Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 28. (Read 4128 times)

Activity: 645
Merit: 250
April 09, 2018, 08:53:40 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Yes, an airdrop can be a scam and many have been in the past.  The initial airdrop may be free but then if the team cons you into believing that the project will be developed and be a success and you end up buying up much more tokens, you have been scammed.  Also, they can send you emails trying to scam you out of your holdings.
Activity: 140
Merit: 8
April 09, 2018, 08:50:43 PM
If the team/devs promised you something and they never had the intention of giving you anything back, then it can be considered a scam. Most of the airdrops require you to join their telegram and then the developers of the token can advertise that their telegram channel has over 5k members and so on. This builds awareness of the product and sometimes they take the money and run and the airdrop never happens or bounties are not paid out. 
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
April 09, 2018, 08:09:04 PM
there are some ico or bounty that scam I think they do not really want to do business because by issuing ico or bounty scam their business will end because it will not be trusted again by others, I hope we are still safe if the requested is the address of eth or email
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
April 09, 2018, 08:00:46 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Scam doesn't only mean that it cost money to take away, sometimes you made an effort by putting your personal information and register to their form for hoping that you will get the free airdrop coin but you get nothing in return. They can use your personal information into illegal actions or something for selling

At my opinion, nothing is free. Example with Facebook, Google and some corporations social like this. Them create a platform for you and community, but them have a information of you, using this for ads and some think can get back money. The best case is airdrop token can listed a exchange and have a value, if else it not have value, this is trash
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
April 09, 2018, 04:17:51 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
You're talking about ICO scam and not something free, maybe for those of you who just participate in their campaigns say it's something for free, but for investors it's not free.
Activity: 181
Merit: 5
Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark
April 09, 2018, 03:34:27 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Scam will mean loss of your time at least in described situation. You also lost your faith into crypto when taking part in scam airdrop an waiting for reward for forever.
Activity: 331
Merit: 3
April 09, 2018, 03:31:12 PM
anything can be a scam just do proper research and don't click on anything you don't really understand.
Activity: 122
April 07, 2018, 03:23:24 PM
Yes this may be so. They often attract a lot of subscribers. And thus want to show that they are very popular and thus attract investors from scratch.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
LETS GO ADAB
April 07, 2018, 12:11:10 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Scam doesn't only mean that it cost money to take away, sometimes you made an effort by putting your personal information and register to their form for hoping that you will get the free airdrop coin but you get nothing in return. They can use your personal information into illegal actions or something for selling
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 06, 2018, 06:56:35 PM
Scam is scam. Even if it is free, once they fail to deliver on purpose it will still be considered as scamming. It does not necessarily mean that money has to be involved for scamming people. You promised to do something, you will have to do it - no exceptions unless you have a very valid reason to do so.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
April 06, 2018, 06:30:38 PM
Well, imho, scam is not necessarily take away your money. If you give something (your time, your personal data, anything, your signature) because you are promised to be rewarded, but in the end the person/entity is breaking their promise, it might be called scam/fraud.

And BTW when you give your data freely they might sell it to some people, and many people willing to pay for personal data.

You are actually on point and exactly my mind you have represented because waste of time is not only when it involves financial bankruptcy. Making someone to shift or change from the original position of not posting at all (for instance ) is a fraud etc.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
April 05, 2018, 09:42:38 AM
An absolutely normal phenomenon which is impossible to ignore.I think that over time sites will release some ograniczenie or learn how to distinguish between scams
Activity: 168
April 05, 2018, 09:02:13 AM
to give a little and get too much is deceiving. There can be no scam without charge. 'Cause you do not give anything.
Activity: 102
Merit: 14
April 04, 2018, 05:22:54 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Well on this forum scam is not a new. many people have encountered it here and that is the main reason why many of us always think that a unsuccessful ico are scam or even just some delay payment they say it's  a scam. Well if you give time and effort to an ico and they don't pay you would you agree that it is not a scam? Being scammed is not about losing money because here time and effort is precious.
Activity: 26
April 03, 2018, 04:54:52 AM
On this forum most projects are called scam even if they are just unsuccessful (haven't reached its targeted cap, haven't enlist on exchanges etc)
People calling them so just don't want to differentiate projects and have 2 categories - successful and scam.
I agree with the author that there is no sense in calling projects scam if they don't take your money or personal data.
But it considers only airdrops because you lose max. 10 min. there.
If you participate in bounty than such projects can be called scam because it steals much of your time.
Activity: 38
April 03, 2018, 04:39:20 AM
You just don’t receive what you were promised you are kinda scammed as well. And for now, airdrops are not really free, sometimes they seem more like bounty subcampaigns, which means you have to share some posts or follow a blog.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
April 01, 2018, 09:46:54 AM
You have a really valid point there, even though free, the feeling of being cheated of something promised makes it a scam. Apart from that the obvious reasons of time, attention, information are all requisite to the same feeling.
Activity: 82
April 01, 2018, 09:38:07 AM
You can be scammed in way more ways than by losing your money. If you're doing something that another person asked you and said you'll be rewarded by it, and then they doesn't give you anything or want you do give more personal info that wasn't said anywhere you'll be needed to give, it also is scam.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
April 01, 2018, 09:21:42 AM
Airdrop/Bounty/ can still be called SCAM cause you do something for them yes its free and no need investing money but you still do  things for them you
 promote also share some info that should be private sometimes. Also most of this do some ICOs that make people invest and cost some money to people who participate.
Activity: 84
April 01, 2018, 09:14:31 AM
90 percent of scam starts on free items, like free airdrops, there are real and there are airdrops that will give you token not for holding but a wordless tokens that you need to use to play games.....sucks sometimes....
Pages:
Jump to: