Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying Alts with ETH or BTC - page 3. (Read 1122 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 100
August 23, 2018, 12:11:31 PM
buying with bitcoin or ethereum seems the same its good, even though the number of coins can be different, but the value is the same. but there is no harm in seeing the sales volume, if the coin has a large sales volume on ethereum, just buy it using ethereum, because usually so we get coins faster with the price we want.
Activity: 144
Merit: 0
August 23, 2018, 11:56:05 AM
These two are good for buying altcoins. 99% crypto workers are buying altcoins using BTC and ETH. But personally, I'm using ETH for buying altcoins. That's very easy for me. It thinks ETH better than BTC for me because of its transaction very fast, safe and low feeses. So every time I will try to use ETH for buying altcoins.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
August 23, 2018, 11:49:08 AM
Thread is months old now, and take a look at how your portfolio would have performed had you done one thing or the other.  I did not glance at the charts for eth or btc, but my off the cuff guesstimation is that you would have done better had you just purchased bitcoin and held it.  Back in march, ethereum was much higher than it is now, iirc.  Many other coins were the same way, and the market was in a period of explosive, yet unsustainable, growth.  A mini bubble, if you will.

If you keep questioning what you should do like this, you will never make a trade.  No one here can really say whether you should buy bitcoin and then eth or anything like that, because no one knows what is going to happen in the future as far as prices go.  If you're a trader, just do one thing or the other and then trade when you're in the black.  My own personal style of investing is buy and hold so these questions are pretty irrelevant.  More investors should adopt that strategy, but to each his own.
Activity: 518
August 23, 2018, 11:41:23 AM
It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

I would prefer that you bought the altcoins with your eth and keep your btc safe. I have found it a better experience using my ethereum to buy altcoins and late if I want more eth then I just convert some btc to eth. The reason for this is that btc is more valuable than eth and if anything happens and the market ends up bulling, trust me, you are going to want to have some bitcoin.
Activity: 168
August 23, 2018, 12:39:41 AM
While the market price value on Ethereum coin are still dropping to $280,i prefer to but Ethereum than Bitcoin because i see good profit in it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 1
August 23, 2018, 12:30:22 AM
I think I should buy altcoin with ETH because the price of ETH is less fluctuating than BTC. In addition, ETH also has a lower withdrawal cost and is faster than BTC so I always choose ETH in trading pairs.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
August 23, 2018, 12:10:54 AM
If you look at the price in the recent weeks then you'll see that bitcoin is the most stable compared to eth and other crypto which lost a lot of their value so it is better to hold bitcoin and buy alts using eth. Ethereum value decrease a lot because there's a lot of project that sold their eth to safeguard their project fund.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
August 23, 2018, 12:02:47 AM
It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

I think you need to hold your eth and btc for long term. If you really want to buy some other coins, you can put more money into the marekt.
Activity: 198
August 22, 2018, 11:41:05 PM
I think eth is a better choice than bitcoin, because with eth you can do more. I still store a certain amount of eth in order to be able to invest.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
August 22, 2018, 11:16:00 PM
If I were you I better hold btc than eth though I always support eth but with the current situation wherein when btc pumps eth will do the same but with small amount however when btc dumps eth will dump much more. With that being said, if you will buy other alts it will be better to buy using btc but my suggestion is buy an alt for a long term hold because it is very hard to choose which is which.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
August 22, 2018, 11:10:19 PM

Any suggestions?

First check the BTC vs ETH exchange rate in coinmarketcap (there may be a 5 to 10 minute lag) and then calculate whether it is cheaper to buy the alt using BTC or ETH. If you are purchasing tokens, then buying them with ETH may be better due to high trade volumes.
Activity: 484
Merit: 101
August 22, 2018, 11:06:46 PM

Any suggestions?

I think hold all the bbtc and eth you have for long term is a better idea than other things. So I think you had better do not do any thing with btc and eth. If you have extra money, you can buy in some alts for short term trading.
Activity: 120
August 22, 2018, 11:06:25 PM
The first thing I want to say is that after some research, I came to the conclusion that the proportion of the cryptocurrency in this market is almost the same. If you want to invest, then you only need to choose the cryptocurrency you think is the best investment. Yes.
Activity: 126
August 22, 2018, 11:00:40 PM
If there is a good Alts, then I am definitely a supportive attitude. If it is only your moment of interest, then my suggestion is to consider carefully. After all, the best coins are Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Activity: 100
August 22, 2018, 10:58:36 PM

Any suggestions?

I'm a beginning trader like yourself.  My plan is now with the market in complete shambles to switch out of Bitcoin and into alts.  Once the market reaches a peak I will get out of alts and into Bitcoin.  Wash, rinse and repeat over and over. 
Activity: 2044
Merit: 109
August 22, 2018, 10:55:38 PM
my advice is better to buy with Bitcoin, because the price of btc is still easier to move up and down than etherum. So with the BTC stock that you have, you will definitely get more of the alt you want
Activity: 294
August 22, 2018, 10:49:55 PM
I think it would be better if you could buy both Bitcoint and Ethereum, there is no doubt for the second coint, because both are coints that are useful and also both cointers that have good potential for investment.
Activity: 169
Merit: 10
August 22, 2018, 10:47:39 PM
I will choose Ethereum, the reason is actually very simple that is the recent decline in Ethereum is large, so I predict the rebound of Ethereum will be large.
Activity: 101
August 22, 2018, 10:46:20 PM
In fact, all cryptocurrencies will fluctuate, not just Bitcoin and Ethereum. I think Bitcoin is the most suitable coin for people to invest in cryptocurrency. It is relatively stable and low risk. If you buy altcoin with Taifang or Bitcoin. , I suggest you continue to hold the bitcoin already owned, Ethereum can be used to buy altcoin
Activity: 110
August 22, 2018, 10:42:22 PM
I think we should buy altcoins with Bitcoin. With the current trend like that! Because Bitcoin is more common and easier to trade.
Pages:
Jump to: