Pages:
Author

Topic: Can any other crypto replace bitcoin? - page 30. (Read 8842 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 114
September 04, 2018, 11:49:32 AM
This is a difficult opinion for me to answer between agree or not. Given Bitcoin is the first altcoin although at this time Ethereum I think is the second altcoin that I like very much. Regarding Ripple and Litecoin, I honestly lack the knowledge and understand it. But listening to some expert its never going to happen. Bitcoin will be no 1
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
September 04, 2018, 11:48:28 AM
in any crypto world it can happen, even the possibility of bitcoin being replaced by another crypto, but in my opinion altcoin which is very potential to replace the position of bitcoin is ethereum, because ethereum has always been number two after bitcoin, and also ethereum has become an important part in the crypto world
Possibly in the future, ETH will be replaced by other altcoins like NEO (Neo is competing with ETH and it will soon replace ETH in the future).
But for BTC I do not think any altcoin can replace it
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
September 04, 2018, 11:45:30 AM
I think altcoins can not replace btc. Btc is the father of altcoins. Altcoins are relying on some btc. If there is a replacement, then wait too long.
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
September 04, 2018, 11:38:27 AM
There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

Very impossible since in my belief altcoins will always be altcoin from the word itself " Alternative " so it means that nothing can compare to bitcoin or no altcoin can replace bitcoin as rank 1 .
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
September 04, 2018, 11:37:39 AM
in any crypto world it can happen, even the possibility of bitcoin being replaced by another crypto, but in my opinion altcoin which is very potential to replace the position of bitcoin is ethereum, because ethereum has always been number two after bitcoin, and also ethereum has become an important part in the crypto world
copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
September 04, 2018, 11:36:20 AM
Only bitcoin alone stands for crypto currencys.
So i cant imagine it being replaced by another coin at some point.
Yet all altcoins will continue to try.
Activity: 12
September 04, 2018, 11:28:28 AM
Bitcoin's value is not entirely tied to its technology, but also to its network of users.  There is a big network of physical exchanges that let people buy/sell fiat for bitcoin.  This has a lot of value because most people will see bitcoin as the first cryptocurrency they deal with.

The use-case of bitcoin is currently value holding and will soon become a currency for DAO's.

Other crypto-currency will probably increase to a bigger market-cap then bitcoin in the future, simply because their business has more growth potential.

At the end of the day, we need to build bridges between all decentralized projects to make it easy to build projects on top of these foundations...  I personally believe that bitcoin will never fall to zero simply because it will be the currency in a lot of DAO's in the future, while the coin of each DAO will operate like a "permit to do business" in the DAO itself.

Thanks,
Steve

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
September 04, 2018, 10:59:21 AM
Yes, I agree that there are a huge number of altcoins, but none of them can replace Bitcoin, at least in the coming years. However, no one knows what will happen in 5 years, and what will happen to cryptocurrencies.
copper member
Activity: 154
September 04, 2018, 10:56:24 AM
I'm not sure that in the near future any Alcoyne will be able to compete strongly with Bitcoin. Although work on this is in full swing. Ethereum capitalization is far from Bitcoin. But the expanded platform of coins based on Ethereum is the hope that Ethereum will get to the level of Bitcoin, but not very soon.
Activity: 196
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 04, 2018, 10:56:11 AM
There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???
bitcoin and other alts are connected so there's no way for disappearing of one of it. and bitcoin is the most popular, i agree. but eth is growing stronger
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
September 04, 2018, 10:51:38 AM
I doubt it. Of course there is a lot of interesting and promising coins. But could any of them replace Bitcoin? No way. It's like children replacing a father.
Activity: 168
September 04, 2018, 10:35:59 AM
Many attribute this title to the Ethereum and Litecoin. Undoubtedly, they are strong crypto-currencies. Who have all the chances to get ahead and be leaders. But as for me, until Bitcoin is too early.
brand new
Activity: 0
September 03, 2018, 02:15:56 PM
On the other hand when i look the current mood of the market, i think there is no competitor that can replace the bitcoin. No one knows what will happen in future. In this market, sometimes everything seems so possible.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
September 04, 2018, 10:34:02 AM
Bitcoin's capitalization is the highest one, as it was the luckiest coin to get the highest level of the community trust, which will be never surpassed.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
September 04, 2018, 10:32:37 AM

You have to understand a simple thing - bitcoin is not dependent on the development of his own blockchain. Its value is expressed in another, namely, in the desire of people to own it. Ethereum, Waves and other projects have more developed blockchains, but bitcoin will always remain the first number in the crypto market.
Activity: 85
September 03, 2018, 03:14:03 PM
I think that yes if all coins will be mined as I see bitcoin will disappear and obviously replaced by other coin.
Activity: 378
September 03, 2018, 03:09:48 PM
There was only one thing stable among the cryptocurrencies in the past, and that is Bitcoin being the most valuable coin. But we also see it's dominance decreasing, and some competitors got quite close to it, like Ethereum. We will see, what future will bring, I have no doubt Bitcoin will remain a valuable coin, but there are Altcoins chasing it, and some day the better tech may will defeat the traditionaly leader, bitcoin.
I doubt that this will happen. At the moment there is no such altcoin, which at least a bit like bitcoin. And I think that soon this will not happen. Bitcoin will stay on top for a long time
   I agree. Let him rule the ball ... Why look for a replacement? He is not such a grandfather as some say) And why are they looking for a replacement?
Activity: 287
September 03, 2018, 03:06:50 PM
no crypto replace bitcoin there are articles on internet these coins will replace bitcoins and next bitcoin but none of those statements are true in reality these are misleading for newbies
Activity: 126
September 03, 2018, 02:56:16 PM
My idea regarding that is altcoins are very hard to replace bitcoin on its place. because of altcoins are also depending with bitcoin.
Activity: 266
September 03, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
There was only one thing stable among the cryptocurrencies in the past, and that is Bitcoin being the most valuable coin. But we also see it's dominance decreasing, and some competitors got quite close to it, like Ethereum. We will see, what future will bring, I have no doubt Bitcoin will remain a valuable coin, but there are Altcoins chasing it, and some day the better tech may will defeat the traditionaly leader, bitcoin.
I doubt that this will happen. At the moment there is no such altcoin, which at least a bit like bitcoin. And I think that soon this will not happen. Bitcoin will stay on top for a long time
Pages:
Jump to: