Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 11. (Read 3232 times)

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
Your professional profile on the blockchain
Yes you are in a danger to loose fund specially if it was used for eth smart contract . Anyway always do double check before sending\receiving any kind of coins and make sure it is the right wallet . some members write it down in a paper to be 100 % sure .
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130
Yes, I believe that there is such a danger if you start working with the wrong wallet. My friends have already encountered a similar problem - so there is a threat. Unfortunately, many people simply do not think about this problem, which makes hackers more likely to earn money.
Activity: 214
Merit: 0
This is the most risky subject in cryptocurrency. It is very risky to change exiting wallet to new wallet. However existing wallets are very safer than newly introduced wallets.
copper member
Activity: 378
your private key is the most important thing you should be care of while choosing your wallet. you have to store your hard earned coin in your wallet. youhave to take care of few things. first you should not share your private key with anyone. you should not store it on your computer.if you have very much excess coin then you must usr advance technolozy to store .
Activity: 85
The wrong wallet may be fraudulent, etc. I think you should use a more familiar wallet, because it is related to your property security!
copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
If you have control on your private keys they your funds in safe.  But if they stole your private key. Then your funds in high risk...
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Yes, of course, you can. Also, you can lose all your coins in the correct wallet too, if you won`t keep your information in safe or go to the phishing site. Be careful about choosing your wallet and information storage.
Activity: 94
Besides coins, what do you send to this new wallet? Why don't you use an old wallet? Sometimes the new wallet is not as good as the old one. actually, this kind of al is very risky as it is one of the most important safety components. In addition, you must copy all your QR codes from the exchange, because your device can be destroyed.
Hopefully, you can take your cryptocurrency back and this will be a very expensive lesson for you. Before transferring, you must check whether they can save the cryptocurrency that you will transfer first. That is all
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
if you are not careful, the wallet is very easy to hack. before you decide to use the new wallet, you should first check whether the wallet is safe to store your crypto.
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
Im not a tech geek, but i think if you using wrong wallet, your address ownership can be leaked, if you want to using wallet make sure you check the source code or read review about it from experts
Activity: 393
Merit: 17
Yes, only one mistake word in your receipt address in any blockchain network, your money (coin) will lost forever and no one can take it back for you. Becarefull and 2 check before comfirm any tx
besides, also be careful in storing local wallet, make sure you have a backup wallet this also often happens when someone loses a private key or reinstalls the computer. because everything is valuable so making good decisions on transactions or security for your assets welcome on crypto world.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Yes of course, this is because some bounties have their own different kinds of Wallet built specifically by them to accommodate their own coin. For instance; their is a bounty named Ripaex that has it's own wallet and you submit the ERC20 wallet while registering your content, when it's time for token distribution; you'll find out from the spreadsheet that they wouldn't be able to allocate their token to that wallet that is not recommended by them.

Therefore, in other to avoid cases of losing your coin you worked hard for, please strictly read every instruction from any bounty if you're to use the ERC20 wallet or you're to use their own wallet.
Activity: 420
This may well happen especially if you make your choice in favor of projects that are not popular, but also using any wallets, be sure to save data and never use public networks when you are trying to download data of your wallet
Activity: 518
Merit: 124
There are no two ways about it, if you choose a the wrong wallet for a token in a bounty campaign or even in receiving a token, you loose you coins.
Activity: 27
Of course, there are a lot of fishing wallets in the network. We must take care of our wallets and private keys very carefully. We must remember to never share the private key with anyone. The wallet is very important to us, especially the private key.
Activity: 284
Yes, only one mistake word in your receipt address in any blockchain network, your money (coin) will lost forever and no one can take it back for you. Becarefull and 2 check before comfirm any tx
Activity: 147
Definitely yes, it can lose your coins if you choose the wrong wallet you used to, not registered in the cryptocurrency coins. This is because scam and fraud people are just everywhere in this furom looking for victimizing.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130
You only need to trust wallets with proven time and investors. Now many ICO, after entering the exchange, also create their wallets, showing that they are developing, but no one knows their real goals. To such purses it is necessary always approaches with watchfulness. The blessing now problems with a choice of a reliable purse is not present.
Activity: 224
Definitely!  You will lose your coin if you mistakenly send it to wrong wallet other than the wallet that is compatible with the said coin.  Coin are based on different algorithm and there are different protocols and parameters that define each coin!
copper member
Activity: 308
"cold" wallets are the best solution today. The main thing to buy it from the official supplier, I know cases when purses buy on the black market,and then lose their money
Pages:
Jump to: