Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying from ICO or trading altcoin. - page 10. (Read 2125 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 114
January 13, 2018, 10:44:36 AM
Trading in ICO is very risky as it might turn out to be a scam or the team might abandon the project due to their investor backing and leaving. But in trading altcoins on exchanges if we research and invest in a good project or coin then it can make us good profit as the chances of the coin dying reduces a lot. Buying coins in ICOs is cheap but only invest in ICO if you are confident on its success.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 09:47:08 AM
trading altcoins might be the best option than buying from ICO because some of the altcoins have a high potential to gain higher profits than buying from ICO that might lead you to loss of bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
January 13, 2018, 09:44:18 AM
For me, buying ICO is more risky than trading altcoin. If you're trading altcoin, you have a choice/chance to choose only those you think that has a good potential or only those top in the market. While if you're buying a token in ICO you can't be so sure if it's a scam or not until release.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
January 13, 2018, 08:55:01 AM
Which is more risky buying a token from the ICO or in trading?

I would say both are very risky and hard to perform, and both have the potencial to give quite decent profits if done right. I would say that buying into an ICO will give you much more profit if done right. Just look at the profits the top ICOs gave to their investors, day trade can't compete with that. Of course that in day trade you can't really get scammed so it ends up being safer, and you only have yourself to blame at least, and that's a good thing.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
January 13, 2018, 08:51:49 AM
Buying from ICO is more risky in my opinion, because if you buy from ICO it will be given a token that is more appropriate bonus and rate ICO, but we do not know if ICO is successful and the rate exceeds the rate of ICO, but if successful will give you a profits.

Yes it would be risky if you bought you coins on late phase of their ICO since you might baghold the coins you bought for the ICO stage of the token. But I'd rather choose to buy on exchanges and trade it since sometimes you can assure that their's is sudden dump will be happen if the bounty hunters receive a huge part and dump it badly and this one will be the best time for us to accumulate and buy more coins to be hold.
Activity: 420
January 13, 2018, 08:48:55 AM
If we trading means buying token from trading it is less risky as with complete knowledge and research you can trust a coin and have its past growth analysis but on the other side ICO are risky as we dont know its past growth and only estimations can be made but it depends really on coin.So choose it wisely.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
January 13, 2018, 08:39:20 AM
Buying from ICO is more risky in my opinion, because if you buy from ICO it will be given a token that is more appropriate bonus and rate ICO, but we do not know if ICO is successful and the rate exceeds the rate of ICO, but if successful will give you a profits.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
January 13, 2018, 08:35:36 AM
ICO is more risky

i would agree on this.. too much scam ico hanging on the corner

Yes your right, that's reason why investing in ICO are so risky because like you said there's so many ico that they become an scam they didn't pay all their participant. However, for me much better to buy altcoin in any exchange site and hold for a long term and sell to gain more profit.
Activity: 616
https://exip.live/
January 13, 2018, 08:25:37 AM
In my opinion same level risk between them, this is depend on the risk management , but in ICO promising higher profit than trading because we get cheaper price and also get bonus.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
January 13, 2018, 07:43:20 AM
Both ways are good.
But you need to be careful with join ICO, make research about project and analisys all aspects of it.
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
Mercy
January 12, 2018, 09:26:53 PM
Both have risk if you ask.

For ICO is for the long term and trading is for you daily.

But careful when choosing ICO because there are many scam this day Smiley
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
January 12, 2018, 09:20:19 PM

ICO is riskier than trading just because most ICO does not have real product yet and you are risking that the devs won't run away with your money. And as I observed, most icos are overpriced.

While in trading, you have a history of the project to check and verify before you put some money on it.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
January 12, 2018, 09:14:57 PM
When you find the good ICO it is more profitable than trading altcoins. With good ICO you could easily turn your initial investment 10x in 3 months. Investing in ICO is very profitable when you know how to find the right ICO. And if we are talking about risk pertaining investment, I think ICO too is the first again because if you mistakenly invest your money in SCAM ICO you gonna lose all your investment. So, if you are a beginner you should start with altcoins first before moving to investing in ICOs.   
Activity: 518
Merit: 257
January 12, 2018, 05:59:25 PM
Trading is comparatively less risky than buying ICO. ICO's, many times comes out to be a scam so your whole investment becomes zero, but it can also get you the best profits ever.
So same rule applies here also...More Risk, more profit. It is up to you how much risk you can carry and how good are you in analyzing the team and the ICO.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
January 12, 2018, 04:34:45 PM
Well, except for trade risk in both cases there are risks of technical or other nature, such as the hacking of exchanges, wallets, changes in legislation, etc. trading without experience and knowledge is a risk. ICO is also risky, but with the help of campaign analysis the risks can be reduced
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
January 12, 2018, 04:02:12 PM
ICO is more risky

i would agree on this.. too much scam ico hanging on the corner
Activity: 258
Merit: 114
January 12, 2018, 04:01:07 PM
I think you should divide your money to pieces like long term coins,short term coins,ICO's and keeping some bitcoins in your pocket.With this division you can lower your risk and you can catch the oportunity where ever it is.There are tooo many ways to earn money in this cyrptoworld.Dont miss any.

Good Luck
Activity: 149
January 12, 2018, 03:57:46 PM
In the past, the purchase of tokens in the ICO would have been less risky, but nowadays I see that buying tokens in both places is less risky. But ICO buys have to wait until the sale token is over and start trading, so trading will be slower. Have to wait to be able to start trading
Activity: 481
Merit: 256
January 12, 2018, 03:50:39 PM
In my opinion ICO is more risky to invest as it include various risk factor like:
1. Can come out to be scam or fraud.
2. Delay in listing at any major exchange.
3. Price fall after listing.
 whereas trading only involve the risk of price volatility, nothing else. It is easy to sell your top 100 crypto-coin at any point of time.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF
January 12, 2018, 02:49:30 PM
There is no specific direct answer to this. Each one has it's benefit depending on level of knowledge dealing with each.
ICO makes sense if the project is a great one, nice team working on the project, great community following the project, high media coverage of the project. The ICO comes cheap and easily bought.
But if you have a good trading knowledge, better money management strategy, great trading skill, self discipline, then trading might be the best option for you.
Pages:
Jump to: