Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 30. (Read 4128 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
March 31, 2018, 07:51:13 PM
most of things free are scams. no one is kind enough to give you their money. you have to work to earn money and bounty is one of the ways.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
March 31, 2018, 07:38:47 PM
Scam increasingly rampant, the more projects then the possibility of a scam is also getting bigger. Must have more knowledge so as not to be fooled by a project.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
March 31, 2018, 07:36:52 PM
I have seen situations where someone else's details like telegram username, twitter username and other details were used by scammers. By the time a scammer knows that you are airdrop addict and you do not like missing any. What he will do is that, he would send forms out disguising to be real airdrop, but purposely to get some details. By the time he has those details, he would have filled forms using yours or other victims details before you think of filing yours and that is how you will continue to fill even the good airdrops without getting anything in return.can be so fustrate

personal details like email address , usernames , wallet address , etc. are still useless without a password or a private key in order to fully access the account. however there are some cases that other people uses some other profile url on the users of bitcointalk.org in order to fill their application form on an airdrop but this is called cheating and not a scam.

Re: Can something free be a scam?

yes it is. sometimes free giveaways such as airdrop and bounty program do also lead to scam because there are some of them that dont pay. even though theres no money invovled it can still  be called as a scam because you have invested your time and effort in other to do their given task.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
https://cryptotvplus.com
March 31, 2018, 07:36:18 PM
Its sad that the issue of scams is escalating daily with new ways of cheating people of their cash, time, information and energy. Recently discovered a new way of scamming people is to send a wallet private key containing some good sums of tokens but no ether to transfer it. He who it is sent to if not aware may think he has gotten something good. therefore if he sends ether to the wallet, the money automatically gets transferred to another wallet.

on airdrops, one just have to be careful not to give personal information out that may be used to ID you.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
March 31, 2018, 07:32:47 PM
Scam involves money. As you said the word "FREE" it means it's not a scam. As long as you didn't give any amount for airdrops (free token) or ICO, you might say that you're not scammed.
Activity: 145
March 31, 2018, 07:32:24 PM
Anything is possible,but getting ethereum and email address wont be enough to steal your private keys,remember not to use your main email address with these free airdrops because they could send you phishing email links so that if you are unware and you logged in to their phishing sites your private keys will be compromised and that would be the end of your cryptocurrency journey because you will lose everything.
Activity: 152
Merit: 0
March 31, 2018, 07:28:54 PM
I have seen situations where someone else's details like telegram username, twitter username and other details were used by scammers. By the time a scammer knows that you are airdrop addict and you do not like missing any. What he will do is that, he would send forms out disguising to be real airdrop, but purposely to get some details. By the time he has those details, he would have filled forms using yours or other victims details before you think of filing yours and that is how you will continue to fill even the good airdrops without getting anything in return.can be so fustrate
Activity: 196
March 31, 2018, 07:19:26 PM
Normally airdrops and bounties will ask for your ethereum addresses and your email addresses,and if they are going to ask your private keys do not let them get it,stay away from these type of people and you should be more vigillant so you wont lose anything whenever these shit people will try to get your investments out from your wallet.
Activity: 235
Merit: 101
a sharp sword
March 31, 2018, 07:12:20 PM
AIRDROP and BOUNTY campaigns shouldnt be asking for your private keys and anything that is personal,email addresses can be use to send you some phishing links so it means that you should give dummy email addresses so these people wont be sending spam email links to you because if you are unaware you will get hacked and you will lose all of your money.
That also the KYC program is a scam that is phishing people's information. They probably like to sell the information to people that ask for it.
Activity: 336
W12 – Blockchain protocol
March 31, 2018, 07:09:05 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
They did not get you a penny but you are the accessories of the crime to scam other people who had putting their money into a fake projects since the scammers uses you to make their social media or telegram community bigger and lively to attract more investors.
Activity: 186
March 31, 2018, 07:05:39 PM
Always remember this no ICO or bounties nor airdrops will require you any private keys that is the main thing you should know,ethereum address and optional email addresses should be the things with these airdrops.Do not join any of these drops which are asking for the payment first or any ID or kyc verification because you wont know what will happen to your ID when it was sold in the deepweb.
Activity: 663
Merit: 505
March 31, 2018, 07:03:03 PM
There is nothing free here. The only thing free is in the mouse trap.
Don't fall for scams. Don't give your personal information to any site/project.
Activity: 258
Merit: 12
March 31, 2018, 07:01:18 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
ETH address and email addresses cannot be use to steal people's private keys but if they did send some phishing links in your email and you have clicked it the chances of getting your private keys will be much bigger so to be able to prevent that you should install metamask extension it is the best extension that blocks phishing sites and other malicious sites that might steal your browser's informations.
Activity: 364
March 31, 2018, 06:59:32 PM
Today really there is a lot of fraud, both among airdrop, and among ICO. You can secure yourself by having a couple of wallets on MyEtherWallet.
Activity: 210
March 31, 2018, 06:53:01 PM
Yeah if these free airdrops has asked you to give your private keys and you give it to them you probably going to lose everything.You should be aware that these scammers will do everything to get your keys that is why you need to be more vigillant so that these people wont be able to steal your money,protect your private key always,do not give personal informations and use dummy email addresses in joining any of these schemes.
Activity: 182
March 31, 2018, 06:46:16 PM
AIRDROP and BOUNTY campaigns shouldnt be asking for your private keys and anything that is personal,email addresses can be use to send you some phishing links so it means that you should give dummy email addresses so these people wont be sending spam email links to you because if you are unaware you will get hacked and you will lose all of your money.
Activity: 472
Merit: 100
Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!
March 31, 2018, 06:29:38 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Of course it can. I will give you just an example.
All the airdrops are collecting a data and put it in a database. This database is later sold for money to whoever pays for it.
Some of the customers later will send emails from some myetherwallet like site and will start fishing.
Somebody will log in to the scam site and will lose everything.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 253
March 31, 2018, 06:27:21 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
there are many scams that occur but I think if we are more careful in seeing and analyzing the project the fraud we can avoid before you follow the project you should be careful in analyzing the project
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
March 31, 2018, 06:26:02 PM
Do not use your main email address when you are joining these airdrops or bounties so that you wont be receiving malicious email links which might be a phishing email and you will get directed to phishing sites that could steal your privatekeys and that is a game over for your if you asked me because these scammers wont stop taking advantage the situation.
Activity: 1096
Merit: 167
March 31, 2018, 06:19:57 PM
The scam is when you do somthing for a project and you put your trust in it or you invest with your money in this project and your work or trust or money gone without any benefit...the scam isn't just in money
Pages:
Jump to: