Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 509. (Read 108087 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 22, 2021, 09:40:56 AM
There were actual people who thought the internet was “just a passing fad”, like there are people who currently believe that Bitcoin is merely “Tulip Mania 2.0”.

How many years should the Bitcoin network be running before the nocoiners, and the deniers accept that Bitcoin, or the concept of Bitcoin WILL NEVER GO AWAY? HOW MANY YEARS?

approximately 26.2 years.

Wink
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
February 22, 2021, 07:03:02 AM
There were actual people who thought the internet was “just a passing fad”, like there are people who currently believe that Bitcoin is merely “Tulip Mania 2.0”.

How many years should the Bitcoin network be running before the nocoiners, and the deniers accept that Bitcoin, or the concept of Bitcoin WILL NEVER GO AWAY? HOW MANY YEARS?
legendary
February 20, 2021, 07:22:14 AM
Buying every dip and hold is a simple strategy it sounds very simple but we also need to be careful to select the good coin to buy and hold. Because some of the people loss on buying a coin that turn into shit coin in a long run. I think it is better to buy bitcoin and ethereum beause it is a good and amazing coin. But for now we need to wait on the price of bitcoin and ethereum to fall so that we can buy more and hold because btc and eth today is very high price and i think that is risky to buy.

Fuck ethereum.

These principles do not apply to ethereum.
Activity: 949
Merit: 48
February 20, 2021, 06:52:44 AM
Buying every dip and hold is a simple strategy it sounds very simple but we also need to be careful to select the good coin to buy and hold. Because some of the people loss on buying a coin that turn into shit coin in a long run. I think it is better to buy bitcoin and ethereum beause it is a good and amazing coin. But for now we need to wait on the price of bitcoin and ethereum to fall so that we can buy more and hold because btc and eth today is very high price and i think that is risky to buy.
legendary
February 19, 2021, 06:17:07 AM

BITCOIN WILL NEVER TRADE BELOW $50,000 AGAIN! Cool

I like the idea... but surely I have my doubts.. but hey, it could happen, even though I would assign a pretty low probability to such a scenario.. maybe less than 20%.. but what do I know?

I was merely reliving May - July 2020 situation, and hoping that the trolls come in and laugh at me everytime Bitcoin corrects below $50,000.

BUT, I believe they won’t be laughing, because the trolls ALSO BELIEVE that Bitcoin is on a path of price discovery towards 6 digits. Hahaha.

O.k.... I guess I am kind of getting what you had said, and so we just have differing ways of framing the matter and probably differing assignments of some of the probabilities to various scenarios that could end up playing out, but likely NOT too far apart in some of our ultimate considerations.. including that likely neither of us had not failed/refused to adequately pee pare our lil selfies for UPpity by either holding onto our coins and surely not selling too many too soon.. so there is those kinds of bonding points that we share... hahahahahaha  #nohomo..

Cool
legendary
February 19, 2021, 02:26:43 AM
I have seen many Bitcoiners post on Twitter that they expect to surge fast to $100,000 after Bitcoin breached $50,000.
These are mostly the same people who were also saying recently that price will "surge" down to $10k when it dropped a little when it was stuck behind one of these resistances such as $50k itself that are now the strong buy support.

In any case I don't think we are going to see the big surges that some people were hyping, it is too soon for them. Those big surges will come near the end of the bull run when price is closer to $500k.

If you guys are expecting bitcoin to go above $50k and then just get stuck above $50k as a kind of support.

Bitcoin no doesn't work like dat.

Either it goes up or down, it does not just get stuck (especially at the top of a range).. .so we will see what happens next.  I already said that I expect that the greatest possible scenario is for BTC to go from breaking above $50k to a range of about $58k to $62.5k.. and then perhaps correct or perhaps not.  But hey, even a greatest possible scenario may only have a small chance of occurring if weighed against various other possible scenarios.. but anyhow.. that is my sense.. and yeah, BTC prices could correct 25% or more from here or they could shoot past $62.5k to some number short of $100k and of course the shooting straight to $100k does also remain a possible scenario, but does not seem to have very high odds.. even though it probably has better odds than correcting below $20k... so there is that comparison of possible scenarios, too.

Another thing is that any price performance remains both a product of quantity of movement and also placing a time frame upon such movements if they were to happen.  Lots of UPpity price pressures that could carry us through the whole weekend,  unless such UPpity price pressures stop.  Gotta cover both directions.. with flat being amongst the least of likely scenarios.. like I already suggested in the second line of this response.

I believe the “range” will be $48,000 - $52,000, with Bitcoiners proudly announcing that “Bitcoin will not trade below $50,000 again”, BUT it WILL trade below $50,000 again, with nocoiners and big blockers laughing with jest.

It’s $10,000 all over again, I tell you. The $10,000 before it surged to $20,000. Where will The Last Laugh will come from? Cool

If anything, if you are trying to make a comparison to bitcoin's 2017 price performance, $50k seems to be acting more like a parallel to $3k rather than a parallel to $10k.. but whatever you can believe whatever you are going to believe.  

I think I already said enough on the topic for now.. especially regarding BTC getting stuck at a top of a price range (which does not really happen), and we will see how BTC price dynamics play out in the coming weeks or months.

I was trying to make a comparison to Bitcoin’s 2020 price performance, from May to July.

That's even worse, Wind_FURY.... hahahahahahaha

You are going down hill in your comparisons.. at least from my perspective, whatever that's worth?

It was going above and below $10,000, with the big blockers, nocoiners, and trolls laughing at anyone who said that, “Bitcoin will never be below $10,000 again”. Who is laughing now?

Well that part makes sense.. because sometimes the down hope-ers and those "waiting" to buy for lower prices frequently will over-wait and continue to expect a correction that does not end up happening.. and now many are saying to say good bye to sub $20k and others are saying say good bye to sub $30k and even going so far as suggesting to say good bye to sub $40k... and so, the lackenings of significant and meaningful corrections do cause some to worry that they might not be able to buy lower and others to rejoice.. maybe prematurely, but who knows? 

So, yeah, I surely am included in the group who appreciates seeing some of the fence sitters or the bitcoin naysayers left behind and even those who sold too much too soon.. leave those fucks behind, too... they may well be valuing too much in fiat, and so they can keep their fiat profits, and so in that sense, it is nice to NOT see any kind of correction so those kinds of folks can just suffer from their lack of holding onto enough BTC to pee pare their lil selfies for the possibility of UPpity, that seems to have happened and continuing to happen with or without their buying back in..

I like the idea... but surely I have my doubts.. but hey, it could happen, even though I would assign a pretty low probability to such a scenario.. maybe less than 20%.. but what do I know?

O.k.... I guess I am kind of getting what you had said, and so we just have differing ways of framing the matter and probably differing assignments of some of the probabilities to various scenarios that could end up playing out, but likely NOT too far apart in some of our ultimate considerations.. including that likely neither of us had not failed/refused to adequately pee pare our lil selfies for UPpity by either holding onto our coins and surely not selling too many too soon.. so there is those kinds of bonding points that we share... hahahahahaha  #nohomo..
legendary
February 19, 2021, 02:11:30 AM
I have seen many Bitcoiners post on Twitter that they expect to surge fast to $100,000 after Bitcoin breached $50,000.
These are mostly the same people who were also saying recently that price will "surge" down to $10k when it dropped a little when it was stuck behind one of these resistances such as $50k itself that are now the strong buy support.

In any case I don't think we are going to see the big surges that some people were hyping, it is too soon for them. Those big surges will come near the end of the bull run when price is closer to $500k.

If you guys are expecting bitcoin to go above $50k and then just get stuck above $50k as a kind of support.

Either it goes up or down, it does not just get stuck (especially at the top of a range).. .so we will see what happens next.  I already said that I expect that the greatest possible scenario is for BTC to go from breaking above $50k to a range of about $58k to $62.5k.. and then perhaps correct or perhaps not.  But hey, even a greatest possible scenario may only have a small chance of occurring if weighed against various other possible scenarios.. but anyhow.. that is my sense.. and yeah, BTC prices could correct 25% or more from here or they could shoot past $62.5k to some number short of $100k and of course the shooting straight to $100k does also remain a possible scenario, but does not seem to have very high odds.. even though it probably has better odds than correcting below $20k... so there is that comparison of possible scenarios, too.

Another thing is that any price performance remains both a product of quantity of movement and also placing a time frame upon such movements if they were to happen.  Lots of UPpity price pressures that could carry us through the whole weekend,  unless such UPpity price pressures stop.  Gotta cover both directions.. with flat being amongst the least of likely scenarios.. like I already suggested in the second line of this response.

I believe the “range” will be $48,000 - $52,000, with Bitcoiners proudly announcing that “Bitcoin will not trade below $50,000 again”, BUT it WILL trade below $50,000 again, with nocoiners and big blockers laughing with jest.

It’s $10,000 all over again, I tell you. The $10,000 before it surged to $20,000. Where will The Last Laugh will come from? Cool

If anything, if you are trying to make a comparison to bitcoin's 2017 price performance, $50k seems to be acting more like a parallel to $3k rather than a parallel to $10k.. but whatever you can believe whatever you are going to believe.  

I think I already said enough on the topic for now.. especially regarding BTC getting stuck at a top of a price range (which does not really happen), and we will see how BTC price dynamics play out in the coming weeks or months.

I was trying to make a comparison to Bitcoin’s 2020 price performance, from May to July. It was going above and below $10,000, with the big blockers, nocoiners, and trolls laughing at anyone who said that, “Bitcoin will never be below $10,000 again”. Who is laughing now?

legendary
February 18, 2021, 11:11:33 AM

Either it goes up or down, it does not just get stuck (especially at the top of a range).. .so we will see what happens next.  I already said that I expect that the greatest possible scenario is for BTC to go from breaking above $50k to a range of about $58k to $62.5k.. and then perhaps correct or perhaps not.  But hey, even a greatest possible scenario may only have a small chance of occurring if weighed against various other possible scenarios.. but anyhow.. that is my sense.. and yeah, BTC prices could correct 25% or more from here or they could shoot past $62.5k to some number short of $100k and of course the shooting straight to $100k does also remain a possible scenario, but does not seem to have very high odds.. even though it probably has better odds than correcting below $20k... so there is that comparison of possible scenarios, too.

Another thing is that any price performance remains both a product of quantity of movement and also placing a time frame upon such movements if they were to happen.  Lots of UPpity price pressures that could carry us through the whole weekend,  unless such UPpity price pressures stop.  Gotta cover both directions.. with flat being amongst the least of likely scenarios.. like I already suggested in the second line of this response.

legendary
February 18, 2021, 07:01:26 AM

Either it goes up or down, it does not just get stuck (especially at the top of a range).. .so we will see what happens next.  I already said that I expect that the greatest possible scenario is for BTC to go from breaking above $50k to a range of about $58k to $62.5k.. and then perhaps correct or perhaps not.  But hey, even a greatest possible scenario may only have a small chance of occurring if weighed against various other possible scenarios.. but anyhow.. that is my sense.. and yeah, BTC prices could correct 25% or more from here or they could shoot past $62.5k to some number short of $100k and of course the shooting straight to $100k does also remain a possible scenario, but does not seem to have very high odds.. even though it probably has better odds than correcting below $20k... so there is that comparison of possible scenarios, too.

Another thing is that any price performance remains both a product of quantity of movement and also placing a time frame upon such movements if they were to happen.  Lots of UPpity price pressures that could carry us through the whole weekend,  unless such UPpity price pressures stop.  Gotta cover both directions.. with flat being amongst the least of likely scenarios.. like I already suggested in the second line of this response.

legendary
February 18, 2021, 01:42:15 AM
It's closer to 100K now than it is to 1K! Wink
Probably now bitcoin is bought by companies and not by regular housewives... Although I've always wondered - why everyone needs expensive bitcoin and not cheap? So it's easy to see the manipulation of this market...

It's pretty easy for the BTC price to double relatively quickly, but such fact that it can double quickly does not mean that it will, so I don't claim to know what is going to happen, or if the buying pressure is running out... time will tell, I suppose.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 674
God, save BTC!
February 18, 2021, 01:37:05 AM
It's closer to 100K now than it is to 1K! Wink
Probably now bitcoin is bought by companies and not by regular housewives... Although I've always wondered - why everyone needs expensive bitcoin and not cheap? So it's easy to see the manipulation of this market...
legendary
February 18, 2021, 01:32:45 AM

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
February 18, 2021, 01:18:26 AM

legendary
February 18, 2021, 01:06:09 AM
I have seen many Bitcoiners post on Twitter that they expect to surge fast to $100,000 after Bitcoin breached $50,000. I don't believe it. $50,000 will be the new $10,000 with the price going above and below that point, and with nocoiners having a new narrative of, "Who buys Bitcoin priced at $50,000". HODL!

legendary
February 18, 2021, 12:12:09 AM
But price is out of our hand.

Of course, price is out of our hands, but does not mean that we should not attempt to create and follow a strategy to do our best given our limited information about what the price is going to do exactly.  One of the underlying presumptions of my approach is having almost no clue about the short term BTC price direction, even though I presume that in the longer term, especially 4 years plus that the BTC price is going to be higher than whatever the BTC price had been 4 years earlier.. even there is no guarantee with that either.. so maybe even having a longer time horizon in terms of considering feeling some assurance that the BTC price is going to be higher helps to establish and to maintain an ongoing investing strategy that plans to accumulate BTC for the long term and thereafter to maintain once accumulation goals are reached.

For me, it is really hard to buy bitcoin, ethereum at this moment because price is so high.

Fuck ethereum.  Go talk about that shit somewhere else.  This thread does not necessarily presume ethereum to be in the same camp as bitcoin or even fucking close.. so these principles do not necessarily apply to such a piece of vaporware smoke and mirrors hype crap such as ethereum.

In regards to bitcoin, there have always been perceptions that the price is high, especially when it is in an exponential UPpity period of price performance, but that should not necessarily change your strategy to it nor your plan and practices to continue to accumulate.  Of course, opinions are going to differ in this respect, but in my thinking and even my own historical practices, I had aimed to reach my accumulation goals, and sure it can be better to buy on dips, but if you cannot really determine or even know how much a dip is going to be or if there is going to be a dip, then you likely still need to allocate a certain amount of your cashflow to just buying regularly and stop being so worried about if you might end up negative for a certain amount of time so long as you may well be prepared to continue to buy on dips, too.. if (and when) they happen.

But I will wait for next dip to buy more.

Sure.. that's your choice.. Let's say that you come upon an extra $1.2k that you did not expect to have so you are willing to invest all of that into bitcoin. Personally, I would recommend dividing that extra $1.2k into three parts (which would be $400 each).   1) buy right away with 1/3, 2) plug 1/3 into your hopefully already established DCA strategy and 3) plug 1/3 into your buying on dip strategy.  That's my own framework to suggest anyone to consider who considers themselves to be in a BTC accumulation phase and has not yet hit their BTC accumulation targets.

It is true, right now what matters is Bitcoin, ETH and any other alternative will always depend on Bitcoin, the way you recommend using that $ 1.2k made me remember from the book when Livermore, a big speculator of the stock market, around the 1800s, I would if I was in the Bitcoin market, I would only buy Bitcoin, perhaps the alts for Short and gain from its falls while Bitcoin would continue to rise in price. ... although he often took 50% of the profits to enjoy that money, be it on vacation or something similar with his family.

Well, in part I picked $1.2k because it is pretty easy to divide in 3 (or even to divide in other quantities if someone wanted to consider some other ways of dividing it).  Also, it seems to be a realistic amount of some quantity of money that a person might find themselves having "extra" but then again, even with a modest amount, such as $1.2k, the amounts start to seem really small when they are plugged into a formula that recommends an initial dividing into 3 parts.  Some people might only come across an extra $300, and if they try to get involved with various shitcoins, as well as bitcoin, then they are going to be diluting their bitcoin investment, but hey peeps are going to do what they are going to do, and really focusing on bitcoin, at least in the early days, does help to reach the accumulation goals more quickly or at least to start to feel, at some point, that a meaningful stake in bitcoin is starting to become established.. and sure the more that a meaningful stake is established, then at least the person will start to feel some empowerment and perhaps even some flexibility to alter the initial strategy that may have ONLY been focusing on bitcoin and maybe to consider some other allocations or diversifications (after having had gotten decently more established in king daddy).
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1873
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
February 18, 2021, 12:01:27 AM

Of course, price is out of our hands, but does not mean that we should not attempt to create and follow a strategy to do our best given our limited information about what the price is going to do exactly.  One of the underlying presumptions of my approach is having almost no clue about the short term BTC price direction, even though I presume that in the longer term, especially 4 years plus that the BTC price is going to be higher than whatever the BTC price had been 4 years earlier.. even there is no guarantee with that either.. so maybe even having a longer time horizon in terms of considering feeling some assurance that the BTC price is going to be higher helps to establish and to maintain an ongoing investing strategy that plans to accumulate BTC for the long term and thereafter to maintain once accumulation goals are reached.

For me, it is really hard to buy bitcoin, ethereum at this moment because price is so high.

Fuck ethereum.  Go talk about that shit somewhere else.  This thread does not necessarily presume ethereum to be in the same camp as bitcoin or even fucking close.. so these principles do not necessarily apply to such a piece of vaporware smoke and mirrors hype crap such as ethereum.

In regards to bitcoin, there have always been perceptions that the price is high, especially when it is in an exponential UPpity period of price performance, but that should not necessarily change your strategy to it nor your plan and practices to continue to accumulate.  Of course, opinions are going to differ in this respect, but in my thinking and even my own historical practices, I had aimed to reach my accumulation goals, and sure it can be better to buy on dips, but if you cannot really determine or even know how much a dip is going to be or if there is going to be a dip, then you likely still need to allocate a certain amount of your cashflow to just buying regularly and stop being so worried about if you might end up negative for a certain amount of time so long as you may well be prepared to continue to buy on dips, too.. if (and when) they happen.

Sure.. that's your choice.. Let's say that you come upon an extra $1.2k that you did not expect to have so you are willing to invest all of that into bitcoin. Personally, I would recommend dividing that extra $1.2k into three parts (which would be $400 each).   1) buy right away with 1/3, 2) plug 1/3 into your hopefully already established DCA strategy and 3) plug 1/3 into your buying on dip strategy.  That's my own framework to suggest anyone to consider who considers themselves to be in a BTC accumulation phase and has not yet hit their BTC accumulation targets.

It is true, right now what matters is Bitcoin, ETH and any other alternative will always depend on Bitcoin, the way you recommend using that $ 1.2k made me remember from the book when Livermore, a big speculator of the stock market, around the 1800s, I would if I was in the Bitcoin market, I would only buy Bitcoin, perhaps the alts for Short and gain from its falls while Bitcoin would continue to rise in price. ... although he often took 50% of the profits to enjoy that money, be it on vacation or something similar with his family.
legendary
February 17, 2021, 09:03:31 PM
But price is out of our hand. For me, it is really hard to buy bitcoin, ethereum at this moment because price is so high. But I will wait for next dip to buy more.
this month if you don't buy Bitcoin you can regret it, because the rumors that the price of Bitcoin this month is over $ 50k,
and we know that Fomo has come, look at the market now and you will know the answer, that the price is over $ 50k ,
Buy now, and sell before the correction comes next month.

Huh?  You seem a bit out of touch with the theme of this thread CapGelatik...

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
February 17, 2021, 06:38:47 PM
Say hello to the Schiffs. Hahahaha.
~~
It’s Gold that never “eventually hit” $5,000.

Plus I believe I have some of my friends, and family who are secretly angry at me for discouraging them to buy Bitcoin. You were right JayJuanGee!
These guys would just eventually have thought in mind that they're wrong and they had underestimated bitcoin and just like other traditional investors/big names out there.
Look at on what happened now? There would be some sudden change of words and insights for this Bitcoin milestone that even the entire community didnt even anticipated to happen.
Lucky for those who do able to get in early and feeling of regrets that do have doubted while its still cheap. Bitcoin never fails to impress and surprise us.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 100
Combo Network
February 17, 2021, 04:15:10 PM
But price is out of our hand. For me, it is really hard to buy bitcoin, ethereum at this moment because price is so high. But I will wait for next dip to buy more.
this month if you don't buy Bitcoin you can regret it, because the rumors that the price of Bitcoin this month is over $ 50k,
and we know that Fomo has come, look at the market now and you will know the answer, that the price is over $ 50k ,
Buy now, and sell before the correction comes next month.
legendary
February 17, 2021, 02:43:46 PM

Jump to: