Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 13. (Read 3230 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 0
Probably yes, by choosing wrong wallet we may looose our coins. And it happened to me a few days ago. Because of my negligence I lose what i've worked for so many days. I'd forgot that I already uninstall/install the apps and the wallet address take differ from the account that i pinned on my apps so when i withdrew it, i didnt receive anything.
Activity: 155
Merit: 1
Most wallets are safe until proven otherwise, my advice for you today is to follow up with the said wallet,  but for the purpose of future occurrence try to use only wallets that is globally known
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
Lose coin in wrong wallet Huh
I think wallet in crypto usually have a good secure, but sometimes hacker can hack some wallet.
That happened to my friend, they loss all of ETH, but not for Altcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

Yes all your coins might be compromised if you choose if you choose not secured wallet so i must suggest to use MEW myetherwallet because its safe and protected and aside from you can use this wallet for free.
Activity: 176
MeVu
It's possible when you found your wallet on not so much verified website, they could save the access to your wallet and slowly rob you from the coins. The best wallets are highly rated by the users, use them.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Many users of cryptocurrencies think about where it is safest to store their funds and which of the crypto-currency wallets is the most convenient and reliable.You should choose a popular online storage with a good reputation. Among the online crypto-wallets there are multi-currency ones. They allow you to store various crypto coins in one place. The option of using online wallets is perfect for novice users, since the latter, as practice shows, are not always able to provide a proper level of secure storage of coins, as well as work with "light" or "thick" cryptocurrency wallets on your computer.

Online wallets are strongly against the principle of "your key your coins". If they get hacked and your coins are gone, there is often no way to get them back.
Activity: 350
Merit: 111
Many users of cryptocurrencies think about where it is safest to store their funds and which of the crypto-currency wallets is the most convenient and reliable.You should choose a popular online storage with a good reputation. Among the online crypto-wallets there are multi-currency ones. They allow you to store various crypto coins in one place. The option of using online wallets is perfect for novice users, since the latter, as practice shows, are not always able to provide a proper level of secure storage of coins, as well as work with "light" or "thick" cryptocurrency wallets on your computer.
Activity: 216
If there is no system for share your private key then it is safe. If a forum or sites have to right for access in your private key then there is a big chance that you may scamed. It’s also depend upon the sites who build it for bad intension. It is impossible to find or discover who have bad intension till they scam with people. So I think unless they scam people they are safe..
Activity: 63
Merit: 5
Yes, of course you can lose your coins by choosing a wrong wallet. And if you want to prevent from losing of coins then you must learn how to choose the right one in this kind of business.
Activity: 42
It is simple if anyone who has access to your keys they can easily steal your money as well.
copper member
Activity: 205
Merit: 2
Try to use well-known wallets, don't put big money in new ones, as you never know. Even better choice is to use hard wallets over online wallets, and if you use online wallets, keep all passwords and private keys to external devices.
Activity: 238
I think it is safe to use already known wallets. This new service can be a good one. But who knows. So for the safety purposes I think you should use an old already trusted wallet.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Yep, you'll lose it all if you send your cryptocurrency to a wallet which don't support that kind of cryptocurrency Smiley. For example, you send non ERC-20 token to ERC-20 token wallet so you'll lose it all. But in your situation I think you still have chance to take them back by contacting to support of this wallet.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

if you save coins in the wrong wallet, then you will lose the coin. because people can easily take the coins that you save. especially if you save coins in your wallet with a phishing site then all the coins will be lost. this is according to my understanding.
Activity: 584
Merit: 100
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
If you do not any issue with the old wallet, i see no reason why you should rush now into using the new wallet. Virtually everything in crypto now has to be confirmed first, tested and trusted, so as not to loose your fund. Please, stick to the old wallet for now if no issue.
It is too much important that to do conform for so many time before sending your coin to anyone. It is true that there are so many cases where people have sent their coins in to a wrong address and they lost it forever. Therefore it is too much important to be careful while sending our coins to any address.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
according to my understanding, we will not lose coins that we store with a wallet that is wrong provided we still store the private key. but it's better we store our coins in the wallet address that already has recommendations so that our coins are safe.
Activity: 67
Yes you can lose your all coin if you choose wrong someday ago i was searching something at google i saw that some wallet are fake they can be easily hack...
Activity: 237
having a wrong wallet will lose your coins, and it is non-refundable.
ERC-20 tokens must be on ERC-20 wallet.
same goes with NEP5 tokens.
if you will download the wallet they provide it is also has a chance that one might have a virus that can harm your files.
Activity: 202
If you end up entering your details on the wrong website, then yes, you can lose everything you've made so far.
The key is to never enter your private key in any xyz website.
The only place I trust is myetherwallet
Activity: 491
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

its actually dangerous if you dont really know the wallet, but you can look for the feedback from other users about how they experienced using that wallet, before you use it, you must have some vouch coming from them first.
Pages:
Jump to: