Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying BFL debt. $0.10 per dollar owed. - page 11. (Read 15976 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 20, 2013, 02:43:56 AM
frank, I've changed my mind about you...  I live in Denver only a few hours from bfl.  let me know how I can help you.
Uh oh, this guy has caught on to what Frankie is after....watch out.

Inaba (A BFL employee for those that don't know)

I bet the only reason the BFL employee showed up in this thread is because he needs to put the breaks on your thread before people start either:

A) That their refunds are in anyway at risk when or if they ever need them.

B) The legal spear that might come to bite them in the ass as one (or a handful) of people buy up defunct pre-orders at pennies on the dollar...with BTC.

Those that aren't catching on think Frankie is after the refunds from those orders yet fail to see that isn't his winning strategy. As everyone who will eventually go to Frankie is going to have already tried the refund window. With Customer Service at BFL taking many days or weeks to get a response back (at times)...Frankie would only have to wait for it all to fall apart and people to panic.

Then collect a ton of order for pennies on the dollar, do the legal process and finally collect. How much would he collect? Could be a dollar on dollar amount. Could be alot less than that. Probably more than 10cents on each dollar.

@ Frankie I would ignore Inaba. He is just trying to derail your thread or is probably asking the mods move it or get it deleted/locked.

Your strategy took a few hours to sink in. It truly it is a beneficial strategy to all involved if BFL did go defunct. I suppose it would be better than a customer crying about losing 100%. I suspect though that you would lower your rates based on the level of panic that would be created with a failed BFL.

If I were you, I would ignore Inaba. Hes going to probably try his darndest to derail the thread. Let it stand as an open offer.

This isn't some cunning get-rich-strategy. I won't be able to collect legal fees out of wage garnishments of company directors. I will, however, be able to collect the full amount of purchased debt, which if purchased cheaply will hopefully *fingers crossed* cover legal fees. I won't be requesting refunds from purchased orders, because that would basically cause a BFL collapse like it did with bASIC, which is in nobody's best interest. As terrible as they are, BFL failing would be bad for bitcoin, but for the most part i have no control over them failing or not. Everything i have seen within the past few weeks suggest it is almost certain, and i am preparing for that.

I'm not trying to make a mint here, i'm trying not to lose my shirt. This felt like a game at $15/btc, but it really doesn't at $120/btc.
PeZ
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
April 20, 2013, 02:40:11 AM
Hmm...betting on 5 units when he has thousands of orders?
April 20, 2013, 02:36:15 AM
Come on, josh. you're obviously still online. how about 350btc, 4200 units by june 1st, 2013. That gives you 4 full weeks of dicking around or whatever you've been doing for the last TEN MONTHS, 14 days of production at the 300 days you claim to be capable of, and shipping. I have an order in the xxxx3800s, i am sure others here have orders before and after me, together we will confirm whether the bet is won or lost.

Refusing this bet is admitting you won't ship at full capacity by june 1st.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 20, 2013, 02:34:33 AM
Don't worry Frankie, he will reply he's probably busy with some anal three-way, they need to prepare for their next youtube video walk through of the Nuclear Powerplant where they are going to pump out 1000 units a day.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
April 20, 2013, 02:33:52 AM
frank, I've changed my mind about you...  I live in Denver only a few hours from bfl.  let me know how I can help you.
Uh oh, this guy has caught on to what Frankie is after....watch out.

Inaba (A BFL employee for those that don't know)

I bet the only reason the BFL employee showed up in this thread is because he needs to put the breaks on your thread before people start either:

A) That their refunds are in anyway at risk when or if they ever need them.

B) The legal spear that might come to bite them in the ass as one (or a handful) of people buy up defunct pre-orders at pennies on the dollar...with BTC. Then file a massively disproportionate legal claim against BFL.

Those that aren't catching on think Frankie is after the refunds from those orders yet fail to see that isn't his winning strategy. As everyone who will eventually go to Frankie is going to have already tried the refund window. With Customer Service at BFL taking many days or weeks to get a response back (at times)...Frankie would only have to wait for it all to fall apart and people to panic.

Then collect a ton of pre-orders for pennies on the dollar, do the legal process and finally collect. How much would he collect? Could be a dollar on dollar amount. Could be alot less than that. Probably more than 10cents on each dollar.

@ Frankie I would ignore Inaba. He is ["probably"] just trying to derail your thread or is probably asking the mods move it or get it deleted/locked.

Your strategy took a few hours to sink in. It truly it is a beneficial strategy to all involved if BFL did go defunct. I suppose it would be better than a customer crying about losing 100%. I suspect though that you would lower your rates based on the level of panic that would be created with a failed BFL.

If I were you, I would ignore Inaba. Hes going to probably try his darndest to derail the thread. Let it stand as an open offer.
April 20, 2013, 02:24:54 AM
Lets break this down real quick:

1. You want to hedge your bet.
2. You are absolutely positive BFL won't ship.  Ergo, a bet against BFL is a sure thing, according to your claim.
3. You are guaranteed a win of 500 BTC (or whatever amount you care to wager)
4. You don't want to bet because it's the "opposite" of hedging.

Let's break THIS down a little bit

1. you consider orders with your own company a bet
2. you consider a 10% hedge against a 100% order a sure thing
3. again, you're willing to cheat and scam your way to the winning side of a bet
4. you're really bad at math.

So you just tell me how many units you consider legit to satisfy the claim of shipped there champ, we'll go with that.

How about we start with the orders so far which have been bought and paid for in full. That shouldn't be too hard, a company shipping orders that were paid for months ago, should it? Legally an order has to be refunded or shipped within 30 days of full payment, so we can exclude any orders placed since march 20th, so only the orders placed between june 2012, and march 20, 2013. I'll put 350 BTC in escrow up against that, that you won't ship all orders placed within that time period before june 1st, 2013. What do you say?

Yep, I nailed it.  Your claim:

BFL won't ship any product.

Your bet:  BFL won't ship thousands of products before June 1st.  

Which is it Franky?  Will BFL ship a product or not?  Your claim is that BFL won't ship a product, you are unwilling to bet on that, but you ARE willing to bet that BFL won't ship thousands of products before June 1st, 2013.  Why would you need to put such ridiculous constraints on a bet when you believe BFL won't even ship a single product?

Oh... maybe it's because you're a lying piece of shit?  Yeah, thought so...

I'm the lying piece of shit? Point out where i said BFL won't ship any product. I could refute other parts of this post, but the entirety of it is based on the claim that i said "BFL won't ship any product."

You, yourself, have said that you are less than a week away from shipping, and that you have a 300 unit per day capacity, and openly mocked your competitors for not having a 300 unit per day capacity. Ive offered a bet providing 6 weeks.

I've seen pictures of your stack of minirig cases, the fact that your company owns a dymo lableler, and the fact that you feel anything you slap a customers name on you count as shipped, i would be an idiot to count anything less than ACTUAL shipping to customers as "shipping"

The real question now is why you consider shipping thousands of products within 6 weeks out of the question when you have a 300 unit per day capacity, there's nothing wrong with the chips, and the new boards should be in any day now.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 20, 2013, 02:24:23 AM

Kano: What's new?
Josh: Busy implementing our interesting solution.
Kano: What we talked about earlier?
Josh: Even Sonny liked it.
Kano: Amen, brother! Amen! How's it going?
Josh: According to plan, bro. They're all talking about it now.
Kano: I see it! What's the latest on my miner?
Josh: You're not going to believe this, but thanks to some cocksucker on BT suggesting some type of grease or vaseline between the chips and the board, we'll now be able to increasing the output.
Kano: You'll met specs?
Josh: Fuck no, but we'll increase nonetheless.
Kano: Gotta go. I think that fuckin' alpaca is tappin' the line again.
Al the Alpaca: This is Jehovah, Luke. Pay no attention to the white van in your driveway.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
April 20, 2013, 02:24:04 AM
How about you first pay up on the 1000 BTC bet you already lost?

This!
April 20, 2013, 02:22:32 AM
better sew up that crack inaba... levenworth doesn't look fun.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 20, 2013, 02:21:20 AM

Buying debt because "BFL won't ship."  Yeah.. good luck with that.  How about you lay some BTC on that in the form of a bet?  Lets say 500 BTC?  How many units do you consider as being valid for "shipped?"  5 units?    I'm more than willing to do escrow.

How about you first pay up on the 1000 BTC bet you already lost?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
April 20, 2013, 02:17:02 AM

2. You are absolutely positive BFL won't ship.  Ergo, a bet against BFL is a sure thing, according to your claim.

3. again, you're willing to cheat and scam your way to the winning side of a bet

So you just tell me how many units you consider legit to satisfy the claim of shipped there champ, we'll go with that.

How about we start with the orders so far which have been bought and paid for in full. That shouldn't be too hard, a company shipping orders that were paid for months ago, should it? Legally an order has to be refunded or shipped within 30 days of full payment, so we can exclude any orders placed since march 20th, so only the orders placed between june 2012, and march 20, 2013. I'll put 350 BTC in escrow up against that, that you won't ship all orders placed within that time period before june 1st, 2013. What do you say?

Yep, I nailed it.  Your claim:

BFL won't ship any product.

Your bet:  BFL won't ship thousands of products before June 1st.  

Which is it Franky?  Will BFL ship a product or not?  Your claim is that BFL won't ship a product, you are unwilling to bet on that, but you ARE willing to bet that BFL won't ship thousands of products before June 1st, 2013.  Why would you need to put such ridiculous constraints on a bet when you believe BFL won't even ship a single product?

Oh... maybe it's because you're a lying piece of shit?  Yeah, thought so...

April 20, 2013, 02:13:51 AM
dropping my offer back to 20 cents on the dollar.

Starting to look like you overbid even with the revised bid, isn't it?
April 20, 2013, 02:11:08 AM

April 20, 2013, 02:09:26 AM
Why don't we start a wager if the Feds look into BFL how many of them will be locked up lol

what do you mean IF?

Sorry meant when they are done with their investigation lol
April 20, 2013, 02:08:17 AM
Why don't we start a wager if the Feds look into BFL how many of them will be locked up lol

what do you mean IF?
April 20, 2013, 02:07:24 AM
April 20, 2013, 02:06:15 AM
The pot calling the kettle black. I'm so glad such professionals like Josh work at BFL makes customers feel so much better about their invested money.
April 20, 2013, 02:05:36 AM
I agree with op, even though he's an ass... at least he's not a criminal lying piece of trash.

You mean like yourself?  Oh... sorry, maybe not criminal, just a piece of trash.  Trailer trash I'd wager.
 your claim.

I am going to laugh my balls off when the fed locks you up.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
April 20, 2013, 02:02:17 AM
when they don't, I am option three.

Fair enough, but for the "hard of reading" I'll quote the other offers in this thread.

$0.75

I will pay 30 cents on the dollar.

You're more likely to be option five in all fairness.
Actually,

If things go south as Frankie thinks they will....then those others offering more than 10% are unlikely to want to actually pay it. The higher you pay each customer for their defunct order (without intention to litigate) the more you stand to lose.

Without Frankies litigation strategy being "in play" the 20 or 30 cents on the dollar is pretty pointless. If no one is smart enough to catch on to this type of strategy...he will face little if any competition when it comes to paying out.

Why would someone pay more if they were to go down a litigation route? That wouldn't make sense and it would net them alot less defunct orders.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
April 20, 2013, 02:01:42 AM
I agree with op, even though he's an ass... at least he's not a criminal lying piece of trash.

You mean like yourself?  Oh... sorry, maybe not criminal, just a piece of trash.  Trailer trash I'd wager.

You've made it quite obvious you're willing to pay for bets to go your way. You've also made it quite clear you're quicker to jump to insults than facts. YOU WORK FOR THE GOD DAMN COMPANY. Why is it you have to jump in here and spout "idiot, idiot, idiot" instead of "yeah, here's your order, let's ship that thing to you"? How about instead of calling me an idiot, and betting 500btc, or calling avalon garbage, and betting 1000 BTC you won't miss your power usage targets you SHIP SOME GOD DAMN ASICS TO YOUR GOD DAMN CUSTOMERS.

And that's what I thought.  A big WAAAAA fest, but no real action.  Make a claim, refuse to back it up.  Typical of someone who's an idiot and just wants to stir up trouble with a bunch of bullshit.  Good luck with your ridiculous "buy BFL debt."  What a joke.

Why don't you cry a little bit more to me?  I love to hear how you're sooooo mistreated.

[quotei'm not betting 500 BTC against you shipping because that would be the opposite of hedging against my BFL orders that YOU STILL HAVEN'T FUCKING SHIPPED YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT.[/quote]

Therefore, the only logical conclusion one can draw is that you think BFL will actually ship and your entire premise of BFL won't ship is a lie.  Therefore you are a liar, and you're so shitty at it that it makes you also an idiot.  

So which is it, will BFL ship or won't they?  If you're sure they won't, then bet, as it's a guaranteed win.  If you think they will ship, then turn down the bet, because it's a guaranteed loss.  My guess as to what you'll do:  You'll turn down the bet, because you're a liar.

Yeah, i'm not laying down 500 BTC just so this fucking troll can walk around their little shop slapping "luke-jr" on empty minirig cases to claim they shipped 5 units. I really couldn't ask for any better advertising for my offer.

Pages:
Jump to: