Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying Alts with ETH or BTC - page 8. (Read 1122 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 101
March 23, 2018, 02:07:03 AM
It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

If I have spare fiat now, I will purchase altcoins directly.
If you have to go bitcoin or ethereum before altcoins, buying either one makes no difference.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
March 22, 2018, 08:22:17 AM
It depends on how fast and cheap transactions are at any particular time. Lately bitcoin transactions have been faster and cheaper than usual. Both ETH and BTC are good for trading or settlement.

Bitcoin's transaction speed has been greatly improved indeed, but now we're seeing Ethereum struggling from time to time.
Through blocktivity.info you can see how much load there is on the network of any given coin and ETH is running at 100% capacity.

I really do hope that these issues will be solved over time.
Activity: 286
Merit: 3
March 22, 2018, 08:14:39 AM
It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

BTC should be the first priority. Bitcoin is the safest cryptocurrency for investment because it has the biggest market cap among all of the cryptocurrencies that exist.
Always the first priority. I really have only tried trading Ethereum pair once just to increase my Ethereum holding, but at the end if we are to face it, virtually all altcoins including Ethereum are in one way or the other subject to bitcoin, so I just prefer trading bitcoin pairs instead to increase my bitcoin position. Nevertheless, it all depends on the person in question, and what he has chosen to trade with.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
March 19, 2018, 04:55:35 PM
No matter what kind of altcoin do you buy the importance is that you engage in investment ,we are in this world of cryptos whatever you prefer to invest that is still good , the goal is that to grow you money in investing in either crypto currency , invest in ETH is good , but bitcoin is still the best to invest.
Activity: 136
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 04:41:17 PM
It's depending on you and in which exchange do you want to buying and selling because some exchanges support only bitcoin and some exchanges support both of bitcoin and altcoins and some exchanges support only Ethereum like Etherdelta.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
March 19, 2018, 02:00:33 PM
I believe bitcoin fluctuates less than Eth, so if you're just looking for a coin to trade with alts, it should be BTC. But, I guess you could take a chance with Eth too.

However I find that when Eth fluctuates wildly, the alt eth prices fluctuate wildly too. So there's really no benefit in trying to game the system thinking you can get a better eth price just because you're buying/selling in eth.
You can always take a chance with every pair but that will be applicable to someone who knows how to trade and I am sure the OP may not be in that shoe. But why stress myself anyway since I eventually still trade ETH against BTC and BTC being the legacy coin, which virtually 100% of other altcoins are traded with, then I do not see why U should choose ETH pair over BTC pair.

As long as OP is buying the alts to hold, what differs? However, if he is a trader and he is trying to trade a specific pair based on the reaction to it and whether it is acting bullish on that pair or bearish, then he can decide to go ahead with any of them, at the end though, it is all about the decision and what he was holding to buy those pairs but it does not really change anything. For instance, an altcoin may be acting bullish on Ethereum but not on bitcoin, so it all depends on skills of smart trade.
Activity: 177
March 19, 2018, 01:12:51 AM

You can buy bitcoins now, at the prevailing market prices and you will have good deal, they are cheaply available due to the red zone but this wont last long.buying altcoins is a gamble for now, i suggest you don't venture so much into them
Activity: 457
Chainjoes.com
March 19, 2018, 01:06:46 AM

Any suggestions?

for now, buy btc because its price is low, dont buy any other altcoins now, because once the price of bitcoin starts to rise, all altcoins are going down, you must buy BTC for now.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
March 19, 2018, 12:55:28 AM
all the coins have the risk of fluctuation and it is an obstacle for people who don't want to take the risk. between the two coins, it chooses which has potential could be coins that will go up to the high price of current prices and also adjust the also with the capital you have. bitcoin is nice to take precedence but the ethereum sometimes also gave a surprise.
Activity: 239
Merit: 4
AUTOBAY | Buy Your First Car With Cryptocurrency |
March 19, 2018, 12:49:30 AM

Any suggestions?

between Ethereum and Bitcoin to be the first coin as a business opener, better Ethereum. because Ethereum gives us a fairly affordable price. and Ethereum is also a good coin and has a stable market level.
Activity: 200
Merit: 10
March 19, 2018, 12:16:40 AM

If it is a long-term investment, I think ETH or BTC are both very good to buy, especially while the price of BTC and ETH are very low as now. And if I choose, I will choose ETH, because the price of ETH is much lower than BTC, lower transaction costs, faster transaction speed, besides ETH also bring stability and promise It will be very developed in the near future. Buying and keeping ETH I believe it will bring you profits.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
March 19, 2018, 12:16:39 AM

Any suggestions?

for those of you who are new to Crypto world, it would be nice to try first on the other Altcoin. because their prices are easier and can also train you to run a business in Cryptocurrency. so if there is a loss you are not too burdened with small capital.
Activity: 484
March 19, 2018, 12:05:54 AM
Trade with pair altcoin/BTC is better than other like alt/alt or alt/fiat. Just remember Bitcoin price when you buy some altcoins, with this strat you can earn more satoshis. You must have a target when your BTC will be sold with fiat pair.
Activity: 91
March 18, 2018, 11:55:01 PM
It’s better option to invest in bitcoins as compared to ETH as bitcoin is the safest and trusted currency among all the crypto currencies. Also, the fluctuation is less in case of bitcoins.
Activity: 350
March 18, 2018, 04:59:08 AM

Any suggestions?

What I would usually do, is to grab certain price movements and essentially normalize them using the percentage of the base currency during the same time interval.
Activity: 168
March 18, 2018, 04:58:25 AM
It depends on how fast and cheap transactions are at any particular time. Lately bitcoin transactions have been faster and cheaper than usual. Both ETH and BTC are good for trading or settlement.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
The Exchange for EOS Community
March 18, 2018, 04:54:29 AM
For me, it's better to hold on these cryptocurrencies as their market price are getting lower and lower each day. If you have them in your portfolio, hodl them. If you want to buy alt coins since the market is bleeding, then try another alternatives to get some of your prospective alts.
Activity: 165
Merit: 1
HI : HEALTH
March 18, 2018, 04:53:58 AM

Any suggestions?

Hi, to my mind, the problem is that both ETH and BTC are highly speculative.  I am using ETH to buy IOTA
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
March 18, 2018, 04:37:31 AM
In my suggestion buy more ethereum and bitcoin because the market is down. Later on it will go back to normal.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
March 18, 2018, 04:36:59 AM

Any suggestions?

During huge dump time, altcoins are losing value compared to eth or bitcoin.
I have been converting my bitcoin into altcoins since last week.
But I am not sure if I made the right decision.
Pages:
Jump to: