Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 10. (Read 3230 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
You might have lose your coin if someone aims to do so via a new wallet. Through that wallet, someone can easily hace access to your wallet. So, it's better to check their source code and find out some opinion.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Of course you can, because if we have sent our coin to the wallet then we cannot cancel it in just one second, so if you want to send a coin I recommend attention to the wallet you want to send the coin.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
You have to learn more about wallet applications until you can ascertain for yourself whether we will be safe to keep some valuable assets that we have if it has been proven to be safe enough to store a number of tokens so there is no harm in using it but if it is not safe enough, leave it because there are still many safer new wallet.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130
Yes, such a statement is really correct. An error in choosing a wallet may be fraught with the loss of all its money on it. Therefore, you need to be careful about choosing the right wallet you trust the public. Responsibly treat this issue to protect your assets.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Of course! If new storages save your tokens on their wallets, this is a very risky way to store cryptocurrency. In this case, you do not have private access keys, which is not proof of your ownership. MyEtherWallet is the only one we can trust. + Jaxx, Metamask.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1
I don't know situations with such problems at all so  I can say that it is impossible. There is only one way of your loss and it is your wrong decision about investing or buying which will be the reason of these losses. I am sure that you can lose money only in this case.
Activity: 322
Merit: 21
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

I already visit the link above and it seems interesting at some point. But I always stick on my local wallet which is coins.ph. Also, I use MEW for my alternative coins for the reason of high security service and it's quality too ( by fast transaction and other thing ) . Well, avoid those interesting one and use the trusted one for good. It obviously answered you titled question " can I lose my coins by choosing a wrong wallet?", a big YES!
Activity: 462

I believe that a mistake in choosing a wallet can really pose a threat to your savings. I prefer to work with reliable hardware wallets, usually they are simple and safe to use.
Activity: 686
Merit: 13
Yes if you choose the wrong wallet  it is your fault and no one can help to recover your coin always make your own research before creating wallet account as know exchange wallet are not allowed to get any coin
Activity: 168
yes of course you can lose your money if you choose not a safe wallet. I think it's better to take the time to choose a good purse.
Well, recently this topic has become one of the most popular. After all, the security of our crypto currency. It is most important! So, I advise you not to keep the crypt in unreliable purses. After all, this promises you to lose (
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
You can lose all of your coins if you choose wrong wallet. Not all wallets is legit and worth to trust. You should use legit wallet and high recommended by crypto community.
Activity: 504
I think its not depend on what wallet will you put your coins. It depend on how you secure your coin. Even if the wallet is secure if you are not careful enough you could lose your coin.
Activity: 770

before you use it you should first make sure the wallet is safe or not. because now there is too much fraud with various modes.
Activity: 336
I think it's better not to trust an unofficial developer. Wallets store information about your private key. The developer can steal this information. Be careful!
Now in general, very carefully choose a purse for their crypto currency. And it is better to start not one, as for me. A low-quality wallet is easy to crack. And then you will lose your precious crypto currency .. And then you will fail.
I can say that basically it happens. After all, a reliable, high-quality purse is the guarantee of the security of your funds. After all, the wrong chosen wallet is easy to crack. And then you lose all your coins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
You must be careful in choosing a wallet for you to use to store your coins. If you choose the wrong wallet, of course you will lose all the coins you have.

Activity: 644
Merit: 101
It's just as obvious as everything else in the world, I think that you can draw an analogy with the fact that if you would simply give money to the storage of unknown people, you would probably understand that this is not right and that you do not have money
Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!
Yes you are in a danger to loose fund specially if it was used for eth smart contract . Anyway always do double check before sending\receiving any kind of coins and make sure it is the right wallet . some members write it down in a paper to be 100 % sure .
I've experience it though, and I realize it after creating sending transaction. It's totally a big loss for us cause we can't do anything for its recovery. Its a sort of learning for me and I now very skeptic which could make me to double check all the entries I've made.
Pages:
Jump to: