Pages:
Author

Topic: [CFNP] Mixin Safe - Decentralized Bitcoin Custody Solutions | Review Campaign - page 5. (Read 6628 times)

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
Bitcointalk username: ranochigo

Review on Mixin Safe

Generally smooth, gives the user detailed explanation and guidance to get their wallet set up. A little suggestion would be to list the alternative wallets that allows for PSBT signing, Electrum, etc. It would be possible to use a segwit address with the safe. The only modification would be getting the user to select the signwithprivatekey option and extract their private key that corresponds to the bc1 address.
Key Issue -
Website appears to be unoptimized for mobile viewing. User needs to scroll over the website to access the key functions, creating the wallet, reading the details etc. Can be coded better to optimize it for mobile UA. Messenger website appears to be fine.

Wallet creation:
The number of confirmations for the PIN setup appears to be quite excessive. It would be better to have a shorter PIN with rate limit on it, such that any bruteforce is difficult. There isn't any safeguards against using the digits of my phone number for the pin as well. Might be a good idea to restrict the user on the pin choices.

Wallet Usage:
Generally quite pleasing to the eye except for the menu selection, which is erronously labelled as "Bots" and the unclear labelling of the functions. Can be better if it is labelled instead.

3 Confirmations seems a little excessive for Bitcoin, but it is still within a tolerable range. 1 conf would make for a better user experience.

Messaging app:
The layout looks quite similar to Whatsapp's and messages are received pretty quickly. It would be good for it to have hyperlinks on links with a redirection for better security.

Sending of funds through messaging app appears to be working well:

Bug for withdrawal: There seems to be a bug where it says there are insufficient funds though the funds are clearly enough. In contact with support to solve this.

Privacy Recommendation:
The phone number can be used as a way for others to query and find their ID. However, this also means that they can see their profile pictures and other details. It would be better to have a privacy settings that hides it from people who are not in your contacts.

Mixin Desktop Site:
Tried to create a safe as I couldn't find a way to do so on the mobile app. Bitcoin Core's method is quite lengthy and difficult to follow. Instead, Electrum provides a better GUI in that regard and most of the other wallets should allow for a better way to create and use Multisig.

If absolutely required, a tutorial on using Bitcoin Core's GUI is far better and easier.

It is generally not advised to use an existing public key that is being used for another MultiSig as this can get confusing.

Payment for Mixin Site:
I could only find Crypto payment, which isn't too good for something that costs $2. Might be better to have Visa/Mastercard through a payment gateway as well?

Mixin Safe Usage:
Using descriptor wallets can be confusing and Bitcoin Core is generally difficult to use with the CLI. I recommend having a tutorial for the GUI.
Confirmation should only come after the safe is setup successfully, ie. after the signing of the message. This allows the user to change their public key in case of any mistake and not exhaust their safe limit.

I ended up having 3 different safes and I had to purchase an upgrade to do so.

Mornin Key:
Purchased the app directly, the app download for APK on their website is broken.

For recovery of the passphrase, it would be far better for the user to manually key in their key instead of selecting from the selection of words. This allows them to eliminate the ambiguity of the phrases. An example would be this: raw looks exactly like row. A font issue as well.

Few Clarifications:
- The website advertises MultiSig and trustless wallet but it appears like there isn't an option for the user to choose to create such a wallet.
- Descriptor wallet seems a little difficult for most users. It would be great if there could be a MultiSig implementation with multiple keys instead.
- Are there any plans to directly integrate the safe into the messager? That would provide for a more seamless experience instead of the current disconnect between the two platforms.

Recommendations:
- Eliminate any ambiguity in the setup step. There appears to be quite a few ambiguous points in the steps for the setup of the safe and it can be confusing for some.
- Try to be more privacy-centric. Allow for a privacy mode with certain features that exposes the privacy to be limited.

Verdict:

I think that the concept is generally quite okay, with the intentions and the user experience optimized. I think that the execution of the safe can be better, by giving the user a more straight-forward way to use it and the integration with Bitcoin Core feels quite haphazard. However, there are still numerous bugs and some questions about usability of the app (high fees, some bugs). Do let me know if you would need clarifications on any of those points that I've highlighted.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
My Review:  UmerIdrees

I will share my experience here. Since I read some of the reviews and I was afraid that it will be a difficult process but once I initiated it was not as difficult as it seems. In fact i enjoyed it.

Mornin Key Installation

First, I installed Mornin Key on my Android phone. It asks me to create a new account. I created a new account with my name. I secured it with my face ID and also write down the mnemonic. The process was pretty simple and easy.

Mixin Messenger

The next step was to install the Mixin Messenger. I  downloaded it from the playstore and installed it.

On my fast internet connection, It hardly took a minute or two to get installed. The next step was to verify the phone number. I waited for some time but the code did not arrive. Perhaps my country was supported or it could have been any other reason (an issue at the cellular company). I tried another number and it worked.

I was asked to set up a pin which I did successfully. I had to verify that PIN four times. This was something unusual as verifying two times should be enough. I created my wallet on the Mixin messenger and was glad to find that it supported a few cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, LTC etc

Mixin Safe
So now after setting up both Mixin Messenger and Mornin key, the next phase was to test and experience the Mixin Safe. For this purpose, I opened https://safe.mixin.zone/start.  Since I already had the Mornin key setup, I used the Mornin Key as an Owner wallet option and my all the steps were already completed, so i moved on to https://safe.mixin.zone/login page where i was given the option to scan my mixing messenger. The process was very fast and i was directed to https://safe.mixin.zone/dashboard

So the next step was to create a safe. There were two options to choose from the network, Bitcoin or Litecoin.
I choose My favourite, Bitcoin.

Next, I connected my Mornin wallet which holds the owner key of the current safe by scanning the QR code. It was done successfully.

Now it says that creating this safe requires upgrading the plan, so I decided to upgrade to the cheapest 2$ plan. I choose the TRX to deposit 2$.

I overpaid a bit just to make sure that the TX fees are covered but surprised to find that they have the refund option too.
However, i did not opt for refund as the amount was not so big.

Finally the new safe was created and i also activated it by signing in the QR code through Mornin key.

Now i tested the deposit and withdrawal and checked if everything works fine. The deposit arrived as soon as it was confirmed and i faced no delay at all. Also i checked my mixin messenger and verified that the btc was showing there as well.

Finally i tried to withdraw and as expected i have to sign in and approve the transcation from my Mixin Messeger and then the onwer approval from the Mornin Key. It was approved instantly and the status also got confirm instantly.

Overall it was a very good expereince and i was satisfied with the working of Mixin Safe.

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
Bitcointalk username:  Sujonali1819

Thanks to Royse777 for giving me the opportunity for reviewing the Mixin Safe project.

First Impression:

I am very new to such a project and I did not review this type of project previously. So it's a little bit hard for me to understand everything and try to do some study before making the review and it takes some time.

Installing Mixin Messenger:

After visiting the Safe website I go to download Mixin Messenger and I go to the google play store redirected from the Mixin Safe website. And I have successfully Downloaded it without any issues.

Img

Creating Mixin Messenger account:

After successfully installing the Mixin Messenger App I go to create the account and see only the option of creating an account with a Mobile phone. But was looking for an option like email. Since it is all about crypto I think they should keep at least another option for creating an account. This will help to feel good about the user's privacy and also increase the installation/usage of this app I assume.

Then I tried to create an account with a Phone number and got a verification code on time. I saw some users were talking about delaying receiving the verification code. But I got it on time and very the code easily without any errors.

During the creating new wallet we need to set a pin. I was really amazed when I see the app asking to type 4 times the confirmation pin. It's annoying but I love it so that people don't forget the pin later Smiley

After successfully setting up the 5 digits pin. I can see a new wallet with a lot of coins. It's looking good that they are accepting a lot of cryptos. Here are some of them.

Mixin Messenger Features:

After creating the wallet I try to keep an eye on everywhere in around the app. I found some features that I really love. Some of them.

1. Privacy - Setting -> Account -

• Change Phone number: Nice feature where I am eligible for changing phone number if needed
  • Delete account: I really feel good with this feature. It's always good If I can delete my account permanently.

2. Privacy - Setting -> Account -> Privacy

• Conversation: Where I can choose who can message me
  • Phone Number: I can hide phone numbers from everyone like Telegram
  • Incognito Keyboard: I love to switch on this feature
  • Finger Print: This is also good for safety

3. Privacy - Setting -> Account -> Security

• Emmergency Contact: Where I can set a emergency contact
  • Athorizations: I can give an authorization to other contact
  • Logs: Where I can see my logs

4. Hiding Assets

5. Changing Theme and chat background.

Adding Contact:

To add a contact I created another account and add it as the contact. It also went smoothly.

Adding funds in Mixin Messenger wallet:

To make a deposit I choose LTC for lower fees. and I deposited some 0.174 LTC which arrived after 12 confirmations and it takes 5-7 minutes.

Installing Mornin key app:

Like downloading Mixin Messenger I also went to the google play store. And I realize that it is a Paid app and need to pay around $1 to buy it. But I was not able to pay due to the payment method. So I start to search again on the website and found a link of downloading the apk file free.

Creating Mornin key

After installing the app I created successfully the Mornin key after passing a few common steps which are super easy and without any issues.

Creating Mixin Safe

To create a Mixin safe I visit https://safe.mixin.zone/ and connect my phone to my PC by scanning the QR code easily.

Creating a New Safe: To create a multi-sig wallet I clicked on + create New safe button from the right top of the safe.mixin.zone website. They redirect me to another page where I need to put the Safe name and choose the crypto that I am creating the multi-sig for. I put them and Click on the next button. They show me a QR code to scan from My Mornin Key app.

I scan the QR code and click on next. Now need to add my Contact there. I was confused here. I tried this before adding my contact in Mixin Messenger. Later Create a new account and add it as a contact. During this adding contact period, I was on the same page where need to put My contact. But it was not working. Later logout and re-login and try to search for my contact. It works and it is there.

After adding the contact Clicked on next, and was redirected to a new page where I need to upgrade the plan. For upgrading the plan there were a lot of crypto payments accepted. But I tried first the MixPay+wallet, But it won't work(I got some error like insufficient funds. ) Later I choose Crypto as a payment method and select LTC. and I paid the fee of 2 USD from Mixin Messenger wallet without any issue.

After successfully creating the Safe it's activated and generated a new LTC wallet address. I scanned the wallet address from Mixin Messenger and send the fund from there. I sent 0.12 LTC which was $10, but the fee was 0.02 LTC which is like $1.66, I have to admit that the fee was bigger for mainly LTC. It should be less.

Btw it has arrived at my LTC Safe. without any issue. No need to time the test of the withdrawal method. After trying the withdrawal stuff I realize that you need to pass the same steps that you have passed during creating a new Safe. It it's good and secure.

Send -> Select Safe -> Receiver wallet address and Amount -> Member approval and Lastly Owner Approval (Mixin key scan).

After passing these steps the transaction was successful (takes some time since needs a few approvals). I got the fund to my other wallet smoothly without any issues.

Transfering fund to contact

After doing all the above things last I try to make a transfer to my contact. Simply click on my contact and go to the message page. From the bottom, I find an option like Transfer, Clicked on it, and come to a screen for inputting the amount and confirm button. I did and it was more than smooth and faster. I love it.

Final Impression: After completely doing all the essential parts I am really happy to use this platform. Now I am feeling better and easy to use. The most important thing is due to the multi-sig feature where users need multi approvals to make a transaction, I have to admit that it's super secured and recommended for all to use this platform.

Sugestions
  • Login Option: As you all know, most crypto users like to protect their privacy, I will really suggest adding another option beside Phone number
  • Withdrawl Page Scanner: While I was withdrawing the fund from my Safe. I need to put the address manually. I think if we have an option for scanning addresses would be good I think.

Best wishes to the Mixin Safe project as well as to Royse777

rby
Activity: 742
Merit: 611
Brotherhood is love
rby Reviews Mixin Safe Project.
Bitcointalk username: rby
Batch: 3

..Task Performed:..
  • I created mixin safe, made a deposit and sent transaction
  • I prepared Owner wallet using Morning key
  • I prepared the Members wallet
  • I downloaded the Mixin messenger
  • I set the pin, added contacts and set emergency contact
  • I joined the mixin Testing group  
  • I sent BTC to my contact from the chat interface (a fascinating experience)
  • Paid a $2 upgrade from the mixin wallet
  • I wrote my honest review of the mixin project.

..Preamble:..
Since the creation of bitcoin, the most challenge bitcoin users have faced is safe keeping of bitcoin. Many people which includes early adopters of bitcoin lost huge amount of bitcoin due to poor bitcoin management skill. Satoshi couldn't even bother himself much about this, such that he told us that the lost bitcoin is an advantage to the network as it makes bitcoin more scarce.

Recently, CZ of Binance made an exaggerated statement that 99% of the people will lose crypto storing in safe custody. Little did he know that mixin is coming with a solution.
The OWNER key is managed by third party and popular bitcoin wallets,  can have a normal backup solution, and no need to worry about it's stolen or lost. Because nobody will be able to spend the coins with this only OWNER key, and the coins can be recovered even if the OWNER key is completely lost.
This is the most fascinating part of this project and that is the reason of my interest in the project.

..My overall experience:..
I will firstly acknowledge that this is a big project unlike what I thought before applying for the review. Not only being a big project, it embarked on a project that isn't what an ordinary bitcoin user is conversant with. If anyone wants to be his own bank, recover lost bitcoin or seed, sh/e should be able or willing to make some sacrifices of learning.
From the morning key to the mixin.safe has a nice user experience and interface. There isn't so much deviation from the standards of a wallet or a messenger in either case, but uniqueness is maintained.

I had no issues with installation of morning key and mixin messager, but at a time I saw myself moving forth and back. It looked as if I was doing a repetitive task but at every repeating stage, the task isn't becoming easy. This was to be a big issue for a newcomer in the crypto world who has never installed a wallet or run a node.
Transactions were fast and prompt. Sending bitcoin from a private wallet to mixin was far, but the reverse experienced a high fee which many other reviewers have complained.
It seems the team is seriously maintaining the whole project based on the recommendations from this review. I was stuck while trying to access the wallet for more than 15 mins, with the information Server under maintenance error 502
Sending bitcoin to a contact was fast and cool.

My experience within the time of this review convinced me that this is a project I will have to use. I have mapped a plan of calling the attention of my tech savvy friends who are not in this forum to this project. This will surely be our new place of online hang out.

..Pluses ++:..
Below are features of the mixin decentralized ecosystem that deserve my accolade. There are more to this, but I have to list this for now:
  • The first project I have seen that maintains decentralization and as well as offers a believable bitcoin inheritance solution
  • A messenger with inbuilt crypto wallet. You chat and you share funds in same platform
    The OWNER key is managed by third party and popular bitcoin wallets,  can have a normal backup solution, and no need to worry about it's stolen or lost. Because nobody will be able to spend the coins with this only OWNER key, and the coins can be recovered even if the OWNER key is completely lost.
  • The multi-sig method of transaction approval gives a resounding believe on security
  • User friendly interfaces
  • A little fun. I had to play games to wait for customer support. Unlike other platforms that I may boringly wait endlessly for the support

..Challenges:..
My experience wasn't totally a seamless one, so I have to list some challenges I encountered in this project.
  • Having to frequently move from one device to another in order to perform or approve transaction was a challenge.  I understand it is for security purpose according to the multi-sig model that was used. I do no also have a recommendation of a better way to handle this, but then it was challenging to me.
  • The mixin.safe interface is not mobile responsive.  I mean, I perceive the team behind this project is very competent.  They should understand that the responsiveness of recent time is mobile-first(because many people are using mobile than desktop). At a time I began to think that it's a deliberately act to achieve something.  But whatever it might be, it really frustrated me that i had to turn my phone to landscape and portrait within seconds. I wanted to stop reviewing till I have access to my computer, but on a seond thought the deadline for this review will elapse.  
  • Transaction error 503 service unavailable invalid character 'W' looking for beginning of value - code : 400. I tried for some minutes to solve this, because this is relayed to JSON files. Not until I discovered I was using a crypto address in private wallet. I don't know why the addresses from either exchange or wallet are not compatible
  • There are some kind of restrictions, majorly in the plan upgrade. I will like to know what other reviewers will say here

..Questions:..
  • Is P-USD mixin's stable coin?
  • Is the morning key password manager a project of mixin?
  • Members to approve transaction was set to 1 by default, does increasing the number increase security?
  • During registration, phone number was needed and not email. But during chat with support, email was needed, why?  
  • If someone sends me an address for a transaction, will I have to ask the person if the address was from a wallet or an exchange?

..Recommendations:..
  • There should be varying fee for transactions in the mixin crypto messenger.  Transaction of 0.123 BTC should be higher than a transaction of 0.0036 BTC. It doesn’t make much sense for transaction fee to be higher than transaction itself. If you feel no one should send 0.0001 BTC, then increase the transaction limit.
  • I purposely entered a wrong 6 digit pin and I got this response. . I mean 24hrs is too long for someone who wants to complete a transaction to wait. But then, I proceeded without waiting.
  • I have seen many reviewers suggesting that all the fees be eliminated. But if mixin wants other ways to earn, a means to convert from one coin to another could be introduced here. I know this is a wallet and not a CEX. But I wanted to convert btc to other coins and would have done it even if a small fee was charged me. This is not making so much sense because my proposal I am suggesting a touch of centralization

..Conclusions:..
For the purpose of the review I have dropped this, but will from henceforth visit the discussion thread of this project because I have found a great interest in the project, it solved an existing problem in a convenient way.
I pause here and allow other reviewers to cover other areas I could not cover in the review.
Activity: 952
Merit: 824
Livecasino.io
Bitcointalk username: Davidvictorson
My Review of Mixin Safe - Decentralized Bitcoin Custody Solutions

Having being accepted into the review campaign. I read through the thread once again. This was to enable get a perfect idea of what was expected of me a reviewer. Gladly, there was a to-do which provided excellent directions for review. Therefore, I will follow the guide and provide my honest review of the product. Let’s get started.
creating a Mixin Safe - the process

(a) Download and Install Mornin Key
To create a Mixin Safe, I first have to download and install Mornin Key. Since I am an Andriod user, I opened my Google PlayStore and searched for Mornin Key. I had to pay around $0.69 to buy the app before I could download and install the app. I made the payment and was therefore able to download and install the app.
The two things I noticed from the Google Play Store about the app is that first, there is no review and second, it is yet to receive any rating.

I then proceeded to creating an account. I entered my preferred username, I choose the passcode option rather than the biometric option. Next, I was asked to secure my wallet by writing down the mnemonic phrase on a piece of paper and storing in a vault or safe place. I clicked on next and was asked to enter the mnemonic phrase. When I was done, it took me to a new page.

(b) Download and Install Mixin Messenger
After downloading and installing the Mornin Key, I proceeded to my Google PlayStore once again to download and install the Mixin Messenger. This was pretty smooth and it didn’t require me to buy it. Unlike the Mornin Key, this one already has a rating of 4.5 and a couple of reviews too.
To sign up, I was required to enter my phone number. A 4-digit verification pin was sent to my number. I didn’t experience any delays in receiving the verification pin. I received the pin in less than 3 minutes. After which I enter my preferred username. Then got a welcome message from the Mixin team which contained the messenger’s guidelines.  I proceeded to setting a 6 digit wallet PIN so as to create my first digital wallet. I entered and confirmed the pin four times. It took some few minutes synchronise and then viola, the wallet was created.

(c)Create Mixin Safe
To create my Mixin safe, I had to use the Mornin key I had prepared earlier to do it. But this is like the tricky part because I had to leave the app and go to the website to be able to do this. Me thinks that everything should be done in the app. It is a hassle going from the app to the website and then back. Crypto noobs may lose interest as they would conclude that the process is cumbersome. Okay back to the creating the safe on the website.

I followed the whole process on the website and the final step was to use Mixin Messenger to Scan the QR Code on my computer screen. I did so and an authorization request popped up – to read public profile etc I granted it my entering my passcode. Upon which I received a message on the app saying I have signed into Mixin Safe Successfully.
Going forward I followed the instruction and guide on the https://support.mixin.one/en/article/how-to-use-mornin-key-to-create-mixin-safe-1u1rf36/
I clicked on safe, then new safe, then entered the new safe name and choose bitcoin as my preferred network and clicked on Next. The next page is to confirm the owner of the safe by selecting the private key wallet that controls the current safe. I selected Mornin key and used it to scan the QR Code on the page. After this step, the next was to set up members and threshold.

At this point, I got the message that I have to upgrade the plan to create the safe

On the upgrade plan window, I chose the Standard $2 per year option and proceeded to make payment. I chose the USDT(TRC20) as my payment crypto and then proceeded to make the payment. I went back to my dashboard and clicked on CREATE to complete the process which required that I use Mornin Key to scan the QR code which was provided.

(c) Making a Deposit and Withdrawal on Mixin Safe
I used my Binance exchange wallet and transferred 0.0005087BTC to my Mixin safe Bitcoin wallet. It took about 45minutes for my Safe wallet to get credited. There was also a notification message on my Mixin Messenger that reads [Davidvictorson] received a deposit of 0.0004587 BTC. I go to my dashboard and the balance has reflected.

The withdrawal was pretty much the same thing. The process went like this From Safe – Receiver and Amount – Summary – Member(s) Approval – Owner Approval. I used my mornin Key for the approval. I monitored it on https://bitcoinblockexplorers.com/. It was faster than the deposit.

(e) Final Comments
1.   I totally enjoyed the process from downloading the apps to creating the safe, making deposit and withdrawals.
2.   For a first timer it wasn’t easy. The guide was straightforward and easy to follow.
3.   I have no problems with the phone number for sign up but then again there should be more than one signup option.
4.   I would also recommend that users drop their reviews and ratings on the Google Play page of the Mornin Key app.
5.   I look forward to doing more transactions.
Activity: 812
Merit: 573
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
MY MIXIN REVIEW

USERNAME: Oluwa-btc

Downloading the App
This is my own part of the Mixin Safe review and I will like to be very swift since my experience was not as complex as I thought  would be. I was able to download the Mixin Safe app through the main site without any difficulty.  I preferably choose to download on Play Store since I Android interface was always easy to use for me. The downloading was very fast and the Mixin Safe app has little Megabyte which made it very faster since the space was small.

After downloading,  I quickly create an account using a phone number to back it up so incase I have to retrieve it back. I was also prompted to create a 6 digits pin to backup my account which was one of the safety precautions of Mixin Messenger app to prevent unnecessary access by a third party. I took a walk around the app to see some of the functions that amazed me alot. I discovered that I can easily create a chat group and add my contacts making it end to end encrypted. It has a white background and a touch of blue with black words that makes it suitable to use and assimilate. 

Mixin Messenger Improvement
I would have been so happy if it has the option to adjust the background like putting it on a dark mode because I am a kind of person that like controlling the amount of light emissions from my mobile. I am allergic to been exposed to too much light for a long time and this is one of the reasons why I also switch my phone servings to dark mode because the white background generate too much white light that do affect my eye when exposed for a longer time than expected. 

The option of using only phone number is a turn off for me, so it will be impressive if the team can add other options that users can use to create accounts apart from just using phone numbers. This will be better for those of use that don't like using our phone online or attaching it to our wallet for any known reason. Since the Mixin Messenger wallet is a decentralised one, it will be much better to have so many options so create account. I also hope more coins will be supported because I tried searched for some of the meme coins I'm holding and can't find them.

Downloading Mornin Key
The morning Key is a good app but I add some challenges when downloading it. At first I downloaded the APK file since it was free to use but my device did not support it. I tried deleting it and downloading it with another browser but still couldn't install it which was a big headache to me downloading it consecutively.  I had no option than to use another mobile device to download it because I was almost fading up. I tried the Bitcoin Core as another option  but there was a lot of configurations I had to do to enable me to use it with my Mixin Messenger. 

The use of Mornin Key was the most appropriate option for me since it was easier to use.  I finally downloaded it with another mobile device so I can use it with the Mixin Messenger.  After downloading,  I quickly created an account and create a pin that was another safety precaution. Thr Mornin Key app was very simple to use with a nice interface. I was able to move around the app since it was a seed phrase back up app.

Creating my own contacts
The contact adding was a big challenge to me and I never wanted to waste time to add contacts to my list. The app was easier to use and adding contacts using the scan code bar. I was able to scan my contact barcode to add then to my contact list and the process was very quick without any delay. The speed of Mixin Messenger was very fast and I love it. I also allowed my contacts to add me too to there contact so tag we can see one another and create a single group testing it how efficient it was. Thr Mixin Messenger was very easy to use  with so many features that was appealing.

Creating a New Safe
For me to get to this stage confused me a lot because I was wondering how i am going to create a New Safe after I have done the necessary things to do. I was able to scan the bar code on the Mixin Website to get to my account, enabling me to have an access to create my own New Safe. The process of creating my New Safe account was very fast since k have already done everything that was necessary for me to do before getting to the stage of creating a New Safe. I added the number of person to confirm transaction and I was able to get to the stage where I was asked to upgrade. I paid $2 in bitcoin although there was so many options for me to pay but I preferred paying through bitcoin.

After sending the Bitcoin using my personal wallet, I waited for it to show on my New Safe and it does not take upto 3 minutes for the first confirmation before the second confirmation making the transaction to be approved. Immediately the transaction was approved, i was referred to another page to complete the registration.  After I was done with the opening of the New Safe account,  I decided to make a transaction to test the wallet based on transaction fee and how fast it will take to complete a single transaction.  It was very quick for the transaction to want through. 

Conclusion
MY experience using the Mixin Messenger and registering my Mixin Safe account was very simple and smooth. The team had really done a good job creating a good wallet that support so many coins and Blockchains that is a major desire of every users to see what they are looking for on the wallet. I hope more coins and chains will be updated soon so that we can have a smooth experience using the Mixin wallet with our New Safe accounts.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Here's mine:

As instructed, I followed the user guide whose first suggestion is to use the Mornin key to create Mixin Safe. It's the most logical for me since I don't wanna turn on a Bitcoin core that has to update nor would use Ledger for a new app. Not the usual I guess but I chose to download the APK for Android to test. It's not recommended to download APK but I feel brave for doing so and yeah I did it and it's the easiest to do just like installing the Mixin messenger.

It's connecting to Mixin Safe Dashboard that is making this app a lot weirder because I thought having Mornin Key and Mixin Messenger is all I need. As it turns out, a user needs to scan a code to link their account to the Mixin Safe dashboard.

It must be related to phones old phone models because my problem started when my scan doesn't work. Kelly the chat support is very patient in guiding me, this is something she must have faced every now and then for she knew the team is still developing the product. She had to ask what my operating system was and what browser I'm using. It must have been a common problem. But after trying it out on different browsers, the scan worked when I browse https://safe.mixin.zone/dashboard with Chromium browser and I finally linked my Mixin messenger to the Mixin Safe. Chromium is different from Chrome by the way. I tried on Firefox is also didn't work but it worked on Chromium.

I began to understand the purpose of the Mixin Safe when I saw the lines "The best solution for Inheriting Bitcoin". Who wouldn't want to pass his wealth to his sons and daughters?
When I scanned Mixin Login, it says "Provide the general public with state-of-the-art Bitcoin custody solutions." It's not actually for Mixing Bitcoin which is the first impression for some people just when they see the name of this project.

Once a Mixin Safe is created, you can not add another member to it. This should be emphasized before a user finalizes his New Safe creation. Maybe a little popup window reminding the user about adding a contact or someone in the Safe he is creating. Therefore you need to create another Safe in case you want to add another member like your brothers, sons, and daughters.

I did try to create another Safe with a few contacts I added using the Mixin IDs of the users here but then again, there is the need to upgrade my plan for that $2 I paid for the upgrade was meant only for 1 Mixin Safe. The upgrade for you to be able to create 5 Mixin Safe costs $8/year.

Expectation:
I'm hoping to see the team would add altcoin network one day when a user creates a New Safe like the ETH or BNB. These must be something in their mind since the Mornin Key have a list of tokens on it and even in paying for the Mixin Safe upgrade, they also accept altcoins in fact I paid mine in EOS with their weird memo tag that I did have to scan as well.

I think plans should not be limited to one year only. They should be offering a 3-5 year plan instead of offering a 5 Safe for Elite plan which cost $8/year. These plans will be worry-free for users, doesn't need to keep tabs every year. A safe for a small company with 10 employees having their funds in BTC, I guess the Mixin Safe will be useful and will be for long term as well.

As for now, only a few wallets can be used for Mixin Safe like the Morning Key, Bitcoin Core, and Ledger. Not all Bitcoin users are using these wallets. If they want more adoption of Mixin Safe, they would need the popular ones to connect to it like the Trezor, Electrum, and Exodus.

Conclusion:
Mixin Safe is for now a Beta. I think there are lots of people who will be using it since many of us wants to share their wealth with the members of the family. The owner key and members key is all that's needed for everyone can spend the coins in the safe. Also as advertised, the project will likely be the way in handing out the birthright of their kids without having to deal with lawyers.  
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
@Gencecikmen, some more efforts on the review was expected. It was not a good job at all.

Batch#4 reward/payment sent: 6a4c96c5de9578657f5f8195230d4d326c91f8fca0f0cb702e20c4cb1e0ccc3b
Members in Batch#4:
Code:
Mr.right85 Hero Member
_act_ Hero Member
GxSTxV Sr. Member
Sim_card Full Member
LoyceV Legendary
OmegaStarScream Legendary/ Staff
Z-tight Hero Member
coupable Hero Member
BitcoinTurk Hero Member
MAAManda Hero Member
Chilwell Full Member
Little Mouse Legendary
Synchronice Sr. Member
UmerIdrees Hero Member
virasog Legendary
nelson4lov Hero Member
bitmover Legendary
Iroh Sr. Member
Onyeeze Full Member
Beparanf Hero Member
Your deadline to submit the reviews before 10/08/2023 @23:59 UTC. Please do not miss the deadline.

Code:
Gianluca95
jamyr
electronicash
Your deadline is in two days only. Please do not miss this extended deadline.

Code:
Obari
Wapfika
Sakanwa
Rruchi man
Davidvictorson
sujonali1819
rby
CryptoHeadlineNews
Oluwa-btc
pakhitheboss
Compromise me
Baoo
Doan9269
ranochigo
Your deadline is in two days too. Hopefully none of you will miss it.

Thanks
Activity: 1386
Merit: 326
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Reviewing new projects is always tough because we have to check different aspects and then give an opinion. MIXIN SAFE also was a new project for me and before this i never looked out alternatives to this one. Anyway I checked out each step very carefully and then wrote a review so that any deficiency in the whole process improved in the beta stage. Some steps were very lengthy and there was a short way to do it but I chose a long method, as I have determined to check out every aspect and give review on every single step.

Mixin Messenger
MIXIN MESSENGER WEBSITE:
Mixin Messenger official website is well organized with eye catching design. I opened a website on PC and Mobile. Website design is mobile friendly and only shows Playstore and APK download option in the mobile while in PC we can view all available download options.

DOWNLOADING MIXIN MESSENGER
Currently Mixin messenger is available for Android, Apple, Linux ,Mac and windows. I choose Windows for a better view.

Mixin messenger is available in Microsoft official store and I recommended this one because it was checked and approved by the store so no malware and no tension of the virus. I am using an HP laptop with advance accessories so i downloaded the app from the official store and it's downloaded and installed in a minute.

Note: Exe files are also available which is best option for low and old desktops that cannot load Windows 10 and have no access to the Microsoft official store.

I was expecting that this will be enough to login directly but after launching the app it promt for signin through smartphone and i have to first download app in smart phone, signup and then scan QR code to login in desktop app which is very lengthy process.

Installing app in smartphone is very easy and available in the Playstore.

SIGNUP AND LOG IN:
first i opened app in smart phone and mobile phone number is only way to sign up. verification code arrived in few seconds. The whole signup process went smoothly and then the first step in smartphone after SIGNUP is to setup new Pin code. after setting up full option  available including Wallet, Theme setting, contact, scan, chat and some others setting.

Mobile:
The mobile app is very fast, mobile friendly and easily understandable.
Chat option is available to send messages (text and voice). voice call and sending photos, videos are also available. at Short Chat has all features available with addition of sending token from wallet to our contact in sample way.

In mobile dark theme is available and i personally use this to keep safe my eye.

PC:
I tried many time to login in Mixin messenger desktop by Scanning QR code hut unfortunately it failed everytime. I tried more than ten times and then finally i give up.

after 12 hours I tried again and this time successfully logged into the desktop. I'm interested to see that the mobile app is much better than the desktop and no wallet option available in the desktop version..

In desktop appearance could be changed to dark mode and edit the size of chat. adding manual proxy is also available.

Mornin:
Mornin Key is a password management software that helps users save and manage passwords for various accounts, protecting users' account information

From above introduction it is clear now that Mornin key is used to save our private key cloudly. Mixin has partnership with this app because it is safest and secure way to safe key.

In Playstore we have to pay 0.99$ to download and we can download APK files but download other than Playstore possesses high risk.

Installation Process is easy and only required to save optional phrase for future safety. This app is just to save our key and other all task done in Mixin messenger.

CREATING MIXIN SAFE(BTC):

Mixin safe is only available in web and we cannot directly create safe in app. by opening official website the first work to do is login through mixin messenger. This is very easy work and required just scanned Qr code.

Creating safe is quiet easy which need mixin messenger and mornin key approval for linking so that when we withdraw our fund we will need to approve from these two app. These two apps will be required if anyone lost access to private key.

For creating Mixin Btc Safe we have to go through these steps

1: creating names for Safe and choosing BTC or LTC. I choosed BTC token to test the system.

2: Chose wallet that supports Signin. This wallet will store our private key. at this time Mornin key, Bitcoin core and Ledger are available. I already have a Mornin key installed and now just to scan QR code to sign.

Select number of members we want to add in Signin approval request.
We can set the number of thresholds from 1 to 5 which decided the number of users need to confirm transaction. for fast approval we can set only one and only our Mixin approval will be needed for every transaction.
for high privacy we could add 2-5 members and without confirmation of all users no transaction will be proceed.

Signing approval from Mixin messenger.
QR code will be required to scan from Mixin messenger.

Upgrade package:
Three packages available at this time and we can select according to our need. The cheapest one is 2$ per year where only one Safe wallet could be created, maximum 3 members could be added and one transaction is totally free. 100$ pack is best for long term users where we cab create 16 safes, add up to 10 members and 16 free transactions.

Mixpay team is responsible for this purpose and many payment options are available and easiest one is paying through crypto where all big tokens are available to deposit.

Currently Mixpay have these options for upgrade:

* Crypto Wallet (28 Crypto tokens available)
* Connect with MIXIN MESSENGER WALLET
* Connect with other wallets such as Metamask, Coinbase, okx, bitkeep, Imtoken, Tokenpocket, Mathwallet, Itoken

I personally deposited from Binance and by Scanning the qr code address + amount automatically added and payment received after successful withdraw from Binance. This process is very fast and my payment received timing is just 3 seconds. i will give 5/5 rate .

Last step: Signing approval through Mornin key:
The second time the Mornin key Scan will be required to activate the safe. My safe is now fully ready for the transaction.

Deposit:
After successful creation of Mixin Safe now our wallet is ready for performing any transaction. Our Btc address shows clearly in our safe, we can copy it from there or just click the Received button available at the top Home screen.
Minimum deposit is 0.0001(2.9$) BTC. sending less then this amount will be permanent loss of btc. This amount is very low and i believe no one will try to deposit less than 3$.

I deposited 0.003 BTC from Binance to Mixin Safe wallet. I carefully observed how long btc deposit take to complete. BTC recieved after 1 confirmation and Total balance showing value in $ and just below amount is showed in BTC.

Withdraw:
Now to withdraw fund  Mixing messenger and Mornin key app needed to approve transaction. I clicked on send and then page appears to select safe. I have created only one safe so it's showing only one with anon name and then wrote amount to withdraw and proceeded to next page.

now Approve transaction in Mixin messenger required. I have selected one threshold, this is why only one mixing messenger approval is required.

The next and last step required Mornin key approval by scanning and withdrawing successfully.

Transaction hash created after some minutes to check the status of transaction. Withdrawing funds also went smoothly like deposit and I received funds instantly after approving. Withdrawing BTC is absolutely free and gas  fee was also paid by Mixin team and i recieved full payments.

Transaction History:

MY BTC ADDRESS: bc1qx03pkd50jz6glz8craphvlqkwrxyydu8erw0hj
MIXIN SAFE BTC ADDRESS: bc1q6kxxy9s0xtnuq30lrhszas8n2vp5yl4usqdngzqmdg40ted8002sqx7atn

DEPOSIT HASH: cb39ce422e92edd91c3a2955e4245c28b445710e0b6903fbabfd3a36c458c159

WITHDRAW HASH: fe1d4299f95bbc90e151b6822deaa12f18c90fe9a28ba62bc262e60c86ba3b66

MIXIN SAFE EYE CATCHING KEY FEATURE:
* Decentralized way to restore key
* No access to fund without accessing aleast 2 key.
* Unlock period for Mixin team key.
* no hidden fee when deposit and withdraw.
* Fast deposit and withdraw.
* lot of options available for upgrading mixin safe.
*Add many users for approval to strict security.

Some recommendations:
* Desktop Mixin needs to be improved and makes it more valuable than the android version by adding wallets and other attractive features like playing games with friends etc.
* It will be better to add a trust wallet and safepal wallet to connect for Upgrading package .
* Desktop Mixin was failed to sigin many times which should be checked.

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
🚨 Important notice for reviewers who create Mixin Safes using Bitcoin Core 🚨

You must use Bitcoin Core 25.0 or later in order to broadcast transactions from the safe. Older versions do not sign the PSBT from the private key wallet which prevents transactions from being approved by the owner. (In other words, preventing you from getting your money out).

If you created a safe with an older version of Core, you can still send a transaction from it using one of the newer Bitcoin Core versions. I'll pass the info down to cedricfung as I don't see it addressed anywhere on the site.

There's no need to panic.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1077
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

Review:

For this review, I tested the Mixin Messenger app, the Mixin safe browser and Mixin desktop app. I installed the Mixin Messenger app on my phone from the app store and registered with my phone number. I also created a 6-digit PIN for app security. It was more complicated than setting up pins on other apps. I had to enter a 6-digit pin and confirm it three times.

Using phone numbers for registration is a common practice for messenger apps, but it may deter some users who are concerned about their privacy or security. Although dummy numbers can be used for testing purposes, they do not provide a reliable way to recover the mixin messenger account or the mixin safe account in case the pin is forgotten. Therefore, it would be beneficial to offer an alternative option to use email addresses for registration. This would also solve the issue of not receiving the verification code via SMS, which happened to me several times with different numbers.

I preferred the browser over the desktop mode because it was more convenient. The site layout is simple and looks okay to me. Desktop app is not properly working. I had a problem logging in. When I was logging in, the desktop app displayed an error message. This happened in the desktop app after scanning the QR code. Desktop app didn't work after I scanned the QR code again and again. 

The dark theme is not bad. Adding contacts was easy. I just needed a friend's username or phone number, and then I could start chatting with them.  I added a friend using the ID code and we exchanged bitcoins through the messaging section. It was very practical and easy.

The mixin messenger is similar to WhatsApp or Telegram. I like everything about it and I can use it to chat with some of my friends. It works well except for some missing features, such as video calls, read receipt toggle, and online status indicator.

Conclusion:

I had a smooth experience overall. The app is great, simple and functional. My experience with the Mixin messenger was positive, but there are some things that could make it better. It could improve some aspects of the in-app wallet.

Suggestion: The chat features are mostly fine, just some minor suggestions. I also like the option to delete a chat only for me or for everyone. Adding a chat reaction would be awesome too.

Suggestion: A tutorial video on the whole process would be very helpful to reduce some stress.

Suggestion: Add an email address option for registration.

Suggestion: Allow sending to the wallet address from clipboard directly and simplify the Withdraw page details.
Activity: 560
Merit: 365
Pakistan Local Board Request
Thanks Royse777 for giving me this opportunity

Bitcointalk Username: Unknown Op
Mixin ID: 41186513

Here is My Review:

This is not a first for me to test or review any website or app I previously reviewed whirlwind, megapari or utopia messenger app so I try my best to completely review mornin key, Mixin wallet or Safe Zone so nothing can be missed out. Firstly I downloaded these apps for review are:

• Mornin Key
  • Mixin Crypto Wallet
  • Safe Mixin Zone

1) Mornin Key

Installation and Download process:

Firstly, I go to https://safe.mixin.zone/ and design is so cool then I click on 'Get Started' the Owner wallet page is appeared there are few wallets like mornin key, ledger, Bitcoin core etc

Then simply I choose Mornin key and click on 'Get Mornin Key' I directly go mornin key official site https://mornin.one/key I see that this app is available for both Android and IOS and I think this is not for window this is sad so I have mobile phone so I can easily download this app when I go to play store then I see that this app is not free so pay small like 0.99$ dollar. I have some Google play balance then I easily install this app on my phone

After Downloading:
I can not face any problems during download also I see about this app on play store I can guess all of them can easily access this app on your phone. Then I click on mornin key app then I see security lock using biometric and passcode this is cool, easy and simple then I use paas code and create good passcode then I login in mornin key the UI design is so simple every one can easily use this app and I also see search engine this is so good I can easily search any items by name, username or public key. After checking search engine then I go to setting where I can see that dark mode also available I like this and when I activate this interface look more amazing. Then I go to my account and backup my account with mnemonic keys and I can also reveal this keys on my account at any time

2) Mixin Crypto Wallet Messenger

Installation and Download process:

After review Mornin key app then I download and install this Mixin wallet app from playstore this app is also available for both Android as well as IOS this is great. Same this app I can't see any problem during download and install

After installation and download completion, then I opn Mixin app design is so simple and look good I see that some guidelines received from Team Mixin then I click on it and read out all and all necessary and important things write on these guidelines messages this is so informative I like this feature.

After carefully read out its guidelines than I click on 'Wallet' button then he ask to create PIN and I see that we can create 6 digit pin this is good for security then I click on start button I create strong passcode and I liked this system a lot because I have to confirm the password 4 times for password confirmation. After all I successfully created my wallet so easy and simple

Deposit Process:

What my wallet created then I see that there is a lot of crypto which I can deposit and test Mixin wallet. I see that interface so simple and easy to understand also see search engine can we easily search any crypto also I see some functions like Hidden Assets, All Transaction and Connected dApps which is so cool then I start deposit some funds I selected Usdt and also select BNB Network and deposit 10 USDT from Binance.

After sometime I received my deposit and it will take almost 30 min to 1 hour. But the process is simple and easy anyone can simply use our this.But it take enough to reached out in my account

Alternate Account for Testing:

I can create another account for testing to send fund from contact. Simply I create account and then a text message from my main account then I add to contact click on '+' button then choose transfer option and then write amount and click on send. Instantly I received 2 usdt with zero fees which is too good and I don't face any problems for using this feature then I send back to my main account.

3) Safe Mixin Zone

After review Mixin wallet then I decide to create a safe then I go to site and scan out my QR code from Mixin and then I create a new safe by using mornin key this process also so easy just I scan it from mornin app and then I go back to my account

I noticed that it is clearly written that this is a beta software and don't store you assets more than 1000$ dollar this is good thing it can be clearly note that you carefully about this and I review other features like deposit and withdraw, activities, transaction all these work very smooth and not face any bugs.

Withdrawal Process:

Now it is time to withdraw my fund from Mixin wallet and now let's see withdraw proceed also so simple easy and smooth. Firstly I go to wallet and then select usdt click on send button I already add address then I select it and enter amount click on continue button then verify withdrawal through biometric and confirm transaction. This method is soo easy and simple. The transaction fees also not too high and also reliable. I received my withdrawal after few mins with no any issue.

Conclusion:
Mixin Safe Service is very simple and easy to use I really like it. Instant fund transfer feature also very fast as well as zero fees this is also good thing. Mobile app also so friendly everyone use this app and interface of app is also to cool. The chat feature is also good when my deposit not received then I contact him he ask that you can receive you fund as soon as possible also he ask me for transaction hash for confirmation. I really enjoy to use and test Mixin service. I hope the excellent service continues and I wish the Mixin project great success.

Good Luck Mixin Safe Team  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
Batch#2 deadline is over yesterday but the following users failed to submit their reviews:
Code:
Unknown Op
electronicash
Gianluca95
jamyr
Gianluca95 and jamyr contacted me. The new deadline for you two. is until 05/08 UTC, it's same as batch#3 deadline.

Unknown Op and electronicash you have few options to pick one:
1. Refund 0.003 btc to bc1qum26j0rdhf759gxyun5uxvhtcg6fpflym99y8m8pjnmhr3fsm77qpnd3u7 then update here in this topic. Before 3rd August 23:59 UTC

2. Post the review in the next two days. New deadline 3rd August 23:59 UTC.

3. If nothing is done by the time given then I will have to leave a negative feedback on your profile and we can call the case close. 

You two will be notified via PM shortly.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Note: I've tried to cover all and hope so I did it well.
Bitcointalk Username: Hamza2424
Mixin ID: 41185679

So I'll try to not put massive images because its a review, not a guide, Still, I will try to add the necessary images as the UI or the issues-related images to highlight the things. So getting started with the Wallet preparation, Owner Wallet, and member alerts and we have some option as BitcoinCore, Monin Key, and Ledger to avoid the complexities, I preferred Mornin Key and created the Owner wallet and Member wallet.

SetUp Phase

Obviously, due to the unavailability of the payment method in my reach, I used the regular APK version from the official site. So it was quite simple some options to create a new or import wallet and a pretty clean and simple UI setup. A few things I want to mention about this Mornin Key version is the Stand of Backup to the wallet, where the recover phase backup page allows the screenshot, I think in that particular activity the screenshot should not be allowed it can be considered as a Suggestion, It's a testing version still I think I should have to mention it. Rest is all good.

Mixin Wallet Messenger

After that here comes the main story with the Mixin Wallet / Messenger, So with the wallet, I would say as in 1st phase it was recommended to never lose the PIN, the +1 I've found here is the PIN selection process where we can't repeat the Pin pattern like 123 123. Wallet UI is smooth with a lot of pre-selected coins. A chat view with Bots and Annoucment channel Helps to frequently check transactions and new features and etc etc.

• So coming to the point what I found great about the wallet is the pre-processing transaction view in order to help the user to know the expected incoming transfers, as due to last network congestion still my other Hot wallets apps are not working well with the transaction records, so I've found this helpful and efficient.
  • Secondly the wallet has predefined network fees that can't be adjusted as we can adjust the fees, in most wallets, which is weird and costly becasue it's costing me 0.00024 BTC which is even higher than the minimum withdrawal amount so I think there should be adjustable fees option or the real-time network cost. I asked the question to the support as well and they answered me.
  • The transfer between the Mixing users and contacts is free and fast, even the Bot notifies you of the transfers, Which seems a good point

Mixin Safe

Using Mixin Safe is quite simple after reading the guide, No issues as it's the beta version I am hoping for more features in the gold tier lunch. Anyway, using Mornin Key I did setup my account and made a deposit there are differences according to the security configuration on users' needs, such as you can create your network from 1 member to up to 5 members.

I bought 2$ standard tier for the Mixin Safe and made a deposit according and made a withdrawal as well, the Point is in the timeline I"ve found after the first approval and members' approval, the ending approval is provided by the Owner and still transaction waits for the Mixin safe approval. I am not sure why? I did ask the Support as well. Over all the Mixing Safe is easy to use and recommended with greater security. There are different tiers of membership with different features. A safe option, members slots, and network confirmation in each tier is different and it costs around 100$ per year with the Standard mode.

Ending Words

In the end Mixin app & Mixin safe is easy to use and recommended with some unusual features, Currently, there are no bugs, a few recommendations I mentioned above, I will recommend using the Bitcoin core or other supported hardware wallet for the Owner. Deposit and withdrawals are simple if you find any complexity support is assistive, as I had asked a few questions and they entertained me well. It takes time but is still efficient.

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
Here is my (examplens) review of the Mixin service

First of all, apologies for writing a bit later, but here we had two very unpleasant storms and my internet is quite unstable these days, most often of very poor quality.

I haven't read many other reviews, so I don't know much about the service itself, except for a little bit that I participated in the ANN thread.
Opening an account/wallet I have to say that the whole process is very vague. I came looking for Mixin, and the first thing I was offered for download was I came looking for Mixin, the first thing I was offered to download was Mornin key. Until now, I have never heard of that service, but without clear additional explanations, I am asked to download that application (which is not free by the way).
I downloaded the APK file and installed it on the Android device, but something is not right. (It is quite possible that my device is not adapted to the Android 7.0 version)

I was forced to install the iOS app on my primary device anyway. And it worked.
I'm not a big fan of saving important things through applications on mobile devices, I see this as a cons in the whole thing.
Then I thought, hey, I need to test the Mixin messenger app, so I downloaded the Win app for my PC. That was fun, because that application is exclusively a messenger, without any advanced features, wallet, etc... Of course, login is only possible with the help of an activated mobile app. So, just another chat application

- Epilogue, somehow I ended up needing 3 devices for the whole process.

Mixin wallet and deposit. The Mixin Messenger (Android) application itself is the simplest it can be. I forgot to turn off notifications, as another user reminded me when he started spamming me with memes and some funny pictures. Not that I was happy when I saw gifs with a girl petting a dog in an application where I plan to deposit some money.
- A question for the Mixin team, how safe is it to allow users to send files in such an application?

When making a deposit, I can either copy/paste the BTC address or scan the QR code. Since I have to do this transaction from a computer, the QR code means nothing to me in that case, Mixin's PC version does not have access to the wallet, so I had to use a new external application to forward the address from the mobile device to the PC where I have access to my main wallet. Sound complicated? Me too.
If I have already connected Mixin Messenger with Mixin Safe, maybe the deposit addresses from the messenger could also be visible in this application.
The transaction was not visible before the final execution, not even as pending, which put me in a state of checking if I made a mistake somewhere in the whole process.

Mixin Safe The first impression is the simplicity of the interface, which is a good thing, at least for me.
Before any testing, let me emphasize a potential security risk. As I have been having a problem with the stability of the Internet last week, there have been numerous restarts and even a change of IP address by the provider. It is interesting that I have never been logged out of the Mixin Safe application.
- Shouldn't an application like this have some time lock after inactivity where a re-login is required?

I am in the process of adding new Safes to my account. Chose the standard plan of $2 to upgrade this out I immediately received a notification about a pending transaction, all that's left is to wait for the realization.
- I have to emphasize here once again, I am forced to learn about the application on the fly, with no support inside it. Without explanation, it seems as if it is assumed that every user is familiar with this idea.

The next thing I wanted to do was to create another Safe, but this time using the Ledger X wallet. Here, in the whole process, I came across a link to the article "How to use Ledger to create Mixin Safe?", so I was happy, there is a support section here after all. And this is a good example of the instructions I was hoping for from the beginning of this test.
I tried to add team members here. I recognized one username (Dr.Bitcoin_Strange) in the chat, so I tried to add him for testing purposes. I did not succeed in the search, and I tried using a username or Mixin ID. Maybe he needs to add me to his contacts. I gave up on this step and moved on.
Next, I needed to do an upgrade plan, where the Standard Plan $2 option is no longer possible. I guess I used my limit, so the only possibility is to upgrade to Elite or Prosperity plans.

So the next step transfer BTC from Mixin Messenger to Mixin Safe. Fixed 0.00025 BTC fee??

Withdraw from the Mixin safe.
Finally, the part that seemed clearer. Now I'm sorry that I didn't create a safe with Ledger (maybe I'll decide on that step anyway), I guess in that case, signing the transaction is different, apart from scanning the QR code.

Here we have the option of an upgrade plan. This is where the possibility of choosing to purchase a certain number of transactions would come in handy. For example, if I withdraw all funds and want to send them to two addresses, why am I forced to buy a larger plan if I will no longer use this service?

Signing through the Mornin key took an unexpectedly long time, without any information. I wasn't sure if everything was okay with my phone, or if it was just a normal process.

Finally, I'm waiting for the confirmation of the transaction, there is no fee charged this time, so I'm wondering if it's only now during the promo period or if will it always be like that.

By passing this test, the concept and basic idea of the project is clear. I really think it has a future, but a lot of development is still needed here. What I consider to be the biggest complaint is that there is a lot of ambiguity during the whole process.
At times I was really frustrated because I had to go back and check what I had overlooked. I am of the opinion that any service that deals with these and similar financial services must be maximally adapted and user-friendly.

I made a certain number of screenshots, but I did not upload them due to technical difficulties. If necessary, I'll add them to the review.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 596
When life gets hard BUY Bitcoin!
Eternad Mixin Safe Review

Preparation
I go to the mixin safe website to start my journey on using the mixin safe. I click sign in and the image below prompt on my screen. There's a clear instruction on how to move forward in terms of account registration.

I click the download link(Google Playstore) and immediately download the Mixin messenger so that I can already create an account for my Mixin safe.

Mixin Messenger

I downloaded the Mixin messenger on the playstore using the download to make sure I'm using the correct application. I registered using a temporary mobile number and immediately received the verification code to create my account using my temporary mobile number.

After a successful account creation, I was surprised on the messenger ecosystem because it's combination of wallet and messenger at the same time since you can use it as telegram/messenger function to chat and send file while store your crypto currency at the same time since it supports multiple crypto currencies.

What makes this better compared to competitor messenger app is it has a scanner feature for an easy login or access to the safe which is very crucial to protect assets on potential malwares installed on a device. The emergency contact feature is really awesome as safety measure in case the mobile number is loss for assets to recover.

I made a deposit on the messenger and my balance was quickly sync even if the transaction on unconfirmed status on blockchain. I think the only downside here is the flat rate fee which you can't customize based on your preferred speed like Electrum but the rest of the feature is nice for a messenger and crypto wallet at the same time.

Suggestion: Introduce biometric option when accessing the crypto wallets and introduce a feature to automatically lock the wallet for a certain period of time so that no one can hack the wallet in case the app is open the background when the phone got lost.

Mornin Key

I download this wallet same process on Mixin Messenger using the instruction provided when creating a safe. At this part, I'm already login on the Mixin safe website and started the procedure on creating safe. I paid 1$ before I can install the app since it's a paid app on playstore. I think the paid part of this app might make the user turn off since it's still on the early process which user usually lazy when they encounter some payment requirement already without seeing the actual product feature.

Mornin Key app use the same process of account registration to the typical non-custodial crypto wallet which user need to write seed phrase for back up purposes. The app is a literal key storage.

I only use it on scanning the code for the safe as owner wallet and signing withdrawal transaction. It's response to scan for approval is quick and smooth. I have no problem encountered when approving all my request using my keys.

Mixin Safe

The UI/UX of mixin safe is very simple yet everything that you need to learn and see is already available just like an open book. I really like the design of being less complicated so that user can easily navigate the website function without many questions because everything is self-explanatory.

(Image taken after my withdrawal)

I head over the safe and start to create my very first mixin safe. I really like procedure guide on left side the whole process because it's easier to complete all the requirements when the guide is always readable while I'm currently setting up the requirements.

I setup my network name and choose Bitcoin currency for my safe and use my Mornin key app to scan the code for authorizing a transaction as owner of the safe. This whole process just takes less than a minute until I'm on the part which I need to subscribe the premium plan in order to create a safe.

I pay using Electrum and choose the 2$ premium plan for 1 safe per year since that's all I needed. I encounter some problem on this part because my checkout page become blank white the whole time while my Bitcoin payment is pending. The checkout page finishes the loading process after my bitcoin transaction received 1 confirmation. I just hope that the checkout page will just remain the same and show the status of the incoming transaction including the TXID.

The safe takes a bit time to become active(above 1 minute than the suggested waiting time). I click the received button on the safe and sent my Bitcoin using my Electrum wallet. This time, the transaction is very quick to reflect on my safe balance.

I clicked the send button to test the withdrawal, At this point my deposit have 1 confirmation. I input my wallet address and the amount, I approved the transaction using my mornin key as owner by scanning the qr code and same with mixin messenger for member approval to complete the transaction. Everything went well and the transaction got confirmed instantly after all the authorization is finish.

The mixin safe feature works perfectly as safe since it needs all the party involved to approve transaction from the safe.

Suggestion: Adding hiding safe that already useless (in an event that all party involved withdraw the balance and doesn't need it anymore) so that we can still use 1 free safe included for the basic plan or atleast make the basic plan available to purchased additional safe.

Summary:
Mixin safe is very simple and easy to use. It's safe because it requires multiple approval and you can approve all transaction using scan method. Payment method option is convenient since it has multiple option. The transaction speed and website responsiveness in every task is very quick which makes my overall experience smooth on all the process.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468
Bitcointalk username: Avirunes

(!) This is supposed to be Mixin Safe review but there are some things that I didn't liked straight off the bat - Improper organizing of Mixin products. I feel a project/company should have all things linked at one site so that their users can feel it easy to scroll through their products or can find related help and FAQ's easily. With Mixin, I saw their Mixin Safe being at https://safe.mixin.zone, while their about Mixin network being at https://mixin.network and Mixin Messenger at https://mixin.one/messenger . Another thing, while I can find about Mixin Messenger and Mixin Network from https://mixin.one, there is nothing to find about Mixin Safe there. It will be great if Mixin team organizes their products properly in a way that their users can find everything at one spot like safe.mixin.one, messenger.mixin.one and network.mixin.one. I hope team is able to understand what I am highlighting here.

Mixin Messenger:

Installation & further setups: Installation was pretty easy as it was simple download from Google Play store on my Android phone. While scrolling and checking through the application I stumbled upon desktop version of Mixin Messenger. 

Suggestion:
(*) It would be really good to have web version of Mixin messenger also.

After installing the application, I was asked to register myself with name and phone no. (verified with OTP). Once it was all set, I was asked to set a 6 digit bin PIN during which I was asked to verify 4 times!! (bit annoying but can understand). Once everything was all done with initial setup, I made a deposit of 0.001 BTC [txid] in Mixin Messenger Wallet.

Adding Contacts & Emergency Contacts: Before I move to next step of sending to someone and/or address, I opened another Mixin Messenger Account with my other phone no. and added each other as contact. For setting of Emergency Contacts, I went to Settings>Account>Security>Emergency Contact which then gives me a dialog box of the nature of Emergency Contacts after which I am asked for my 6 digit PIN and after then I am asked to select the emergency contact from the list which I selected my other account. A 4 digit code was sent to the other account on Mixin Messenger which I filled up and confirmed to enable the Emergency Contact.

I find setting up of Emergency contact as really good feature as in case of phone stolen/or lost/ or inaccessible a user can ask for emergency contact to help with accessing his Mixin Messenger back again. Mixin team has explained it in their article [LINK] .

Transfer of Coins between Contacts &  to Address[1][2][3]: First of all, I initiated transaction between contacts wherein I clicked on "+" at the bottom left hand side and selected "Transfer" and type in 0.001 BTC as amount in next step and authenticated the transaction by putting in my 6 digit PIN. It was smooth, easy and no fee was required.

Next for sending coin to address[4][5], I went to my Mixin Messenger Wallet and simply clicked "Send" and then selected "Address" and then sent 0.00064 BTC (excluding 0.00033 BTC fee)[6] to back to my wallet address. The whole process was very smooth but the fee was very high for the transaction. The real transaction however was sent with 0.00002495 BTC fee.

Gallery: (Mixin Messenger)
(click to enlarge)

[1]
Activity: 1194
Merit: 126
Think Different
Jateng Review About Mixin Messenger

Mixin Messenger is an open-source signal protocol messenger and cryptocurrency wallet that supports practically all widely used cryptocurrencies. It is E2EE signal protocol messenger and an open source bitcoin wallet.

The Mixin Messenger application a fascinating tool that enables users to communicate, transfer cryptocurrencies, and make transactions with their friends will be discussed in more detail. The app combines simplicity with complexity from the moment I signed up to exploring its features and usage and I found it to be an interesting blend of simplicity and complexity.

Dowoading and Installation:

I was led to install the Mixin Messenger app on my Android phone upon clicking the user guide link https://safe.mixin.zone/. It was a quick process and the data consumption seemed reasonable. the registration process was hassle free as it only required my phone number for verification whike creating account on Mixin Safe. It was a comparatively simple and easy process

Security PIN
Initially I was surprised by Mixin Messenger's PIN system. It requires users to enter their PIN four times, as opposed to other platforms. But I appreciated the added security measure, since it reduces the risk of forgetting the PIN without writing it down.

Mixin Wallet

I found the Mixin wallet to be impressive, as it supported an array of popular coins and tokens, including Bitcoin. Sending and receiving funds proved to be as seamless as using trust wallet adding to the overall convenience.
In my experience adding contacts proved a bit tricky initially, so I had to connect through a desktop device. Once I created another account through a desktop the process became much simpler.

There was a pleasant and straightforward experience to choosing an avatar and using your own picture for the profile picture. Also you could edit your name as well you could also choose to use your own picture as the profile picture.

Mixin Messenger

In terms of communication, the chat feature allowed for exchanging messages, pictures, and videos, mirroring the familiarity of WhatsApp and Telegram. Although I enjoyed the chat experience, I couldn't help but feel that adding reactions to chats would enhance the overall expressiveness of the platform. While I didn't try the group chat option due to the initial hassle of adding contacts. I found the desktop version of Mixin Messenger to be incredibly convenient and user-friendly.  

Best Features:
 Login with a mobile phone number and never lose your account also Secured by six digit PIN
Coins and tokens are stored in PoS-BFT-DAG distributed network
 Restore wallet just by phone number and PIN
 Simple and easy interface
Send cryptocurrencies directly to phone contacts
Send secure messages with Signal protocol
Support Dark mode Available
Group chat list and Voice calls that are end-to-end encrypted

Deposit and Withdrawal

The transaction process proved to be seamless, with no fees for sending money between Mixin accounts and a minimum transaction value of approximately $2. Also Mixin Safe though initially challenging to use on my mobile device provided a secure and straightforward process once I switched to desktop mode on my Chrome browser.
I think Upgrading to access all features of the service was straightforward and the badge system particularly the $2 plan made the process swift. Deposit will take some time based on blockchain conditions typically 20 to 30 mins for Bitcoin.

Conclusion:

Mixin Messenger offered an exciting and familiar experience, making it an enjoyable platform for crypto enthusiasts. While the simplicity of the app was appealing I recommend adding a reaction feature to the chats to enhance expressiveness. Moreover the ability to chat and send cryptocurrencies directly to contacts without fees is a standout feature. Personally, I prefer using Mixin Safe for this singular option given its secure and user-friendly nature. I think In a world of cryptocurrency chats, Mixin Messenger stands as a burst of perplexity, combining simplicity and complexity for an engaging user experience.
Might be the most user friendly cryptocurrencies wallet to store various type of crypto in the market Highly Recommended
Activity: 798
Merit: 547
Leo is resting.
MIXIN SAFE REVIEW

Forum username: GiftedMAN

Mixin Messenger
It was a great privilege to be among the participants of the Mixin Safe review and I am so delighted. I followed the instructions as it was outlined on the thread and I was able to get to the last stage and created the Mixing Safe as required by the team. It was a little bit challenging but I was able to come back to this thread make sure that all steps was duly followed with transaction to test the Mixin Safe to see the amount of network fee per transaction.

I was able to download the Mixin Safe wallet from Play Store since I am using an Android gadget which was less stressed for me to install and get on the app. After downloading, I quickly launch the app to see what it was all about. I saw the interface where I was mandated to put a phone number for me to verify it and get to the next stage. I was surprised and decided to leave the app to check this thread for some information why I have to be given an option to put phone number only and not my email address because I was very conscious of my information on a cryptocurrency wallet.

I got a little comprehension about the whole thing and I went back to the app to continue the registration. After the phone number verification, I was mandated to put a username which I obliged since it was part of the steps required to complete the review. I was also asked to create a pin which I did like four times in a row before I was done with that part. I like the interface because it was cool and simple to comprehend. I checked some of the features and I was delighted to be among the participants that tested the Mixin Messenger since it has so many freatures I may not find on other cryptocurrency wallets.

Mixin Messenger has some features that is intriguing and makes it interesting to use:

- It is a decentralized cryptocurrency wallet.
- It has new features that makes it look more safer to use.
- It support different coins and tokens.
- I can easily create a group and add my contacts.
- It has end-to-end encrypted features.
- I can connect with multiple friends on the wallet.
- It supports more than 30 Blockchains.

Mornin Key
After I was able to download the Mixing Safe and with a few steps to complete my former registration on the app, I decided to download the Morning Key so I can proceed to step two thag require me to create an account on the app(Mornin Key) to complete the step two. I could not download the app on Play Store since it requires payment to get the app, I have no option than to download the APK file so I can have access to the app.

I was able to install it and create an account using my forum name because I have everything to be in accordance so i will not have any issues later. This was very easy to create an account and get access to my account without being stressed.

The Mixin Interface
The Mixin Crypto wallet interface was very comprehensive and easier for me to move around and I never found anything difficult to do since everything was well arranged.
I tested some features on the app and also tried to join group which were for me and my contacts. I asked my friends to download the app since it has a end-to-end encrypted functions that makes our chats to be limited to those of us in the group. The featutes was like my regular chatting apps so it was very convince to move around the app with it crashing or showing bugs. This is when I saw the reason why I was mandated to use a phone number to create an account making it easier to add contacts and chat with friends using the Mixin Messenger wallet.

Creating a pin
Immediately I was done with creating a Mixin account, I was asked to create a pin so that no one will have access to my Mixin app apart from me. Thie was a safe move to make all my communication with the app to be a single person oriented. I first used a simple pin so I can always remember the pin but I was initiated to create a strong pin so that no one can guess the exact pin to compromise my account. I use a 6 digits pin so it can be as long as possible so that no one can guess the pin easily. I was able to use the pin all through the process to create the final New Safe on a desktop. As I go further in the registration process, the pin was vital when scanning the barcode.

Adding a Contact
The contact adding was a little bit confusing at first but I was happy that I was able to add some contacts on my account as the steps require. I was able to click my profile, I clicked on the "MY OR Code" where the barcode of my account showed. I clicked on the "Add Contact" to add those people that are already using the wallet which was more convince for me. Before doing all that, I asked people around me to go to Play Store and download the Mixin Messenger so that they can create account and have there own profiles tok before able to add them since we can only add those people that have accounts on there phones or gadgets. They downloaded the wallet and create d an account then i sharply scan there barcode to add them to my contact list. This process was very easy for me to do multiple times because it was straight forward.

Settings
The setting was quick to locate for me and it was in the right side corner of the app interface. In the settings I was able to locate some featurs and use it to do the necessary I wanted to adjust. I log in my account settings where I created my emergency contacts sso that it can be used to fix my account in case I lost access or something else happens. In the settings, I can easily adjust or change my pin to a new one if there is a need for me to do that in case my pin is compromised. I can ask log out from my account from the settings, create authorizations or change my phone number in case I lost my previous number and can't have access to it.

Settings Features
- Account
- Notification and Configuration
- Chat
- Data and Storage Usage
- Appearance
- Mixing Messenger Desktop
- Feedback
- Invite a Friend
- About

Scanning Barcodes
Scanning the barcode was very faster than I thought. I was thinking the barcode scanner would not be as sharp as I thought but everything was quicky. Immediately I use my phone camera from the Mixin Messenger, it quickly connect without wasting time. Also the Mornin Key scanner was also very quick during usage. I had a simple challenge when I wanted to scan where there was no bright light for the scanner to be effective.

New Safe
After I was done with the initial steps for the preparation of creating a New Safe. I have to go back to the Mixin Safe website where I scanned the Barcode that referred me to my portal where I have to create a New Safe account to complete all the requirements. Creating my New Safe account was step by step just like the steps I took to create a Mixin Messenger account. Before the final stage of creating a New Safe account, a paid for upgrade that cost upto $2 in Bitcoin.

I sent the Bitcoin from my Trust wallet scanning the Barcode on my portal to make the process to be very fast without manually copy pasting the wallet address and inputting the amount in Bitcoin. This process was a little bit sluggish because I had to wait for the network confirmation before the transaction was confirmed. This took me upto an hour that made we skeptical if the transaction will ever go. Finally I was done with the step of upgrading my account and congratulations to me, I successfully created a New Safe account.

Transaction
The transaction was very fast. After creating a New Safe account, I quickly did a transaction to test the wallet and how fast it it. The transaction was a bit small sending from my Trust Wallet to my New Safe account because I had to wait for network confirmation for the transaction to be approved. After the transaction was confirmed, I received a message on my Mixin Messenger of the exact amount of Bitcoin that reflected on my New Safe dashboard.

The dashboard was comprehensive and easy to move around the site interface. It was a good and remarkable experience for me to passed through all those steps to understand and complete the requirements to write this review.

Conclusion
My experience going through the difference steps of this review was very comprehensive and tasking. I was determined to make sure I go through every steps to complete the requirements of writing this review. The Mixin Messenger is a good cryptocurrency wallet that I can also refer to my friends and family because it has intriguing features that might not be available on other cryptocurrency wallets. The team can work on giving us other options of creating an account apart from using a phone number since it is a decentralized wallet that supports more than 30 chains and different coins or tokens.
LDL
Activity: 588
Merit: 598
Bitcoin username: LDL
Batch: Batch#2

My Mixin safe Messenger Wallet Review:

"Mixin safe" messenger apps , registration &apps installation:

Like other apps I use my personal mobile phone instead of desktop to register the "Mixin safe" messenger apps. Unlike other apps, "Mixin safe" messenger apps do not have to face any difficulty to register on mobile phones instead I have experienced several advantages here. Installed and registered apps from "Mixin safe" website https://safe.mixin.zone/ from my mobile phone. Of course I used the mobile number to register where I didn't face any difficulty. After giving my personal mobile phone number a four digit otp code was given from "Mixin safe" support and account registration was done through special security capture using that code. Although it took me a while to get the captcha and 4-digit code for a while, I didn't face as many problems as other apps.
But I am saying one thing with caution if anyone wants to download "Mixin safe "apps, then they can download it from Google play store by entering the link provided from the main website, otherwise it will be wise not to download apps from any other website.

Messenger apps Reviews Rate

These open source bitcoin wallets and encrypt2encrypt(E2E) messenger apps are very important for public expression of personal and groupwise opinions. This messenger apps has already gained great popularity and got positive reviews of around 3.9 stars. The popularity of "Mixin safe messenger apps" is increasing as time goes by. But it is expected that these messenger apps will become the top class messenger apps used in the world in the near future.

This messenger apps already has more than one million users and thousands of new users are getting connected and familiar with this "Mixin safe" messenger apps every day. Moreover, this messenger app is not only used as a part of communication but also as a fully secured Bitcoin wallet. This messenger apps already has more than one billion worth of cryptocurrency deposits and more than one million transactions per day from this wallet. But another important thing is that these messenger apps and wallets have a permanent guarantee for five more years in the future. No doubt it will create an ecosystem of trust for users.

Support Blockchain explorers:

An important aspect of "Mixin Safe wallet" is that it currently supports 48 blockchain network explorers and their blockchain confirmation time is much less than other wallets and deposit confirmation time is much less than other wallets. Confirmation time in wallet" is very less.

Mixin safe Wallet's deposit experience:

I had my first little BTC deposit experience in Mixin safe wallet which really surprised me and made me curious to use this wallet. I deposited 1mBTC from my Electrum bitcoin wallet and deposit confirmed in wallet with only 3 block confirmations completed. I have used many wallets but very few have confirmed as fast as Mixin safe wallet.

Mixin safe wallet Withdrawal, time and fees experience:

I have faced an exceptional problem with withdrawing in case of Mixin safe wallet.  The withdrawal fee of this wallet is very high compared to other recognized wallets. Mixin safe wallet's withdrawal fee is around $10 where other wallets' withdrawal fees range from ($0.10-1.0). I request the authorities of Mixin safe wallet to solve this problem and bring special benefits to people by solving this problem as soon as possible.

Mixin safe Messenger support team & Services:

One of the most attractive aspects of Mixin safe messenger apps is their support team and their round the clock servicing. Their service team provides 24/7 service to their users and they have added service bots to their apps for service. I contacted their service team and they resolved my issue very quickly. The bots assigned to their service team to serve the customers can recognize the bot audio, text, video, image functional symbols. E2E servicing facility is a special benefit to customers with their services. They are committed to providing 24 hour service while protecting the privacy of their customers. I highly appreciate Mixin safe messenger apps service team and support team.

Conclusion

I have used and observed both these Mixin Safe Messenger Apps and Mixin Safe wallet very deeply. While these messenger apps and wallets have many advantages, I have encountered a number of disadvantages. The customer service of this messenger apps is great. And the security system of these messenger apps and wallets made me very attentive. I have faced several issues with the security system of many exchanges, wallets many times but the security and privacy system of these messenger apps and wallets are very strong and user friendly.
Finally, one major problem I encountered was that the additional fees I encountered for withdrawing did not seem very positive to me. Fees are relatively higher than unique wallets. I recommend that this issue be brought to the attention of the authorities as soon as possible.

Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org