Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 37. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 10
RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion
January 18, 2018, 04:01:08 AM
If you take care from your part, not losing your private key and you don't put it in a phishing site, myetherwallet is very safe.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
January 17, 2018, 07:15:37 AM
Your funds are safe in MEW as long as your keys are safe, so nothing to worry about.
Activity: 154
January 17, 2018, 06:57:33 AM
Not really, due to high security measures.
Usually people make mistakes, lose their private key, enter in phishing sites, ant then blame the site.
Activity: 482
https://www.empirehotels.io/
January 17, 2018, 05:45:57 AM
yes of course it can, but if you go to one of the phishing web. but if you really keep your privatekey. It will not happen .
Activity: 102
Merit: 2
OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance
January 17, 2018, 05:42:18 AM
I don't think so, myetherwallet it's very safe. When you hear that someone complain about "be hacked", you can bet that it's his fault.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
January 17, 2018, 12:12:05 AM
I don't believe before that myetherwallet get hacked by the hacker. It is true, and I will prove it to you. If you want to get rid off by the stupid hacker, don't just click and click if you receive an email asking your information about you account, just ignore it if you were not sure and you don't know who's person sent to you that email. Think before you click.

That is called phising site if you receive a email then you will click it they can get all your information and they can hack your account,to avoid this issue if you receive a email that you are not familiarize ignore it or if you fill up a form the very important is to read first so that you will be aware always,and keep always your private key in a safe and secure hardware that no one can access.
Activity: 304
Merit: 15
0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921
January 16, 2018, 11:43:20 PM
Nope, it can't! You can get hacked, your computer can get hacked, but not MEW. Otherwise, it would've been already done a long time ago.
Activity: 40
January 16, 2018, 11:29:56 PM
Well it’s possible of course. We are talking about crypto after all. Myetherwallet is a useful wallet that’s easy to use. If you are not entering your private keys in a malicious site or a hacked site, your account is 100% safe. As long as you keep your private key safe, your fund are safe, that's what matter, if you forget your private key or you lost it you will lose your Funds.
Activity: 322
January 16, 2018, 09:39:32 PM
myetherwallet has a very solid structure, so I don't think it can be hacked.
But of course, if you lose you private key, or you access a fake site, there is nothing you can do.
Take care!
Nothing is absolutely safe and Myetherwallet is the same but I think that in order to be hacked into MEW this is very difficult. Because the MEW wallet is integrated with the most advanced security technologies to keep your wallet secure. Notices on the website are meant to help you protect your assets more safely, do not worry too much and have a false sense of the matter.
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
January 16, 2018, 09:34:25 PM
For what I know, due to his solid structure, it unlikely that myetherwallet will be hacked.
But there is no protection, so if you have a virus in computer, you lose your key and other similar things, well... bye bye money.
Activity: 343
Merit: 100
January 16, 2018, 09:12:19 PM
Myetherwallet is very safe and secure. I don't think that can be hacked easily. Usually people are just sloppy with their private key and then blame the site.
Activity: 129
RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion
January 16, 2018, 08:54:51 PM
myetherwallet has a very solid structure, so I don't think it can be hacked.
But of course, if you lose you private key, or you access a fake site, there is nothing you can do.
Take care!
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
January 16, 2018, 06:37:45 PM
At present, Myetherwallet I have not found information on the website that they have been hacked by hackers, it is possible that you saved the private key or write to the paper to store the wrong. You can use JSON file to restore the wallet completely normal. For now, Myetherwallet is one of the safest wallets in e-wallet at the moment.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
January 16, 2018, 06:25:44 PM
Yes it's possible but it will be hard for hackers unless they have acces on your private key in that way they can stole your coins.
Activity: 756
January 16, 2018, 06:09:39 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Any platform and account can be successfully attacked by hackers. To prevent Internet criminals from stealing your money, adhere at least to elementary security measures: make a complicated password, do not open confusing letters and links, always leave your profile and box at the end of work.
Activity: 615
Merit: 105
arcs-chain.com
January 16, 2018, 05:29:51 PM
in my opinion, MEW can not be hacked, I just love the suggestion when you hold the private key or UTC File never open from someone else's computer, and keep your private Key very carefully Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
January 16, 2018, 05:24:35 PM
For increased security, you can run MyEtherWallet on your computer instead of from the GitHub servers. The computer should have no internet connection. You can generate a wallet completely offline and send transactions from the "Send Offline" page.

https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html
Activity: 154
January 16, 2018, 04:55:55 PM
Best practice is to use the json file when logging in and not your private key - if your pc has malware, your key can be hacked easily.

Best standard is to use a hardware wallet. Mine I use ledger nano s - very easy to use.

Hey THere! I use Json to login but what if someone gets my password + Json at the same time? He has access to my Wallet right?
Activity: 476
January 16, 2018, 03:38:49 PM
Your fund will remain safe so long as you did not expose your private key to anybody or lose it to phishing site. It will remain there until when you are ready.
Activity: 308
January 16, 2018, 03:36:05 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Creating multiple copies of your keys is the best way to avoid loosing of all your data. Now, if you doubt myetherwallet on holding your coin then you should know that most of the professional traders are highly suggesting to use mew because it is trustworthy and i did not get any problems on this coin as well for the past years i used it.
Pages:
Jump to: