Pages:
Author

Topic: Can any ALTCOIN ever overtake Bitcoin ? - page 2. (Read 2459 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
December 16, 2018, 08:37:43 AM
It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

Forget overtaking can any ALTCOIN ever reach a value near Bitcoin.
In my opinion, this will not happen, bitcoin is a favorite in this market, until the priorities change, there will always be the king of bitcoin. There are many interesting and advanced coins, but a worthy replacement is not expected.
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
December 16, 2018, 08:36:17 AM
Yes, in some cases, but I haven't seen yet such altcoin.
BTC dominancion is still 50%,so it is hard to compete with bitcoins as it remains digital gold
Activity: 314
Merit: 11
I'm not investor
December 16, 2018, 07:50:41 AM
what you mean "overtake"? if you are talking about the market cap, soon altcoin will be a new king Smiley
EOS and Ethereum have a big potential to replace bitcoin Tongue
However, I think altcoin price can't exceed the bitcoin price!
Activity: 434
December 16, 2018, 07:47:20 AM
I never think that there is any altcoin can overtake bitcoin because bitcoin is more expensive than other  coins even the price of all coins in the crypto world falling because bitcoin is the center of all digital coins, and there is no coins can compete  bitcoin as a king of crypto world.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 260
December 16, 2018, 07:29:53 AM
It was to hard to predict if any altcoins can overtake bitcoin.
But maybe in the future that have altcoins can surpass or overtake bitcoin, Actually for now they are to many altcoins are trying to overtake bitcoin but it take a years to overtake on it.
copper member
Activity: 118
Merit: 0
December 16, 2018, 06:50:34 AM
Not each of alt is ready to overtake bitcoin,but few of the most hype and technology advanced will be able to do that.
Pchain looks good!
Activity: 308
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
December 16, 2018, 06:45:12 AM
It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

I do not feel right about how you say you can beat Bitcoin's price, so do you know what's going on with crypto now? At present, the price situation on the market fell very cheap, causing hot altcoin like btc, eth ... very heavy discounts. So you came up with this when you made that assertion Sad
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
December 16, 2018, 06:26:11 AM
This is highly unlikely but in this industry, a lot of strange things happen and it will be stupid to completely rule out the possibility of another coin overtaking BTC. It has to do with acceptance and adoption as well as public backing. If a new coin gets such qualities and become highly adopted, it could mean better market capitalization as a result of liquidity (more buys and sells) leading to much improved and better usage. Ultimately, this will lead to people abandoning BTC for such a coin resulting in such a coin overtaking BTC in terms of adoptability/usage. But lke I said, this is highly unlikely since BTC controls almost everything in the market at the moment.
Activity: 280
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
December 16, 2018, 05:32:38 AM
This is not the case. Most cryptocurrencies exist only to be able to get money from traders, not to develop more advanced cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 322
December 16, 2018, 05:29:17 AM
I don't think that's possible. Bitcoin is not just the first cryptocurrency. It is a cryptocurrency that controls absolutely the entire market and that sets the rules now. Don't see coins, which is able to replace him
Activity: 51
December 16, 2018, 05:20:25 AM
only ethereum has come close to bitcoin.  those who have diversified wallets might able to give their opinions about this.  i only have bitcoin and a few ethereum..but my friends have other coins but still lean more on btc.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
December 15, 2018, 07:42:03 PM

nothing can Overthrow BTC  Grin Grin Grin not even a NUKE
We should back to the last year when the total marketcap of altcoin has surpassed bitcoin. at that time and bitcoin has only got 33% domination on the CMC which means it looks possible to altcoin to overtake bitcoin but remember this terms in the total marketcap.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
December 15, 2018, 07:23:03 PM
I think it's possible, but not in the next couple of years. Despite the fact that bitcoin has fallen so much in price, It is still the leader in capitalization by a large margin.
Activity: 52
December 15, 2018, 01:36:10 PM

I don't think that will be possible... no Altcoin can reach Btc
Activity: 52
December 15, 2018, 01:12:49 PM
As of now not, BTC is the first and has very limited quantity
Activity: 53
December 15, 2018, 01:09:41 PM

nothing can Overthrow BTC  Grin Grin Grin not even a NUKE
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
December 15, 2018, 12:45:08 PM
Maybe this will be someday, but it probably won't be in near future. Now we are watching for the falling, and there are no really breakthrough projects.
Activity: 320
December 15, 2018, 04:47:58 AM
I am absolutely sure, that bitcoin is the hottest crypto currencies. And also I know that altcoin is just a huge amount of coins that perform a bunch of functions. I deeply doubt that they are capable of surpassing bitcoin
Activity: 475
Merit: 100
December 14, 2018, 01:02:26 PM
I think sooner or later that will happen, bitcoin no matter how useful it may be is not the best coin in the market, other transaction coins are pretty good, like dash or stellar, so there are replacements waiting, the only thing that keeps bitcoin in that position is the value people give it in the market.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
December 14, 2018, 12:56:56 PM
Some promising altcoins will be able to outrun bitcoin in price, but this may not happen soon. In order for this to happen, Bitcoin must first lose its price dominance over other types of cryptocurrency, dropping in the volume of capitalization to the level of capitalization of other coins. Therefore, in all likelihood, this can happen only when Bitcoin loses its popularity and its level of capitalization falls along with its price. Only after that the altcoins will be able to overtake him in price. Theoretically, this is possible, especially since Bitcoin is not in the best shape, given its scalability of seven transactions per second.
Pages:
Jump to: