Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 9. (Read 3230 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
i dont think so, as long our wallet didnt hacked by someone our coin was save in there, and never felt on physing site, it could rob your coin without your knowing when it happen.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
You will sure lose your coin if you mistakenly send coin to wrong wallet, nobody would be able to help! The coin are made if different algorithm and based on different computer language. So, be double sure before you send that coin!
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Well you've got to be a lot of careful whereas selecting new wallets as a result of there ar numerous new phishing wallets ar there through that you'll be able to loose your whole cash. therefore i feel existing pocketbook ar smart one and take care whereas selecting new pocketbook within the market.
Activity: 71
Anybody that has access to your prioivate key can steal your coins so just be careful when using wallets. if its a project that has its own blockchain, most times they also have an accompanying qt wallet. if its ana erc20 token built on the eth platform, ise more popular wallets such as imtoken or my ether wallet. those ones are pretty safe as long as i've been using them.
Activity: 118
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

Yes, there are chance that you will loss your coin by choosing a wrong wallet. Even you keep your token to an existing wallet ,it still has a posibility to loss your  coin. Keepin your coin in a wallet is our responsibility , so you have to be extra careful of what you access  especially if needed a confidential information.
Activity: 210
No doubt right what you say in the event that you are incorrect in picking a wallet then you can lose every one of your coins. You ought to pick a wallet that is confided in just than you pick the wrong wallet then your diligent work will be futile. Other than that, the rise of this new wallet can likewise be a trap in coin burglary. Wallet makers are really individuals who need to ransack the substance of the hop so we must be watchful in picking a wallet to store our coins.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

I'm afraid of using illegal wallets. I only use wallets from official open source websites to be sure of the security of my coins.   
Activity: 42
You have to be very careful with these subjects. I think the existing wallets are very safe. & For ICO I will advice to choose SciDex Protocol For Smart Contracts, Actually according to the article SciDex is creating a new contract that will be readable by human and machine, will be on the blockchain and can be used by normal businesses. And they are doing an ICO soon.
Activity: 117
it is able to manifest due to the fact there are lots of wallets posted recently but there are no recommendations that convince us, we have to first strive the safety of the wallet by way of transferring a touch of our capital, if there are no new problems we will make investments completely
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
When a service is introduced to you for the first time,it is always good to test the authenticity first. Since you already transferred your fund in there, just withdraw it and do your findings first before returning the fund back to the wallet.
Activity: 308
Merit: 106
If you choose an untrusted, unprotected wallet, you will naturally lose your coins. That wallet you're advising is, in my opinion, good.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
There are many hacked extensions that steal our passwords right under our eyes. And by the time you learn that you are hacked, it may be too late. It takes care not about choosing a wallet but about security in general.
Activity: 84
The truth is most wallet are not very secured for storing of tokens. Many do not have two factor authenticator and other security features that will deprive hackers from stealing hence not very secured storing tokens.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
Maybe if it's not quite official.But here it is not from the purse that depends, but on attentiveness.
Activity: 602
Merit: 104
it is very easy to lose a crypto currency. you need to be very careful and careful. check everything several times
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Take care on choosing wallets. Existing wallets are secure at this moment but you can be knick buy fraudster by giving you some phishing sites thus getting all your deposited coins. It is still good to choose MEW and WAVES as along as it is ERC-20 token.
Activity: 106
Merit: 2

Yes there is every possibility for you to lose your coin when you choose the wrong wallet, more especially when people have access to the private key.
Activity: 182
Definitely - this statement is correct. A mistake in choosing a wallet can lead to a loss of money. I have already encountered a similar problem myself. Worked with a wallet that does not support a private key, in the end did not get its coins. So, beforehand, study the functional and reviews of a particular wallet for work.
Activity: 364
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
To be on the safe side, I will advise you stay away from using the wallet just yet until they have stable wallet been confirmed by many people, been a new wallet, they will be experiencing some bugs with they will fix over time, to to avoid losing your coins, use already well known wallets. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 333
yes you might lose all your coins if you choose a wrong wallet, or a scam wallet which is actually alarming. you must be wise of choosing one, especially look for the link if there are something wrong, or if it is an app, you should look first at the feedback.
Pages:
Jump to: