Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 34. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 103
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
January 19, 2018, 04:31:59 PM
The best way to stay safe is not to enter MEW without a need. You can do all the operations including participation in ICOs though Metamask. And if you really need to open MEW than it's better to check there official twitter account for any warnings or other important information.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
January 19, 2018, 04:25:56 PM
Nothing is 100% safe, but the probability that MEW is hacked is very low.
More likely, you'll lose the key, or YOUR computer is hacked...
Activity: 200
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 12:18:41 AM
MEW possible to get hacked if you put private key on the fill up form in airdrop the scammer will happy if you put your private key on the fillup form on airdrop its better to be careful to fill up the form read carefully the instructiins and rules when typing form be wise because the scammer will do anything to get or to transfer you MEW to there wallet
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
January 19, 2018, 12:09:16 AM
i think so it possible to get hacked if you become careless or give to anyone your password always be careful so you dont get hacked
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
January 19, 2018, 12:03:52 AM
Not really you are most likely to be a victim of phishing rather than hacking, so make sure that you always type in the url to access MEW yourself and makes sure you have the green MYETHERWALLET LLC (US) in the security secton of your address bar.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
January 19, 2018, 12:03:21 AM
every wallet has a chance to be the target of hackers, but as many have said, MEW is the user interface, and actually our coin is in the blockchain system. I hope you keep your private key well.
You're right. All wallets can be hacked not jut myetherwallet, it is just a matter of security to prevent your wallet for being hacked. Thus, you should keep your private key a secret and don't trust anyone to have it.
Activity: 196
Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation
January 19, 2018, 12:00:03 AM
Myetherwallet cant be hacked,why?
Because mew is a decentralized platform its just a medium so you can use blockchain directly to mew,
no one has your private keys mew doesnt have anything to with your keys,but blockchain is

if blockchain was compromised mew will be compromised too,but not gonna happen.
if you got hacked probably you got phished.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
January 18, 2018, 10:47:26 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

I think doing backup pk is good move to insured your wallet and also usb pin.I also advice use the jason files it have greate security than the private key.what if you accedintaly paste your private key to a group or post...You will be cry if that happen.Just use the jason files
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
January 18, 2018, 10:32:53 PM
I don't that It can be hacked. It is quite safe wallet, in fact one of the best for Ethereum and ERC20 tokens. There is no previous instance that MyEtherWallet has been hacked. You don't need to worry much, as the private key is with you. Your coins would stay there. Bear in mind, don't lose your private key, or you can't access your wallet
Activity: 155
January 18, 2018, 10:10:09 PM
To avoid hacked, you should use backup file to login yours account, dont use private key and save it on computer. If your computer get hacked, then myetherwallet gone.
Activity: 361
BIB Exchange
January 18, 2018, 10:05:30 PM
probably because in myetherwallet not too safe many who got hit.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Earn with impressio.io
January 18, 2018, 09:54:46 PM
maybe i think is hard to get hacked. if you don't have computer i think you can open it in another device like handphone or something. all you need just private key, don't lose it. your private key is the only way can see your funds.
Activity: 112
January 18, 2018, 09:53:24 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Unless you provide a third party with your private key no one can access your funds, MEW is actually an interface and nothing else, it allows you to do transactions in the blockchain by facilitating this data, but doesn't actually hold anything. If you don't enter a phishing site or enter your key while running malware such as keyloggers you should always be safe.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
January 18, 2018, 09:51:01 PM
every wallet has the big chance to be hack by hackers,so we need to be extra careful where we had to sign in and put or save our private keys. we are responsible of our own action so if you don't want to be attack by hackers write your private keys in a notebook or like what you had said save it in the usb.extra careful always.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1202
January 18, 2018, 09:25:58 PM
As long as you don't enter on phising site , your funds will be ok but make sure you instal all the plugins that myetherwallet provides on the front page and I sugest to install all 3 of them just to be sure that you have extra protection and in future try to by a hardware wallet because it's much more safer.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 08:47:19 PM
since its platform , that maybe get hacked .
Activity: 350
January 18, 2018, 08:34:09 PM
Having realized that it is a stage it is conceivable that it can be hacked, yet just in a marginally minimal possibility. What's more, you're inquiring as to whether your wallet is sheltered, i'm almost certain it is, simply don't lose your private key and the second key on the grounds that without it, I don't know by what other means you can approach on your wallet.
Activity: 154
January 18, 2018, 07:40:19 PM
computer hacker might works with their strategy as spreading script with the function as copying extract of initial type of files to work as running as the beginning of attachment of usb stick to the port of cpu,
as the additional function might be of one as capturing the text file type (notepad,dll) and push with the request to connects to ftp server with the hosting of script as uploading files and becoming publish in internet with the selection of order commands as those might be of one with the different option of ftp upload from the script switches hosted with the server, with the http request to call from the hosted script or more with the different function from library as establishing connection through the different arrange of lines from the non web base script hosted with the online server.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
January 18, 2018, 07:33:44 PM
Due to its structure, even in case of hackers attack, nobody con access your private key.
So you don't have to worry. Best take care of your data access.
Activity: 214
January 18, 2018, 07:22:45 PM
every wallet has a chance to be the target of hackers, but as many have said, MEW is the user interface, and actually our coin is in the blockchain system. I hope you keep your private key well.
Pages:
Jump to: