Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying BFL debt. $0.10 per dollar owed. - page 14. (Read 15976 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 19, 2013, 10:59:58 PM
Nobody is forcing you to take my offer, nobody is forcing you to request a refund. The day will come when your refund request from BFL hasn't shown up for a month, and you start considering my offer.

Still doesn't change the fact that today under current conditions your post is a waste of server storage since it offers nothing and is completely pointless.

It would be like me offering to buy Apple shares at 20 USD each and saying that the day will come when you thanked me for this offer!

Other than the fact that a $1500 investment in apple right now nets you shares in apple.

Your claim to righteousness based on a *future* offer has no validity, as you are offering it *now*. When the time comes that BFL has gone bankrupt and can't refund anyone for anything, is anyone supposed to believe the sockpuppet that spent his entire post history warning of BFL being a scam to pay anything or likely just never log in again?

But what i claim is not based on the future. It's based on what i believe to be the currently veiled present. The easiest way to disagree is to ignore me.

There are benefits to remaining anonymous-- you get to dodge responsibilities and never need to face consequences for your actions, like people like myself do on a regular basis. The downside of being anonymous is, you'll never be able to argue your legitimacy.

I guess the alternative would be just to post my passport, and assume people will ignore my most recent scam, also still dodging responsibilities and still never facing consequences. What fucking legitimacy do you have? had you won your bet, what lengths would you have gone to to ensure you were paid? how many would suffer for you to collect? I remain semi-anonymous for my own personal safety, but even that has to be a step above known scammer. I registered with my own name in the interest of a complete public identity should it be required, but i'm not requesting loans, i'm not making bets, i'm placing a standing offer to buy. A no risk offer to exchange money for investment. I don't think providing my social security number is needed for this transaction.

I will pay $0.25 on the dollar for anyone considering the offer.

Fuck off. This isn't an auction thread.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
April 19, 2013, 10:59:32 PM
Motives aside, I'm not sure how the OP can't lose money on this.

If he buys people's BFL "debt" now and BFL delivers, they're going to deliver to the people who ordered the units, not the OP.

If BFL gets to the point where they start refusing refunds, then it's unlikely they'll have any assets which can be recovered by unsecured creditors in a lawsuit.  I'm not even sure about how customers would go about legally assigning their interest in a "debt" which isn't yet due (it's not a debt until such time as a refund request isn't honoured).

What's to stop someone from selling their BFL debt to the OP now and getting a refund from BFL or taking delivery of their unit and making themselves and easy 10%?  BFL's under no obligation to honour any agreements made between their customers and third parties in respect of ASIC orders.

How is the OP even going to confirm that someone hasn't already cancelled their order and received a refund?  I seriously doubt BFL is going to share such information with the OP.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
April 19, 2013, 10:48:27 PM
Fuck me, right. I am both a company shill and detractor. Angry customer with sunk costs is completely out of the question. I must simultaneously be both the company and the competition. Prepared to scam people by paying them money.

That was a pretty lazy response if you ask me. When you offer people pennies on the dollar for something that they can get a dollar for on the dollar and something you've spent your entire post history decrying as a scam, it looks shady to say the least.

You pretend to promote skepticism by attacking others for not doing their due diligence in matters, but once people bring your own intentions into question your response is as predictably insincere as any other reactionary sockpuppet would be.

Your claim to righteousness based on a *future* offer has no validity, as you are offering it *now*. When the time comes that BFL has gone bankrupt and can't refund anyone for anything, is anyone supposed to believe the sockpuppet that spent his entire post history warning of BFL being a scam is going to pay anything just because he made a vague offer to do so a while back? Or is it more likely he'll just never log in again?

There are benefits to remaining anonymous-- you get to dodge responsibilities and never need to face consequences for your actions. The downside of being anonymous is, you'll never be able to argue your legitimacy when someone claims that you're just looking for sucker newbies to fleece by spreading FUD.

Can't have it both ways.
Activity: 575
April 19, 2013, 10:45:59 PM
Nobody is forcing you to take my offer, nobody is forcing you to request a refund. The day will come when your refund request from BFL hasn't shown up for a month, and you start considering my offer.

Still doesn't change the fact that today under current conditions your post is a waste of server storage since it offers nothing and is completely pointless.

It would be like me offering to buy Apple shares at 20 USD each and saying that the day will come when you thanked me for this offer!
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
April 19, 2013, 10:41:13 PM
Incase you missed it, I am the only one prepared to give anybody money at this point.

Well... other than BFL... but like you said.  I requested my refund from BFL a couple of weeks back and it was still honored.

When that well dries up, in all seriousness, I think you are smart to get out in front of this.

April 19, 2013, 10:38:14 PM
Bruno and smoothie, don't you find it odd that, even as an obvious sock puppet, OP has spent his entire time on the forums bashing BFL, now only to want to buy in? Might that be interpreted by some as an attempt to spread FUD for profit?

Fuck me, right. I am both a company shill and detractor. Angry customer with sunk costs is completely out of the question. I must simultaneously be both the company and the competition. Prepared to scam people by paying them money.
April 19, 2013, 10:33:39 PM
So I can go get a refund for 100% of my order value in USD from BFL or I can get 1/10 from you? People were paying more for pirate money 1 month after he closed down -.-

Try again once BFL stops giving refunds and stopped communicating for weeks and you might have better luck! If BFL turns out to be a scam the whole plan is so elaborate that even Dr. Evil would be impressed. Like really, they make a an actual ASIC and claim it turned out bad so they can string everyone along to collect more preorders? Brilliant scam! Since you know there is very little doubt that they actually have a working ASIC, it's performance just isn't where it was expected to be.

BFL will start shipping sometime in the future  Wink, if they were in the gaming industry they could have borrowed "soon" from a blizzard entertainment timeline.

When it does, i'll be there. You believe you'll make your profit from BFL shipping a functional product, i don't believe that is a possiblity. If it does happen, i will profit in the same manner, but as a contingency, i have this thread. This is the first offer to buy debt owed by a defunct company, the operators of which i have information and means to litigate against.

If you believe they will ship, keep your order. if you believe they won't, request a refund. When that fails, i'm option three with the bitcoin to ensure you see SOME refund.

Stop it with your logic and reason already, just give the man your money
Incase you missed it, I am the only one prepared to give anybody money at this point.
Activity: 148
Merit: 102
April 19, 2013, 10:32:11 PM

"Have the stated performance" yet use much more power than stated in the original specification?

How am I not surprised to see a stupid statement that contradicts itself posted here?

Had too much BFL kool-aid recently?

Lol so fail  Grin

You are correct, I should have said hashrate. Performance would indeed be a combination of the two.

And no, no kool-aid. I've just already been through this before with the FPGA. It was late, I was pissed, I tried to cancel. Then I changed my mind, waited, and the FPGA showed up and has paid for itself many times over.

I just went into this knowing exactly how they work, good or bad.
April 19, 2013, 10:31:20 PM
Bruno and smoothie, don't you find it odd that, even as an obvious sock puppet, OP has spent his entire time on the forums bashing BFL, now only to want to buy in? Might that be interpreted by some as an attempt to spread FUD for personal gain? I mean, I wouldn't imagine OP would do such a thing, it's probably just a misunderstanding. Surely he cares about people's well being and would never take opportunities on their misfortunes.

I don't find joy in other people's misfortunes.

You should try it sometime, it's delicious.

Sad
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
April 19, 2013, 10:30:16 PM
Josh: Sonny, sorry calling you so late, but I have an idea.
Sonny: I'm all ears, bud.
Josh: I got the idea from some thread on BT, and I simply modified it. Since people are refunding in droves, we can fire up one of our sockpuppets to payout sixty cents on the dollar, thus you get to keep forty percent, minus my cut of course.
Sonny: Of course! I like it! Do it! By the way, how's the interesting solution to the MiniRig problem coming along?
Josh: Can't talk over the phone because it may be tapped.
Sonny: HeHe!
Josh: HeHe!
Al the Alpaca: (tapping the line) Them boy's ain't right!

This.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
April 19, 2013, 10:27:31 PM
BFL is going to end up shipping the product. It will use more power than they said, take longer to get, but will have the stated performance. Exactly like the last time.

So if anyone has BFL SC Single's they want to sell for $0.20 per dollar owed, please let me know instead Wink

"Have the stated performance" yet use much more power than stated in the original specification?

How am I not surprised to see a stupid statement that contradicts itself posted here?

Had too much BFL kool-aid recently?

Lol so fail  Grin
April 19, 2013, 10:25:36 PM
So I can go get a refund for 100% of my order value in USD from BFL or I can get 1/10 from you?

Stop it with your logic and reason already, just give the man your money.
Activity: 575
April 19, 2013, 10:23:07 PM
So I can go get a refund for 100% of my order value in USD from BFL or I can get 1/10 from you? People were paying more for pirate money 1 month after he closed down -.-

Try again once BFL stops giving refunds and stopped communicating for weeks and you might have better luck! If BFL turns out to be a scam the whole plan is so elaborate that even Dr. Evil would be impressed. Like really, they make a an actual ASIC and claim it turned out bad so they can string everyone along to collect more preorders? Brilliant scam! Since you know there is very little doubt that they actually have a working ASIC, it's performance just isn't where it was expected to be.

BFL will start shipping sometime in the future  Wink, if they were in the gaming industry they could have borrowed "soon" from a blizzard entertainment timeline.

April 19, 2013, 10:21:47 PM
..the vacuum of space jammed into a peanut..

That is my least favorite Pokémon!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 19, 2013, 10:20:17 PM

...the sound of Indiana corn growing.

Ditto!
April 19, 2013, 10:17:27 PM
..the sound of maple trees sapping..

Unironically, this is how all debts seem to be handled in Bitcoinland. Sockpuppets buying back at discounts.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 19, 2013, 10:12:27 PM
Josh: Sonny, sorry calling you so late, but I have an idea.
Sonny: I'm all ears, bud.
Josh: I got the idea from some thread on BT, and I simply modified it. Since people are refunding in droves, we can fire up one of our sockpuppets to payout sixty cents on the dollar, thus you get to keep forty percent, minus my cut of course.
Sonny: Of course! I like it! Do it! By the way, how's the interesting solution to the MiniRig problem coming along?
Josh: Can't talk over the phone because it may be tapped.
Sonny: HeHe!
Josh: HeHe!
Al the Alpaca: (tapping the line) Them boy's ain't right!
April 19, 2013, 10:06:23 PM
how much did you pay to get rid of the scammer title?

The first or the second time?

Enough said.
April 19, 2013, 10:04:43 PM
how much did you pay to get rid of the scammer title?

The first or the second time?
April 19, 2013, 10:03:01 PM
Have they stopped fulfilling refunds or something?

BFL has not, to my knowledge, stopped issuing refunds to orders placed before "no refunds" was added to their terms. As evidenced by their recent actions, it is only a matter of time. I don't expect people to take my offer before attempting a refund though BFL themselves, it is just a standing offer for when that fails.

This reminds me of the "Do me a favor for 0.01 BTC (by getting me 50,000 free XRP)" scam threads.

Maybe i should phrase my offer as a bet with terms i could back out of when i lose? how much did you pay to get rid of the scammer title?

Is this an actual auction Smiley

$0.75 (but expect me to put in a refund request for anyone who messages)

This is not an auction, this is a standing offer.
Pages:
Jump to: