Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 31. (Read 4137 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Create Your Decentralized Life
March 31, 2018, 06:06:29 PM
They cant hack only using email addresses,but if you did clck suspicous link in your email you could be phished,so the best thing to do is to use your dummy email to protect yourselfs from spam emails with suspicous links that can redirect you to a fake/phishing websites ! always protect yourself from these shit people beause you will see plenty of this people.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
March 31, 2018, 06:02:02 PM
A scam doesn't have to cost you money necessarily. It may cost you your time, your privacy. Our privacies are already invaded like hell, giving out information in a blink is dangerous because we live in the information age, information is power. When you give your data to scam airdrops your data is stored to sell and as a company gains information about you, it has power over you.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
March 31, 2018, 03:34:12 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
If they got your email addresses im sure they will try to send you phishing email links so that you privatekeys will be compromised and you shouldnt be using your main email addresses when these shit airdrops and bounties are asking you to do so,private keys should be protected or else you will lose everything that is why you need to use hardwallets to protect your coins.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
March 31, 2018, 03:27:36 PM
If it's free, do you think it can not be a scam? Of course it can be a scam. If it's free and you promised a lot, but in the end you will not do anything to realize what they promised you. Of course, this happens very often.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
March 31, 2018, 03:22:59 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Doesn't have to be about money. You can get scammed for your IDs and so on.

But sometimes you get the feeling that if something is too good to be true, it just might be.
Activity: 350
March 31, 2018, 03:07:03 PM
Lol  waste of time is a scam too, waste of space is a scam too lol
I agree with you. If you give your time, and you are promised to send a coin for filling out the registration form, but do not send anything, then this is fraud. You could spend your time on something that would bring you pleasure, rest or profit, but you spent time on airdrop and you were deceived, so of course this is fraud. Choose airdrop, do not waste time on suspicious projects.
Activity: 196
March 31, 2018, 02:26:28 PM
all can happen and it is the risk of cyberspace but if I may argue in my opinion there is no airdrop scam, the nature of the airdrop is free and may be full of quota given from the developer of the number of airdrop participants that should be studied and observed more depth how the security of workers when getting a project to avoid projects that will be a scam project, so keep up the good cooperation and high confidence when undergoing such work
Activity: 274
Merit: 0
March 31, 2018, 02:18:02 PM
Some of them are scam, some are not. You can never be 100% sure, but, if learn project well, it can help. Before participate I usually look how much people are in, how much does ICO suppose to make up. 
Activity: 102
March 31, 2018, 01:32:05 PM
I have always said, if it seems too good to be true and sounds too good to be true then it probably is because there is nothing that is free in this life. Some people might do giveaways out of the goodness of their hearts but a lot of people actually carry out scams with it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
March 31, 2018, 01:26:17 PM
Airdrop gives us a free token. Not all airdrops are scams. We should be smart in choosing or selecting the true and right airdrop. We can see many advertisements of free gift from airdrop. Basically, a good ICO will give their airdrop in transparency and good bounty campaigns. They will announce in some media as their website, forum, and others. But once more, be careful in following the airdrop. Do more research before starting to join the airdrop.
Activity: 94
March 31, 2018, 10:34:28 AM
Hi everybody,
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Sometimes there are websites that wants to enter your private key just for an airdrop. And there are many pishing sites in which they will steal your funds in.your cryptowallet.
Activity: 994
Merit: 105
March 31, 2018, 10:27:19 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

If you don't put any amount of it so there is no reason that it is a scam, though some of the airdrops are almost no value as some of it are just after with your information.

The most important thing that you should remember is to never reveal your private key and any info regarding your money. This is the best way to stay safe.
Activity: 770
Merit: 11
quarkchain.io
March 31, 2018, 10:24:35 AM
Yes, even it is free it is dangerous giving information to them as hackers will be given an idea to access your accounts. As sometimes they also ask for your password which some users give the password from their other accounts.
Then if you give your data and IDs can also be used on retrieving your account because of the personal data given.

Even if its free it still dangerous to give your data to them.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
March 31, 2018, 10:19:10 AM
Airdrops wont be a scam unless they did something wrong with the people,asking email address is really unecessary with airdrops,IDs and private keys shouldnt be asked with these free airdrops because they will only try to steal your investments and that is for sure,no ICO and airdrops will ask for your private keys ! Protect yourself from these schemes so that you wont be losing your money.

How do you know they are really distributing all the coins to XXXX amount of users? How do you know they are not secretly holding half of the supply claiming it's distributed to legit people?
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
March 31, 2018, 10:16:47 AM
just make sure its a good project and do your research. it literally takes 5 mins of your busy crypto life

that's right, it's just wasting our time on crypto, whereas there's still a lot we can do in crypto or in the real world to really make money. think clearly, is it possible for them to share tokens for free when nothing is taken from us unless they are generous rich people.
Nothing is free even in airdrops we risk our personal information so as much as possible, be prepared and careful in joining in everything. We should at least try to do research.
Activity: 13
March 31, 2018, 09:29:28 AM
Airdrops wont be a scam unless they did something wrong with the people,asking email address is really unecessary with airdrops,IDs and private keys shouldnt be asked with these free airdrops because they will only try to steal your investments and that is for sure,no ICO and airdrops will ask for your private keys ! Protect yourself from these schemes so that you wont be losing your money.
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
March 31, 2018, 09:27:22 AM
just make sure its a good project and do your research. it literally takes 5 mins of your busy crypto life

that's right, it's just wasting our time on crypto, whereas there's still a lot we can do in crypto or in the real world to really make money. think clearly, is it possible for them to share tokens for free when nothing is taken from us unless they are generous rich people.
Activity: 137
ICO starting on 16th of April!
March 31, 2018, 09:26:43 AM
Everything can be scam, especially free stuff. Scammers trying to steal ours money, coins or even private information. SO i think we need to check everything free carefully.
Activity: 121
Merit: 3
March 31, 2018, 09:24:09 AM
It's not about fraud. Just now in the ICO poured a lot of newcomers in the field of business and most often they lose. Because they do not even know how to invest in the project, how to develop it and etc.
Activity: 107
March 31, 2018, 09:19:52 AM
Most times, free things are always a scam because some times, they request for private keys of an account and that is a fraudulent act because they said its free
Pages:
Jump to: