Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 12. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 262
April 29, 2018, 01:35:55 AM
It all boils down to the user who is using it. If you're cautious, chances are less that you would be scammed. Every now and then the moderators give warnings about possible phishing links that scammers keep sending.

The only way to save yourself is by staying aware. Never click on suspicious looking links. Never ever enter your private keys anywhere except the official website. If there's ever a warning sign, close the browser immediately. Try and store your private keys on a device that is rarely used.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
April 29, 2018, 12:33:22 AM
Well, i hate to use hardware wallets, that is the reason of why i prefer to use an encrypted wallet, it is more than convenient for me, i have it on an USB, and it really works. It is easy to setup, and much more cheaper than a trezor.
People lost their coins from MEW everyday. And everyday I see a new portion of blaming on MEW hacking. The reality is how careless these people store their login details and private keys. In most cases login information is compromised by its holders. For instance, it's quite common when owners enter these details on phishing sites.
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
April 29, 2018, 12:24:24 AM
People lost their coins from MEW everyday. And everyday I see a new portion of blaming on MEW hacking. The reality is how careless these people store their login details and private keys. In most cases login information is compromised by its holders. For instance, it's quite common when owners enter these details on phishing sites.
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
April 28, 2018, 11:38:00 PM
The problem is that MEW is more than pished nowadays, that is why there are a lot of people who are opening wrong links, and they are pasting their private key in there.

That is the most common way of how a lot of people are losing a lot of tokens nowadays.
Activity: 172
Merit: 10
April 28, 2018, 11:29:50 PM
So sad when sometime MEW get hacked, I see many people lost ETH and altcoin don't know why, really careful when login ETH, remember check
Install EAL or MetaMask or Cryptonite by Metacert or the MyEtherWallet Chrome Extension to block malicious websites.
Activity: 124
Merit: 1
April 28, 2018, 11:22:08 PM
Yes it is possible that your myethewallet and everyone's myetherwallet will get hacked. Nowadays hackers are copying the interface of the site to steal informations from users, so make sure you store you private keys in a completely secure place, and don't enter a wrong site.
Activity: 806
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 28, 2018, 11:00:56 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

It can only get hacked when you accidentally entered your private key on a phishing website. Beware of links from websites or social medias. Never ever use those links to enter your mew account. It is advisable to search mew yourself on google and make sure it is myetherwallet.com . Be vigilant and always be attentive.

Keeping your private key is really the most important part. Phishing sites especially in crypto is becoming common as these scammers know how much money is in here and there are still people especially the new ones not that are not really oriented.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
April 28, 2018, 10:49:33 PM
Yes , your myetherwallet might get hacked depend upon the situation, be cautious about your wallet so that it will not be hacked, one tip for precaution is that avoid too much exposure of you private key especially to unknown sites, place your private key in most safety folder in which only you known it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
April 28, 2018, 10:34:25 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

It can only get hacked when you accidentally entered your private key on a phishing website. Beware of links from websites or social medias. Never ever use those links to enter your mew account. It is advisable to search mew yourself on google and make sure it is myetherwallet.com . Be vigilant and always be attentive.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 504
WorkAsPro
April 28, 2018, 09:54:33 PM
The answer is that hackers can still access any wallet without needing a private key or any password. Two weeks ago, there was a hacker attack on my wallet MEW and stolen more than $ 17 million.
I think you should buy a cold wallet to hold your property. It is very helpful in avoiding hackers because it is not online.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
April 28, 2018, 09:49:16 PM
There is a slight chance that it can be hacked but it still secured cause there is a private key and a password to use to log-in. So it is still safe to invest and save in myetherwallet.
Activity: 406
Merit: 131
April 28, 2018, 09:30:08 PM
You can use MEW in offline wallet mode but there is still a risk that if the pc where you keep the offline wallet is destroyed then you can not do anything, print the wallet on an old printer with no internet connection and no memory, then you can still lose the paper, so there is no safe, there is always a risk.
Activity: 784
April 27, 2018, 03:25:36 AM
There is no problem at the moment. Myetherwallet is one of the most important sites for the crypto money world, it is very normal for them to constantly attack and try to hack. You will not encounter a major problem after you have paid attention.
the hacking rate was a mistake from the users themselves while the myetherwallet provider site could not be hacked or conceded. users are too unaware in storing their assets so much hacking news
Activity: 219
April 27, 2018, 03:15:12 AM
MyetherWallet is a wallet used by a large number of investors in the currency market. hackers who use advanced technology have taken people's tokens from their wallets. Hackers have been hacked.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
April 27, 2018, 03:11:49 AM
If you follow the necessary security measures, for example, to use your wallet to download it to your computer and use it locally, then you avoid many problems related to burglary and protect yourself from stealing your coins.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1523
April 27, 2018, 02:58:43 AM
There is no problem at the moment. Myetherwallet is one of the most important sites for the crypto money world, it is very normal for them to constantly attack and try to hack. You will not encounter a major problem after you have paid attention.
Activity: 336
April 27, 2018, 02:56:52 AM
Wallet is what we need most when trading in the world of cryptographic currencies. and the most preferred wallet is myetherwallet. The hacked state frightened the users. tokens received from some wallets
Activity: 490
Merit: 17
April 27, 2018, 02:54:03 AM
Myetherwallet can get hacked, but Ethereum Network can't be hacked. Because Myetherwallet  is just a bridge between users and ethereum blockchain, so if hacker have right to control myetherwallet, they can steall your private key, and you lose your fund.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
April 27, 2018, 02:51:27 AM
Possible hacked it could happen.
Although you do not have a PC but your account, your wallet can be accessed from anywhere, except your wallet, you install on your PC and not registering on other wallets it could be safe.
However, professional hackers this is easy to do.
Always keep your data well. Do not get careless.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
April 27, 2018, 02:43:58 AM
Hacking is a normal thing in this online world and we have to secure our system only if we are fully alert. Myetherwallet can be hacked also but if you have hardware wallet then it is full proof and no attack is possible on that hardware wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: