Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 52. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 523
Merit: 11
January 08, 2018, 12:55:01 AM
myetherwallet platform can be cracked by anyone, my recommendation for you is do not open myetherwallet with private key. it's better to use utc, because a lot of hacking happen because someone open myetherwallet only with private key.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
January 08, 2018, 12:52:16 AM
I think your assets will remain in your ethereum wallet and will not be lost. If you are in doubt, maybe you can check it in etherscan.io and you just enter the ethereum address only, see there  your token still exists or not.
Activity: 132
Merit: 11
January 08, 2018, 12:52:10 AM
MEW is a UI to access your funds, but those funds are on the blockchain, not stored within MEW itself. Therefore if you have your keys you'll be fine.

Good luck!

-Knightly
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
January 08, 2018, 12:47:40 AM
Since it's a platform it is possible that it can be hacked,  but only in a slightly little chance. And you're asking if your wallet is safe, i'm pretty sure it is, just don't lose your private key and the 2nd key because without it, i don't know how else you can have access on your wallet.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
January 08, 2018, 12:33:35 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Pages:
Jump to: