Pages:
Author

Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s) - page 39. (Read 206388 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
Has some strange errors to my rigs too, mostly hang miner (stop mining but not crash), hashdrop, reset v..v.. in ver 1.0. Mining IPBC so i have no choice, may back to 0.9.5 or .6

Activity: 853
Merit: 114
i agree, today is lower hashrate compared to the last week.   also amd released new drivers for vega 56.
Activity: 4
I have changed nothing but hashrate today drop to ~1300 from 1420 in CNH and 1650 from 1800 in CNv7. For 4 days hashrate was higher.
cast xmr 1.0 vega56 msi air boost.
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
I keep getting strange errors in ver. 1.0.  Today I got “Share rejected - nonce invalid”.  Rig was running fine till I noticed a drop in hashrate and had this error.  Any ideas?  Might have to drop back a version, which seemed stable.
Activity: 5
Hi, I'm using Cast XMR Version 1.0.0 (2018/4/24) on Vega 56 for Nicehash.

cast_xmr-vega -S cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u WALLET_ADDRESS -I 9 --maxmem

My AMD driver is Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1.

The hashrate is ~1900H, which is OK. But the rejection percentage is too high, almost 40% of the shares are rejected (alert: Share above target).

Is there any solution?

Thank you!

Adding "--algo=1"  helped me in my case
Activity: 50
Hello guys.Im running some vega rigs , and while I managed to go as low as 1200 watts / 8 x vega 56 , I cant do the same for 8 x vega 64.
I'm mining monero , 2000 h/s with a vega 64 , but my total power for the rig is 1450 watts , measured at the wall.
Below are my settings , I tried everything , registry softplay tables ,everything , the lowest I could go 1450 watts / rig , this includes the cpu , motherboard etc.
Does anyone know if its possible to go lower than this? Im running my vega 56 rigs at 1250 watts / 8 cards , measured at the wall so I assume for vega 56 its possible to do something similar.
Thank you

[Profile_3]
Name=Vega64
GPU_P0=852;900;0
GPU_P1=991;900;0
GPU_P2=1084;900;0
GPU_P3=1138;900;0
GPU_P4=1150;900;0
GPU_P5=1202;900;0
GPU_P6=1212;905;0
GPU_P7=1407;870
Mem_P0=167;900;0
Mem_P1=500;900;0
Mem_P2=800;900;0
Mem_P3=1100;860
Fan_Min=3500
Fan_Max=4800
Fan_Target=65
Fan_Acoustic=2400
Power_Temp=85
Power_Target=-30
Activity: 26

cast_xmr-vega -S cryptonightv7.usa.nicehash.com:3363 -u WALLET_ADDRESS -I 9 --maxmem

The hashrate is ~1900H, which is OK. But the rejection percentage is too high, almost 40% of the shares are rejected (alert: Share above target).

Is there any solution?

Thank you!

Remove the intensity parameter "-I 9"
Activity: 1
I have a strange problem! my rig windows 10 , cpu celeron,4 gb ram , motherboard gigabyte GA-H110-D3A, 5 card vega56 8gb and 1 rx580 8 gb! It work but random miner hang, (driver crash?) and system stop working!!! we need only shutdown system Huh I have try all drivers. Suggestions? The vga on board  is my frist display, it's correct?

pls help
Activity: 2

Is there any solution?

Thank you!

Activity: 48
Is GPU mining still profitable?
dtr
Activity: 164
hi
try this
-G "0,1,2,3"

Thanks man, that helped.

Quite strange, bulit-in help says only about syntax that I mentioned.
Activity: 21
Win7 x64, 18.3.4
Today I tried this miner on 4 GPU rig. If I start it without -G option, it uses only the first GPU. If I try -G=1 or -G=2 it still uses only the first. If I try -G=0,1,2,3 it doesn't seem to work at all - no hashrate statistics, no GPU load, no temp rise. WTF?

hi
try this
-G "0,1,2,3"
dtr
Activity: 164
Win7 x64, 18.3.4
Today I tried this miner on 4 GPU rig. If I start it without -G option, it uses only the first GPU. If I try -G=1 or -G=2 it still uses only the first. If I try -G=0,1,2,3 it doesn't seem to work at all - no hashrate statistics, no GPU load, no temp rise. WTF?
Vega 56 reference cards at
CNv7 ^^
https://imgur.com/a/VlwURfF

And then at CNlite ^^
https://imgur.com/AD4E2Bl

100%stable and pulling 1350watts total from the wall Cheesy

It feels good to be a vega again. All forks and variants working very well ^^

!!!
 what are your settings ?
do you use adrenline 18.3.4 or old blockchain drivers ?
Activity: 230
Merit: 1
CNv7 ^^

And then at CNlite ^^

Those are some really good hashing rates on your Vega 56's!
Activity: 3
CNv7 ^^
https://imgur.com/a/VlwURfF

And then at CNlite ^^
https://imgur.com/AD4E2Bl

Activity: 14
Just an update on this....the only algo I am having trouble with is Heavy, and specifically Sumokoin.  This is universal, across all my machines running Cast.  Have tested both with EasyHash and HashVault with same result.  Anyone have a solution to this? 

Geez, really don’t know what to tell you.  I’ve never mined Sumo, but been mining Haven with little problem, and it also uses Heavy.  Been running Cast v 1.0.

I am also mining haven but with 9.6.  I tried the latest version (v 1.0) but was having all sorts of stability problems.  Even upgrading my video drivers to 18.3.4 I still had issues.

I don't want to sound like I am bashing Cast because a) it is "strange" that the Sumokoin pools are generating an error suggesting the you use XMRig or XMR-STAK (but no message of Cast), b) Cast 1.0.0.0 Cryptonightv7 with the --nomem flag is hashing for me at around 2000 KH/s with the 18.3.4 driver, and c) I have, for some time, found Cast to be a very solid program that just runs (and I think the devfee is reasonable).

The above being said, I would like to hear from the Cast development team on the Sumo issue....wouldn't be such a big deal but Sumo is one of the more profitable cryptos right now.

Sumo is cryptonight heavy.  Use the proper flag in your batch file.

I have.  It still doesn't work.  "support for CryptoNight Heavy set --algo=2 to mine" is not working.  --algo=1 does work as to other variants.  --algo=2 does not work.
hello

i have a little issue with the temperature as shown in cast_xmr

[20:53:40] GPU3 | 56°C | Fan 2922 RPM | 1561.3 H/s
[20:53:43] GPU0 | 50°C | Fan 2916 RPM | 1514.5 H/s
[20:53:43] GPU2 | 56°C | Fan 2955 RPM | 1491.5 H/s
[20:53:44] GPU1 | 53°C | Fan 2952 RPM | 1531.3 H/s

acutally, its wrong
in gpuz, 56 is the temperature for GPU 0 and GPU2
50 is for GPU1 and 53 for GPU2

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Just an update on this....the only algo I am having trouble with is Heavy, and specifically Sumokoin.  This is universal, across all my machines running Cast.  Have tested both with EasyHash and HashVault with same result.  Anyone have a solution to this? 

Geez, really don’t know what to tell you.  I’ve never mined Sumo, but been mining Haven with little problem, and it also uses Heavy.  Been running Cast v 1.0.

I am also mining haven but with 9.6.  I tried the latest version (v 1.0) but was having all sorts of stability problems.  Even upgrading my video drivers to 18.3.4 I still had issues.

I don't want to sound like I am bashing Cast because a) it is "strange" that the Sumokoin pools are generating an error suggesting the you use XMRig or XMR-STAK (but no message of Cast), b) Cast 1.0.0.0 Cryptonightv7 with the --nomem flag is hashing for me at around 2000 KH/s with the 18.3.4 driver, and c) I have, for some time, found Cast to be a very solid program that just runs (and I think the devfee is reasonable).

The above being said, I would like to hear from the Cast development team on the Sumo issue....wouldn't be such a big deal but Sumo is one of the more profitable cryptos right now.

Sumo is cryptonight heavy.  Use the proper flag in your batch file.
Activity: 14

Pages:
Jump to: