Author

Topic: ★★★★ [CAIx] ★ First 100% PoS At Launch ★ PSP ★★★★ - page 140. (Read 416437 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I see a lot of references in the announcement post about certain events occurring when the exchange from CAI > CAIx is complete.  I'm assuming this means when all 1.6 million CAIx are gone on CoinSwap.  My question is, what if this never happens?  For example, someone forgot about their CAI in some wallet and never make the exchange.

If this turns out to be the case (which is very likely), will this prevent the switchover to CAIx on exchanges and such?  Also, in the ANN post it says that mining will end on 5/18.  If there is still CAIx left to be exchanged on CoinSwap will mining of CAI continue?  Will there be any sort of time limit on making the switch on the coins?  If that limit gets hit and there are still CAIx leftover does that mean the total supply will actually be LOWER than 1.6 million?

I think that they will put 1.6 million CAIx on coinswap, people will exchange their CAI for CAIx 1:1, if people who have forgoten about coins they have mined then they will be out of luck as people will be mining CAI right up until the point that the last CAIx has been traded from Coin Swap, anyone with CAI after that will be sad.

I would agree with you, as that method totally makes sense.  But this section from the ANN makes me wonder if that won't actually be the case.

Mining of CAIx in PoS will start today 8 hours after release.
Mining of CAI will cease sometime around 5/18/2014.
The only way to obtain CAIx is by mining CAI and changing to CAIx on Coinswap.
Or purchase CAI from the following Exchanges and changeing to CAIx on CoinSwap.

If the 5/18 date was listed just as an estimation of when enough CAI will have been mined to convert all of the CAIx then that would make sense also.  Either way is fine, just looking for some certainty.  I need to know if I need to start looking for a new coin to mine, or if I can mine CAI till the CAIx runs dry.
Activity: 21
I see a lot of references in the announcement post about certain events occurring when the exchange from CAI > CAIx is complete.  I'm assuming this means when all 1.6 million CAIx are gone on CoinSwap.  My question is, what if this never happens?  For example, someone forgot about their CAI in some wallet and never make the exchange.

If this turns out to be the case (which is very likely), will this prevent the switchover to CAIx on exchanges and such?  Also, in the ANN post it says that mining will end on 5/18.  If there is still CAIx left to be exchanged on CoinSwap will mining of CAI continue?  Will there be any sort of time limit on making the switch on the coins?  If that limit gets hit and there are still CAIx leftover does that mean the total supply will actually be LOWER than 1.6 million?

I think that they will put 1.6 million CAIx on coinswap, people will exchange their CAI for CAIx 1:1, if people who have forgoten about coins they have mined then they will be out of luck as people will be mining CAI right up until the point that the last CAIx has been traded from Coin Swap, anyone with CAI after that will be sad.
Activity: 4

Activity: 3
Please confirm:

We can continue mining CAI until May 18.

When will we no longer be able to exchange CAI for CAIx?

The CAI to CAIx exchange rate will remain at 1:1 until when?

What exchanges will offer CAI to CAIx aside from Coinswap?

Aside from changing from POW to POS what other differences exist between the two?

For those not familiar with POS, how will it be mined? What are the requirements, what algorythmn, how is it different from POW.

What do pool operators need to be aware of when changing?

What is the motivation and benefits of changing CAI to CAIx? Won't it cause more confusion than it is worth?

As I understand there is no POW for CAIX so pool operators will not make any changes. 
Coin exchange is only on coinswap and will only remain until 1.6 mill coins are exchanged.
POS is interest in the form of coins paid into your wallet.
Changing from CAI to caix = 1/10th of the coins and move to POS so it's easier to make a new coin.

FYI beware that any coins that are still cai will disappear since cai blockchain will be retired once transition to CAIx is complete.
Activity: 56
Sorry if this information was mentioned earlier but how the coin swap will be executed?
IF i recall correct they said would be something on coinswap where you will be able to exchange 1 to 1 ratio and the exchange will have no fees as the coin devs will pay for it. Once again i might be wrong thats what i recall
That is correct.
Will the coinswap exchange be available soon after the wallet release?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Please confirm:

We can continue mining CAI until May 18.

When will we no longer be able to exchange CAI for CAIx?

The CAI to CAIx exchange rate will remain at 1:1 until when?

What exchanges will offer CAI to CAIx aside from Coinswap?

Aside from changing from POW to POS what other differences exist between the two?

For those not familiar with POS, how will it be mined? What are the requirements, what algorythmn, how is it different from POW.

What do pool operators need to be aware of when changing?

What is the motivation and benefits of changing CAI to CAIx? Won't it cause more confusion than it is worth?

Activity: 49
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020
https://twitter.com/JStuhlman
I'm not sure if the wallet will come today..

Why do you think so? And what means today? (timezone) Smiley

Wallet will be out today. Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
Sorry if this information was mentioned earlier but how the coin swap will be executed?
IF i recall correct they said would be something on coinswap where you will be able to exchange 1 to 1 ratio and the exchange will have no fees as the coin devs will pay for it. Once again i might be wrong thats what i recall

That's how I remember it too.
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020
https://twitter.com/JStuhlman
That is correct.
Activity: 672
ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Activity: 1610
Merit: 301
*STOP NOWHERE*

Why do you think so? And what means today? (timezone) Smiley
Announcement is being redone for CAIx release to take place in a few hours.

Pretty sure CAI is hitting at least 70-80k sats a few hours after the new wallet is released and the trading pair is set up.

and CAIX going up to 500k sats  Grin from 28million coins to only 1.6million! 17,5x less coins, price should AT LEAST hit 10x which at current rate will be 500k sats!  Wink
LOL would be nice i personally have been trying to push for 2.1 million coins so it can be 10% of bitcoin seems like a nice number to me

What's the difference?  Why do you think it somehow matters that it will be exactly 10% of BTC?  It's irrelevant.  If you are going to waste energy lobbying for something, at least do it for something that matters.  No offense.
lol no offense taken and its no waste of energy i work from home so i sit next to my work computer so while im hearing someone complain on phone at work i type here not like im putting my life on hold lobbying  Wink , but in all honesty i didnt say would make a difference i am just type of person who like things in nice numbers
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Activity: 49
Activity: 1610
Merit: 301
*STOP NOWHERE*

Pretty sure CAI is hitting at least 70-80k sats a few hours after the new wallet is released and the trading pair is set up.

and CAIX going up to 500k sats  Grin from 28million coins to only 1.6million! 17,5x less coins, price should AT LEAST hit 10x which at current rate will be 500k sats!  Wink
LOL would be nice i personally have been trying to push for 2.1 million coins so it can be 10% of bitcoin seems like a nice number to me

What's the difference?  Why do you think it somehow matters that it will be exactly 10% of BTC?  It's irrelevant.  If you are going to waste energy lobbying for something, at least do it for something that matters.  No offense.

Too late now Smiley. There will be 1,6CAIx at the beginning and all will be swaped to CAI rest will be mined in PoS mode.
Activity: 644

What's the difference?  Why do you think it somehow matters that it will be exactly 10% of BTC?  It's irrelevant.  If you are going to waste energy lobbying for something, at least do it for something that matters.  No offense.

Activity: 8

Jump to: