Pages:
Author

Topic: мαℓιcєяє∂ ∂єѕιgηѕ ››› Quality Design Service ››› Re-opening Promo! - page 4. (Read 22523 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
have fun
Thank you for the important knowledge and truly said that. But the problem is that people are ready to work in cheap contest and that's the main reason that these contests are increasing day by day.
Yes, absolutely, I agree with you 100%.
What would have to happen is that, the talented graphics designers would have to pull away from said contests. Leaving the not so refined designers to do the work. If this were to happen, companies would shy from doing these contests.

Yeah and they must understand that if they are not respecting their own work why will others ? Also a desperate designer looks unprofessional and is less likely to be given a contract Sad
I totally agree.

It's becoming common that businesses have been approaching me with proposals, only to pull off a no-spec contest. At that point, my respect for that entity completely goes.

And graphics designers who are willing to throw away their self respect and drown the trade are joining them for "Quick bucks". But I understand that this is a freemarket. So there's nothing I can really do, but try to spread awareness of this extremely terrible practice.

Glad you agreed Smiley and hope you get some works, because I personally love your work Smiley
Activity: 311
Graphics Design Guru
Graphics Design Guru
Thank you for the important knowledge and truly said that. But the problem is that people are ready to work in cheap contest and that's the main reason that these contests are increasing day by day.
What would have to happen is that, the talented graphics designers would have to pull away from said contests. Leaving the not so refined designers to do the work. If this were to happen, companies would shy from doing these contests.

Yeah and they must understand that if they are not respecting their own work why will others ? Also a desperate designer looks unprofessional and is less likely to be given a contract Sad
I totally agree.

It's becoming common that businesses have been approaching me with proposals, only to pull off a no-spec contest. At that point, my respect for that entity completely goes.

And graphics designers who are willing to throw away their self respect and drown the trade are joining them for "Quick bucks". But I understand that this is a freemarket. So there's nothing I can really do, but try to spread awareness of this extremely terrible practice.
have fun

Graphics Design Guru
have fun
Thank you for the important knowledge and truly said that. But the problem is that people are ready to work in cheap contest and thats the main reason that these contests are increasing day by day.
Graphics Design Guru
Well here's the thing, I've never seen a contest on bitcointalk that actually paid a fair wage for graphics designers.

Every single one of these contest's 'prizes' are quarterly of what should be paid to a designer. And every single designer worth their weight will tell you that.

So basically, any designer who joins in these sort of contests, show other entrepreneurs and potential start-ups, that it's perfectly fine to pay 20 bucks for a company image. Thus, hurting our trade overall. If people's expectation for a service lowers, then designers need to charge lower to get clients.

And all of this under the guise of "Oh, but all the designers will get exposure and everyone wins!". No. That is absolutely untrue. The only one that wins, is the person who hosts said no-spec contest.

Even the designer that wins the contest will eventually lose, when suddenly, the only way he can make a living is by selling $5 logos and graphics. And all the people who entered that contest? They won't see a single penny of compensation for their time, and will suffer this very same situation of lowered price expectation of their trade.

So in short, Design contests, are absolutely toxic.

Companies that are willing to run them? Absolutely toxic, and will never have my business. Because it shows the lack of respect for the trade, and stinginess, and lack of ethics to expect 10 people to work for you, and only pay 1 person.

Glad to share my opinion with you on the subject!
have fun
Very nice designs, there are some contests so why dont you try your skills there, sorry if I said something wrong.
Thank you very much.

But to answer your question, I respect my trade too much to do no-spec work. And I try my best to do things that wouldn't harm work for my fellow graphics designers on bitcointalk.

And it's quite fine, nothing wrong with asking a question haha.

I can understand that, but dont you think contest pay too much while a separate work to a single designer will be less paid ? Just a thought
Graphics Design Guru
Very nice designs, there are some contests so why dont you try your skills there, sorry if I said something wrong.
Thank you very much.

But to answer your question, I respect my trade too much to do no-spec work. And I try my best to do things that wouldn't harm work for my fellow graphics designers on bitcointalk.

And it's quite fine, nothing wrong with asking a question haha.
have fun
Graphics Design Guru
Graphics Design Guru
Graphics Design Guru
Not sure if this is align with the same type of work, but I guess its a worth a shot.

Do you do signature designs as well? Signature designs as in like what people sign up for like a signature campaign to earn btc.

Also, on the average can we request 1-2 edits for changes before the final design?
Unfortunately, if you're talking about the BBCode/ascii art banners, that's not something I've very proficient at. However I do believe there are some who are specialized in that on the forum.

I provide at least 3 Drafts, and 2 Free revisions, with an exceptionally low revision fee after the 2 free revisions. Hope that helps and thanks for stopping by my thread!

Thanks for the quick response.

Oh thats unfortunate. Although I might need you help regardless, in the future if I ever did want to launch a website.

Any chance you know any that does though? if they qualify, i`ll be sure to tip you  Wink

Sure thing, there's a signature designer that's really good at what he does. Contact "RealPhotoshoper" and tell him MaliceRed sentya.  Wink

If you want to send me a tip: 1NBwFshjmXTM3XaeVJcY8atja1d9EL5uXw

Oh and sure thing, I specialize in clean and modern designs, the kind of stuff that is always being featured in articles and stuff like that.

Good luck! And again, thanks for stopping by!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
Not sure if this is align with the same type of work, but I guess its a worth a shot.

Do you do signature designs as well? Signature designs as in like what people sign up for like a signature campaign to earn btc.

Also, on the average can we request 1-2 edits for changes before the final design?
Unfortunately, if you're talking about the BBCode/ascii art banners, that's not something I've very proficient at. However I do believe there are some who are specialized in that on the forum.

I provide at least 3 Drafts, and 2 Free revisions, with an exceptionally low revision fee after the 2 free revisions. Hope that helps and thanks for stopping by my thread!

Thanks for the quick response.

Oh thats unfortunate. Although I might need you help regardless, in the future if I ever did want to launch a website.

Any chance you know any that does though? if they qualify, i`ll be sure to tip you  Wink
Graphics Design Guru

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

Graphics Design Guru
Graphics Design Guru
This logo is available for purchase. It would be much cheaper than hiring me to create a new one, and can be easily re-purposed for use.

Graphics Design Guru
Thread has been redesigned.

Available for new projects.
Graphics Design Guru
Thanks guys. Working on a revamped version of the thread.
Pages:
Jump to: