Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying Alts with ETH or BTC - page 2. (Read 1122 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 1
August 30, 2018, 03:34:58 AM
i think using etherium more flexible than bitcoin, cause i see many ico project did mention etherium first then bitcoin for paying methode.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
August 30, 2018, 03:32:42 AM
Now it is better to buy altcoin for you, but beware of the potential pennies, as there are a lot of poor quality coins and they will always fall down over time.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 30, 2018, 03:30:46 AM
I believe bitcoin fluctuates less than Eth, so if you're just looking for a coin to trade with alts, it should be BTC. But, I guess you could take a chance with Eth too.

However I find that when Eth fluctuates wildly, the alt eth prices fluctuate wildly too. So there's really no benefit in trying to game the system thinking you can get a better eth price just because you're buying/selling in eth.

I agree with your insights rwgarding some Altcoins depends on how Ethereum fluctuates and the Eth depends on Bitcoin as well and that is what had happened and that is how everything works in this cryptocurrency industry. Though all these things depends on our own preferrences and of course our desire in choosing something that makes us comfortable and safe more importantly in terms of investments.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
August 30, 2018, 03:19:34 AM
It seems to me that it is more profitable to sell altcoins for Ethereum, because eth will soon switch to pos mining and due to this its price will shoot.
Activity: 264
Merit: 0
August 30, 2018, 03:15:10 AM
A very tight situation you are but personally if am to advice I will advice you to hold on to your ethereum and BTC because the many ALT coins around now make it difficult for one to know the good ones from the bad ones. So I believe it is better to hold on to the ethereum and BTC that you are sure they are real and not fake rather than investing in what you don't know about. But if you must invest in ALT coin then do well to read about it very well so as to be sure of its authenticity.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
August 30, 2018, 02:57:54 AM
It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

Buy BTC first, it is the main thing. The next you should go for is Ethereum or maybe Ripple (but mainly ETH)… you can even exchange any coin for another with ShapeShift. You can visit ShapeShift.com to exchange one coin to another—for example BTC to ETH or ETH to XRP. Some wallets even have got the ShapeShiftfeature so you can do the swap from there.
Activity: 980
Merit: 256
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
August 29, 2018, 12:35:47 PM
These days eth has performed poorly in the market despite its usages in many ico projects but bitcoin is still doing very well even in this bear market.So buying altcoins with btc will give anyone a lot of coins to take home than using eth. Bitcoin is now the way to go. I will rather use bitcoin to trade these days and not eth.
The best option is still Bitcoin because Bitcoin is the king of this market and can decide for the existence of Cryptocurrency. Personally, I only choose BTC to trade and not use ETH because I believe that ETH is just altcoin and is experiencing a lot of issues in recent trading volume.
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
August 29, 2018, 12:32:55 PM
That doesn't really make any difference. Before it used to be like that BTC has higher fees than ETH. But now ETH fees has come as par to BTC and so does the transaction time. So, decide whether to trade with which coin according to the volume of the coin in ETH or BTC which ever is more. All the DEX have ETH pairs, so you will need ETH in that case. Choose according to the requirement.
Activity: 294
August 29, 2018, 12:30:45 PM
It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

I think this moment it's better for investment for the BTC and the some outcomes which have a very stable price and the potential at this moment. The market value is a very deep. I think when the crypto market increased the value again, it's will bring you a big profit.
Agree with this one just use BTC to buy some altcoins and if you had ETH in your portfolio just hold on to it because if you are planning for long term here for sure you will make a big profits.
Activity: 185
August 29, 2018, 12:29:27 PM

Any suggestions?

I think this moment it's better for investment for the BTC and the some outcomes which have a very stable price and the potential at this moment. The market value is a very deep. I think when the crypto market increased the value again, it's will bring you a big profit.
Activity: 364
August 29, 2018, 12:06:11 PM
You should use eth to buy alt and I think its very good decision for you. If you are using king coin then its not a good idea for now. In my opinion, rather using eth will give you a good amount which you give you a good return and a good profit for now and king coin should be held for the future.
If you use the king coin then the time came you left nothing in your hand to make the profit so have some patience about this matter and use the others coins and ICOs which you have in your hand and just left the BTC as a treasure.
Activity: 224
August 25, 2018, 07:39:23 PM
I think that now we need to wait until the market stops falling and then to analyze altcoins. because I think that investing in altcoins will bring more profit.
Activity: 276
BitSong is decentralized music streaming platform.
August 25, 2018, 07:27:01 PM
USD. I buy all altcoins exclusively to USD.
For me, this is the most convenient way to buy and control your portfolio...
Activity: 112
August 24, 2018, 08:53:52 AM
These days eth has performed poorly in the market despite its usages in many ico projects but bitcoin is still doing very well even in this bear market.So buying altcoins with btc will give anyone a lot of coins to take home than using eth. Bitcoin is now the way to go. I will rather use bitcoin to trade these days and not eth.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
August 24, 2018, 08:47:39 AM
my advice is better to buy with Bitcoin, because the price of btc is still easier to move up and down than etherum. So with the BTC stock that you have, you will definitely get more of the alt you want

Do it but do not exchange all of your Bitcoins. You need to have some BTC in your wallet. Trade altcoins now when you see you can get some profit and do not touch Bitcoin - wait for the time when it starts rising.
Activity: 320
Merit: 17
free space pm if interessed
August 23, 2018, 03:27:02 PM
i think it pays to hold bitcoin because its value can vary too much in a short time and eventually use eth to buy altcoins, eth also is very variable but its values do not change so much as the bitcoin
Activity: 25
August 23, 2018, 01:21:57 PM
I would prefer to hold BTC and use ETH to buy altcoins. But ETH is also good, so buying altcoin with money I think why not, ETH and BTC are just to be hold
Activity: 56
August 23, 2018, 12:30:30 PM
I think buying for both is very good and both are safe, but I prioritize Ethereum. Because many ico use the ETH platform, so this will cause a lot of demand and very rapid development.
Activity: 150
August 23, 2018, 12:28:25 PM
Its up to ou what you HODL. Either buying alts from BTC or ETH is the same way, it just the matter of trading to gain more profit.
Activity: 378
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
August 23, 2018, 12:22:01 PM
I prefer to buy using ETH, because the ETH fee is so small that I can easily send the ETH I have to the exchange and buy altcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: