not to sell, and surely it is better to attempt to be ahead of these kinds of points so that you are not feeling desperate during times in which the BTC price is bouncing within ranges that are historically low.

We cannot completely know what to do, even though we can attempt to try to use history to our advantage, and hope that we are not choosing wrong in terms of how much we are investing or if we choose to change our level of aggressiveness based on any of the moving average indicators, including the 200-WMA.  

That's the main thing I want to know that what to do in the period when spot price goes below 200-WMA. It's good time to accumulate Bitcoins rather to sell. If you see past price of Bitcoins then in the long run spot price always recovers no matter how much down it goes. So based on past price of Bitcoin we must not get worry even if price of Bitcoin is going below 200-WMA.
June 2022 to October 2023, I think that's the same duration when price of Bitcoin goes below 20k and just imagine if somebody has bought BTC at that price then how much profit he is having right now.

That seems to be the correct conclusion, so long as bitcoin continues to perform.. and surely we have a lot of craziness in recent times with what seems to be ongoing attacks on the ability of normal folks to use bitcoin for transacting, and including the ongoing flow of money into the bitcoin spot ETFs.    It is hard to say how much bitcoin's reputation and investment case can get damaged when so much money seems to be getting put into crappy aspects that are questionable whether anyone is making money in such process of keeping the onchain fees so persistently high, so it is costing those inscription/ordinal generating folks a lot of money to keep using the bitocoin blockchain in such way that increased just a couple of days ago at the time of the halvening with the introduction of Runes... .. so many folks are still watching how long the fees are going to stay so high and will there still be opportunities for the blockchain to be used for relatively normal transactions.. as I had many times been mentioning to members that they need to be careful in terms of their generating smaller UTXOs that might come unusable during times like this.. and so then there is either a need to wait until the fees come back down (and surely they should), or maybe figuring out other ways to transact with bitcoin, which might be acceptable, yet less preferable if many of us are forced into having to use solutions that overly rely upon 3rd parties in the custody or transacting of our coins..

As far as ETF thing is concerned, its not something new. Whenever there is something new people rush after that. Remember 2017 ICOs? There was huge money going into ICO and after that we have IEOs then come NFTs and so on. Right now its ETF era and it's normal that people will rush after that. Let's just wait and see how long it lasts.
There are many folks around who are investing in ETFs but I am one of few who is least interested in this ETF stuff. I believe that simple Bitcoin investment is better then going for ETFs.
Activity: 182
Merit: 24
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
April 22, 2024, 01:01:38 PM

April 22, 2024, 09:35:32 AM
Activity: 154
Merit: 84
April 22, 2024, 09:09:37 AM

Interesting conversation here. Even looking at the charts it's difficult to time the market for buys and sells which is why it is not advisable to sit and time the market because we may never get to catch the market at the right tip. At least it's easy to say that we should have bought Bitcoin since the price went down 10% - 15% below the ATH, but we should try to think into the future. Image the price has dropped a little bit now how do we know if it's not going lower than it is now or has started going higher since the halving has ended? Let's take instances from the last bull run, almost everyone thought 70k was going to hit 100k and stop there. Unfortunately, most persons were caught out of the ride when it started dropping almost to 60k then they switched minds thinking it was a temporary dip and that will go back up within that week so they lost more. What am trying to say is even the most experienced investor lost profits more often. This is why it's always good to not follow the market the way it looks, a minor dip might end up being a bullish trend afterward. Holding long is the only solution now. Timing the market is a bad idea!

that's definitely a wrong mentality that wouldn't allow you HODL long enough to get into a good profit margin. No doubt, it's your investment and you have every right to take your profit or opt out whenever you feel okay to doing so but if you're after getting the best out of your investment, you should understand that you don't just take profit out of your investment because you're in profit. Just so you know, if you're hoping to accumulate Bitcoin for up to a period of four to ten years, there will be several instances when you will be in a comfortable profit region and will still have to keep accumilating more Bitcoin because you know that you've not reached your accumulation goal.

How do you expect to have a good quantity of Bitcoin in your portfolio if you keep taking out profit at every time you're in profit? Even if you intend buying back at the dip like what you're trying to suggest, what's the probability that you won't buy for an higher amount than what you've sold part of your holding for and that if you have to wait for Bitcoin to dip below the amount you sold your holding that such kind of scenario will ever happen? For those that have past thier accumilation stage and have probably reached the level where they are very comfortable with there investment, maybe taking part of thier profit to fix real life shit that will help them live a more comfortable life wouldn't be a big deal but for the average person out here that's yet to get his portfolio ina good shape, selling is never an option. You know of the saying that, there is a time for everything, a time to plant and a time for harvest. If you're harvesting when you ought to be planting and maybe you feel like you can decide to harvest part and allow others to grow, when the real time for harvest finally comes, you will to your regret find out that you have little or nothing left to harvest.
April 22, 2024, 08:30:39 AM
Bitcoin is going to be a good opportunity right now, those who are considering to invest in Bitcoin should invest now. Because maybe he may not get such an opportunity. If you want to hope for the best, your goal should be to hold for the long term, not to sell. Those who are pro-bitcoin investors, hold their posts until they get a reasonable amount, and their goal is not to sell or focus more on the value of bitcoin. Only they can achieve something good in the future. DCA is the best strategy to build a good portfolio in Bitcoin. All those successful investors have invested using the DCA method.

If you have basic knowledge about Bitcoin, you just need to deposit Bitcoin using DCA method. And slowly learn about Bitcoin and focus more on holding.
It is so funny to see people not willing to buy bitcoin when the price is low but when the price of bitcoin is increasing they have this strong urge to buy just because bitcoin price is increasing.
Do you carry out any surveys to know that people are not willing to buy bitcoin when the price is low? So many people have been accumulating bitcoin both when the price was high and low, and they didn't let anyone know because they didn't want to draw unnecessary attention to themselves. Anyone who already knows about bitcoin and has a good income source that will allow him or her to start accumulating bitcoin but chooses to accumulate bitcoin when the price is at its peak doesn't know anything about bitcoin. The person is only investing in bitcoin because of FOMO. But those who are accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy and don't have enough money to buy the dip will never buy bitcoin, even though bitcoin is low, because they are accumulating bitcoin with a principle that will guide them in accumulating bitcoin without selling their bitcoin to survive, which is to accumulate bitcoin in the period when money for the DCA strategy is ready, so they will not temper with their reserved fund to buy the dip. For someone to be consistent in accumulating bitcoin when the price is low, they must be financially okay. They can buy 1 bitcoin with a lump sum, but they choose to accumulate bitcoin with the DCA strategy and buy the dip. Buying the dip is not mandatory. What is important is to choose the strategy that will suit your financial strength to accumulate bitcoin and be able to hold it for the long term.
Activity: 742
Merit: 170
April 22, 2024, 08:29:08 AM
At this particular point, I really don't think it's logical to be timing the market now because as an investor that we are, our primary concern now should have been how much Bitcoin can we accumulate,
Agree with you. We have to believe that the demand for Bitcoin is gradually increasing but we are able to hold our position?. Can we hold bitcoin according to our expectation? Even if bitcoin is 100k or more, if we don't have bitcoins in our bag, it's no use learning more about bitcoins. I think what we should do as a holder is to collect bitcoins regardless of the price of bitcoins. If the morale of a long-term holding can be increased and Bitcoin can be accumulated accordingly, then surely Bitcoin can become an asset at some point. More or less if it can be collected regularly then the amount of Bitcoin will increase regardless of the increase or decrease in the price of Bitcoin. And for this, the most useful technique DCA will make that goal easier to implement.
Activity: 812
Merit: 252
April 22, 2024, 08:27:08 AM

Activity: 140
Merit: 92
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 22, 2024, 07:41:18 AM
Quote from: Barikui1 [/quote

At this particular point, I really don't think it's logical to be timing the market now because as an investor that we are, our primary concern now should have been how much Bitcoin can we accumulate, so as not to be left behind? So if we decide to be timing the market, it's a complete waste of time, because the bull run can start anytime and you will start feeling regret for not buying and accumulating now that is the best time to buy, so in order not to be in that kind of space, it's best we utilize this opportunity by accumulating more Bitcoin through the DCA method regardless of the current price now, because the amount of Bitcoin in your possession will definitely define how profitable you are going be, during the bull season, and another thing we should not forget is, we should only be thinking long term, because it's only a long term holder will definitely reap the full dividend of his or her holdings.
It can be so funny how people tend to make purchases on seeing Bitcoin making an upwards trends rather than buying more aggressively without over doing it when it is in a dip, in my opinion I have considered such people to be pretty much indecisive as regards to what they believe about Bitcoin. However, self conviction and believe has an important role to play in the life of every investors in accordance to their Bitcoin investment journey.
Quote from: Taskford link=topic=51[tt
[/tt]32720.msg63977665#msg63977665 date=1713781964]

In as much as we aren't discussion much about taken profit, let us not forget in a hurry that there are categories of investors in the market, those who are far gone or probably in their maintenance level and those that are still low coiners, what am trying to say is that the low coiners investors is expected not have anything doing as regards to taken profits by selling part of their investment rather there most concern should be how to maximize every opportunity that shows it's self in the market by buying even aggressively without over doing it in order to have a sizeable worth of Bitcoin. While those that are already far gone in their accumulation yeah can sell part of their investment if they want, in order to put their body and soul together Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes as they watch their investment.

Pages:
Jump to: