Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 29. (Read 4128 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
April 01, 2018, 09:06:04 AM
To not get scammed the easiest way is to read the white paper, usually companies that prove to be scams give unintentional nits in the white paper, for example, they may tell you that they will delay payments for a while after that ICO is over for managing the received invested amount and converting the tokens with its fair value.
Activity: 150
April 01, 2018, 07:27:46 AM
It is very likely to happen, the pay is also a lot of scam, especially if the free, the possibility of a very large scam. So, before you make sure first the project is good and do an analysis of the possibilities that will happen.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
April 01, 2018, 06:35:49 AM
Not just the stolen money to be called scams. Also, by using their participation in Telegram, Twitter to get more likes, tweets can also be called a scam. This is why it is also called a scam because we are tired of sharing and following their requirements
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
April 01, 2018, 06:01:35 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Sometimes there are websites that wants to enter your private key just for an airdrop. And there are many pishing sites in which they will steal your funds in.your cryptowallet.

They've promised to give you some tokens but they do not send you anything so that's a scam because you've given him some personal information. They can sell your email as well as others and sell it for crypto related ads. For me it's still a scam because even though you do not spend money on getting the air catwalk but you give them your personal information
yups its not just because you dont spend time in airdrops meaning you dont have capital..the very moment you gave them you email is you have given them the rights of using that email to sell on ico to use as social media related campaign..this is the main objective of this damn scam airdrops.thismust be stopped or banned,airdrops as of today are nothing but bullshit
Activity: 146
April 01, 2018, 05:55:32 AM
You're true on some point that air drops do not require you something so this might not be considered as scum. However, for you to get this coin is not really free since you need to do some work in order to earn it like sharing their post and advetise their campaigns on your social media accounts and of course you're using your time for this and sometimes doing a lot of work. I could say that it can be considered scum if they will not pay you correctly since it is like their getting the money that supposed to be yours after doing such works.
Activity: 52
Merit: 1
April 01, 2018, 05:52:19 AM
Not in all cases. Established coins and ICO sometimes use airdrops to promote their coin and get
more investors involved and aware of them.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
April 01, 2018, 05:46:40 AM
Everything can be a scam, but you can know it for sure only after ICO and this prediction, that something is scam - it is really scam  Grin
Activity: 146
April 01, 2018, 05:44:18 AM
So close to reality on promises given by some airdrops that promises rewards for free,the time you spent to it is already getting something valuable to you,this is just a mere picture of what a scam is.We have to learn more about the world that we're all in because we cannot separate ourself nowadays to the scammers and in every activity that we deal in,we have to pray also,that someone may guard and guide our decisions everyday.
Activity: 330
Merit: 12
April 01, 2018, 05:38:59 AM
Yes it can be but also not, it depends on you if you'll trust them or not because some airdrops are 100% Legit and they are doing that to attract investors which can lead them to success. If I were you, I'll check their details, their bounty campaign and also their members. Joining one can give you experience about of what they are really doing so that you wont be afraid to invest money and to build up trust.
Yes. The free stuff is never good. Let's work well to get the right pay for ICO projects. I never believe in someone giving me some free money. In the future, they will ask me to do something illegal.
In my country there were many similar scams and I avoided it completely.
Activity: 125
April 01, 2018, 05:35:02 AM
Well, let's start with the fact that not all organizations may require your personal data. So if people for the sake of money did not put their identity on display, now there would be no such people. And secondly, if so please you can provide from the Internet. There's a bunch of scans and photos of the lucky ones like you.
Activity: 6
April 01, 2018, 05:27:08 AM
Yes it can be but also not, it depends on you if you'll trust them or not because some airdrops are 100% Legit and they are doing that to attract investors which can lead them to success. If I were you, I'll check their details, their bounty campaign and also their members. Joining one can give you experience about of what they are really doing so that you wont be afraid to invest money and to build up trust.
Activity: 311
April 01, 2018, 05:17:43 AM
Scam ICO or Airdrop can be if team don't keep promises, if you help them promote they project and don't get rewards as was promised it's scam because you spend your time. Time=money
Activity: 688
Merit: 101
April 01, 2018, 05:00:52 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

They think that if that ICO will soon to scam after they buy/bougth token/coins from that pre-ico. And the "scam" theyve mentioned is airdrop that dont have any value after you get it, or after you sign a kyc for free token. There are too many meaning of "scam" in crypto. And most of scam are from free.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
April 01, 2018, 04:59:34 AM
What is free ico because I've never heard that before. For airdropa, it can be scam if they don,'t send the token to the participant as they already filled the form with their private information. It is also dangerous because the project can sell people' s information in bulk.
Activity: 210
April 01, 2018, 04:56:17 AM
I think it's their strategy to benefit from the various applications they have for attracting investors, and we help them, I've experienced it unpaid in bounty champaign and it's so annoying. Undecided
Activity: 317
April 01, 2018, 04:46:19 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Sometimes there are websites that wants to enter your private key just for an airdrop. And there are many pishing sites in which they will steal your funds in.your cryptowallet.

They've promised to give you some tokens but they do not send you anything so that's a scam because you've given him some personal information. They can sell your email as well as others and sell it for crypto related ads. For me it's still a scam because even though you do not spend money on getting the air catwalk but you give them your personal information
Activity: 180
April 01, 2018, 04:08:49 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

if it is free it was already offered by ico developers
why he can be so free that everyone can be interested in at least first side project to register

not all free ico is a scam proof that many have entered in the market

many of them are looking for free

depending on how we choose
Activity: 364
Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket
April 01, 2018, 03:11:12 AM
Scam can be anywhere to go it depends on how to hold through it. Even legal business anyone can scam but it is easy to be honest if you want too. In bitcoin it is legalized by other coutries and it contributes spectacular people who wanted to have a real business transaction with bitcoin. The assurance of scammers in the community is high but you cannot easily hide the truth. If you are in bitcoin you should be go to the right path because it is an investment not a game.
Activity: 504
Merit: 103
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
March 31, 2018, 10:12:50 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Yes, you could still be scammed even when its free. Its just that so many does not really care about it because there is nothing really to lose with that information only. Maybe some ad mails will be sent to you but its not really that much of a problem. The only problem is that your eth address would be hacked through these information only, but that case seems to be rare.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 101
March 31, 2018, 10:08:43 PM
airdrop just waste your time with with little rewards and many airdrop are scam or just give you shitcoin with no value. they just collect your identity / information and will be used for things that only benefit them.
Pages:
Jump to: