Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 15. (Read 3232 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

Hey yes man. By choosing the wallet you should be very carefull. Do not give a try for any new wallets, Because no one is aware of those wallets. Now a day many of the wallets got hacked. I am using coinbase wallet. which really good and trusted wallet.
Activity: 172
Merit: 3
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130
I know wallet service providers will not steal coins that we have because they also do not want to lose the trust of consumers, but every wallet must have security if the wallet security is bad then the vulnerable coins we have are stolen by hackers ...
so I can only suggest that you first see the security of the new wallet whether it is safe from hackers or will be vulnerable to being stolen by hackers, after knowing it please decide ...
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
You should be careful in choosing your wallets because there are wallets that can be easy to hack or fraud. You need to care about your private keys. It helps to protect you. You are the one who is responsible for your private keys. No trust one and your wallet will be safe from hackers.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Yes you can loose your coins by choosing wrong wallet simply because there are some wallets that can be easily to hack because the foundation of the security type is weak. There are some people who has there business by hacking your wallet account so be careful with that also those scammers that are taking your private information illegally. So choose those wallet that are trusted and proven that are recommended by the experts in this kind of digital currency. Choose wallet wisely for you to be assured to your coins.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
any exchange or wallet is your trust in the developers. you trust them large sums but at any time they may turn out to be unscrupulous and scammed. risks are everywhere, 100% guarantee for the storage of money will give only iron safe under the bed, and it is unlikely
Activity: 1428
Need to aware about phising malware link, and for you always need to use most trusted and most uses wallet. then you can always feel safe.
Activity: 285
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
You can also lose coins if you send them to the wrong address on the exchange, which is intended for this particular coin.
Activity: 139
In my opinion, yes you can lose everything you have if you choose the wrong wallet, especially if the wallets are just meant to scam or hack your private keys, such as phishing sites. We should be very careful in choosing what wallet to use and also you should take extra care of you private keys.
Activity: 30
yes, because some wallet can be hacked and can be a scam. You can lose all your money in this wallet that is not trustable. Be smart in choosing a wallet.
Activity: 140
You need to keep your coins in different purses. You need to select reliable purses such as Waveswallet. I created several wallets on this site. It's not so insulting to lose coins. I will not lose all the coins, but only separately. The rest will remain on other wallets.
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
Of course, you can lose everything by holding them into a scam wallet. Always do your research before holding coins in a wallet, and it is advised to use official wallet only, or open source wallet.
copper member
Activity: 798
Yes, you can easily lose your coins by using a wrong wallet. there are a lot of phishing wallets out there,  be careful to use a wallet and gather details or do some research before you choose the one.
To avoid that, I recommend to just using some well-known exchange sites and some trusted web wallet like MEW,Waveswallet,Neotracker. Surely an app wallet is more secure, because you're the only one having it's file. Once got hacked by anyone, your coins / tokens will disappear forever.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
platform for everyday business

Theres a big possibility thats can we lose our coins if we choose a wrong wallet,especialy if we have and erc wallet and you put some of your crypto coins in web wallet thats not belong into this group,therefore you must set aside those your tokens thats coming from web wallet  into the coins thats have contains an erc 20 in order to not loosing all of your  assets.
Activity: 102
I support mew(my ether wallet)also imtoken for ERC20 project, it's easy to use, simple as well secure, but keep your password and private key with you
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
it seems to the web bases wallet, I will not use this type of wallet, if they can access your wallet through your private key, then you will lose all your fund, also be careful there are many scam wallet or phishing page, when you login or import any data in it, you will say goodbye to your money.
Activity: 71
you should secure your private key. and biggest important point is accepted list. example if your do not accept erc20, you should not send erc20 tokens
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
The is the biggest risk her in cryptocurrency when you have mistaken to put your coins in a wrong wallet and that wallet is not yours then true ,you will lose your coins , it is very rare that the wallet being wrong send ,will send back to your original wallet, once you send a wrong wallet it will never be recover, that is the truth about cryptocurrency,so next be careful ,check twice or trice.
Activity: 341
Actually, you can loose your coin by choosing the wrong wallet,sharing you private key...  but why need of new wallet, I prefer using my old wallet

yeah, i don't know why he has to use new wallet? Your currently wallet isn't safe ? If the answer is yes, you should buy a hardware wallet. It's better than the new wallet that you don't actually know about it.
Activity: 35
Yes, you can easily lose your coins by using a wrong wallet. there are a lot of phishing wallets out there,  be careful to use a wallet and gather details or do some research before you choose the one.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
Many negative comments on this thread, means you have to be careful about the pishing website.

Do not give a private key to someone else, because the private key is the SOUL from your token address.
Pages:
Jump to: