Pages:
Author

Topic: Can any ALTCOIN ever overtake Bitcoin ? - page 3. (Read 2459 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 101
December 14, 2018, 12:46:58 PM
It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

Forget overtaking can any ALTCOIN ever reach a value near Bitcoin.

I'm not sure that any alternative currency will be able to bypass bitcoin by capitalization. But we see that the market is very manipulative. And in such a market anything can happen. It is possible that Ripple will do it .. But bitcoin is very much trusted by market players.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
December 14, 2018, 12:19:35 PM
It's almost 8 months of 2018 and we have not seen any reasonable hikes for the altcoins,
It was only Ethereum that hit a good value of almost 1.4k$ in the beginning of the year . Since then it's pretty dull.

Forget overtaking can any ALTCOIN ever reach a value near Bitcoin.
If you are expecting any kind of price hike for the coins you are in for a world of hurt, this is the year of the bear and the next year is most likely just going to continue in the bear. It is time to make peace with the fact that there is no way that we are actually going to see any kind of bull in the market this year. Get comfortable with the bear
Activity: 187
Merit: 1
December 13, 2018, 06:07:15 PM
I think for now there are no altcoins that overtake bitcoin, moreover all the price of coins goes down, and for bitcoin itself even though the price has dropped but it is still the top coin in crypto until now and no one can beat it

there are some coin with price higher than bitcoin but their volumes are too low and most of people even didn't hear about them.
If BTC continues dropping, it will take just a bit of money to actually flip it, so altcoin devs might be tempted (if they're millionaires from bitcoin already).
If the bull comes soon, then that's highly unlikely.
Time will tell, I'm ready for both scenarios
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
December 13, 2018, 06:07:07 PM
Only the most potential altcoins have a chance to do it,for instance ethereum.
But now btc dominance is over 50%,so I think it will not happen within 5 years
Activity: 1414
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
December 13, 2018, 06:04:56 PM
I think that it is almost impossible since Bitcoin should always be the number one cryptocurrency on the market

and if we look behind,,
if bitcoin didn't born, i think altcoins will never born too,,
so, i'm sure bitcoin will allways be the king of cryptocurrencies my friend
regards
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
December 13, 2018, 05:47:38 PM
I think for now there are no altcoins that overtake bitcoin, moreover all the price of coins goes down, and for bitcoin itself even though the price has dropped but it is still the top coin in crypto until now and no one can beat it

there are some coin with price higher than bitcoin but their volumes are too low and most of people even didn't hear about them.
Activity: 98
December 13, 2018, 04:15:00 PM
In our fast world, anything can happen, especially in the world of cryptocurrencies. No one can specify or determine which coin can beat Bitcoin. There are currently no coins that can beat bitcoin. While bitcoin is still the number one coin. But altcoins can overtake bitcoin in 10-12 years.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
December 12, 2018, 10:32:53 PM
I think that it is almost impossible since Bitcoin should always be the number one cryptocurrency on the market
This is the most accurate to say.

It is 'almost impossible' but we don't know what trend will replace bitcoin's popularity in the future. But as of the moment, bitcoin is the best coin and it can't be overtaken by any altcoin there. Alts are alts and bitcoin is bitcoin which can't be changed.
Activity: 728
December 12, 2018, 10:32:09 PM
bitcoin will always be the top spot. the market is dominated by bitcoin even until half the better and certainly will not be taken over by altcoin. Although altcoin continued popping up and there are new innovations, but this will not be enough to shift the position of the bitcoin from the Summit. When will indeed happen panning will certainly be influential to other altcoin or crypto balance.
Activity: 700
December 12, 2018, 10:19:30 PM
maybe this can happen in the future but I am still doubting which altcoin that could be, because Bitcoin is a principality in the cryptocurrency world, If any of such will happen, that will be in decades.
It is still too early to say this because we are still not sure what will happen in the future. I believe that Bitcoin will still be an option for everyone because its potential is huge and no one can compare to Bitcoin at this time.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
December 12, 2018, 10:16:26 PM
maybe this can happen in the future but I am still doubting which altcoin that could be, because Bitcoin is a principality in the cryptocurrency world, If any of such will happen, that will be in decades.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
December 12, 2018, 10:11:18 PM
In terms of uses, ALTCOINS can possibly overtake BITCOIN but in terms of value, I don't think it is possible since BITCOIN is the mother of all coins and it is the basis of the prices. The characteristics of the Altcoins having smaller in value is their advantage for investors when the market rise up. They start small then they eventually get a higher value.
Activity: 378
December 12, 2018, 10:08:55 PM
Activity: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 12, 2018, 09:56:43 PM
I don't think so, especially now that the value of eth is very cheap today and if we are going to compare the price of btc and eth, there is a big gap even though we could say that eth will increase. The potential of btc still stands out.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
December 12, 2018, 06:53:06 PM
Still believe in the near future they have coins or maybe the ethereum will become or overtake bitcoin as king.
They need only time for that they takes few years before it happen because that is not easy because market now dumping the value.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
December 12, 2018, 06:52:17 PM
For now, there is no altcoins that can reach the value of bitcoin. As we see everytime bitcoin drops its value all altcoins follow. Its like bitcoin is controlling the market.
Activity: 756
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 12, 2018, 06:51:45 PM
in my opinion it won't work because bitcoin is the main currency in cryptocurrencies and he is the altcoin leader. up and down the price of bitcoin will have an impact on altcoin. bitcoin like the dollar USD in fiat dollars controls and affects all fiat money. and also the price of bitcoin and altcoin is very different and also the trading volume of bitcin is always the highest, nothing beats. so I think there won't be an altcoin that overtakes bitcoin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
December 12, 2018, 06:48:42 PM
Therr is no stable thing in this world. So i thinks one day there will be one altcoin that can posibly overtake bitcoin. There are so many good altcoins in the market. But they will need longer time before they can surpass bitcoin.
Activity: 196
December 12, 2018, 06:45:42 PM
Activity: 854
December 12, 2018, 06:41:34 PM
I think this can happen only when the price of Bitcoin falls below $ 1000, but then the prices of all other coins will fall along with the price of Bitcoin. In other words, the market needs to equalize the price of all coins, including Bitcoin, the lower everything will be, the greater the chance for some coins to grow and outrun Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: