Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 11. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 08:30:23 AM
Bitcoin isn't a magic wand. How should any currency cope with with greed and fear? You have to eliminate these both factors to end poverty.
Activity: 845
Merit: 56
March 19, 2018, 08:20:38 AM
Are you kidding? 65 percent of btc is owned by 0.07 percent of wallets LOOOOOOL.

Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
March 18, 2018, 05:50:08 PM
Absolutely not.
A currency is only a representation of value, but in itself it has none. And bitcoins are coins.
If you are poor with dollars, you will also be poor with  bitcoins.
Activity: 179
March 18, 2018, 05:44:12 PM
In my opinion, Bitcoin can overcome the world's poverty. Because, it has contributed a lot to poverty alleviation in the present world. At the rate at which Bitcoin members are growing, it is expected that in the future it will be able to berate more unemployed people. So bitcoin is the best in the world.
It already have done very well, as now most of people in my country are rich because they are investors of bitcoin but the remaining are struggling as they are new to bitcoin, people are now employed they have bitcoin job which is being reason for high price, increasing demand of bitcoin is rising the price so It is making people rich gradually, economy of my country has been improved as people are employed, they got rid of unemployment and they can earn high amount of profit as well. So yes bitcoin is playing vital role to make my country rich and reduce the poverty.

Poverty is already there before Bitcoin exist. And I do believe that Bitcoin can't end world poverty but can reduce and improve others lives. And besides it's up to the people if they are willing to adapt the changes in life. Lazy people will stay poor and only those persevere will alleviate.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 04:03:01 PM
In my opinion, Bitcoin can overcome the world's poverty. Because, it has contributed a lot to poverty alleviation in the present world. At the rate at which Bitcoin members are growing, it is expected that in the future it will be able to berate more unemployed people. So bitcoin is the best in the world.
It already have done very well, as now most of people in my country are rich because they are investors of bitcoin but the remaining are struggling as they are new to bitcoin, people are now employed they have bitcoin job which is being reason for high price, increasing demand of bitcoin is rising the price so It is making people rich gradually, economy of my country has been improved as people are employed, they got rid of unemployment and they can earn high amount of profit as well. So yes bitcoin is playing vital role to make my country rich and reduce the poverty.
Activity: 176
March 17, 2018, 11:44:36 PM
In my opinion, bitcoin can not end poverty, if reducing poverty for us can, because for them easy way to do things easy for our society. So for us to be able to reduce poverty,
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
March 17, 2018, 11:40:50 PM
Shouldn't the question be, can we end poverty?

If all all the money was shared out equally, would we be equally wealthy or equally poor?
I think poor, because the money would be worthless.
Money is only worth something when it is unequally distributed.

What the poor need is not money.
It is resources, and knowledge, and opportunities to use them, freedom.

Activity: 136
March 17, 2018, 11:23:17 PM
Even if it can't end world poverty, but it can play very pivotal role in minimizing world poverty.
Activity: 83
March 17, 2018, 11:12:15 PM
. whether or not bitcoin ends the world's poverty depends on us to really follow the rules of bitcoin itself, so for me now bitcoin as a means to make me add to the financial economy and end poverty to make the future and life meaning better
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
March 17, 2018, 11:04:12 PM
Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? No, it can't. Although Bitcoin can help many people who is owning it, get rich very fast but everybody, especially poor people is too hard to owns bitcoin because of the high price of bitcoin. But i think Blockchain which is behind technology of bitcoin, will change the world. The technology can help people without access to banks...so in that aspect, it can help bring financial structure to certain areas in third world countries thereby it help decentralization poor and rich in the society is reduce.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
March 17, 2018, 10:58:02 PM
No it cant end world poverty because everyday there are new born children on the poverty society that will live on poverty and cant even know how to use a computer and access the internet to earn bitcoin. But it will help some who have knowledge in the technology and can start to earn bitcoins.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
March 17, 2018, 10:35:25 PM
Poverty is epidemic. You can see it in different forms. People lack the means of satisfying their basic needs such as food, water, clothing, housing, internet access, education, etc. We have been trying tons of solutions for so many years to eradicate this problem completely. We have spent bazillions of resources to implement programs and projects to ease the situation of the less fortunate people at least. Despite these efforts, poverty still stands in front of us, having no plans to vanish any time soon. So, even with the existence of Bitcoin, we can not annihilate this monster and the traces of it yet. First and foremost, all of us should be able to exercise our right to information and Internet access. In addition, unless people whether an individual or the government know how to use their money wisely, then we can not move one step forward to solving this problem.

I don't agree with your think, the poverty exist becuase the system so want it, those programs that you underline are almost inefficient, while it's true that the people need food, water, clothing,etc. the most importante to people need is knowledge, the knowledge provides the means. The BTC have shown to be able to generate value. Often there is poor people to are lazy (poverty and laziness is don't closely associated), but if those people could have to access at Bitcoin world, I'm sure poverty would reduce in the world
Activity: 154
March 17, 2018, 08:05:21 PM
It is possible to end poverty if all people are involved at bitcoin or government will support it and they will use it to help others specially the needy ones, and they spend it for charities, foundations etc, that something that can give benefits to needy people or to our community.

Maybe not end but at least lessen the rate of poverty population.If there is a formal teaching of bitcoin maybe many will be interested,after seeing the good benefits and profitable investments.But for me poverty is a choice,if someone choose to be at that level for life time its his or her choice.Because there is a lot of way to ease  poverty its  just you must work hard for it.One solution of poverty is lessen the childrens rate each family.If you are a responsible parent you will always think the future of your child so if your not financialy stable just have 2-3 children so you can give there needs.Sometimes having a big family is difficult to manage and sustain there needs so from there hunger will be present and poverty will be every where.Bitcoin may help people to lessen poverty but not totaly end worlds most biggest problem.
Activity: 434
March 17, 2018, 07:50:49 PM
I am thinking about those third world countries if how they will embrace the technology considering that there are areas that have no internet yet. If they can just access the internet, poverty will surely reduced due to crypto.
In my opinion any country has internet. But because their level and technology are not accessible to the BTC and their government does not accept the BTC. So BTC did not come to them. But if they have the spirit of learning, BTC will gradually come to them and help them out of poverty.
Activity: 63
March 17, 2018, 07:36:04 PM
I am thinking about those third world countries if how they will embrace the technology considering that there are areas that have no internet yet. If they can just access the internet, poverty will surely reduced due to crypto.
Activity: 224
March 17, 2018, 07:21:29 PM
For me i think bitcoin doesn't take care of the issue of world poverty, because it considered as like any other investment like gold or diamonds or stocks. Crytocurrency is just a virtual instrument that people can utilize it as a source of gaining to overcome their financial needs but those just who are only involved on a virtual currency world. However many people still do not understand about the use of bitcoin.
Activity: 322
March 17, 2018, 07:32:30 AM
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
March 17, 2018, 06:20:00 AM
Yes! bitcoin can end poverty but it can also decrease the level of our economy. Bitcoin is like an international trade wherein we work for others so there econony increases.
I don’t think so that the economy will go down, but yes the poverty of the world will decrease and the reason is quite simple that now all the money which is in the banks are providing the profits to the elites of this world which are spread in every corner of the world, they are sucking all the profit and leave the people with the inflations in their respective countries. With decentralized currency in charge, this can be minimized and more money can be shifted to the lower class.
Activity: 125
March 16, 2018, 11:37:01 PM
Don't be delusional. People think that bitcoin can end world poverty because there's a huge amount of money invested on bitcoins. They think that if you can get enough bitcoins, then in the future you can become rich. But that's just it. That's just you. The people from third world countries will remain poor. There will always be people starving. There will always be people that will remain a useless part of the economy because of the lack of skills and education.

With the logic that bitcoin can end world poverty because there's a lot of money invested on bitcoin, we can also claim that abundant resources from different places of the world can end world hunger. But you see, that's not the case. People will not just start funding these projects. People will not just start feeding the poor or educating them. There are people conducting feeding program but they always have an ulterior motive. Sad but true
Activity: 52
March 16, 2018, 10:42:44 PM
Poverty is epidemic. You can see it in different forms. People lack the means of satisfying their basic needs such as food, water, clothing, housing, internet access, education, etc. We have been trying tons of solutions for so many years to eradicate this problem completely. We have spent bazillions of resources to implement programs and projects to ease the situation of the less fortunate people at least. Despite these efforts, poverty still stands in front of us, having no plans to vanish any time soon. So, even with the existence of Bitcoin, we can not annihilate this monster and the traces of it yet. First and foremost, all of us should be able to exercise our right to information and Internet access. In addition, unless people whether an individual or the government know how to use their money wisely, then we can not move one step forward to solving this problem.
Pages:
Jump to: