Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying BFL debt. $0.10 per dollar owed. - page 10. (Read 15976 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Hindsight is 20/20...If i hadn't .... It was a long series of bad decisions ... I do feel a little for those forced to ....

So you're allowed to learn from mistakes made in haste and make a profit off of others, but if I make one, lose everything, and pay out the ass in addition to losing everything I had, I'm a scammer for life in your book?

You're a peculiar one, that's for sure.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Come on, josh. you're obviously still online. how about 350btc, 4200 units by june 1st, 2013. That gives you 4 full weeks of dicking around or whatever you've been doing for the last TEN MONTHS, 14 days of production at the 300 days you claim to be capable of, and shipping. I have an order in the xxxx3800s, i am sure others here have orders before and after me, together we will confirm whether the bet is won or lost.

Refusing this bet is admitting you won't ship at full capacity by june 1st.

I'll get the popcorn ready.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
That's what all con artist do, make shit look slick

Well, it's also what artists do, so that's not in itself any kind of indicator. But I admit that when they were actually producing and shipping (belated) FPGAs that it was easy to get caught up in the excitement. I had enough sense to refund my single back then though, because waiting 4 months for a mining device of any kind is retarded, even now with ASICs. The best investment so far in bitcoin has been holding bitcoin itself afterall.

Look at sony, they haven't even shown a picture of the PS4, and i've already got a pre-order on it. I have no doubt they'll deliver.

I bet they'd get more if there's a PS4 app for mining!

Hindsight is 20/20. If i hadn't paid 200 bitcoins for my first singles, i wouldn't be afraid of a refund. If they hadn't told me they were a week away from shipping 5 months ago, they wouldn't have gotten another order either. It was a long series of bad decisions that led us here, but this is my way of digging myself out of the hold. I do feel a little for those forced to sell to me, but in the end, everybody hurts a little and justice is served, or everybody hurts a lot, and josh and sonny sit on a beach we paid for, drinking beer we paid for, enjoying women we paid for.
Yeah, thanks for that, it's not like i wanted to win a 350 BTC bet or anything.

yea, I'll bet you 500 btc inaba wouldn't have paid anyway.

I'll take that bet! (and then back out of it later and disappear for a few months and then realize how stupid a joke it was and then pay it later anyway)

Edit: Aaaaand we've come full circle.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501

yea, I'll bet you 500 btc inaba wouldn't have paid anyway.

Well, it's also what artists do, so that's not in itself any kind of indicator. But I admit that when they were actually producing and shipping (belated) FPGAs that it was easy to get caught up in the excitement. I had enough sense to refund my single back then though, because waiting 4 months for a mining device of any kind is retarded, even now with ASICs. The best investment so far in bitcoin has been holding bitcoin itself afterall.

Look at sony, they haven't even shown a picture of the PS4, and i've already got a pre-order on it. I have no doubt they'll deliver.

I bet they'd get more if there's a PS4 app for mining!
great thread.  I think inaba got scared with my post at the top of this page.

Hell, even I'm on that page lately. It's sad too, because their concept designs were slick (speaking as a non-hardware guy) and it looked like they might actually pull Bitcoin into an era of mass consumer mining.

Instead we're being pulled into an era of mass consumer doubt.

Mass consumer mining isn't advantageous to people currently running custom hardware though.

Look at sony, they haven't even shown a picture of the PS4, and i've already got a pre-order on it. I have no doubt they'll deliver. Then again, they haven't called me an idiot or a liar lately.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
great thread.  I think inaba got scared with my post at the top of this page.

probably that or giving luke some anal, he has to pay for that hosting somehow. It takes a lot of GPU's to produce 25gh/sec, that's a lot of electricity for BFL to run Lukes miner.
April 20, 2013, 03:01:52 AM
We're totally on the same page about them being liars, crooks, and scumbags though.

Hell, even I'm on that page lately. It's sad too, because their designs were slick and it looked like they might actually pull Bitcoin into an era of mass consumer mining.

April 20, 2013, 03:01:42 AM
great thread.  I think inaba got scared with my post at the top of this page.
April 20, 2013, 03:00:13 AM
We're totally on the same page about them being liars, crooks, and scumbags though.

Hell, even I'm on that page lately. It's sad too, because their concept designs were slick (speaking as a non-hardware guy) and it looked like they might actually pull Bitcoin into an era of mass consumer mining.

April 20, 2013, 02:59:33 AM
I believe BFL will ship. Albeit 7 moths late and way off on their power/speed estimates, but they will ship.

My biggest grievance is that they are liars and continue to lie to their customers that funded their R&D.

Their biggest concern from day 1 has been to keep the preorder money flowing into their bank account.

The problem is: What is your definition of ship? Because technically they shipped a unit to Luke. Will they ship all of the orders full blown, or will they ship a few every month lol.

No, they did not "technically ship a unit to Luke." That was a BS April fools, smoke and mirrors, get our of losing all the BTC we made on our bet kind of deal.

By shipping I mean shipping their product to every customer that still has a pre-order, I actually believe they will do this.

But, of course they will be slow with shipping and not ship anywhere close to the numbers they were suggesting (400/day)... it's BFL.... It took them like 6 months+ to ship all their FPGA preorders. I'm pretty sure they have more ASIC preorders than they did FPGAs because they've been advertising like crazy since day 1. So... I'd say AT LEAST 6 months for them to make it out of their preorder backlog.

It is stated quite clearly in this thread by Josh Zerlan, COO and spokesman of Butterfly Labs, that shipping "thousands" before june 1st is out of the question, and "shipping" 5 within the next 6 weeks is reasonable.

You guys... don't get me wrong, I've been one of BFL's biggest critics for a long time.

The only difference in between me and you is I think they will ship eventually.

I agree they are liars, crooks, and scumbags. But I think they are liars, crooks, and scumbags that will eventually deliver a product.

Don't get ME wrong, i think it's possible they could ship, but i don't believe that strongly enough to ignore the other possiblity.

April 20, 2013, 02:58:47 AM
I believe BFL will ship. Albeit 7 moths late and way off on their power/speed estimates, but they will ship.

My biggest grievance is that they are liars and continue to lie to their customers that funded their R&D.

Their biggest concern from day 1 has been to keep the preorder money flowing into their bank account.

The problem is: What is your definition of ship? Because technically they shipped a unit to Luke. Will they ship all of the orders full blown, or will they ship a few every month lol.

No, they did not "technically ship a unit to Luke." That was a BS April fools, smoke and mirrors, get our of losing all the BTC we made on our bet kind of deal.

By shipping I mean shipping their product to every customer that still has a pre-order, I actually believe they will do this.

But, of course they will be slow with shipping and not ship anywhere close to the numbers they were suggesting (400/day)... it's BFL.... It took them like 6 months+ to ship all their FPGA preorders. I'm pretty sure they have more ASIC preorders than they did FPGAs because they've been advertising like crazy since day 1. So... I'd say AT LEAST 6 months for them to make it out of their preorder backlog.

Ohh wow that's why they did that, what scumbags. I knew it's not really shipping, thought it was only done to say see we shipped something lol. Dude I don't consider shipping if they will never catch up and will take them a year to process all old and new orders, that's considered a failure. It's like buying an Iphone and getting it a year later. Everyone on here needs to make forum account on BFL and post all this scumbagish information about them.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
April 20, 2013, 02:57:46 AM
You guys... don't get me wrong, I've been one of BFL's biggest critics for a long time.

The only difference in between me and you is I think they will ship eventually.

I agree they are liars, crooks, and scumbags. But I think they are liars, crooks, and scumbags that will eventually deliver a product.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
April 20, 2013, 02:55:36 AM

No, they did not "technically ship a unit to Luke." That was a BS April fools, smoke and mirrors, get out of losing all the BTC we made on our bet kind of deal.

But, of course they will be slow with shipping and not ship anywhere close to the numbers they were suggesting (400/day)... it's BFL.... It took them like 6 months+ to ship all their FPGA preorders. I'm pretty sure they have more ASIC preorders than they did FPGAs because they've been advertising like crazy since day 1. So... I'd say AT LEAST 6 months for them to make it out of their preorder backlog, probably more like 9 though.
April 20, 2013, 02:54:30 AM
Josh has gone offline, as you would expect a scammer would when confronted with facts, but i got 4 posts out of him in a single day. That is his highest number of posts per day since March 26th, 2013. Nearly 1 month ago.

Consider that, then consider my offer. I don't have a busniess card to offer, but please respect once there are 30 more out there that my offer was the first. On all the exchanges the first order in is the first order processed, but there really isn't an exchange for this type of thing, so we really have to rely on respect.

Thank you and goodnight.
April 20, 2013, 02:52:18 AM
I believe BFL will ship. Albeit 7 months late and way off on their power/speed estimates, but they will ship.

I would be pissed off if I had spent money preordering a product and the company KNOWINGLY took my money and spent it on google ads.  clearly that is not what the pre orders paid for, nor a fancy office, nor a staff.  we know they are not making the chips, foundries do that and they are not a foundry.  so how can they justify taking preorder money and spending it on anything other than the units they promised to build?  how can you think they are legitimate when they keep pushing back shipping... now almost a year late with nothing but excuses.  where are the finished units?  how can they only have 5?  it makes no sense.  I can make the chip they pretended to make in les than 12 months as a single engineer... why can't a team do the same?
April 20, 2013, 02:48:21 AM

April 20, 2013, 02:46:44 AM
Hmm...betting on 5 units when he has thousands of orders?

yeah why don't you guys bet me on 5 units!! We'll ship 5 units in a year!! With our new trickle system that Jody invented, it's revolutionary.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
April 20, 2013, 02:46:17 AM
I believe BFL will ship. Albeit 7 months late and way off on their power/speed estimates, but they will ship.

Pages:
Jump to: