Pages:
Author

Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s) - page 37. (Read 206388 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 2
Hi,

I've problem, that after few hour of mining on RX Vega 56, app just hangs. Card & Windows still works. I can close the window, and run application again.
No matter if OC or not... Sad Driver is 18.4.1.

However, performance is great. Thanks for great miner.

Any idea, hint/fix?

Thanks.

better try driver 18.3.4 because some people reported driver 18.4.1 not stable for them.
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
it's normal for the hashes to go down when CryptoNight-Heavy mine?

Maybe an improved amd driver will increase it? Vega fe can do 2000+ on cn-heavy.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi,

I've problem, that after few hour of mining on RX Vega 56, app just hangs. Card & Windows still works. I can close the window, and run application again.

Any idea, hint/fix?

Thanks.

try with/without --maxmem option.

So far it was without maxmem option... Will do afternoon, and let you know here. Nobody had such issue so far?
Activity: 73
Hi,

Any idea, hint/fix?

Thanks.

try with/without --maxmem option.
Activity: 3
Hi,

Any idea, hint/fix?

Thanks.
Activity: 73
Its normal for sumokoin and crypto heavy in vega 56 got 1500 hs instead of aprox 2000h s?

Thanks
Its normal! read explaining in posts above.
Activity: 296
Its normal for sumokoin and crypto heavy in vega 56 got 1500 hs instead of aprox 2000h s?

Thanks

I'm not sure of the exact hashrate to expect for a Vega 56, but the cryptonight heavy algorithm does have a lower hashrate on all GPUs. It's due to the changes they made to cryptonight that are different from what Monero did etc...

On monero i got 2k hs, thats why i asked Smiley Cool
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

Thanks

I'm not sure of the exact hashrate to expect for a Vega 56, but the cryptonight heavy algorithm does have a lower hashrate on all GPUs. It's due to the changes they made to cryptonight that are different from what Monero did etc...
Activity: 296

Thanks
Activity: 4
Thank to anadventureisu  for very useful app CAST_XMR_UI. Just one issue: is it possible to add profiles for different pools and coin? Thank you very much!
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
Is it possible to mine Alloy with Cast?
And if so with which Algo settings?

Thanks!.

Looks like Alloy has its own CN variant, which I believe Cast does not currently support.
Activity: 14
Hi!
I use 6xVega64, after enable --maxmem option, on my RIG, cast_xmr work better, but I see message:

Code:
HBCC Memory Segment is enabled.
Up to 3% higher hash rate can be achieved for this card by disabling it in the Radeon Settings.
GPU5: gfx901 | 64 Compute Units | Memory (MB): 8176

Radeon Settings not installed on my RIG, I use OverdriveNTool and registry table edited parameters.

if possible or maybe you know, how to disabling HBCC Memory Segment in *regedit registry table?
 Win10x64 driver 22.19.659.0

Thanks!
not possible without wattman
what driver do u use ? old blockchain or adrenaline ?

Hi!
Wattman - not use it, from this program there is no use.
I use old blockchain driver because new 18.3.4 not good work on my RIG, from 6xVega64 4GPUs-work fine 2025Hs and two GPUs 200Hs - no wont’s good work. A new driver fine work if you use no more 4GPUs...
Activity: 206
Is it possible to mine Alloy with Cast?
And if so with which Algo settings?

Thanks!.
Activity: 269
Merit: 4

Rx 4gb cards can take up to 20% hit on hashrate due to memory constraints.  The 8gb RX run about the same hash... some even higher while on heavy.
Activity: 17

It is common for hashrates to drop when mining with RX Vegas either 56 or 64. You will need to restart your GPUs/miners to regularly maximize your Cryptonight hashrates. Take a look at JJ's restart script if you want to automate this. Just do a quick google search and you should find it.

no use vega i use rx400 and rx500
in CryptoNight-v7 I have 5500 h / s and in CryptoNight-Heavy 4600hs I do not understand why this happens
Activity: 784
Merit: 282

It is common for hashrates to drop when mining with RX Vegas either 56 or 64. You will need to restart your GPUs/miners to regularly maximize your Cryptonight hashrates. Take a look at JJ's restart script if you want to automate this. Just do a quick google search and you should find it.
Activity: 17
Activity: 21
So, What Cryptonight-Heavy hashrate per 1 Vega64?
Activity: 21
Hi!
I use 6xVega64, after enable --maxmem option, on my RIG, cast_xmr work better, but I see message:

Code:
Up to 3% higher hash rate can be achieved for this card by disabling it in the Radeon Settings.

Radeon Settings not installed on my RIG, I use OverdriveNTool and registry table edited parameters.

if possible or maybe you know, how to disabling HBCC Memory Segment in *regedit registry table?

Thanks!
not possible without wattman
what driver do u use ? old blockchain or adrenaline ?
Activity: 14
Hi!

Code:

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: