Pages:
Author

Topic: Calling top at $16500 (Even Newer!: $2483 bottom 19 Feb 2021 MtGox said so!) - page 32. (Read 24351 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
Lol, you only show up on your own thread when dumps happen.

Silent as a mouse for months now.

Serious question, can you tell the time? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 5269
Lol, you only show up on your own thread when dumps happen.

Silent as a mouse for months now.
legendary
oh btw, im *that* good.

legendary
I'm waiting for the inevitable update to this title, ".......{<-oops!} months from now (2018 Update!)."

Aw, you know me so well Cheesy
Activity: 696
Merit: 439
I'm waiting for the inevitable update to this title, ".......{<-oops!} months from now (2018 Update!)."
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
And you only come and update your thread when the price falls more.

But vanish when the price goes up.

Good luck!  Wink
Let's be honest, no one can call a perfect price at date X or date Y, but the trend is clearly down now, I think all year 2018 will be like this, but there are still many bumps, so a good opportunity for profitable trades.

This trend is useful for all those who had being waiting for the [price to fall so that they could buy and get bigger qty as compared to buying at high price. So if people start buying now will lead to increase in demand and eventually the price will also rise . Also seems the trend will not continue upwards from now on and not other way around.
legendary
legendary
... I can't remember what I said up thread but I think it was something in the region of 3500-4500...

silly me it's in the title... $2483!
legendary

Good luck!  Wink

I aim to not disappoint.
A lot of your predictions seem to turn out to be true. What still puzzles me is that your wrote you believe in Bitcoin Cash. Why?

Nothing more than has already been said countless times. The crux of it is that Bitcoin scales on-chain. Heresay, I know.

It seems inevitable to me that bitcoin will replace traditional cash. It also seems inevitable that, along the way, some people will try to stop that happening. Bitcoin was progressing just fine, adoption was progressing just fine. Now it isn't. It didn't happen overnight, take step back and look at how we got here. It started with Gavin's 20 meg, look at the characters involved, the great thing about the internet is there is a permanent record. Look for the reasons that some changed their position. You will find reasons that do not stand scrutiny. Reasons that are circular, unfounded, inexplicable.

Over time BTC started to become something else, and at first I was mad. Then BCH came and carried on where BTC left off. Now I am at peace again.

I repeat: Bitcoin scales on-chain.

I've been zhoutounged, goxxed, labbed, knc'ed ... nothing has changed my original thesis.

People that talk about "dumping bags" or w/e else are people that are just here to make (traditional) money, they are the ones that are pumping and dumping coins wihtout the slightest clue about what it is they are flipping. It's all just numbers on a screen.

I'm here because the world is going to change, and I am along for the ride. I am not pumping... I am quite convinced BTC *and* BCH are likely to both go down from here. I'm fine with that. I've been HODLing (for the longest time - if you know, you know!) i've seen the rise and fall before. I've watched $100 turn to $20. I've also watched $1 turn to $20. Mostly though I've watched 1BCH remain 1BCH. (There was that one time when 1BTC got me 5BCH though, that was fun Wink I honestly cant believe the opportunity is still there, eventually the door will close)

For those trader types out there, the floor for BTC is most certainly *not* in. I can't remember what I said up thread but I think it was something in the region of 3500-4500, if there were no BCH and if BTC had continued then that is where I would expect a bounce.

However things have changed this time around. When we do reach the bottom, only BCH will bounce. There will be no BTC recovery. Utility is the spark that lights the fire of speculative bubbles. BTC has killed utility chasing the "lightning network" which breaks network decentralisation and remakes bitcoin as a traditional hierarchical network. It's a stated objective in the LN whitepaper - section 8.4ish, I think - look for "routing", read their description of LN at scale.

LN is entirely unnecessary (bitcoin scales on-chain remember). It is a shiny thing to distract people. It's a backward step in creating p2p cash. It re-invents the status quo, and blocks native bitcoin adoption. At best devs/users are misguided, at worst it is intentionally hindering bitcoin's adoption.

If its price you are interested in (and its a reasonable proxy for success), remember: S-curve of adoption (driven by users), overlaid with speculative hype cycles (driven by gamblers). Still nothing has proven that model to be wrong. I'd expect it to repeat a few more times at least before it flattens as the weight of adoption far exceeds the gamblers speculative activities.

Did I mention yet? Bitcoin. Scales. On. Chain.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

Good luck!  Wink

I aim to not disappoint.
A lot of your predictions seem to turn out to be true. What still puzzles me is that your wrote you believe in Bitcoin Cash. Why?

He just wants to dump his free tokens on you  Tongue

Btw. i think we found a bottom, resistance at 5.7/8k seems very strong.

Activity: 322
Merit: 43

Good luck!  Wink

I aim to not disappoint.
legendary

Good luck!  Wink

I aim to not disappoint.

Good luck!  Wink
Let's be honest, no one can call a perfect price at date X or date Y, but the trend is clearly down now, I think all year 2018 will be like this, but there are still many bumps, so a good opportunity for profitable trades.
legendary
I don't spend a lot of time here you are right Smiley I'd come to see how badly my prediction had played out, and I couldn't let your comment go with its perfect timing!

I wonder if my comment will prove to be just as perfectly timed if we bounce here today.

Still, selling all BTC when I called top at 16.5k hasn't played out too badly Wink

legendary

Good luck!  Wink
legendary
Where's dat $2483 bearish call, sgbett?  Or even the $4100 one? Lol

Your timing couldn't have been better Smiley The red arrow is the date you posted. Did you think we were out of the woods?

We gonna hold 6k? I think not. You'll get a nice bounce after that though maybe 8-9.

Thats when the fun really starts, long way to go til 2021 Smiley
legendary
Where's dat $2483 bearish call, sgbett?  Or even the $4100 one? Lol
Well good news is I can afford to lose it, it was 15% of my savings, so not that bad all things considered but still a stressful situation to deal with.
I appreciate your advice and support.
legendary
Thanks very much sir for your input.
Now I have deep regrets, the decision I made last year to buy Bitcoin in July, while I was about to buy a year earlier (in 2016), but thought it was too risky and my savings were not big... if only I knew...

Now, I am curious to see how it fairs around the price of $6,000 because we are getting close, just like at the start of February.

I have:
0.18 BTC bought at $8500
1.43 ETH bought at $1100 (worst decision of my life)
0.31 BCH (free)

Things are getting nasty and all the profit I made last year (with BTC) are going to be canceled if I sell. I honestly don't know what to do, I promised myself to wait until November 2018 "wait and see" but recent times have been anything but encouraging.
Anyway, such is life, you win or you learn.  

It's hard. Made harder if you invested more than you can afford to lose!

Imagine its already gone. Every single dollar you put into crypto you should write off. It's the only safe way. Then if you hold and it goes to zero you are break even. Study "The Chart", understand the emotion you are going through, let it wash over you. Easier said than done.

Thanks very much sir for your input.
Now I have deep regrets, the decision I made last year to buy Bitcoin in July, while I was about to buy a year earlier (in 2016), but thought it was too risky and my savings were not big... if only I knew...

Now, I am curious to see how it fairs around the price of $6,000 because we are getting close, just like at the start of February.

I have:
0.18 BTC bought at $8500
1.43 ETH bought at $1100 (worst decision of my life)
0.31 BCH (free)

Things are getting nasty and all the profit I made last year (with BTC) are going to be canceled if I sell. I honestly don't know what to do, I promised myself to wait until November 2018 "wait and see" but recent times have been anything but encouraging.
Anyway, such is life, you win or you learn.  
Pages:
Jump to: