Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying Alts with ETH or BTC - page 7. (Read 1122 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 0
May 15, 2018, 07:49:44 AM
I prefer buying alts with the use of Ethereum because the gas fees are way way lower compared to the transaction fees of Bitcoin. Still, I think Bitcoin's transaction is now faster and cheaper all thanks to the Lightning Network. I'm using Coins to send to exchanges and ICOs. I now prefer sending Ethereum instead of Bitcoin but depending on the exchange, sometimes I still use Bitcoin as a base when the exchange that has the alt I'm buying only accepts Bitcoin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
May 15, 2018, 07:45:22 AM
I prefer to buy altcoins with ethereum because the fees for buying with ethereum seem to be cheaper than when you are buying coins with bitcoins. And I'm glad that now a lot more coins are offering trading pairs with ethereum. It is also good to hold onto some of your ethereum and use bitcoin for some purchases but mostly I like to use ethereum instead of bitcoin
Activity: 182
Merit: 6
May 15, 2018, 07:21:17 AM
It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

buying altcoin is up to you if I think it's better you buy altcoin with your money because Ethereum is now experiencing an increase and you better sell it and you will benefit but in bitcoin it's better to invest but if you sell your ETH and buy with profit it you can too
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 15, 2018, 06:36:35 AM
It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

It is a good time to buy altcoin with Bitcoin  and Ethereum last March because the market is in red state. But you have to keep Bitcoin and and Ethereum for long term hold. Don't make a mistake that you buy it with all altcoins because if Ethereum and Bitcoin pumps up you will regret it.

At this point i still consider ether to be an alt since there's few places where you can directly buy eth compared to btc. I keep quite a lot of both for my general portfolio but i buy alts to hold using btc. Obviously because i earn more btc than eth.
Activity: 644
May 15, 2018, 06:26:57 AM

Any suggestions?

It is a good time to buy altcoin with Bitcoin  and Ethereum last March because the market is in red state. But you have to keep Bitcoin and and Ethereum for long term hold. Don't make a mistake that you buy it with all altcoins because if Ethereum and Bitcoin pumps up you will regret it.
Activity: 749
Merit: 507
May 13, 2018, 11:18:41 AM
Usually both trading pairs have decent volume on exchanges. If you use a decentralized exchange you have to use Ethereum. But if you use Binance, Kucoin or something like that you can trade with Bitcoin. There is no big difference.
Don't forget to check coin prices and compare between both pairs though.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
May 13, 2018, 11:13:05 AM

Any suggestions?

maybe you can buy altcoin with your money because now that I see the price of altcoin in the recovery period and that way you can invest your altcoin in a promising project and can survive for the future because now you will be confused with the price of ETH and BTC are kept up and down
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
May 12, 2018, 10:06:41 AM

Any suggestions?

Actually, it does not matter. Naturally, most of the ICOs today prefer taking Ethereum but many of them deal with Bitcoin as well. it is certainly up to you, which of the cryptocurrencies you'd want to use.
Activity: 100
May 12, 2018, 03:42:22 AM

Any suggestions?

I think you should buy ETH only, eth price is now down a lot and that is your chance to buy it. If smart play ETH trading also results can exceed the results of BTC.
Activity: 84
May 12, 2018, 03:38:06 AM
I prefer ETH
Activity: 42
May 12, 2018, 03:35:49 AM
Yes, Ethereum is a very interesting coin for investment, despite some manipulation, coins are growing so I choose it
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
May 10, 2018, 08:09:39 AM
I prefer Bitcoin because bitcoin is the mother of altcoin and also Bitcoin is the biggest market cap among cryptocurrency.
Activity: 31
May 10, 2018, 07:16:38 AM
I doubt very much in your words that ETH will continue to fall. I do not think it is necessary to transfer all of my savings to the BTC. You can buy it, but you definitely need to hold ETH it in the portfolio.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
May 09, 2018, 04:40:11 AM

Any suggestions?

Then you must prioritized the bitcoin. We know that the bitcoin is the most trusted and safest among the all cryptocurrency for the investment because we know that is the leading in the market.but it is your choice even i suggest or recommend my opinion if you can't follow my suggestion there's nothing do with my suggestion.

Bitcoin is a leader i know that, buying altcoin with bitcoin like you said also very good because bitcoin is the most trusted coin nowdays in cryptocurremcy.
But it does not mean bitcoin is the only trusted one since many other that also has small fee and faster like etherium. So i prefer etherium

Anything you use to buy alternative coins, you should better research first with the coin you gonna buy,
Yes! dont make any decision because of the hype and FUD over the social media.
Investing in any alternative coins now is good, but you need to consider the going up trend of ETH and BTC in the market.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 10:42:26 AM
I can say bitcoin very reliable very stable do not think ethereum will suffer in the same way with these coins. you will not regret it if you invest
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
April 04, 2018, 11:47:10 PM

Any suggestions?

Then you must prioritized the bitcoin. We know that the bitcoin is the most trusted and safest among the all cryptocurrency for the investment because we know that is the leading in the market.but it is your choice even i suggest or recommend my opinion if you can't follow my suggestion there's nothing do with my suggestion.

Bitcoin is a leader i know that, buying altcoin with bitcoin like you said also very good because bitcoin is the most trusted coin nowdays in cryptocurremcy.
But it does not mean bitcoin is the only trusted one since many other that also has small fee and faster like etherium. So i prefer etherium
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
April 04, 2018, 11:42:52 PM

Any suggestions?

I would go with Eth or even LTC or anything where the exchange fee is minimal.  Paying 30+ dollars for simply sending bitcoin from one place to another is really bad.  They say when the lightning network comes out that sending fees will be greatly reduced.  Until then we should all really be using alts for alts wherever possible while saving the precious BTC.
copper member
Activity: 44
Global CPQ - Enterprise Blockchain CPQ
April 04, 2018, 11:42:46 PM
If I understand the question correctly, my recommendation is to hold BTC and use ETH like a money market account for buying and selling Altoins.  I feel this is better than buying BTC just to sell it for Altcoins because it takes longer for BTC transactions to process.
Activity: 686
April 04, 2018, 11:39:17 PM

Any suggestions?

My suggestion is buy with BTC. Bitcoin is really volatile. But if you know how to play games on this kind of bearish market. You can earn some profits. Try the scalping method, try to buy on every dips and sell it when you are already happy or already have profits. I prefer to choose those undervalued altcoins.
Right now that kind of trading technique is very risky, the market is in a really bad shape every time we think we're going to see a small recovery the price goes down once again and it seems the price is ready to test some new lows, so to try to buy and sell in such a way is almost guaranteed to give you losses in the short term, the best strategy is to buy some bitcoin and hold it for a long time.
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
March 29, 2018, 02:01:04 PM
You should see Bitcoin or Ethereum, which is the best base currency for buying particular altcoin and also which have more volumes of trade. Then you will decide from which currency you should buy altcoin. Because both currencies have good potential to grow.
But from both coins, i think Bitcoin is best option for buying altcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: